You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#553525 - 09/07/19 05:05 PM [User Showcase] Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere
Mark K Offline
Apprentice

Link to SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-327268453/aint-gonna-go-nowhere-vocaloid

Experimenting with harmonic minor scale. Studio-One used for arranging and mixing.
Only one Real track (2618 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Funk16thsMutedWahWah Ev16 100) which nicely added some needed extra percussive rhythm. My BPM was 124, but the Real track set at 100 still transformed nicely.
Vocaloid used for synthesized vocals. Had a hard time deciding which genre to categorize this; Hip-Hop/Rap seemed most appropriate.

Lyrics:

Chorus (Female):
Ain't gonna go nowhere
All I'm trying to say - Yeah
Ain't gonna go nowhere
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

I thought you had to go -
but I see I'm what you craving
Pretty girls don't need to shout
Now come 'n catch me, I'm what you craving

I apologize for misunderstanding
Cause I'm autistic - Yeah
It's just the way I am
Keep on forgetting who I am (Its a joke)

On the surface calm 'n steady
Nervous now I'm woke (Yeah, Yeah)
Grab your skinny ankles
Not goin to drift away, what are you thinking

Repeat Chorus

Looking side on your drinking
Baby, we don't feel pain (Ouch)
Let's own it, not miss our chance
We only got one shot - grab the opportunity

Follow me to the Weston mall by way of the Golden Gate
Pull you sideways, forward, left
Don't jump, the waters deep
Skinny dip, the weathers warm - dive in deep

We'll succeed, harmony is love
Yeah, cash is low 'n the dog needs to feed ( Yeah, Yeah)
My keytar is a weapon when its unencumbered
Got to keep with the flow, beat this to the ground

Repeat Chorus:

This is how I talk, singing rhymes to the beat
Without the song I freeze (Burr )
Spent time with you 'n never looking back
No losing power, run while we're strong

My heart victim to this love
Captive makes me free from pain (All I'm trying to say - Yeah)
Build a castle, best days ahead
Winds from the west, never changing (Yeah yeah)

Male and Female together:
Male:
Kiss the strings, pound the keys
Shining like a holiday
Unexpected tea this morning
Eyes tell the story - beat this to the ground
Female:
Ain't gonna go nowhere
All I'm trying to say - Yeah
Ain't gonna go nowhere
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

#553542 - 09/07/19 06:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Expert

Hey Mark!

Unusual tune. I like drum work on this! Nice ambient feel. Male vocaloid track is a bit fuzzy/hot, but maybe it just my headphones, otherwise mix is very pronounced. Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#553545 - 09/07/19 06:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Catchy, fun listen.

It's really hard to mix Vocaloids (or any synthetic voice) and keep clarity. The additional distortion makes they nigh impossible to understand.

Which isn't to say that I didn't enjoy the song. laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#553548 - 09/07/19 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Mark K Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hey Mark!

Unusual tune. I like drum work on this! Nice ambient feel. Male vocaloid track is a bit fuzzy/hot, but maybe it just my headphones, otherwise mix is very pronounced. Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Catchy, fun listen.

It's really hard to mix Vocaloids (or any synthetic voice) and keep clarity. The additional distortion makes they nigh impossible to understand.

Which isn't to say that I didn't enjoy the song.

Misha and David,

Thanks for listening and comments. I am able to do alright with the female Vocaloid, but like you say, getting the sound I want and clarity with the male is difficult. I'm been having issues with singing myself - so the Vocaloid - hope to have things cleared up soon.

Mark

#553559 - 09/07/19 08:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
The backing is nice but the vocaloid is not clearly audible. If the lyrics weren't there I'd have assumed it was random syllables.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#553579 - 09/08/19 02:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hey Mark,

I agree with the above comments about the vocaloid.

Other than that, very cool tune, nice groove and infectious chord progression.

Blue Attitude Website

#553623 - 09/08/19 05:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool back track. Interesting technology that vocaloid is. Amazing to get that type of sound. Well done

#553631 - 09/08/19 06:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Mark,

An interesting piece.

For the style of music, the synth voices work. Vocals in Rap/HipHop are often heavily processed. Having the male voice a bit more clear would be all that is needed.

