You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#541564 - 06/18/19 07:28 AM [User Showcase] INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Online   content
Expert

A composition from a guitarist friend who's playing days are sadly now over due to serious ill health. I have his permission to use this tune.
Arranged by me in a "Shadows" 'red Indian genre' style.
BT is all BIAB tracks. My thanks to Pipeline for telling me how to get 2 drum tracks on one SGU. Lol.
Tracks on SGU -
RealTracks in song: 1174:Bass, Electric, PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 1175:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 1175:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 1278:Synth Pad, PopUplift Ev 120
RealDrums [in Song:CongasEv8[single]: a: More High Congab: More Low Conga
RealDrums [in Song:PopRock16ths^04-a:Sidestick, HiHat, b:Snare, Ride

Main guitar is my hand built Alan Brason Strat with Kinman FV pickups. Infills and harmony from my $120 Harley-Benton ST-62 budget Strat.

I hope you enjoy it -
https://app.box.com/s/fxwh80q77xbs13stsrq8y2sua7hlaqh9
AND for those who like their Rhythm guitar to be louder in the Mix - this is just for you (lol) -
https://app.box.com/s/1p8ueg50syfr2ek1pwc5thd18a7itxn9

Edited by sixchannel (06/18/19 09:21 AM)

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#541565 - 06/18/19 07:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Yeah!! One of the best instrumentals I've heard on this site, just outstanding! Definitely hearing a Shadows vibe.

Excellent composition from your friend and a wonderful job on the track from you.

Very much enjoyed this one, well done!

Blue Attitude Website

#541568 - 06/18/19 08:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Cornwall UK
Mike Head Offline
Expert

Loc: Cornwall UK
Hi
Great sound you have there sir inspired me to press on with my new venture .
It will be some while before I can play like that (if ever)
See my other recent post.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=76307&Number=534153#Post534153

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=76570&Number=536903#Post536903

I just love clean non distorted guitar.
Best regards,
Mike

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#541573 - 06/18/19 08:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Very impressive number...
It stands very well alone but...
I can easily hear it as a backing track in some future movie!

#541593 - 06/18/19 09:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi sixchannel, I admired the overall vibe on this. The arrangement is a pleasure to listen to and the instruments are layered nicely. Great work!

#541720 - 06/19/19 03:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: BlueAttitude]
Expert

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah!! One of the best instrumentals I've heard on this site, just outstanding! Definitely hearing a Shadows vibe.

Excellent composition from your friend and a wonderful job on the track from you.

Very much enjoyed this one, well done!

Hi Dave
Thank you for your kind summary. As written it was a LOT heavier but I wanted a lighter, "Shadows" feel to it. I think it worked.
Hans is not a well boy at the moment and has given up playing the guitar as he can neither sit for long or work his fingers like he used to. The Devil is Old Age! Back in the 60's he was a band member of a well known (in Germany) Beat Group.
The tracks came easily - I started out with BLANK-STY, figured out the chords using the Acoustic Guitar RT and then built up from there.
Ian

#541752 - 06/19/19 07:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nicely done - very well textured, and it flows super smoothly. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend - I have no doubt he's immensely happy with the work you tune with his tune.

Thanks for sharing smile

#541767 - 06/19/19 08:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Not only is this a great tune but it is also a fine tribute to your friend.

That clean guitar is so captivating that it's easy to not attend to just how good the backing tracks are.

The calypso vibe sets a great bed and we much liked the multi-drums. They are a lot of fun to experiment with and you made good use of it.

Shadows...yeah...nailed!

Kudos!

J&B
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#541780 - 06/19/19 09:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Beautiful playing on an atmospheric progression.
Love that Shadows feel!

Robert

#541813 - 06/19/19 12:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Expert

Thank you everyone for all the kind words.
It was great fun to do and I'm grateful to Hans for allowing me to mess up his Original in MY way.
I love the chord progression, especially in the bridge and that is what drew me to it in the first place.
I dont think it would have got past First Base if I hadn't found that Acoustic Guitar RT early on. Those arppegio'd chords are so precise and clean. I was easily able to build on that.
And my Strat is not as "clean" as you might think. In some sections I have used a Behringer US600 Harmonist pedal set as "Reverse 12 String" - whatever note I play I ALSO get an octave down too. Have to be careful how low I play or the second niote is a Bass guitar. lol
Many thanks
Ian

Edited by sixchannel (06/19/19 01:13 PM)

#542057 - 06/20/19 05:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
THis is really cool Ian!! There is such an atmosphere to the soundscape, and the guitar is played beautifully!! Reminds me of Bruce Cockburn. AWESOME!!! Take care. Greg

#542067 - 06/20/19 06:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Yep - Shadows vibe, strongly melodic, great arrangement.

