You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#547046 - 07/27/19 07:04 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

There seems an essential "modern Country" guitar sound lacking in the current RealTracks line-up.

I would LOVE to see it added.

It is a BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chord that is in 80% of every Country song (radio songs anyway) these days.

I've tried to find it among the Held versions of RealTrack electric guitars.
But none of them do it "quite right".
I end up using the Holds from 1169 Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockMediumBrent to try to get there, but they aren't quite right.
(that comes out too distorted).

The Held Chords that I am talking about are BIG, SUSTAINED, slightly distorted, SMOOTH, "Round" (is one way I think of them).

I listened to Justin Moore's new recod today.
Almost EVERY song is built on these type chords.
In the Chorus.

Brent Mason is listed as one of the players on the album.
SURELY he would know how to make this happen.

A couple of different RealTracks would be nice.
Because they are almost always panned hard to both sides.
There is a "subset" of this that has a slight articulation before the BIG chord - that would be a nice addition, too..
Another "subset" is a BIG SUSTAINED single note (usualy used for walk-downs)... that could be another new RealTrack to go along with these...
(that happens several times in the record, too)

Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5WdKqTjyVU&list=OLAK5uy_laLVgdQA-N2B6lvNiMZjfaf_pZCN70how&index=2

The whole album is a good example of what I am refering to...
The link above should show the whole album as a list to the right.

#547048 - 07/27/19 07:37 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: TN
Roger Brown Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: TN
+1 to that request.

TBH, I've yet to find any of the modern country RealTracks that I don't have to edit with instruments from other genres, usually some sort of rock guitar. A number of extra modern steel track options would be great as well....I use the Eddy Dunlap stuff a lot, and love it, but I wish there were more options along those lines.

Slight thread derail....I've worked with a great many of the musicians in BIAB, including ALL of the steel players except Eddy Dunlap. Don't think I've even ever met him. You'd think our paths would've crossed at some point.

#547262 - 07/29/19 07:16 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

I intend to keep "pounding on this one"...

If this "sound" could be "captured" and added to Band-In-A-Box it would benefit the Rock side of things as well....

Here is another song from the same record that has a lot of the

BIG SINGLE NOTE "explosive sound" used in walk-downs...

It also has the CHORUS BIG CHORDS (of course).

As I said before... this whole record is a prime example of the BIG CHORD sound. It is not an IN-YOUR-FACE thing, but it is still really "fat" (and smooth and round and full and thick).

#547292 - 07/29/19 09:58 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
+1 for big chords RealTracks.

Some of the production sound works well with contemporary country gospel too. That tells me that big chords RealTracks could be useful in other genres.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#547319 - 07/29/19 02:22 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: Jim Fogle]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

+1
You could try one of the guitars that have Direct Input and use those Holds then add Amplitube after it.
You could use a midi guitar holds then use a Direct Input Tele.sfz that I added in the UserTracks forum in Sforzando and add Amplitube after it.

I could make up some UserTracks with held strum and held single notes.
"Don't start a new riff on this bar"
would be used on bar 2,3,4 of a 4 bar held chord so those bars won't be used to to start a new chord, so if the chord starts on bar 1 enter 2-4, and if it starts on bar 5 enter 6-8, bar 9 10-12
so in the box would be 2-4,6-8,10-12, etc..
Direct Input would be best but if you could upload a pic of Amplitube settings that could be applied.

Attachments
UT-Sustain.png

#547337 - 07/29/19 04:29 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Pipeline - thanks for the suggestions. But... I tried creating a User Track (when they first came out) and couldn't get ANYWHERE close to the quality of a RealTrack.
And the User Tracks I've heard others do were ...let's say..."lacking".
Though admittedly I have not kept up with whatever progress might have been made and have only heard a small sampling of what has been offered (nothing seemed worth the effort of downloading and setting them up).

I have been doing more experimentation today and have found some things that get a lot closer to approximating the sound.

I am not trying to do "covers" of these songs, but am trying to create a similar sound...
For the chorus of this song (chorus starts @ :33):

...I was able to get close to the sound by using these RTs
(at 75 bpm)

RealTracks in song: 1826:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveSync4s Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 1684:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPromiseCrispHeld Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: 636:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RootsRockDirty Ev 100 (A:held)
RealTracks in song: 1000:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzyHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2585:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PunkHeldPlus Ev 165
RealDrums [in Song:BluesRockEv^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Open HiHat

(here are the chords if interested -
https://chordify.net/chords/that-s-my-boy-justin-moore-topic
simple G C G C pattern through the whole thing)

Even though the tempos of the RTs are wildly different from the 75, they do work...

