Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#543081 - 06/27/19 02:01 PM [User Showcase] The Lightkeeper`s Waltz
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

There are a few lighthouse related songs out there.If you enjoy romance-of-the-sea with a supernatural twist, please have a listen to my contribution.

The Lightkeeper`s Waltz

Style is _SEDATE.STY (Sedate Celtic Waltz Trio)

RealTracks in style: 3268:Cello, Background CelticWaltzNatalie Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 3288:Guitar, Nylon, Fingerpicking CelticWaltz Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 3287:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking CelticWaltz Ev 100

The Light Keeper`s Waltz

all he remembers
falls rises with the sea
a shell the tide uncovers
as her ship sails out of reach

his beam signals warning
like the wink of a mad man`s eye
the light keeper talking
with the better half of his sky

you trim the wick
I`ll strike the match
slowly turns the helix
waltz with me
around our prism palace
come back to the light
for a farewell kiss

sworn to outshine the stars
together hostage of the sea
he curses those careless stars
writes her name in the log entry

shadows vine the tower
climbing back years with every rung
no ghost incandescent vapour
the keeper`s wife is ever young

you trim the wick
I`ll strike the match
slowly turns the helix
waltz with me
around our prism palace
come back to the light
for a farewell kiss

come back to the light

© Robert Cordrey Feb. 2019

#543087 - 06/27/19 02:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Robert, your lyrics are so deep with meaning, it's hard to grasp it all in one pass! I so admire your skill in this area! This is quite a lovely tune with wonderful instrumentation that is mixed beautifully! A great job on the vocal too! Thanks, Torrey

#543088 - 06/27/19 02:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a tune smile It is so delicate and memorable - your vocals float like water of the instrumentation, and the lyrics really tell a vivid story. You really did something special here.

Thanks so much for sharing!

#543094 - 06/27/19 03:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Robert,

Another lovely delicate piece, well performed.
Enjoyed the vocal chord progression and the lyrics which are always interesting and worth further examination.
Nicely done.

Peter

#543099 - 06/27/19 04:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
I really like your vocals on this one & the way you delivered your lyrics ...
I also enjoyed your mysterious lyrics...
Particularly...
Quote:
his beam signals warning
the light keeper talking

Its hard to determine whether you are singing about a woman or a ship...
I really think its a ship...
Either way I enjoyed it!

#543100 - 06/27/19 04:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Robert, you are a master of lyrics, i.e. very deep but they flow extremely beautifully. Your vocal is excellent and your mix is top shelf.

Great song.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#543129 - 06/27/19 06:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Online   content
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Another intriguing song with delicious words. This is an ambitious lyric, and it takes much work to get words like that to fit a melody, I think. You've done well and I enjoyed it with your very good singing.

#543133 - 06/27/19 09:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
I lovely concept and a lovely execution of it.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#543157 - 06/28/19 12:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Robert ...

You are an exceptional lyricist. Your lyrics always paint indelible images. Loved the cello, though brief. YUou simply own this genre. what a great listen!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#543180 - 06/28/19 06:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Robert,

A nice job of "painting the lighthouse picture". Like a movie...

The instrumentation is well chosen, the vocal and mix good. There were times that the lyric seemed to be "trying too hard" to fit the melody??

fj

#543198 - 06/28/19 08:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Jim]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Robert, your lyrics are so deep with meaning, it's hard to grasp it all in one pass! I so admire your skill in this area! This is quite a lovely tune with wonderful instrumentation that is mixed beautifully! A great job on the vocal too! Thanks, Torrey

Torrey,
Thank you for those encouraging comments.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - what a tune smile It is so delicate and memorable - your vocals float like water of the instrumentation, and the lyrics really tell a vivid story. You really did something special here.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Good to hear the vocals carry the tune easily, Deryk.
Thanks for those very kind comments.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Robert,

Another lovely delicate piece, well performed.
Enjoyed the vocal chord progression and the lyrics which are always interesting and worth further examination.
Nicely done.

Peter

Peter,
The intention was romantic - "delicate" works for me too.
I appreciate your listen and thoughts.

Originally Posted By: Jim
I really like your vocals on this one & the way you delivered your lyrics ...
I also enjoyed your mysterious lyrics...
Particularly...
Quote:
his beam signals warning
the light keeper talking

Its hard to determine whether you are singing about a woman or a ship...
I really think its a ship...
Either way I enjoyed it!