Excellent! smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#542068 - 06/20/19 06:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
HI Ian ...

Loved this! Has the basic sound and style from the several of the early 60s group, yet feels contemporary in so many ways. Love the sound of your guitars! This all rests very nicely in my ears. Excellent job and tribute. Very, very nice!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#542120 - 06/21/19 06:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Expert

Hi Greg - thank you for your comment. I'm never sure if what I perceive as a good mix is anyone elses. Glad you like the sound of my " Red Lady".
Hi David - yes, I changed Hans' original from an OD Fest to very much a Shadows style. The melody can truly stand it.
Hi Alan - Hans' background IS from 60s and 70's Beat Groups in Europe and the tune does fit with that Vibe, although HIS Demo to me (some years old) was quite Overdriven. Thank you for the kind review.
Cheers
ian

#542319 - 06/22/19 04:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool tune. Excellent guitar work. Loved the swells and staccato playing. Tone was just excellent and very very cool melody lines. Well one

#542323 - 06/22/19 05:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
sixchannel, this is a lovely and haunting piece! That wonderful guitar played so skillfully sounds superb and creates such an inviting atmosphere for the listener! Very good work! Thanks, Torrey

#542337 - 06/22/19 06:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Your mate writes cool progressions.
You play very cool Hank Marvin lead/melody.
the arrangement is really cool though I'm not overly fussed on the synth pad - a Farfisa or B3 would've sounded more "of the time" but that's small beans... well done, very well done & tell you cobber as well.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#542368 - 06/22/19 01:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
That was great, no doubt of the influences, tone was right there, too.

#542441 - 06/22/19 07:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Expert

Ian,
Nice guitar playing! Loved the sound and progression!

Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#542524 - 06/23/19 01:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: INDIAN WALK - guitar instrumental [Re: sixchannel]
Expert

Hi Scott and Torrey - thank you for you kind words.
Hi Ray - I tend only to use RTs or any resident basic midi sounds. I did try the various B3s but but they were all too over the top.
Hi TuneMonger and Misha - thanks for listening and your kind comments.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & VST DAW Plugin Update Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows users - a new FREE patch update (build 315) and VST DAW Plugin Update (2.1.5) are available! Review details & download here.

Summary of changes for build 704 (Dec 13, 2019):
Added: [Reset to Zero] button added to Import Audio File dialog.
Added: Many new styles and demos added to RT Sets 329-352, and the bonus PAK.
Added: Many styles and demos added to MIDI SuperTracks Sets 30 and 31.
Added: Several "Multi" RealTracks added for vocals and horns (RealTracks Picker).
Fixed: Audio artifacts at bar lines when using Equalize Tempos feature.
Fixed: Audio harmonized voices transcribed to Soloist track should be on channels 1-4 instead of channel 2.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box may become unresponsive after rendering to audio.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might freeze during bootup after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash if selecting a Hi-Q patch on the same track more than once.
Fixed: DAW Plugin - Rebuild and Fix buttons in RealTracks picker now called ReBuild and it justs rebuilds the RealTracks list.
Fixed: Drag & drop render to audio with region of bars selected causes corrupt .wav file if not 16bit, 44.1kHz.
Fixed: Dropping a .musicxml or .mxl file onto Band-in-a-Box was not accepted.
Fixed: FakeSheet button in the Custom tool panel was not displaying the check mark.
Fixed: File > Open Special > Open MusicXML File... was filtering out compressed .mxl files.
Fixed: Medleys and Thickened RealTracks were not playing in proper stereo.
Fixed: Rendering to audio with a region of bars selected causes the Choose Range dialog to appear.
Fixed: Rendering to audio with a region of bars selected renders the wrong region.
Fixed: Rendering was a bit slower than necessary when exporting 16 bit, 44.1kHz.
Fixed: Some RealStyles were being categorized as all-MIDI styles.
Fixed: The Audio Edit window did not always ensure that the current playback position was scrolled into view.
Fixed: The Sinsy Vocal Synth would fail if using the 64 bit version.
Fixed: Various audio formats would fail to import.
Fixed: When dropping an audio file onto the Audio Edit window, the "Snap" setting was ignored.
Fixed: When using the Sinsy Vocal Synth feature, the Import Audio File dialog is not needed.
Improved: Speed of some operations when searching and filtering for styles.
Improved: Thickened is displayed in RealTracks names in RealTracks picker (and other RealTracks picker dialogs), and on mixer for RealTracks names. In RealTracks picker, searching for word "thickened" will show only thickened RealTracks.
Updated: PDF Manuals and help (routine updates).

