Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#553484 - 09/07/19 02:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ and crew
A+ collaboration! I like fresh modern Country rock feel of this.
Lyrics shine! Probably a bit improper, but I would name it "My drug of choice" smile
Production is top tier, as usual.

P.S. There was a band from my youth, they had a song.., one of the lines was: "some kind of drug is what you need.." Their song, as this, was also not about drugs smile

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Misha - Thanks for stopping in for a listen...

#553486 - 09/07/19 02:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: floyd jane]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Hi Floyd

Nice one on this , I love the way you come up with the subjects/materials for the theme of your songs

I am on my way to my fourth year of quitting, so this was inspirational to say the least.

Have I got it right you are a quitting smoker ?. as has been said in a previous post you do not hear it in your voice.

Again mix , vocals , singers (both) as I've said before you make me want to do more stuff and that's a compliment.
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

#553530 - 09/07/19 05:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
When I first saw the title I thought you were going to do a Led Zeppelin cover eek

Love the way you write, I'm hopeless at it myself but can recognize the ability in others.

Favorite line among many:

"you give my angels wings and my devils voice"

Vocals of course are right in the pocket, and always enjoy hearing the janettes make an appearance.

Nice groove, drums sound great, and mix is top notch.

Sounds modern and old school at the same time, well done!

Thanks Dave! I love that gig smile

Janice

#553636 - 09/08/19 07:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: jannesan]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi floyd and Janice,

Both of you NEVER EVER disappoint. It is always a joy to listen to the two of you sing.

floyd, I really like how you've arranged the rhyme scheme in the two-verse system -- aabbcddeec -- it's very, very effective. Also, when I first heard 'enjoyed' and 'avoid' that grabbed my attention. It's a great rhyme and I cannot remember hearing it anything before.

I won't talk too long today because there are many songs that I'm behind on listening to and I need to catch up.

All the best,
Noel

Noel - we certainly appreciate having you drop in for a listen. I thought that rhyme scheme might perk up your ears a bit smile

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Nicely swinging rhythm with good selection of instruments and great mix. Catchy chorus, works especially well with the Janettes smile Enjoyable quitting analogy.

Janne

Thanks, Janne...

#553651 - 09/08/19 09:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Hey Floyd,

This is awesome man! Really ingenious lyrics as usual!

Really nice warm sound, too.

Congrats man. Beautiful.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#553709 - 09/08/19 01:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Floyd,

Terrific intro on this—nice choice of instrumentation there. And a great write/vocals and (no surprise) excellent production. Cool stuff! Enjoyed my listen.

My best to you,

Deej

#553754 - 09/08/19 07:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Once again, I have been out of pocket for a few weeks. When that happens, I usually look for whatever latest submission you have posted when I come back, because I just know it's going to be good.

This is one of my favorites of yours (and that's saying a lot - there's so much to choose from). The lyrics are so well done. And the recording/mix is spot on. Love the guitar lead towards the end.

Very nice!

Steve

#553817 - 09/09/19 07:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: Mark K]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Another song from paradise. Sounded good with well written lyrics, arrangement, production and performance. I'll have to go back for a few more listens before I can fully absorb it all. The local weather channel was giving the latest update on TV as I listened to the song and distracted me as I tried to figure out what it cost you Floridians to turn Dorian away from the Florida coastline and take a trajectory straight to where I'm in the most likely crosshairs of landfall. wink

Charlie - I'm always pleased to see you drop by for a listen and comment. Thanks for the kind review.

Dorian spared us (we turn on every fan in the state and aim them east). There's more brewing out there....

Originally Posted By: Mark K
Well crafted with great production. Enjoyed the harmonies with Janice. If you are the one smoking a pack a day, it doesn't show in your vocal:-)

Mark - thanks for weighing in. Janice is a gem - my musical sister...

It is interesting, I think, that some of the greatest singer have been smokers... Aretha Franklin, Barbara Streisand, Adele, Dionne Warwick, Judy Garland...

#553977 - 09/10/19 03:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: beatmaster]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Hi Floyd

Nice one on this , I love the way you come up with the subjects/materials for the theme of your songs

I am on my way to my fourth year of quitting, so this was inspirational to say the least.

Have I got it right you are a quitting smoker ?. as has been said in a previous post you do not hear it in your voice.

Again mix , vocals , singers (both) as I've said before you make me want to do more stuff and that's a compliment.

beatmaster - good to see you "back around"... thanks for having a go at this one....

#554038 - 09/10/19 09:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: Al-David]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Some clever intelligent lyrics, set to a beautifully mixed band.

Your vocals and of course the Janettes sound great.

An excellent piece of songwriting wonderfully presented.

Peter

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd ...

I don't get here very often these days ... same reason as always. But, man, I'm so happy I got her to hear this one. There are so many things to like simply as a listener, yet so many intricate nuances from a musician's POV. So often, you have to sacrifice one, to a certain degree, to accomplish the other. There are no sacrifices on this one .. it's spot on from both POVs.

The B/G tracks are so fresh, yet the lyric and vocal delivery classic. The mix on your songs is almost never less than stellar. This song is a terrific example of why I say that. I particularly enjoyed the drum track. I think that's what defines the modern aspect. The first two verses are a great preamble to the killer chorus.

Those Janettes were in rare form! What a delight!

Wishing all involved the very best. Ya'll created one helluva song here and delivered with the same expertise and craftiness. You make it sound so easy! Excellent ...

Alan

Thanks y’all for mentioning the janettes smile

Janice

#554221 - 09/11/19 08:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: Deej56]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Floyd,

This is awesome man! Really ingenious lyrics as usual!

