You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#540470 - 06/11/19 09:58 AM [User Showcase] New Song - The Dream
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

It has become a tradition for me to write a song for my wife (Rachel) every year around the time of our anniversary. Today is our 43rd anniversary, and we are still going strong. I love her just as much or more than when we married. We have 2 wonderful daughters and 6 amazing grandchildren. God is good!

SoundCloud version...
The Dream - SOUNDCLOUD

For those interested in the sappy video I made for her...
The Dream - VIDEO

On this one, BB was used, but the only instrument that made it into the song was the bass...
RealTracks in song: ~2474:Bass, Acoustic, Held Ev 085

All the other instruments, I played, using various softsynth sounds from Native Instruments and SoniVox. I hope you enjoy it...

The Dream
©Stephen W. Young

I had a dream that we were young again
I heard familiar voices of old friends
And some were there that long have gone away
This dream that was so clear of yesterday

And in this dream we traveled hand in hand
So full of life, and love, we made our plans
And you were standing there so young and free
The love God gave to make my life complete

Now time has come and left it's little scars
The wounds that heal and tell of mended hearts
And wisdom gives a strength I can't explain
A knowing in my heart that will remain

And as I look to see what lies ahead
Some things that I don't want to leave unsaid
You're still the one, and you will always be

So as I look to see what lies ahead
Some things that I don't want to leave unsaid
You're still the one, and you will always be

#540476 - 06/11/19 10:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hey there Steve, fantastic choice of instrumentation on this. This is beautiful and the vibe is very appealing. Great effects on the vocals. Thanks for sharing!

#540479 - 06/11/19 10:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Steve,

This is absolutely beautiful... You have a timeless voice that really captures the emotion and feeling of the song.

Awesome mix and just wonderful all around.

Bob

#540488 - 06/11/19 12:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
A beautiful love song

Steve, you are so talented

with your writing and excellent vocals

this arrangement is super

Kenny

#540495 - 06/11/19 12:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I really enjoyed the lyrics that were written for this one. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

#540514 - 06/11/19 02:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Steve,

About 10 seconds after I clicked on "play" over at Soundcloud and your song started streaming, my headphones filled my mind with the most glorious and wonderful sound. "Stunning" was the first word that came to my thoughts.

This is such a very rich composition. The texture and warmth of the instruments and your singing are incredible. Your production overflows with aural elegance.

I absolutely love the melody and how it gently swept me along. As a vehicle for carrying your wonderful lyrics, I cannot imagine anything better. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes right now. Even though your lyrics were written to say 'thank you' to Rachel, they are a perfect fit for me. Your words take me back 2014 when life turned upside down for me for a while. Thank you for taking me on that journey... I am sincerely grateful.

This song and its presentation define the phrase 'Beautiful Music'.

43 years, 2 daughters and 6 grandchildren are quite a set of achievements that you have every right to feel immensely proud of. My congratulations to your both smile

Sending good thoughts your way,
Noel

#540597 - 06/12/19 07:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Steve,

An absolutely beautiful song.

The production, vocal and mix are all super.

The video is really nice. You actually "choked me up" a bit...

Happy Anniversary!

fj

#540604 - 06/12/19 08:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Online   content
Expert

Loc: Finland
Beautiful and touching lyrics, your voice is a messenger that carries those words gently. Great arrangement, I like those lush strings.

Janne

#540620 - 06/12/19 12:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
I loved your composition as well as your "sappy video"...
I didn't find it sappy at all...
Both the song and the video seemed to be filled with love...
Congratulations on a great song...
And Happy Anniversary to both of you!

#540640 - 06/12/19 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - this one really touches the soul. Your vocals are stunning, and the composition itself is absolutely gorgeous. It is soaked in emotion and absolute sincerity - I have no doubt your wife won't be able to keep a dry eye after hearing this.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

#540651 - 06/12/19 06:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: 44kfl]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hey there Steve, fantastic choice of instrumentation on this. This is beautiful and the vibe is very appealing. Great effects on the vocals. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Joe! Really appreciate your nice words!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

This is absolutely beautiful... You have a timeless voice that really captures the emotion and feeling of the song.

