Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#545093 - 07/12/19 02:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Janice and Bud,

Another fine song. Does remind me of Charleston swing. It's another style than I use to hear from you both.Very cheerful.
I especially was impressed by the wistling. That never went well in my recordings. Got me only strange noises...

Thanks,
Hans

#545159 - 07/12/19 10:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
I don't know much 'bout this genre, but it sure sounds mighty good to me. Excellent mix, arrangement, and overall production. Vocal, as always, is Crown Velvet smooth.

#545203 - 07/12/19 02:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Really nice done all of you! Love how upbeat and vibrant it is. A fantastic groove too. Makes for an engaging and really fun listen. I can't help but imagine how good this would sound live. And as always, Janice's vocals on this are phenomenal.

Thanks for sharing smile

#545212 - 07/12/19 03:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Rob4580]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rob4580

Just love that swing. Congrats to all involved.
Great tune and great lyrics. Rob

Thanks Rob. Kinda thought you might like this swing!

J&B

#545312 - 07/13/19 09:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Leon1]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
The swing is the thing.
Well done all concerned.
Toe tappin' terrific.

Yeah man! Thanks...

J&B

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Excellent work all, as per usual. Janice not only sings like an angel, she whistles like a bird!
Love that Western swing (the first time I heard Bob Wills say 'take it away, Leon' I was hooked).
I think I might encourage Peter to don the cowboy hat a little more often.

Leon

We are honored to be the recipient of your first response Leon! Welcome aboard and thanks for the kind remarks.

"take it away, Leon"

It's special that you have a familiarity with Western Swing as we had mentioned you when recently listening to a Bob Wills compilation and he said that.

Thanks again.

J&B

#545336 - 07/13/19 12:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
WOW, that was fun!!! Always love to hear Janice sing, but never knew she could whistle too! This is a delightful song with a sweet, infectious melody, some great images in the lyric, and of course Peter's guitar makes everything better!! Great one guys!!! Take care. Greg

#545407 - 07/14/19 04:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Janice & Bud + Peter,
Colorful and fun! Probably out of all Western styles, swing is my favorite. Excellent in all respects. From arrangement to mastering, solid A! I am sure your friend Randy would smile.
Whistling was a very cool touch! Not to give Bud any ideas, but makes me wonder if Janice can do yodeling? smile

P.S. This tune reminded of my all time favorite swing band Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Hey, we were glad to hear you like the genre and we are familiar with the Zippers. Yodeling! Oh yeah, Janice used to yodel on several tunes back in our band days and five or so years ago we posted a Western Swing song with her yodeling smile

Thanks for listening!

J&B

#545500 - 07/14/19 05:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool song. Love this style of music. Feel cool music. Love the harmonies. Reminded me of the Andrews sisters. And the whistling wow.. Vocal and backtrack were just excellent. Peter's guitar was excellent as well.

#545511 - 07/14/19 08:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Wow! Such a wonderful listen! Suburb vocals, lyrics and production!

A delightful treat to the ears!

The drums and vocals knock this song out of the park!

#545548 - 07/15/19 08:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: floyd jane]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Swingin' PB&J!

Everything about this is Top-Notch.

A solid write. Cool references throughout.

The instrumentation is, needless to say (say it anyway) impeccable. The mix is mind-boggling good. EVERYTHING crisp. clear. cohesive. Man! that bass sounds good! Man! those drums sound goood, Man! that piano sounds gooood...well...etc.etc.etc. Peter's guitar fits in nicely.

Needless to say (say it anyway)...Gorgeous vocals. AND harmonies.

And, now....whistlin', too? Ain't you the Queen Of Enough Things Already?

A GREAT listen. Period.

fj

OH! and almost forgot!!...It seems this is SO good you dragged LEON out of the woodwork!! Could it be? Worth the price of admisssion....

Well it’s a hot, humid blah day for hiking or cycling but reading this raised the spirits hugely. Thanks for everything you said and the time it took to listen and offer the thoughtful review. And glad you like the whistling - She can seriously get the birds going when she talks to them on the porch smile We always appreciate your support!

J&B

#545635 - 07/15/19 10:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW, that was fun!!! Always love to hear Janice sing, but never knew she could whistle too! This is a delightful song with a sweet, infectious melody, some great images in the lyric, and of course Peter's guitar makes everything better!! Great one guys!!! Take care. Greg

Appreciate the guitar mention Greg.

Peter

#545719 - 07/16/19 05:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Robertkc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Janice & Bud,
You`all sound so happily comfortable - writer,vocalist,the whole band...and of course the whistler.
This sounds darn close to those festival videos of you guys playing in your gigging days.With Peter fitting in perfectly.
The Bluebonnets would work for a band name?
Great toe tapping revival.

Robert

Thank you Robert. It’s always nice every now and then to “dance with the one that brung you,”

We much appreciate your support!

J&B

#545772 - 07/17/19 09:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Hey this sounds really great y'all.

Love the tracks you used and the mix, and master. Quite stunning.

Awesome vox as usual.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#545881 - 07/18/19 08:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Birchwood]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Janice and Bud,

Another fine song. Does remind me of Charleston swing. It's another style than I use to hear from you both.Very cheerful.
I especially was impressed by the wistling. That never went well in my recordings. Got me only strange noises...

Thanks,
Hans

Thanks Hans! Glad you like the whistling...and glad it didn’t sound strange smile

J&B

#546005 - 07/19/19 03:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Absolutely love it!!!

It's like a great old movie about a traveling' band

from a great era gone by.

Everything is mixed beautifully.

wonderful vocals!!!

cool whistling too

#546078 - 07/20/19 08:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I don't know much 'bout this genre, but it sure sounds mighty good to me. Excellent mix, arrangement, and overall production. Vocal, as always, is Crown Velvet smooth.

Thanks. We love your description of the vocal!

J&B

#546086 - 07/20/19 10:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Ronnie Fields Offline
Apprentice

I grew up going to Jam sessions with my dad, learning Western Swing, and "old country", and I thoroughly enjoyed the Melodies and Memories. However, you forgot a crucial part of western swing, the steel guitar!!

#546214 - 07/21/19 01:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really nice done all of you! Love how upbeat and vibrant it is. A fantastic groove too. Makes for an engaging and really fun listen. I can't help but imagine how good this would sound live. And as always, Janice's vocals on this are phenomenal.

Thanks for sharing smile

Thanks so much Deryk. We try to aim for a live feel. Janice much appreciates your kind words about her vocal!

J&B

#546354 - 07/22/19 04:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Greg, thanks for the positive review and extra thanks for mentioning the write. We appreciate your support!

J&B

#546357 - 07/22/19 04:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Melodies and Memories (some western swing with Peter) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
That was really great folks!! In the early 80's I used to play in the club scene around Houston-Pasadena and boy did this ever take me back, The cadence of the vocals in these songs is so important and Janice sure seems a natural for it! Enjoyed it! Thanks, Torrey

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Video - How to Transpose a Region of a Band-in-a-Box® Song

Want to learn how to transpose just one chorus of your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Check out our latest video, shared to the I want a video that shows me how to... forum: https://youtu.be/XiMrgtQ7u14

Forum Stats
33062 Members
68 Forums
66598 Topics
566586 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
pagodadogs, Juan romero, Gpredator, John Evans, donklein

33061 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Janice & Bud 146
Planobilly 134