Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#545079 - 07/12/19 12:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Eilat, Israel
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Well put-together piece. Sweet solo turns over that pad and rhythm. Really appreciated the long, slow fade. Really, really nice.

Thanks Tangmo,

I'm a HUGE fan of slow fades! To me, they're kinda like the long bittersweet lingering taste in your mouth after an exceptional desert you splurge on at an expensive restaurant...
Band-in-a-Box 2019 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

#545151 - 07/12/19 09:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: DeaconBlues09]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Hey Deacon,

This is epic man! I loved what you did with this, and all the use of tracks and the mixing. Excellent.

I also love that picture. Is that where you live? I have some friends in Tel Aviv and have always wanted to visit.

This pictures puts me in the mood to make an epic journey!!!

smile

Maybe I will find myself at last.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#545399 - 07/14/19 12:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: David Snyder]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Deacon,

This is epic man! I loved what you did with this, and all the use of tracks and the mixing. Excellent.

I also love that picture. Is that where you live? I have some friends in Tel Aviv and have always wanted to visit.

This pictures puts me in the mood to make an epic journey!!!

smile

Maybe I will find myself at last.

Thank you so much David!

This is the view from my porch in Eilat (southernmost Israel, about 6 and 11 kilometers from Jordan and Egypt, respectively).

It's not Tel Aviv (it's about a 4 hour drive from Tel Aviv or 1/2 hour flight from Ben Gurion airport), but it's widely recognized to have the best coral reefs in the northern hemisphere...as well as many other breathtaking places to visit!

They just opened up a new airport about 20-25 minutes away that accommodate international airlines, so visiting from the US and other parts of the world is now much easier.

If you (or any of the other of the lovely folks here on the forums, for that matter) do ever end up visiting here, I would be absolutely thrilled to meet up and hang out. There's a bar here with a great open mic every Monday night!
Band-in-a-Box 2019 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

#545460 - 07/14/19 12:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: DeaconBlues09]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
COOOOL Track!! Nice groove that you never get tired of with a great collage of interesting solos overlaid. I think it works great!! Enjoyed much!! Take care. Greg

#545526 - 07/15/19 01:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: Greg Johnson]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
COOOOL Track!! Nice groove that you never get tired of with a great collage of interesting solos overlaid. I think it works great!! Enjoyed much!! Take care. Greg

Thank you so much, Greg!

I'm glad you enjoyed :-)

#545638 - 07/15/19 10:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: DeaconBlues09]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Really nicely put together - and always engaging.
Very enjoyable composition.

Peter

#545648 - 07/16/19 06:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: PeterF]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Really nicely put together - and always engaging.
Very enjoyable composition.

Peter

Thank you kindly, Peter :-)

#545887 - 07/18/19 09:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: DeaconBlues09]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Wow, this one is something really special.

Not just interesting, but also a good and enjoyable listen, because, regardless of its complexity, it flows.

It's remarkable, how excellently you work with BIAB. Very good!

Cheers,

Stefan

#546263 - 07/22/19 01:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: Crossroads]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Wow, this one is something really special.

Not just interesting, but also a good and enjoyable listen, because, regardless of its complexity, it flows.

It's remarkable, how excellently you work with BIAB. Very good!

Cheers,

Stefan

Thank you so much Stefan!

As a guitar and bass player, until only a couple of years ago I used BiaB mostly as a practice tool. However, I've been inspired as of late by this community (and Kenny Gioa's Reaper videos) to explore the world of MIDI, VSTs, and music production.

This was a bit of a 'practice run' and I hope to start developing more complex ideas and full-fledged songs (with vocals and all) in the near future when my time frees up somewhat (and I muster up the courage to record my singing voice, lol...)

Glad you enjoyed laugh

#546363 - 07/22/19 04:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: DeaconBlues09]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
DB, it's oh so obvious that a lot care went into this wonderful production! Everything sounds "right" and "in place"!! Nothing sounds "off" like you hear so many times when people construct a loop based song! I enjoyed every second of this one! Thanks, Torrey

#546377 - 07/22/19 05:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: DeaconBlues09]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Cool jazzy thing you did there.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#546429 - 07/23/19 01:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: Guitarhacker]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Cool jazzy thing you did there.

Thanks GH!

#546430 - 07/23/19 01:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: How I Missed You This 4th [Re: Torrey Bliss]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
DB, it's oh so obvious that a lot care went into this wonderful production! Everything sounds "right" and "in place"!! Nothing sounds "off" like you hear so many times when people construct a loop based song! I enjoyed every second of this one! Thanks, Torrey

Thank you so much Torrey!

BTW, is that a Godin Multiac you're wielding in your profile pic?

I'm assuming that's what you used on One More Sunrise? That track was AMAZING!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Learning with Band-in-a-Box® - Chords & Games

Want to hear what a chord sounds like? Type the chord, then press SHIFT enter. The chord will play as it is entered on to the chord sheet!

You can also familiarize yourself with how different chords sound using the Chord Builder feature of the program, which will audition different chords for you, based on your input.

Want more? Challenge yourself with some ear training with the included Pitch Invasion and Music Replay programs, accessible in the Practice Window!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above, and Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

Pitch Invasion & Music Replay can also be accessed within the bb\Songs and Lessons\Ear Training folder for the program.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в "Band-in-a-Box®" 50 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 новых стиля RealTracks (что в два раза больше 101 стиля, которые мы часто выпускали в прошлом), новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), транскрипции для стилей RealDrums и др.!

КУПИТЬ/ОБНОВИТЬ И ЗАГРУЗИТЬ!

Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Forum Stats
32640 Members
68 Forums
65592 Topics
556199 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Alidas, Bern5432, dixi6, ST56, Ivan2020

32639 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 144