Edited by floyd jane (07/29/19 04:42 PM)
Edit Reason: changed the bass track

#547384 - 07/30/19 03:06 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Try this and see if it all works first then I'll worry about getting that sound and levels right. These are quick strums but I can make one with slower strums.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwz4a0vqnsga473/Guitar%2C-Electric%2C-Held-Ev-85.rar?dl=1
You can use 7zip on Win/Mac then just drag the folder into X:\bb\RealTracks\UserTracks

#547391 - 07/30/19 03:54 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Eilat, Israel
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Eilat, Israel
I think there are a few "gritty, held" RTs that you might like. Also Rhythm PopCountryBrent Ev 120 (baritone)

Re the single note parts, I would advise you filter by "baritone, electric," and check out some of the RTs... There are some really great ones with chords interspersed w/ single note lines that you may be able to chop up in your DAW to achieve what you're looking for.

As has already be mentioned, it's probably best to select direct input and use VSTs/plugins for drive, color, ambiance, etc.
Band-in-a-Box 2019 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

#547444 - 07/30/19 10:56 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

No offense intended to either of you or your suggestions (and thanks for your thoughts and participation).... but...

The intent of the post is to get this type sound added to the BIAB RealTracks selections so they are available to the BIAB customer as a whole.

I can certainly play the chords myself. And then attempt to match that sound with various stomp boxes and amps (I have several software versions)...though I won't necessarily have enough experience with those combinations (I grew up an acoustic player) to get it "just right". Nor would I care to attempt to add effects to either a DI hold or user track for the same reasons (sorry). I have a Fender Strat and a G&L Tele and a Line6 Spider V 120 - so all the bells and whistles necessary to experiment forever...

And, as I stated above, I have found a combination of 4 RTs that I can use - that work well to get the sound for the song I noted. I know the RealTracks fairly well. I know what is available. And I know how to manipulate tracks in a DAW. If you listen to my catalog, that should be obvious - I have produced well over 200 songs of varying genres using the software, RealTracks, loops, effects and VSTs from varying sources. I think I can cut & paste with the best of 'em. There is a large "BIAB audience" that would not necessarily be as well versed with the tools...

So, all that being said... the point is that this is a BASIC sound of the majority of (Country) songs being produced for radio these days - and has been for several years now. I think it would be in PGMusic's best interest to offer that sound... This topic (of "modern Country") has been discussed many, many times in the forums (to "dead horse" level), so I thought I would put the request in the Wishlist - with specific examples - so that it might end up being added to the next BIAB release. Surely PGMusic must be always asking "What will make up the next 202 new RealTracks?" I'd like to see THIS be a part of that... So that I (we) don't have to "jump through hoops" to get there. Brent Mason KNOWS how to get that sound (with his eyes closed).

I think this is something that many might find useful...And might be a good draw for newer, younger users.

#547479 - 07/30/19 02:39 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I'm just used to PG so I try to find workarounds or solutions for things that fall on deaf ears smile

To match the sound you can use
Peavey ReValver Audio Cloning Technology
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=418253

or CurveEQ https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=415524#Post415524

#549356 - 08/14/19 08:33 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: england
Biglad Offline
Journeyman

Loc: england
Sounds to me Floyd ,that Biab needs real tracks in the modern country genre.im sure this add on would be a huge success. it needs looking into by the powers to be.hope it gets sorted soon

#549741 - 08/16/19 05:50 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
+1 from me on this suggestion.

I had a listen to the two video clips, that type of heavy rhythm guitar can be used in many genres, not just country.

Blue Attitude Website

#559560 - 10/17/19 09:24 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

AND...in case it isn't already too late (in the year and close to release time).

It would be cool if these could be a stereo file with different players/guitars on either side - with wide separation... so that a single instance would get that "big sound".

#559957 - 10/20/19 11:58 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Oh...and, besides a stereo file with different guitars/players panned to either side, the same individual tracks could be available as a standard mono guitar track (if someone only wanted to use one of them...).

