Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#552685 - 09/03/19 05:44 AM [User Showcase] Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year!
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Amazing!

I recently discovered that earlier this year, a TV station in Turkey used my song "Dare To Dream The Impossible". This is the first time ever that I've made some royalties from a song written, arranged, performed and produced entirely by me.

In all honesty, I'm blown away by the fact that I can write a song here in Australia, it is heard by someone in Turkey and they like it enough to attach it to something on TV, and my copyright registration directs them back to me....

It seems like it's true... IMPOSSIBLE = I'M POSSIBLE

After listening to "Dare To Dream" again, I can hear just how far my production and singing skills have come in 6 years. Looks like it's time to revisit this one and apply a bit of present day pizzazz to it!

Anyway....At the moment I feel like celebrating so here is the song, warts and all. I hope it inspires someone and encourages songwriters to appreciate what PG Music, Band In A Box and the Users Showcase forum make possible for all of us. I'm so thankful and I feel so lucky that I discovered them.

VIDEO: https://vimeo.com/62522252

AUDIO (and Lead-Sheet): https://soundcloud.com/noel-adams/dare-to-dream-the-impossible

I'll get around to bringing it up-to-date sometime in the future. In the meantime, I hope you are able to enjoy it for what it is.

Regards,
Noel

The BIAB Band

521:Bass, Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136
Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths Ev16 065
869:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernRnBRockWarmA-B Ev 065
872:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernRnBRockFunkyA-B Ev 065
019: Midi Supertrack 01 Organ, Electric, Rock Sforzando
RealDrums: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

#552696 - 09/03/19 07:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Great to hear this again, Noel.

Congratulations on the placement!

It is inevitable that Noel-dreaming-the-impossible would turn it into the possible.

fj

#552699 - 09/03/19 07:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Noel,

This was a great song and performance. Congratulations on the royalties! Great news!

Bob

#552708 - 09/03/19 08:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Congrats, Noel! Really enjoyed my listen - nicely catchy, and a great groove as well. I thought the mix job was concise and professional too.

Thanks for sharing smile

#552739 - 09/03/19 01:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Congrats are in order! Fantastic job on this one. It must feel nice to be able to collect some royalties!

#552785 - 09/03/19 09:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

A toast to talent, hard work, and serendipitty! It's a wonderful feel good positive song. And hope you have many more placements. Well deserved Noel!!!

#552793 - 09/03/19 11:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Well Done Noel!

Incidentally, I feel the same way as you. "Lucky to have discovered this product"!

#552794 - 09/03/19 11:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Tangmo Online   content
Expert

Really fine, uplifting piece. The band and singer sound good to me, but it's inspiring that you are yet committed to honing and not resting on $4.00 worth of laurels.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#552796 - 09/03/19 11:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Well done Noel.
Proud of you mate. Rob4580

#552892 - 09/04/19 02:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: floyd jane]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Great to hear this again, Noel.

Congratulations on the placement!

It is inevitable that Noel-dreaming-the-impossible would turn it into the possible.

fj

Thanks, floyd! I appreciate that you had time for a re-listen. This song was assembled using the Ultrapak and it sounds pretty good!

All the best,
Noel

#552969 - 09/05/19 03:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Cashed up downunder!
Well done Noel.
Money sin't validation or justification but it can be a nice tip of the hat.
COOL song - no shock it was picked up.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#553068 - 09/05/19 11:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Very cool Noel a!

I think on one of the major streaming platforms your would have to get thousands of streams to earn that amount.
It's amazing somebody didn't just rip it off. Good for you!

So what do we think about it? How about what we said six years ago in the original post:

"To quote Janice "Great lyrics and reminds me of early Beatles." We just streamed it from phone to our living room sound system. Great sound all the way around. Will watch the video when we gravitate to the computer room, i.e., after more coffee. Another good one for sure!!"

Nice

J&B

#553105 - 09/05/19 02:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Janice & Bud]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

I think on one of the major streaming platforms your would have to get thousands of streams to earn that amount.
It's amazing somebody didn't just rip it off. Good for you!

Yes, my sentiments exactly. I'm really happy to hear that they were able to collect on their royalties, especially considering the type of digital age we live in where most people just take what they want and don't ask any questions about who they might be negatively impacting by doing so when it comes to music.

#553143 - 09/05/19 05:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Good song, Noel! First time I hear it. It is cool that you now have an audience in Turkey!!! Maybe I will travel to your first concert in Istanbul (very nice city)...

Very well done!
Will

#553348 - 09/06/19 09:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: rsdean]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Noel,

This was a great song and performance. Congratulations on the royalties! Great news!

Bob

Thanks Bob. I'm still smiling smile

#553365 - 09/07/19 01:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Congrats, Noel! Really enjoyed my listen - nicely catchy, and a great groove as well. I thought the mix job was concise and professional too.

Thanks for sharing smile

Hi Deryk,

Thanks for dropping by. This was the UltraPlusPak (2013) and even listening to this song after using the Audiophile version of BIAB for a few years, the instruments still sound terrific. BIAB is such a great songwriting tool! I couldn't have written all the songs I have without it.

All the best,
Noel

#553367 - 09/07/19 01:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Ember - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Congrats are in order! Fantastic job on this one. It must feel nice to be able to collect some royalties!

Hi Ember,

Thank you!!! I'm over the moon with actually getting some royalties. How good is that! The amount is irrelevant. It's just good to know that someone liked my music enough to pay for it.

I appreciate the visit smile
Noel

#553397 - 09/07/19 06:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Love your songs Noel. Such a positive message. Super vocal and lyric. Such a nice listen. Well done

#553404 - 09/07/19 06:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Noel,

Now you see? Nothing is impossible. If even Erdogan is at your feet. That was realy an impossible thought, but look, you did it.
And I know why... It's a good song, strongly performanced, with good vocals and nice -kind of- sweet lyrics (if you know what I mean).
Very well done!

Hans

#553537 - 09/07/19 05:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dare To Dream The Impossible -- this song earned me $4.00 in Turkey this year! [Re: Sundance]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
A toast to talent, hard work, and serendipitty! It's a wonderful feel good positive song. And hope you have many more placements. Well deserved Noel!!!

Thanks, Josie! You hit the nail on the head... that 'serendipity' factor is the big one!

Even if no-one else ever expresses interest in one of my songs again, I have this little bit of a milestone to bring a few smiles!

I appreciate that you found time to have a listen.

All the best,
Noel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Bar Settings

In Band-in-a-Box®, F5 or Edit | Settings for Current Bar will open up a new window allowing you to adjust the number of beats per bar, apply tempo changes and patch changes, or apply a different Style, and even choose harmony changes to your Band-in-a-Box® song!

Watch the video that explains this feature.

Read more about Bar Settings: Windows | Mac

A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Forum Stats
33074 Members
68 Forums
66631 Topics
566895 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
GabrielForsman, duykhuong20, jeffatbkk, chiefegod, guapeton