Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#540535 - 06/11/19 06:52 PM [User Showcase] Beer! Wine! Liquor!
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
https://soundcloud.com/user-770148857/beer-wine-liquor

I used _RKBILYF.sty and 1951 sax soloist. Stephane from fiverr again on vocals:

Just got a call, my baby's gone, she left with a travelling band,
Hop in my car, but I ain't going far, good luck to her new-found man,
I'm just driving 'til I see a sign that says Beer Wine Liquor that's the end of the line yeah,

Beer Wine Liquor, neon sign,
Slide me a bottle of something fine,
Beer Wine Liquor, shining bright,
Find your way in the middle of the night,
Some fellas might haul off and die
But Beer Wine Liquor's my battle cry.

Lots of girls leave me, ain't nothing new, won't cry over legs and some lips,
No wild woman's gonna make me blue, she's gone after several sips,
Some run to mama and I do the same,
But Beer Wine Liquor's my mama's name, yeah

Anyone drinking's my buddy tonight, let's pour until we're poor,
A bottle you can see through's a terrible sight,
So back to my favorite store,
Don't know the way, just look for the glow,
Beer Wine Liquor is the place to go, yeah

Edited by TuneMonger (06/12/19 02:11 PM)

#540543 - 06/11/19 11:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
I enjoyed the listen.

Not sure why you kept the count in, and the end was a bit abrupt.

Nice sax solo! smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#540558 - 06/12/19 03:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Big fun. I thought you were serving.

The write is outstanding. My mama's name...killer. My crit would be the vocals. Singer is good, but I think he's got the wrong reverb. Just sounds a bit too far back for in-your-face song.

Still, a lot of fun listening.
BIAB 2019 Audiophile. Windows 10. Former user of old version. Prefer creating while learning over learning before creating. Passable, intermediate level acoustic rhythm guitar player. Songwriter, lyricist, composer loving all styles.

#540563 - 06/12/19 03:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Fun indeed! Nice writing, "No wild woman's gonna make me blue, she's gone after several sips", good stuff!

Production wise I agree with the comments from David and Tangmo. But, minor quibble and an easy fix.

I liked the sax solo, was hoping you were going to blow some harp though, I think you play harmonica?

But yeah, overall a good song, enjoyed!

Blue Attitude Website

#540583 - 06/12/19 06:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hey there TuneMonger, thank you for sharing this! This sounds very full and the instruments are layered nicely. Very fun lyrics too, i'll cheers to that!

#540598 - 06/12/19 07:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
TuneMonger,

Love the old school rock feel of this one. Good mix and a nice vocal.

Much enjoyed!

Bob

#540599 - 06/12/19 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
TM,

Rockin'. Fun.

It is interesting (the other comments)... I turned it up loud, and I thought the vocal was sitting in the right place (well mixed actually). I would have wanted the drums and the piano up just a tad. The bass was punchy, the sax was cool...

You had me rockin' in my chair...

fj

#540621 - 06/12/19 12:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Good song...
I especially like the line...
"A bottle you can see through's a terrible sight"...
Good job on this rocker!

#540633 - 06/12/19 03:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Very clever write! I don`t think anyone needs to write another booze song after that.
Up loud it sounds better and had me bopping.
Your vocalist has a good feel for the style - gets into the spirit, you might say.

Robert

#540642 - 06/12/19 04:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

What a tune! A super fun tune - very catchy and I love the throwback rock and roll sound on this. Some clever lyrics too - and a fine example of strong songwriting. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if I heard this on the radio. Would do well with a dancefloor as well, no doubt.

Great work and thanks for sharing smile

#540656 - 06/12/19 06:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Rockin boogie woogie booze!
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#540662 - 06/12/19 07:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
I love this style of music

roots of rock, pure, like Little Richard,

Jerry Lee, and so many other greats

there's good rocking' tonight!

(sounds like a hidden track on an album)

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

#540755 - 06/13/19 10:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Wow this one picks you up. Very cool tune. Super vocal. Awesome dancing tune. Well done

#542379 - 06/22/19 01:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia USA
Energy, drive, and steam rolling good times. What a song! Fun lyrics and bopping melody. Great vocals.

#542439 - 06/22/19 07:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Expert

TuneMonger,
Nice rocker! Very well performed and mixed! Escaped me first time around, glad it was bumped!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#542469 - 06/23/19 05:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Queensland, Australia
mkg50 (Mike G) Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Queensland, Australia
This is a terrific bar-room "ballad". With a professional production/mix it could be GREAT.
The lyrics are first class - like Tom Waits meets Little Richard:
"Lots of girls leave me, ain't nothing new, won't cry over legs and some lips,
No wild woman's gonna make me blue, she's gone after several sips,
Some run to mama and I do the same,
But Beer Wine Liquor's my mama's name, yeah".
Go TuneMonger, go...