Really nice warm sound, too.

Congrats man. Beautiful.

Thanks, Mr Snyder!! Hope we'll see more of you soon...

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Terrific intro on this—nice choice of instrumentation there. And a great write/vocals and (no surprise) excellent production. Cool stuff! Enjoyed my listen.

My best to you,

Deej

Appreciate that, Deej...

#554338 - 09/11/19 09:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
floyd,

Excellent country-pop song!
The combination of rhythm guitar and arpeggio picking guitar has a very good effect.
Your vocals and Janice's harmonies are added to them and this song gets the great feeling.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#554422 - 09/12/19 08:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: animarorecords]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Once again, I have been out of pocket for a few weeks. When that happens, I usually look for whatever latest submission you have posted when I come back, because I just know it's going to be good.

This is one of my favorites of yours (and that's saying a lot - there's so much to choose from). The lyrics are so well done. And the recording/mix is spot on. Love the guitar lead towards the end.

Very nice!

Steve

Steve - Thanks for the kind comments...always look forward to your thoughts on my work....

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
floyd,

Excellent country-pop song!
The combination of rhythm guitar and arpeggio picking guitar has a very good effect.
Your vocals and Janice's harmonies are added to them and this song gets the great feeling.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - Always good to have you drop by for a listen. Nice to see you back around....

#560034 - 10/20/19 08:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Expert

Loc: Central Ohio
This is tight, Floyd. Like the drum groove and the way you've worked the lyrics to it.
Reaper/Audacity
TASCAM DP 03 SD|Digital deck

#561372 - 10/29/19 10:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Good song...
Lyrics, mix, production, guitar playing...
And of course Janice's harmonies...
BTW you gave me an idea for a song hook...

"There ain't no way to escape...
The fate to which I'm bound...
Either smokes or booze or a woman...
Will put me in the ground"

Thanks!

#561457 - 10/29/19 07:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Can't Quit You [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Classic set of lyrics, Floyd.

Vocal delivery second to none, including Janice, of course.

Musically it embodies the FJ skill set, no question.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
RealBand 2020 for Windows Updated Harmonies Feature!

The latest RealBand 2020 Update includes enhancements to the harmonies feature, improvements for audio recording, and more!

Click here to review and download this free update patch (build 4).

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9 Overview & Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes 200 NEW RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Folk & Beyond!

There are 50 new RealStyles for each genre, with MultiStyles included in each genre too!

Learn more about loading and using Xtra Styles PAK 9 in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for the 200 new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 9 with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9: Overview & Demos.

Add Xtra Styles PAK 9 to your band for just $29 until June 30th! Order here.

Windows user? Click here for Windows purchase links and details.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Updated!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 has been updated with a small Free Update Patch that can be downloaded here.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 is packed with 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles, including new gospel & folk categories!

Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info!

See how easy it is to load and use these Loops in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for these new Loops & Styles when you watch our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos.

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac user? Click here for Mac purchase links and details.

NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2!

We're delighted to be adding 200 GROUNDBREAKING RealStyles to the Band-in-a-Box® collection with Xtra Styles PAK 9!

Our new Rock-Pop additions include neo soul with vocals, classic ska with a horn section, a psychedelic sixties pop ballad, heavier action-scene cinematic metal, post-punk folk rock, six-substyle gospel pop MultiStyle with vocals, and more!

With the latest Jazz Xtra Styles, we've added everything from quarter-feel jazz blues to New Orleans Gospel to jazzy disco funk and gentle bossa folk pop, and more! We've also included a brand-new (huge!) ten-substyle "changes" jazz swing MultiStyle with three different soloist options!

The newest Country RealTracks are a real treat! We've fused folk and Americana instruments with the country sounds you know and love: ethereal and songwriter country ballads, a country rock march, country pop with layered cellos, a country soul groove, and much, much more! The included six-substyle summertime country pop MultiStyle will help you create your perfect summertime hit!

Plus, we've added to our Folk & Beyond collection with our Xtra Styles PAK 9 release! There are 50 fresh new styles, including a Cajun jaw harp boogie, cinematic folk with strings, a modern Celtic folk reel, a gentle three-guitar folk ballad, delta blues with shaker - the list goes on! Add Folk & Beyond 2 and you'll also receive a brand-new eight-part mountain folk MultiStyle!

There are 50 new RealStyles in each genre - get them ALL for only $29 until June 30th! Learn more, listen to demos and order here.

But wait... there's MORE!

We've also rolled out 50 NEW Styles and 100 NEW Loops in Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info! Genres include Electronic, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World, plus we're introducing two new genre categories - Gospel and Folk!

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac User? Click here for Mac details and purchase links.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

We never stop! The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 9 (on sale until June 30th - learn more here)!

Update to build 721 and you'll see that we've improved the step-advancing notes display, updated the key command criteria for looping bars from the chordsheet, fixed email client integration, and more.

If you are a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows user, you'll definitely want to update to the latest free patch update!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 721 for Windows and download it here.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box Finds!

I don't know about everyone here, but now that I've settled in to our "new normal" I've taken to rearranging and dusting off many things in order to keep busy and productive!

I'm picking up old hobbies, picking up clutter around the house, and as it turns out - finding forgotten picks!

We snagged these gems many, many, many years ago after The NAMM Show one winter. Check out the old Band-in-a-Box logo! Click here...

Have any of you come across something nostalgic like this these days? Let's see it!
(remember the first Audiophile version?!)

-Callie
Team Marketing

Forum Stats
32187 Members
65 Forums
64380 Topics
545840 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
C_Shealy, Drblues, praffulgoel, digi, George_H

32187 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)