Awesome mix and just wonderful all around.

Bob

Hi Bob! Always good to hear from you. Really appreciate your taking the time to listen to this one and comment! Glad you like it!

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
A beautiful love song

Steve, you are so talented

with your writing and excellent vocals

this arrangement is super

Kenny

Thank you, Kenny! Your words are too kind! Glad you like this one!

===

Steve

#540653 - 06/12/19 06:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Lovely stuff.
Simple arrangement, flowing melody and a narrative to match.
A little de-essing might be nice but otherwise WELL DONE.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#540671 - 06/12/19 10:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Sublime.

Happy Anniversary!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#540679 - 06/13/19 02:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Tangmo Offline
Journeyman

A Happy Anniversary to you both. Wonderful flowing melody and beautifully sung. Simple but powerful arrangement, and words full of love and appreciation. Moved me here. Thanks.
BIAB 2019 Audiophile. Windows 10. Former user of old version. Prefer creating while learning over learning before creating. Passable, intermediate level acoustic rhythm guitar player. Songwriter, lyricist, composer loving all styles.

#540688 - 06/13/19 04:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Beautiful song, love the melody and your vocal is fabulous.

I watched the video, enjoyed seeing your family grow over time.

Happy Anniversary!

Blue Attitude Website

#540758 - 06/13/19 10:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
I am with Noel on this one. Just stunning song Steve. I think I have a new favorite of your songs. Just beautiful song. The mix was just awesome as well. I think it would be very difficult for someone to not become fully engaged in this song..

#541175 - 06/15/19 03:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: jannesan]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I really enjoyed the lyrics that were written for this one. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

Thanks so much, Ember! Glad you like the lyrics on this one. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment!

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Steve,

About 10 seconds after I clicked on "play" over at Soundcloud and your song started streaming, my headphones filled my mind with the most glorious and wonderful sound. "Stunning" was the first word that came to my thoughts.

This is such a very rich composition. The texture and warmth of the instruments and your singing are incredible. Your production overflows with aural elegance.

I absolutely love the melody and how it gently swept me along. As a vehicle for carrying your wonderful lyrics, I cannot imagine anything better. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes right now. Even though your lyrics were written to say 'thank you' to Rachel, they are a perfect fit for me. Your words take me back 2014 when life turned upside down for me for a while. Thank you for taking me on that journey... I am sincerely grateful.

This song and its presentation define the phrase 'Beautiful Music'.

43 years, 2 daughters and 6 grandchildren are quite a set of achievements that you have every right to feel immensely proud of. My congratulations to your both smile

Sending good thoughts your way,
Noel

Noel, I always look forward to reading your comments on any song. You are so thoughtful, and always find creative ways to express your thoughts on our work here on the forum. Thanks for all you do! (And I really appreciate your thoughts on this song!)

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Steve,

An absolutely beautiful song.

The production, vocal and mix are all super.

The video is really nice. You actually "choked me up" a bit...

Happy Anniversary!

fj

Thanks for your very nice words, Floyd. This one choked me up, when I was trying to sing it. I am so thankful to have such a beautiful (inside and out) wife. I'm really glad you liked this one, and thanks for the anniversary wishes!

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Beautiful and touching lyrics, your voice is a messenger that carries those words gently. Great arrangement, I like those lush strings.

Janne

Thanks, Janne! Very nice of you to listen and comment on this one. Means a lot to me. Glad you like the strings.

===

Steve

#541178 - 06/15/19 03:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Firstly belated Congrats, This is a lovely lyrical song and to me an Andy Williams feel in the vocals and the style/band.

You done this so cleverly that I honestly feel, your feelings.

Thanks

#541205 - 06/15/19 11:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Steve I love all your songs and this one is no exception. You've got a fabulous voice for ballads. The whole song has been beautifully put together. Altogether an all round masterpiece from start to finish

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#541216 - 06/16/19 12:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Dream [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Steve

Beautiful song, lovely performance both vocally and on keyboard.
A gorgeous ballad.

Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

Order your Hard Drive Upgrade during our special (ends Oct 15) and SAVE!