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172

#542535 - 06/23/19 04:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
TuneMonger, fantastic vocals on this! Background harmony also exceptionally good! Very good work! Thanks, Torrey
BMI

#542621 - 06/24/19 02:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Davis, CA
Happy Birthday Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really clever and fun!! Some wonderfully creative lyrics, and a melody that delivers just what's needed. Particularly loved:

let's pour until we're poor

Great job on everything..the whole nine!! Take care. Greg

#542626 - 06/24/19 02:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Sounds like something George Thoroughgood would have recorded in the day.....

a fun tune...

Beer wine liquor is my battle cry......

I'll drink to that!!!

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#543502 - 06/30/19 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Beer! Wine! Liquor! [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Wow, everything great fun about this one. Toe-tapping stuff delivering LOTS of memories of times when arthritis still sounded like some strange Kamasutra exercise to us ... Love it !!!

Cheers,

Stefan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
#TBT The Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" Mode!

Did you know... the "Plug-in" mode was first launched with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows!

With the 2010 "Plug-in" mode, Band-in-a-Box® opened as a small always-on-top window, and acted as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you could Drag-and-drop MIDI and audio (WAV) tracks from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer. You could work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer’s track at the desired track and bar location.

To learn more about the new features that were launched with Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows, check out Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" mode feature highlighted in our Band-in-a-Box® 2010 New Features Video at 10:50!

The "Plug-in" mode development didn't stop there - With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 we introduced the "Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin" which now works DIRECTLY INSIDE YOUR DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, PreSonus, etc.). Learn more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - No Sound with MIDI?

Have you ever experienced a No Sound issue when you're working with MIDI in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac?

We have an online tutorial that can walk you through some troubleshooting to resolve this, but why not check out our newest YouTube video instead?

Click here to watch...

Of course, you can always reach out to us directly if you're in need of assistance with the program!

#TipTuesday - The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Feature Browser!

Don't underestimate the power of the Feature Browser added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020! This is a GREAT resource when you "know that you knew a feature" but just can't quite remember how to find it!

Simply click on the [?] at the top of the program (near the Mixer on the right) to launch this feature. From there, simply type in your query, or choose from the long list that appears in the Feature Browser window. If you're typing it in, you'll see that list change to only show the results that could fit your search - once you find what you're looking for, you can read more about it when you choose [Manual], if there's a video for the feature you can choose [Video] to view it, OR - if you don't need to read about the feature and just want to USE it, choose [Do it] and you're all set!

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video:

10:19 - New Feature - Feature Browser

Give the Gift of Music with Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you wait too long to purchase flowers, a card, or book a restaurant for Valentine's Day? Or, maybe material gifts just aren't your thing?

Why not whip together a song in Band-in-a-Box? It's as easy as typing in some chords, choosing a style, and pressing play!

Or, take it a step further with the help of the Audio Chord Wizard and our StylePicker Song Titles Browser feature!
How???
-Use the Audio Chord Wizard to analyze their favorite song and provide you with the chord progression
-Take that chord progression and start a new project in Band-in-a-Box (choose "Erase the Audio WAV file in BB" | Enable style)
-Head to the StylePicker window, search for a style for that song using the "Song Titles Browser" Feature (top right)
-Choose from the list provided
-Press Play!

Like what you hear? Save it, and viola!

Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 17)

Monday, February 17th is Family Day!

Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 18th.

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Get Out Your Guitar with Band-in-a-Box®!

Today is Get Out Your Guitar Day! To celebrate, "they" recommend gathering up a few friends with guitars to ROCK!

But, what if you're unable to round up your crew? That's where Band-in-a-Box® comes in!

There are more than 1,100 Guitar RealTracks available in Sets 1-352 by over 50 RealTracks Artists! Jam along with any of them when you create your own song using Guitar RealTracks, or play one of the demo songs for any Guitar you choose in the RealTracks picker dialog - simply choose your Guitar and click on the [Song Demo...] button within that window.

OR take it even farther when you head to the Soloist within Band-in-a-Box® and choose "Trade" when generating a Guitar Soloist track - choose between 2, 4, or 8 bars!

Learn more about the Trade option within Band-in-a-Box in Chapter 9 | "The Soloist" of our Online Manual.

RealBand® Bar Settings Explained

Pressing the [Bar] button or f5 while in the Chords Window of RealBand brings up the Settings for Bar for that song.

What can you do in Bar Settings?
-Key Changes
-Style Changes
-Instrument Changes
-RealTracks Changes (opens a new window)
-Access the UserTracks Development Settings
-assign bars to repeat
-Reset - All Bars or Current Bar

Forum Stats
31207 Members
63 Forums
62442 Topics
528253 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
carnicom, wilsonts, epe, Bordaci, jbowerman

31206 Registered Users