You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#553103 - 09/05/19 02:08 PM [Off-Topic] tc helicon advice
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Anyone have any of the TC helicon vocal/guitar fx, I was looking at buying the voicelive 3 secondhand .

But as i have done my research there seemed to be a bit of a problem i.e. blue screen, freezing.. they have been discontinued although the voicelive 2 can still be bought new online ?.

I do want it for vocals mainly tho the guitar fx is a welcome addition I am now leaning towards a voicelive play with no guitar fx or the voicelive 2.

Just hoping one or two of the forum members can enlighten me a bit.

Edited by beatmaster (09/05/19 02:09 PM)
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

#553203 - 09/06/19 06:39 AM [Off-Topic] Re: tc helicon advice [Re: beatmaster]
Lloyd S Offline
Veteran

Can't be much help on the VoiceLive device I'm afraid.
However, if you decide against it, and want another option,
I've been using the TC Helicon harmonyGXT for a number of years
and it has been both adequate and reliable.

Good luck on your search!
LLOYD S

#553221 - 09/06/19 07:54 AM [Off-Topic] Re: tc helicon advice [Re: beatmaster]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
I have a number of devices (including some from TC Helicon) that have been discontinued, and they all still work fine. It's normal for companies to discontinue items when they release newer versions. It just makes sense from a production line perspective.

In fact, you can get good deals on discontinued products on eBay.

I notice that some products are so well received that the price actually goes UP after it goes out of production. People will pay a premium price to buy the rare commodity that's no longer available in stores.

Bottom line... unless you know for sure that particular model was discontinued for design reasons, it might not be a problem to buy a discontinued item. TC Helicon has a stellar reputation.

---------------------------
disclaimer: this is not a recommendation to buy or not to buy. Everybody needs to research their own purchases. Even good companies make the occasional bad product. Bla bla not my fault.

#553253 - 09/06/19 11:42 AM [Off-Topic] Re: tc helicon advice [Re: beatmaster]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

LLoyd thanks I am open to options so food for thought on that one.

Pat yea you are right on the fact that you can get good deals on discontinued products, the voicelive 3 has more than few articles on blue screen etc.

Amazon for reviews is not great although the videos on you tube are great on the v3 both guitar and vocals.

I'm just a bit on edge with the issues I did find but I think most products have a wee bit of negative feedback if you look for it.

Thanks for your input.
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.

#553401 - 09/07/19 06:44 AM [Off-Topic] Re: tc helicon advice [Re: beatmaster]
Loc: Chicago
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loved my TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch back in the day. It was a fun to work with and had great sounds. Here in the forum the guys figured out how to get BIAB to drive the harmony. I made some music pieces which I recorded.

Today it is one of the best treasures hidden in my music closet. I hope to resurrect it someday and use it again.

#553469 - 09/07/19 01:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: tc helicon advice [Re: beatmaster]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Musicstudent
voice live 3 is a guitar and vocal fx ,you get a bit of time give it a wee google impressive stuff

#553475 - 09/07/19 01:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: tc helicon advice [Re: beatmaster]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Ya, I do know this stuff pretty well. Way cooler in the demos than anything I can ever do. Also, cost prohibitive. The TCH voice live series cost more than the guitar I play at the moment.

#553628 - 09/08/19 06:37 AM [Off-Topic] Re: tc helicon advice [Re: beatmaster]
Loc: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Loc: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
I still use my TCHelicon Harmony gxt.I use it live and it does a great job.I installed a jack in it so I can use a keyboard sustain pedal to turn it on and off. I also wrote a style that just plays chords in root position to send to the gxt. Works better than guitar chords. My only regret is not getting the version that uses midi as its reference. You can write exact harmony with that one.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

#553632 - 09/08/19 06:54 AM [Off-Topic] Re: tc helicon advice [Re: beatmaster]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Hi

I have the Voicelive 2 and 3 Extreme. I would definately select the Extreme as you can run your backing tracks from it, vocal and guitar effects. It's quite old now (They all are), but for some reason there's never a Voicelive 4. God only knows what they'd put into that? It's massive bangs for your bucks. As for the bluescreen, it's a real issue, so I would recommed buying a new one from them with warrenty. They replace if it's a problem and in the US it would be straightforward, unlike Hong Kong. I kept mine in its box for over a year and although my warenty was over, they were willing to fix it when I had a boot problem which was documented. In the end whatever the problem was dissapeared (possibly with a firmware update - I can't remember for sure) and I've never had a problem since. I love it. It's very high tech, so I guess there's always a risk of malfunction. So easy to use live and also great for recording. You plug it into the PA and into your mic and guitar and that's it. Backing tracks, automatic switching of guitar and vocal effects/harmonies etc. Of course there's a learning curve, but nothing like BIAB! As others have mentioned, have a look at the other pedals - autocorrect and harmonisers etc. Extreme is the flagship though. I suspect the lack of new systems is that they were bought out by Behringer (I think). Be sure to get the Switch 6 pedal board as well for extra flexibility.

