You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#547300 - 07/29/19 10:37 AM [Off-Topic] Chordify - "chords to any song"
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Don't know if this has been brought up or not...

...but a pretty cool web site for "chords to a song".

You can buy a subscription to access "advanced" features - download MIDI, print, transpose, capo, change speed, etc...

...but you can see chord charts for free (the Chords tab).
You can click on any measure to move around if you want.
The default tab will show chord diagrams - guitar, uke or piano.

Kind of like Riffstation, but I like the layout better...

From the Web site "About"...

What is Chordify?

Chordify is an online music education service – made for and by music enthusiasts – that transforms music from YouTube, Deezer, SoundCloud, or your private collection into chords. Our service automatically recognizes chords from an audio signal and aligns them to the music in a simple and intuitive player. Chordify uses cutting-edge technology to help both novice and trained musicians play the music they want to play.

So far, Ive found every song I have looked for (though I imagine you can stump it if you get obscure).

I've loaded up the Justin Moore song that I referenced in the Songwriting forum:

https://chordify.net/chords/justin-moore-jesus-and-jack-daniels-audio-justinmoorevevo

If anyone has a subscription, it would be nice to know if the MIDI download works well and can be loaded into BIAB...???

#547315 - 07/29/19 01:32 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sterling, Va
raymb1 Offline
Veteran

Edited by raymb1 (07/29/19 01:35 PM)

#547317 - 07/29/19 01:47 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

So there are 9000 reviews with an overall score of 4.6 and you choose to share one star reviews.

Nice.

I thought some folks might find it useful.

#547328 - 07/29/19 03:49 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

I’ve used chordify before, very accurate in the songs I have checked also.

Didn’t know about the midi download feature, sounds interesting! Following this thread in case someone knows more about this.

#547353 - 07/29/19 05:43 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Its a good resource in my experience- has shortened my "how did that one go?" search many times and often has several versions of even obscure songs.
Good call,Floyd!

Robert

#547363 - 07/29/19 09:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
raymb1 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
So there are 9000 reviews with an overall score of 4.6 and you choose to share one star reviews.

Nice.

I thought some folks might find it useful.

A friend and I tried it and it is good for country chords. Anything over a 7th chord is garbage.

#547370 - 07/29/19 10:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: raymb1]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: raymb1
Anything over a 7th chord is garbage.

I mostly agree with this part of your statement! laugh

(just to be clear I am not talking about Chordify!)

Edited by JohnJohnJohn (07/29/19 10:24 PM)

#547542 - 07/31/19 05:10 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
I had some peripheral awareness of site but never perused it. Thanks for the post. It’s been fun exploring it. It’s perfect for my occasional curiosity about a progression - being often too lazy to get the guitar out of the closet and tune it smile

Bud

#547552 - 07/31/19 06:42 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Illinois
TLMelvin Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Illinois
I have used the site a number of times and have found it to be quite useful. I have it bookmarked for easy access.

#547558 - 07/31/19 07:17 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Wow, good call Floyd! I look up chords and lyrics all the time, and somehow this site never came up in my searches.

I especially like the way it formats the chords in exactly the way I'd need to enter them into BIAB. At $42 a year subscription it isn't a bad deal for somebody who is in a band (ie making money from his/her music and learning new songs all the time)

One VERY intriguing feature is that MIDI download. If it is sophisticated enough to separate out the parts into a piano track, drum track etc... and the parts actually match the song... that alone would be worth the price of admission.
(has anybody tried this with Melodyne multitrack? I need to give that a whirl)

IMHO, there are advantages of using the ACW to extract chords from an MP3:
1) when finished, the chords are already in BIAB, and don't need to be typed in
2) the same process that extracts the chords also tempo maps the song

Disadvantages of using BIAB to replicate a song is that any MIDI or audio tracks generated would be based on the style used, not the signature riffs in the song.

#547565 - 07/31/19 07:50 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

@John3 - HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That was funny!!!

@J&B - " It’s perfect for my occasional curiosity about a progression - being often too lazy to get the guitar out of the closet and tuning it"

..... Exactly!!

@Pat.... HI! Pat! Howya been??? good to see you.
I agree with you on this.
The Chord layout (or sometimes called "Overview" - not sure why they switch that up) is excellent for being able to quickly recreate the chord structure in BIAB.
And the fact that you can click on a measure to hear the song from there, makes it easy to check if a recreated sound in BIAB is matching - like at the chorus.
I've been using it to match some particular sounds of songs.