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK $469
Upgrade from Version 2018: $149
Upgrade from Version 2017 or earlier or crossgrade: $169

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ $569
Upgrade from Version 2018: $179
Upgrade from Version 2017 or earlier or crossgrade: $199

Note: The difference between the UltraPAK and the UltraPAK+ is that the Songs & Lessons PAK is included in the UltraPAK+ package.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac during our special (which ends October 15th), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac® - 49-PAK Overview

Listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Special Extended!

Customers LOVE the new Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019, so why would we end our special so soon?

The answer: We're not going to! We've extended our Xtra Styles PAK special to October 15th - so there's still time to add 164 new RealStyles to your collection for just $29!

In fact, we've put all of our earlier Xtra Styles PAKs (1-6) on sale for just $29 each until October 15th, and always offer specific genre for just $15 each.

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac New Features Video!

Want to learn all about the new features in our just-released Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac? Check out our latest video:
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac®! New! All 64 bit program, VST/AU 64 bit plugin, 202 RealTracks & more!

Jump to the feature you'd like to learn about the most by choosing from the table of contents, listed in the video description, or here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - Upgrade Today and Save Up To 50%!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac with 64+ new features (64-bit!!!!), 202 New RealTracks, 40 Unreleased RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, "Look Ma! More MIDI!" – 30 MIDI Styles, 12 new MIDI SuperTracks, 240 new Instrumental Studies, 18 new Artist Performances, and a new Xtra Styles PAK 7!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until October 15, 2019 - save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our packages page for all the purchase options available, or visit this discussion on our Band-in-a-Box® for Mac forum.

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 301-328)!

Listen to all the individual demos here, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video here

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade, on sale until October 15th!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - 49 Requests Fulfilled!

49 of your Problems solved? List of 49 Requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac.

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac there are a lot of new features, 202 RealTracks, and more. We get ideas for the new features and new RealTracks from our users. There are several sources, our Wishlist and general forum, support phone calls, trade shows, etc. In most cases, customers are not describing a new feature – they are describing a problem they have that they would like to have solved.

Here is a list of our features and additions in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac, presented from a unique perspective. It is from this customer list of "problems they would like solved." These are not exact quotes, they are paraphrased from our discussions with our customers. They explain what problems and requests they discussed with us, that resulted in the various new features and RealTracks. Hopefully this answers the question "Why did you add this feature/content?"

So, without further ado, here are the 49 requests/problems that we (hopefully) have solved with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019. We hope that many of them are relevant to you as well. And please keep suggesting new ones, we appreciate that.

Q. Almost all of my music apps are 64 bit, as is my Mac OS. But Band-in-a-Box® is 32 bit. And Apple's next OS, Catalina 10.15 is set to be released in October 2019 (the beta is available now), and that won't even run 32-bit apps! Can you make a 64 bit version?
A. Yes, we’ve done this with Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac. The app is 64 bit and the executable name is still Band-in-a-Box®.app (if you have an older 32-bit version it will get automatically renamed during the install to Band-in-a-Box®-32bit.app ).

Q. I have 64 bit plugins that I want to use with Band-in-a-Box®. But they only work with 64 bit apps. Can I use them with Band-in-a-Box® 2019, without having to use any special software for this?
A. Yes, 64 bit Plugins work natively with the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box® 2019. This means you can use your 64 bit plugins, including ones that use huge amounts of memory (more than 2GB).

Q. Does Band-in-a-Box® 2019 work on the latest OS, Catalina 10.15, as that has many changes?
A. Yes, Band-in-a-Box® 2019 is 64-bit and runs great on Catalina (and older OS's down to and including 10.6.8 Snow Leopard)

Q. I like Snow Leopard as an OS (10.6.8), will Band-in-a-Box® 2019 still run on that with all features working?
A. Yes, Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64 bit version runs great on older OS's including Snow Leopard, and has identical features and operation to the newer OS's

See the full list here!

Forum Stats
30066 Members
62 Forums
60076 Topics
505664 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jtcallahan, JoyBozFun, Dansh, Joshua Dollar, blally

30066 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 245