#539132 - 06/02/19 04:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Jim
Really cool sounding...
You play so well & tastefully...
I'm glad you included a link to "The Atlas of Remote" so I could compare the two...
I also really liked that collaboration.

Thanks Jim so glad you liked the song. Yes it really amazed me how Robert was able to reshape the song so it could frame his vocal and lyric.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Scott,

Nice to hear the original... It has a "majestic" feel to it. Distinctive.

Sound like a soundtrack for a large army heading into battle...

The Wah is cool!! Enjoyed the listen.

fj

Thanks Floyd so glad you liked the song. Yes the BIAB styles and real track musicians can really be inspirational.

Originally Posted By: edshaw
This could be a lyricist's delight. Keep on truckin!

Thanks Ed Glad you liked the song

#539161 - 06/02/19 09:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Nice playing Scott,

your choice of players in this works well, esp. the cello

and they are guys that I don't often hear

cool song, your guitar makes it so

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

#539177 - 06/02/19 10:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: Scott C]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Scott,

Good to hear the original again... I think you added that wah on this version?,and maybe a bit more verb on the lower guitar track.
Interesting to notice now how much quicker Atlas of Remote ended up- the pace here is highly cinematic as others noted.
Very cool.

Robert

#539376 - 06/03/19 07:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: Birchwood]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Scott,

That's a very nice solo you did in this song! That is something I must learn one day...
And I liked you used that DOOMED-style as I did with Strnger in my house (second part).
You only slowed it down a bit more. I nearly could sing along.

Bye for now,
Hans

Thank Hans Glad you liked the song. I thought the doomed style was cool. I put up the chords and the key I wanted an just started going through the style and soon as it started to play ideas started popping into my head. Very cool software for developing tracks.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Scott

Nice tasty playing - some very nice textures and dynamics - wrapped in a pretty melodic phrases.
Nicely done.

Peter

Thanks Peter Glad you liked the song.

Thanks Ember. Glad you liked the song

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Scott, this is definitely movie material, maybe a march for an emperor. Super chops, as always, but your tones took it over the top for me. Great work here.

Robert's vocal is excellent in the collaboration version.

Scott you should be very proud of the original version and both of you should be very proud of the collaboration.

Thanks Mario I am really glad you like the song. I know you like to do allot of experimentation to with your guitar and wind controller. This one was allot of fun to work on and made really special when Robert incorporated his vocal and lyrics with it..

#539465 - 06/04/19 08:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: Scott C]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Really nicely done smile Very well textured, and really cinematic. Very calming and ethereal as well. The way the reverbed guitars hang over the balance give it a dream like quality which I really enjoyed.

Thanks for sharing!

#539532 - 06/04/19 02:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: Scott C]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Nice man! Love that Strat!

Trippy!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#540094 - 06/08/19 06:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: dcuny]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
As others have said, it's got a very cinematic feel, a slow and steady march forward. Very evocative.

Thank you David Good to hear from you. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Very cool arrangement.

Thanks Ray glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Scott,

This is great. I love all the textures and layers. Has kind of a Daniel Lanois vibe which I love.

Bob

Thank you Bob for the very nice comparison. I love Daniel Lanois. Glad you like the song

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Nice tune Scott! Very much pedal to the metal. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Joe Yes let the lease out a little :-). Glad you liked the song.

Edited by Scott C (06/09/19 06:11 PM)

#540218 - 06/09/19 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: Tangmo]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
The kind of piece that puts some ooomph in your step. Cinematic? Yes...but also the soundtrack for the best way to get through a day--calm and purposeful. Good stuff.

Thanks for checking out the song Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
This is really cool!!! Reminds me of the songs of the 70's.....the longer you listen, the deeper you get. Love the way the drums work with that melody which has kind of a Celtic feel. Wonderful work guys!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg Glad you liked the songs.

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
wow scott this is awesome work love this eric

Thanks Eric for checking out the song. Really glad you liked it

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Scott, somehow you are able to put a touching feeling in every note you play... makes it a very nice track to listen to.

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Thanks Will So glad you like the song.

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Scott,

It's great to hear the song before it became "Atlas of the Remote".

You've definitely got a knack for making instrumentals very engaging for the listener. This one was no exception.

I'm really pleased that it engaged Robert to write words because "Atlas of the Remote" is one of my all-time favourites from the two of you.

Thank you for posting this and giving us all an insight into your song's journey.

All the best,
Noel

Thanks Noel for the awesome comments. After I had finished the song I was preparing to release it to the forum but thought I would run it by Robert first and see if he felt it was suitable for lyrics and a vocal. He made a few adjustments to the arrangement just like that he made the song even more special. So glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Scott,
Enjoyed it much. Unusual in a very good way. Got a hint of darkness in it, but listens very well.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thanks so much Misha for checking out the song. Glad you liked it...

#540417 - 06/11/19 03:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: 44kfl]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Nice playing Scott,

your choice of players in this works well, esp. the cello

and they are guys that I don't often hear

cool song, your guitar makes it so

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

Thanks Kenny Glad you liked the song

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Scott,

Good to hear the original again... I think you added that wah on this version?,and maybe a bit more verb on the lower guitar track.
Interesting to notice now how much quicker Atlas of Remote ended up- the pace here is highly cinematic as others noted.
Very cool.