Edited by lambada (09/08/19 06:56 AM)
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#554503 - 09/12/19 10:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: tc helicon advice [Re: beatmaster]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Thanks for the comments exactly what I was hoping to hear .

They do sound amazing on the video tutorials.

PG Music News
RealBand 2020 for Windows Updated Harmonies Feature!

The latest RealBand 2020 Update includes enhancements to the harmonies feature, improvements for audio recording, and more!

Click here to review and download this free update patch (build 4).

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9 Overview & Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes 200 NEW RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Folk & Beyond!

There are 50 new RealStyles for each genre, with MultiStyles included in each genre too!

Learn more about loading and using Xtra Styles PAK 9 in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for the 200 new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 9 with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9: Overview & Demos.

Add Xtra Styles PAK 9 to your band for just $29 until June 30th! Order here.

Windows user? Click here for Windows purchase links and details.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Updated!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 has been updated with a small Free Update Patch that can be downloaded here.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 is packed with 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles, including new gospel & folk categories!

Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info!

See how easy it is to load and use these Loops in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for these new Loops & Styles when you watch our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos.

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac user? Click here for Mac purchase links and details.

NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2!

We're delighted to be adding 200 GROUNDBREAKING RealStyles to the Band-in-a-Box® collection with Xtra Styles PAK 9!

Our new Rock-Pop additions include neo soul with vocals, classic ska with a horn section, a psychedelic sixties pop ballad, heavier action-scene cinematic metal, post-punk folk rock, six-substyle gospel pop MultiStyle with vocals, and more!

With the latest Jazz Xtra Styles, we've added everything from quarter-feel jazz blues to New Orleans Gospel to jazzy disco funk and gentle bossa folk pop, and more! We've also included a brand-new (huge!) ten-substyle "changes" jazz swing MultiStyle with three different soloist options!

The newest Country RealTracks are a real treat! We've fused folk and Americana instruments with the country sounds you know and love: ethereal and songwriter country ballads, a country rock march, country pop with layered cellos, a country soul groove, and much, much more! The included six-substyle summertime country pop MultiStyle will help you create your perfect summertime hit!

Plus, we've added to our Folk & Beyond collection with our Xtra Styles PAK 9 release! There are 50 fresh new styles, including a Cajun jaw harp boogie, cinematic folk with strings, a modern Celtic folk reel, a gentle three-guitar folk ballad, delta blues with shaker - the list goes on! Add Folk & Beyond 2 and you'll also receive a brand-new eight-part mountain folk MultiStyle!

There are 50 new RealStyles in each genre - get them ALL for only $29 until June 30th! Learn more, listen to demos and order here.

But wait... there's MORE!

We've also rolled out 50 NEW Styles and 100 NEW Loops in Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info! Genres include Electronic, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World, plus we're introducing two new genre categories - Gospel and Folk!

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac User? Click here for Mac details and purchase links.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

We never stop! The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 9 (on sale until June 30th - learn more here)!

Update to build 721 and you'll see that we've improved the step-advancing notes display, updated the key command criteria for looping bars from the chordsheet, fixed email client integration, and more.

If you are a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows user, you'll definitely want to update to the latest free patch update!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 721 for Windows and download it here.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box Finds!

I don't know about everyone here, but now that I've settled in to our "new normal" I've taken to rearranging and dusting off many things in order to keep busy and productive!

I'm picking up old hobbies, picking up clutter around the house, and as it turns out - finding forgotten picks!

We snagged these gems many, many, many years ago after The NAMM Show one winter. Check out the old Band-in-a-Box logo! Click here...

Have any of you come across something nostalgic like this these days? Let's see it!
(remember the first Audiophile version?!)

-Callie
Team Marketing

Forum Stats
32190 Members
65 Forums
64385 Topics
545891 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Mark Boyle, randyhs, C_Shealy, Drblues, praffulgoel

32189 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)