#560930 - 10/26/19 02:52 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chords of Modern Country [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
+1.
Was looking for something like this today.
Maybe it'll be in PGs Christmas present? ;-)
Ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 315 Update Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac users - a new FREE patch update (build 315) is available!
Review details and download here

Summary of changes for build 315 (Nov 15, 2019):

Fixed: Exporting MusicXML files was not working.
Fixed: When using "Auto-Hand split Piano track" feature, exported MIDI files contain wrong note durations on the Piano track.
Fixed: Note-based lyrics were not included when exporting MIDI files.
Fixed: User should be prompted to save their song when exiting, if they had added or removed plugins.
Fixed: The Record Audio dialog always says “Track type is Stereo” even if the track type is mono.
Fixed: The [Audio Options…] button in the Record Audio dialog was launching the Audio Devices dialog instead of the Audio Settings dialog.
Fixed: Loops dialog title bar displays wrong track name.
Fixed: Large patch map files are not completely loaded (were limited to 1985 patches).
Fixed: Notation context menu > Edit Section Text… did not do anything.
Fixed: Notation context menu > Insert Section Text… did not do anything.

My Favorite Things - Nudge Chords in Band-in-a-Box®

Love this time saving feature.

Ever fill in the chordsheet fully or for part of song, and then discover you want to add or take away an extra beat or more somewhere in the chordsheet.

Nudge chords (melody) from the Edit Menu is your friend here, the dialog will give you all the options either to remove or add beats where its needed.

Love it.
-musiclover

To learn more about this feature, read the "Advanced Chord Entry and Editing Features" topic when you click here.

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial & Demo - Rodney Gene Junior

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Rodney Gene Junior has shared his latest User Testimonial and Demo with us, and we LOVE it! Not only does Rodney share with the viewer his enthusiasm for our program, he also shares a few examples of how he uses Band-in-a-Box® too - make sure you check it out!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Testimonial Video - Peter Torpey

Check out our latest Band-in-a-Box video testimonial, which takes using the program to a whole new level! Peter Torpey is a long time program user who has developed a way to work with the program, even though he's visually impaired - and he wants to make sure that others can too!
Click here to watch!

Learn more about Peter here.

View all our video testimonials here.

Want to make your own Testimonial? We'd love to see it! There's information on our Video Testimonials offer here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade & Full Manuals Available!
Happy National Saxophone Day!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have 35 different RealTracks Sets available for Band-in-a-Box® that include Saxophone RealTracks !

RealTracks Set 304: Blues Shuffle Horn Section
RealTracks Set 294: Big Band "Crooner Shout" Soloist!
RealTracks Set 266: Jazz & Funk Potpourri
RealTracks Set 265: Crooner Ballad Big Band!
RealTracks Set 264: Crooner Bossa Big Band!
RealTracks Set 244: Jazz Background Horns with Jack Stafford
RealTracks Set 236: Cocktail Jazz Horns!
RealTracks Set 220: Flute and Saxes with Jack Stafford
RealTracks Set 217: Jazz Pollwinners 8 – Jazz Waltz Sax Solos
RealTracks Set 216: Jazz Pollwinners 7 – Swingin' Sax & Guitar Soloing
RealTracks Set 215: Jazz Pollwinners 6 – Sax & Guitar Soloing, Ballads & Bossas
RealTracks Set 209: Rockin' Blues Baritone Sax with Gary Smulyan
RealTracks Set 207: Funky Horns
RealTracks Set 194: Jazz Pollwinners 1: Great Saxes: Phil Woods & Gary
RealTracks Set 189: Blues Baritone Sax with Gary Smulyan
RealTracks Set 188: Slow Background Pop Horn Section
RealTracks Set 183: Country Soloists: Sax and More!
RealTracks Set 176: R&B Horns
RealTracks Set 175: Texas Blues-Rock: Smokin' Blues Sax
RealTracks Set 160: Jazz-Funk Movin'
RealTracks Set 145: Jazz-Funk Breezy
RealTracks Set 127: Groovin' Jazz Funk
RealTracks Set 91: Smooth Jazz - Sax Soloing
RealTracks Set 58: Jazz and Pop Waltzes
RealTracks Set 57: Jazz Swing, Laid Back
RealTracks Set 55: Fast Bebop Jazz
RealTracks Set 54: Slow Jazz Ballad
RealTracks Set 52: Fast Samba
RealTracks Set 51: Slow Bossas and More
RealTracks Set 32: Blues
RealTracks Set 19: Jazz Ballad
RealTracks Set 17: Bossa
RealTracks Set 15: Mainstream Swing
RealTracks Set 13: Older Jazz Swing Soloists
RealTracks Set 7: Acoustic Jazz Bass and Rock Sax

Which one is your favorite?

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Special Ends October 31st

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special ENDS TODAY!!!
Order before 11:59PM PDT to save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade... and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

It's a GREAT time to order your upgrade to Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Mac, which is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Forum Stats
30395 Members
62 Forums
60612 Topics
512693 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
ichavis, Hooman, gilou7, WaltDan, LeroyNethan

30394 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 200
Noel96 179