Robert

Yes there were a few more elements to this song that were a little different from Atlas of Remote. Very cool to compare the two.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really nicely done smile Very well textured, and really cinematic. Very calming and ethereal as well. The way the reverbed guitars hang over the balance give it a dream like quality which I really enjoyed.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Derek for Checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Nice man! Love that Strat!

Trippy!!

smile

Thanks David the Strat is on of my favorites as well. Gets played allot. Gald you liked the song

#540445 - 06/11/19 06:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Late getting to the party here, but better late than never I guess!

This is really cool, Scott, well thought out and arranged.

My favorite part is towards the end with the cello with the wha-wha guitar, but it's all good.

Enjoyed!

Blue Attitude Website

#540749 - 06/13/19 10:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: BlueAttitude]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Late getting to the party here, but better late than never I guess!

This is really cool, Scott, well thought out and arranged.

My favorite part is towards the end with the cello with the wha-wha guitar, but it's all good.

Enjoyed!

Thanks Dave Glad you like the song

#540819 - 06/13/19 05:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Liked what you did with this Scott!! I appreciate how you are becoming more experimental with your guitar sounds as time goes on! Keep on rockin' Thanks, Torrey

#540953 - 06/14/19 10:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Changes [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Liked what you did with this Scott!! I appreciate how you are becoming more experimental with your guitar sounds as time goes on! Keep on rockin' Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey for checking out the song. Glad you liked it

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Updated!

If you're using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows along with the DAW Plugin, you're going to love the latest free patch update, which resolves any issues had with multiple instances of program files running that resulted in the DAW Plugin closing.

Learn more about this free update patch (which also includes VST DAW Plugin 2.6.8) and download it here.

#TBT - The Introduction of Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

We've just released Xtra Styles PAK 9 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020, and to celebrate we've put ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE until June 30, 2020!

Xtra Styles PAKs were first introduced in August 2016, and required the Band-in-a-Box® 2016 and higher UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

You may notice that all of our Xtra Styles PAKs require the 'latest' UltraPAK or higher - this is because they utilize our complete (and at the time current) library of RealTracks and RealDrums.

What are Xtra Styles?
Xtra Styles are RealStyles created by our development team. They've taken our existing RealTracks and RealDrums collection and remixed them to make the new and unique arrangements heard with every new Xtra Styles PAK released.

These RealStyles are Band-in-a-Box® styles that only use RealTracks and RealDrums - the result: an incredible band to back you up and perform your songs

Xtra Styles PAKs are on SALE until June 30th!
Purchase the complete Xtra Styles PAKs library with over 1,400 RealStyles for the special price of $199 (reg. $349)

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

Mac user? Click here for demo and purchase links.

How-to Video: Section Text labels and Lyrics

Check out our special YouTube Channel, PG Music Inc. Support Videos, which is where we share videos our support team makes at the request of a customer, or to help out an existing customer issue.

The latest video, Band-in-a-Box How to: Section Text labels and Lyrics quickly walks you through section text labels and lyrics in Band-in-a-Box for Windows! Watch now...

Want to see a specific video? Share your request here.

#TipTuesday - Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates

We never stop here at PG Music, so make sure that you check in on your installation of Band-in-a-Box® occasionally - we frequently release free patch updates to enhance existing versions, and fix 'bugs' reported by program users.

Windows program updates can be found here. We have a separate page for Mac updates, here.

You can also setup Band-in-a-Box® to check for updates automatically! Head to the Preferences window in the program, and select "Automatically check for updates every [__] days" (choose your number).

Not sure which "build" you have? Help | About... will bring up a window that will show your exact version number!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Bundle!

Have you heard? We have NEW Band-in-a-Box Add-ons!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 and Loops-with-Style PAK 2 will SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition!

200 NEW RealStyles have been added with Xtra Styles PAK 9 - 50 Rock-Pop, 50 Jazz, 50 Country, and 50 Folk & Beyond 2!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 100 NEW Loops and 50 NEW styles, and adds 2 new genres to our Loops-with-Style collection: gospel and funk!

Bundle both the Xtra Styles PAK 9 and Loops-with-Style PAK 2 into one convenient purchase, only $48 until June 30th! Click here to choose your purchase.

Mac user? Click here for your order links.

RealBand 2020 for Windows Updated Harmonies Feature!

The latest RealBand 2020 Update includes enhancements to the harmonies feature, improvements for audio recording, and more!

Click here to review and download this free update patch (build 4).

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9 Overview & Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes 200 NEW RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Folk & Beyond!

There are 50 new RealStyles for each genre, with MultiStyles included in each genre too!

Learn more about loading and using Xtra Styles PAK 9 in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for the 200 new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 9 with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9: Overview & Demos.

Add Xtra Styles PAK 9 to your band for just $29 until June 30th! Order here.

Windows user? Click here for Windows purchase links and details.

Forum Stats
32251 Members
65 Forums
64497 Topics
546873 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
smyekelela, Eddy Bee, Cojande, cubemixer, leegeek

32250 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 213
VideoTrack 161