One the main page of the site, there are 8 selections under "Choridy Premium Demo".
These are full functioned.
So you can try out the MIDI download on any of those songs.
(Or any of their other functions).
I downloaded one - I think it is just block chords (one track).
That list seems to change slightly over time (there were a few different selections yesterday...)

#547671 - 08/01/19 05:13 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
MountainSide Offline
Veteran

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
Agreed Floyd. I tried the premium download demo too. Just one track, block chords. No bass, rhythm, no drums, no melody...just the chords that are displayed on the chord chart and only when the chords change from one to another. Limited value for me. YMMV.

Jeff
Win10, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2021, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.8, SampleTank 4.14

#547680 - 08/01/19 06:20 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Well, that's cool. Gotta love the technology.

I can see how this could be useful to someone who is starting out on guitar. It shows you the chords that are coming up next.

I have not played around too much with the PG BB ACW but as I recall, if the chords are pretty straightforward as most country songs tend to be, it was actually pretty accurate. The thing would be to see if the ACW can show you the chord charts for guitar. I'm thinking there might be a way to do that.

Personally, I've had no need to use something like this, but I can see how it would be a god-send to others. I started out playing to the songs on the radio as a kid.... great ear training. After a while you can even hear the key it's in by the character of the chords.

Quote:
Originally Posted By: raymb1
Anything over a 7th chord is garbage.

I mostly agree with this part of your statement! laugh

(just to be clear I am not talking about Chordify!)

Yep... that got a smile....

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#547818 - 08/02/19 06:11 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

regarding the MIDI chords feature:
Some harmony devices depend on an isolated chord track, either MIDI or audio. This would be one easy way to provide a track with nothing but chords, sent only to the device that needs them.

#547834 - 08/02/19 07:35 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Cornwall UK
Mike Head Offline
Expert

Loc: Cornwall UK
Hi Pat

Did you know that BIAB can send silent chords from your chords on the chord sheet from midi ch 9 default or other if free .
Very useful for controlling external VH units etc.
Here is the setting, for those that may know about this.
Have fun
Mike

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

Edited by Mike Head (08/02/19 07:42 AM)

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#547837 - 08/02/19 07:51 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Lloyd S Offline
Veteran

Don't have a use for it at the moment but that's a cool feature.
Thanks Mike!

#547852 - 08/02/19 09:36 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
It is a cool feature, not widely known on the forum, apparently. I've used it to feed my Voice Live Touch.

Edited by Matt Finley (08/02/19 04:41 PM)
Edit Reason: ‘Feed’ not ‘feel’. Need to put on reading glasses more often.
BIAB 2021 Win Audiophile & Mac UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Adobe Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & A5X monitors

#547865 - 08/02/19 11:43 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Ohhhh, I hadn't thought of that. "Feel my Voice Live Touch" Sounds like an ad for uhhhh...something.

Back on topic, that chord output feature came up when someone asked if they could use Biab to drive their arranger keyboard and still use the arranger's styles. The answer was yes, and this is how it works.

Bob
Biab/RB latest build, Win 10 64 bit, Intel 4770, 256 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.

#547869 - 08/02/19 12:13 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: Mike Head]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Mike Head
Hi Pat

Did you know that BIAB can send silent chords from your chords on the chord sheet from midi ch 9 default or other if free .
Very useful for controlling external VH units etc.
Here is the setting, for those that may know about this.
Have fun
Mike

Yep, I did know that. However that feature isn't in Real Band (what I normally use) so I have to generate the chords with a MIDI style that has a part playing sustained chords.

The only reason I mentioned it at all is because somebody using Chordify in conjunction with RB and a harmony device might find that feature useful. Or not. Everybody's mileage varies.

#552340 - 09/01/19 03:04 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Chordify - "chords to any song" [Re: floyd jane]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane

[snip]

So far, I've found every song I have looked for (though I imagine you can stump it if you get obscure).

It seems that as long as the song is on youtube it will find it. Just for laughs I asked it to chordify one of our songs that we did a youtube video for and it found it and chordified it.

Pretty cool technology!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
35013 Members
66 Forums
71317 Topics
618676 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
saraj176, deepee, Bob McKillop, jakestone161, jpaulo

35012 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 259