Jim,
I`m glad you found the lyrics enjoyable... I won`t argue the meaning!
Thanks for your listen.

Robert

#543211 - 06/28/19 10:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Robert,

All I can say is that this song is stunning...

Bob

#543304 - 06/28/19 07:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Wonderful imagery. Lovely progression in that waltz-time. You soft vocal carries it all very well.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#543345 - 06/29/19 10:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Special

I like what Torrey had to say

"Robert, your lyrics are so deep with meaning, it's hard to grasp it all in one pass! I so admire your skill in this area!"

your vocal is very good on this too

great song

#543374 - 06/29/19 02:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Beautifully done Robert!!! The waltz is the perfect format for this song. Your vocal may be your best ever.....love the alternating more heavy fx. Love the cello...perfect! Some wonderful lyrics (as usual). One of my faves of a lot of great ones!! Take care. Greg

#543409 - 06/29/19 03:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: rsdean]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Robert, you are a master of lyrics, i.e. very deep but they flow extremely beautifully. Your vocal is excellent and your mix is top shelf.

Great song.

Mario,
I appreciate your liking the sound of the lyrics as well as the meaning.
Thank you!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Another intriguing song with delicious words. This is an ambitious lyric, and it takes much work to get words like that to fit a melody, I think. You've done well and I enjoyed it with your very good singing.

That`s very kind and much appreciated!

Originally Posted By: rayc
I lovely concept and a lovely execution of it.

In a way it is a "concept" song as I wrote it to be the closing track on a collection of story type folk songs.
Thanks for your listen.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Robert ...

You are an exceptional lyricist. Your lyrics always paint indelible images. Loved the cello, though brief. YUou simply own this genre. what a great listen!

Alan

Thank you for your ongoing support,Alan.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert,

A nice job of "painting the lighthouse picture". Like a movie...

The instrumentation is well chosen, the vocal and mix good. There were times that the lyric seemed to be "trying too hard" to fit the melody??

fj

Floyd,
Thanks for the positives.
I`ve read about some about the rigours of building and operating the old pre-automation lighthouses- its one of those subjects where a little suggestion gives listeners instant pictures.
I went back & forth about the phrase "incandescent vapor" being not easily singeable, otherwise I`d need examples of what you hear.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Robert,

All I can say is that this song is stunning...

Bob

Thank you!

Robert

#543443 - 06/29/19 07:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Robert,
Beautiful! Fairy tale like. Very interesting lyrically, and you bend those lyrics masterfully!
I enjoyed this tune very much!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#543456 - 06/29/19 11:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Nicely done! The guitar strings are almost like a music box that draws the listener into the story.

Like Jim, I wasn't entirely sure if you were singing about a woman or a ship, or a bit of both.

The ambiguity works well here.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#543584 - 06/30/19 05:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Greg Johnson]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Wonderful imagery. Lovely progression in that waltz-time. You soft vocal carries it all very well.

Thanks.I realised the other day I`m more comfortable in a higher key now than in my youth... the quaver of age coming naturally.

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Special

I like what Torrey had to say

"Robert, your lyrics are so deep with meaning, it's hard to grasp it all in one pass! I so admire your skill in this area!"

your vocal is very good on this too

great song

That`s appreciated Kenny!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautifully done Robert!!! The waltz is the perfect format for this song. Your vocal may be your best ever.....love the alternating more heavy fx. Love the cello...perfect! Some wonderful lyrics (as usual). One of my faves of a lot of great ones!! Take care. Greg

Greg,
I learnt that technique of low volume harmonising key phrases in the verses from Joanne Cooper...mine still need a tweak in places here I think.
Many thanks for your generous comments.

Robert

#543594 - 06/30/19 11:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Lightkeeper`s Waltz [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Robert !

What a lovely tune so
delicately performed !
this must be one of
your absolute best at
least it is my Robfav
from now on !:))

Cheers
Dani

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Bar Settings

In Band-in-a-Box®, F5 or Edit | Settings for Current Bar will open up a new window allowing you to adjust the number of beats per bar, apply tempo changes and patch changes, or apply a different Style, and even choose harmony changes to your Band-in-a-Box® song!

Watch the video that explains this feature.

Read more about Bar Settings: Windows | Mac

A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Forum Stats
33073 Members
68 Forums
66622 Topics
566834 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
jeffatbkk, chiefegod, guapeton, scrocco, semolinapilchard