Hi There,
I recently decided to do a trawl of all the Styles and construct a new Favourites list. Given the thousands of styles out there and their generally high quality I ended up with 'favourites' list running to several hundred styles. The problem is that the Stylepicker slows down to an absolute crawl when running a filtered list that big. It can take 10-15 seconds to reload the list after auditioning a song in the chordsheet window and paging up and down through the filtered list is also a bit slow.

This is made much worse by the fact that the Stylepicker doesn't remember where you last were in the list when you have a filter operative and just plonks you back to the top of the list again - leaving you to manually page down until you find where you were last at.

Given the amount of RAM that modern computers have (32GB in my case), and the relatively small amount of data involved in the Stylepicker list, I would have thought that the Stylepicker could just reside in RAM and operate at lightning speed - even with a filter switched on. (perhaps creating an 'on the fly' index for that filter view). That and remembering where in the list it last was would make the workflow of auditioning styles way easier and faster.

I would really appreciate it if the next version of BIAB (or even an earlier patch build!) could address one or both of these two issues. (I am on the Audiophile version of BIAB 2019 by the way and a recent build number).

Many thanks

Regards, Aubrey

If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.