DAW Plugin 2.1.5:
Added: context menu option in style page to use existing RT as MR
Added: undo/redo functionality (chordsheet only)
Fixed: Generate Custom (This Page[]) not working
Fixed: Crash when opening saved plugin with part marker on bar 2 and
none on bar 1
Fixed: A,B does not get entered into chord sheet
Fixed: Chords being displayed in Roman Numeral without user setting
Fixed: Plugin getting stuck while connecting to bbw4

Xtra Styles PAK 8 for Band-in-a-Box® - 160+ New RealStyles!

Xtra Styles PAK 8 is here, with 164 new RealStyles! We have new volumes for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Celtic! These new styles include fretless bass indie rock, stormy electric piano blues, an outer-space rock waltz, Hawaiian crooner jazz pop, a rumba flamenca big band, several simplified jazz practice styles, a bowed-bass 12/8 jazz ballad, dreamy fingerstyle guitar country, an atmospheric pedal-steel soundtrack, chicken pickin' western, Irish folk rock, a romantic Celtic air ballad, many new Celtic jigs and reels, and much, much more! We've also included two new MultiStyles that use up to eight substyles each.

The new Country Volume 8, Jazz Volume 8, Rock-Pop Volume 8, and Celtic Volume 1 are just $15 each. Or, get the All Xtra Styles PAK 8 (with all 4 volumes) for only $29 (reg. $49) during our December special.

Want all the Xtra Syles PAKs, with over 1,000 RealStyles? The All Xtra Styles PAK 1-8 Bundle is what you're looking for! This bundle includes all of our Xtra Styles for the special price of $189 (reg. $329), but only until December 31, 2019.

Learn more, listen to demos, or purchase here. (Mac users: click here.)

Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 requires the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Video - Explore the Band-in-a-Box® 2020 MultiRiffs Feature

MultiRiffs is a popular feature that has previously been available in RealBand and the Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin. With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, it's now available in Band-in-a-Box® too! This feature allows you to quickly generate 7 variations of riffs from the same RealTracks for either a portion of the song or the whole song.

Tobin has made a great video explaining using the MultiRiffs feature within Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows - check it out here.

Read more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows New Features

Learn all about the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows - our New Features Video is ready! Watch it here.

Read all about the new features:
New features website
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade Manual

Or read our "49 of Your Problems Solved!" page, here, which lists 49 requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows.

Don't forget... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2019 - you can save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2020 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2020 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

49 of Your Problems Solved with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, there are 50+ new features, 202 RealTracks, and more!

We get ideas for the new features and new RealTracks from program users- there are several sources: our Wishlist and general forum, support phone calls, trade shows, etc. In most cases, customers are not describing a new feature – they are describing a problem they have that they would like to have solved.

This is a list of our features and additions in Band-in-a-Box® 2020, presented from a unique perspective. It is from this customer list of "problems they would like solved." These are not exact quotes, they are paraphrased from our discussions with our customers. They explain what problems and requests they discussed with us, that resulted in the various new features and RealTracks. Hopefully this answers the question "why did you add this feature/content?"

So, without further ado, here are the 49 requests/problems that we (hopefully) have solved with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020: click here to review.

50 New RealStyles included in Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 is a new library of 100 original loops that we've created using RealTracks/RealDrums source material, and it includes 50 new RealStyles!

Click here to listen to audio demos of the new RealStyles included with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®.

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st! Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19! Click here for more information.

New! Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

A brand-new Band-in-a-Box Add-on is HERE!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 (and higher) expands your loops collection with 100 new loops! Click here to watch our video demonstration.

We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered, like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle!

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st!

Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19!

Click here for more information. Mac user? This new Add-on works for you too! Click here for Mac.

Forum Stats
30605 Members
63 Forums
61268 Topics
517299 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Voices, WillieOsgood, AplusM, Corbot, dougk

30604 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 300
Matt Finley 229