The musical tracks work well. And are well mixed. Sounds good.

fj

#553686 - 09/08/19 11:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Superb intro, really hooks into the dancable and catchy rhythm. Vocaloids could be more clear, maybe less effect on lower frequences. Funny and cryptic lyrics, "My keytar is a weapon when its unencumbered" smile I got Middle East music vibes from the rhythm and the melody.

Janne

#553815 - 09/09/19 07:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a unique and captivating tune! One of the strangest tunes I've heard in a while, and also one of the most interesting uses of Vocaloid I've ever come across. It's simultaneously dizzying and catchy, and works surprisingly well.

Thanks for sharing smile

#553835 - 09/09/19 10:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

That's an interesting song. Never been a fan of the vocaliods for the very reason others have stated. Hard to understand the words if it wasn't for the printed lyrics. I drifted in thought and when I tried to find my place again.... nope...

Musically, this is really pretty good. Creative for sure.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#553941 - 09/09/19 08:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Central Ohio
That was awesome. Different!
TASCAM Digital deck

#554344 - 09/11/19 10:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello Mark,

An arpeggio with a celesta-like tone gives this song a distinctive flavor.
Reminiscent of Mary Poppins and Harry Potter stories somewhere.
I think that it is also influenced by the key being minor.
I think Vocaloid has been used successfully in this tune.
The same melody was repeated many times, so it was a little monotonous as a whole, but it was a very fun song.
Enjoyed my listen lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#554522 - 09/13/19 02:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Germany
Hey, that one is surely different... But as well a very enjoyable and interesting listen.

A great backing track - that bass and the drums caught me completely. As to the vocals: If you're not too keen on having them understood by the listener without reading them parallely, they sound great. Otherwise I think getting them is quite a challenge.

But since you provided us with the lyrics I really enjoyed the song very much.

All the best,

Stefan

#554575 - 09/13/19 09:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: Mark K]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Mark,
Catchy, different and creative. I like the vocaloid female voice and didn`t care much about the lyrical fuzziness. Its a groove song and I enjoyed listening.
Will you record your own vocals at some point?

Robert

#554654 - 09/13/19 05:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Ain't Gonna Go Nowhere [Re: dcuny]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Catchy, fun listen.

Which isn't to say that I didn't enjoy the song. laugh

I agree! But like David, I enjoyed it anyway!! Very textural and interesting music! Great job!! Take care. Greg

PG Music News
Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Special Extended!

The verdict is in, and everyone agrees that Xtra Styles PAK 7 is incredible!

There are 164 unbelievable new RealStyles that await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some surprising new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

The possibilities seem endless with these fully-produced styles, like atmospheric folk, Western swing chicken pickin', dreamy Southern rock, smooth jazz with world percussion, Brazilian samba, acoustic grunge, and '90s R&B. We've even included two great new MultiStyles that use up to eight substyles! Do yourself a favor and take home this comprehensive and imaginative collection of styles today!

SPECIAL EXTENDED!!! Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until October 31st! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here.

Mac user? You'll find your Xtra Styles PAKs here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 309 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac customers can download the latest FREE patch update here.

Summary of changes for Build 309:
Fixed: The Chord Builder is disabled if previously opened before using a modal dialog (eg. Style Picker, Set Tempo).
Fixed: The program might crash when selecting RealTracks in the Best RealTracks dialog (eg. #2541).
Fixed: Wrong notes in Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.
Improved: Higher dots-per-inch printing.
Added: [Print Chords Only] button added to the Print Options dialog.

EXTENDED! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Ends October 31st!

You haven't missed our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special, which has been extended to October 31st!

There's still time to purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade at up to 50% off, and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

Plus, our latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 Build 2 Update Available!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 users can download the FREE Build 2 patch update here

Summary of Changes in Build 2:
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.
Fixed: Loading in a MusicXML file could result in MIDI notes of zero instead of the currect MIDI notes.
Fixed: Dragging a file into the tracks window didn't always result in the effects slot for the track being setup properly for the file type dragged in.
Fixed: When inserting hard rest, and answering Yes to question about removing notes for the peg, it would remove notes from both clefs instead of the clef that the rest was inserted on.
Fixed: Potential access violation when deleting a note in staff window.
Fixed: Potential jukebox access violation if there were songs with the entire path of the filename being 256 characters or greater loaded into jukebox.
Fixed: Jukebox not playing the playlist in correct order in certain situations involving stopping/restarting, etc.
Fixed: When loading in a MusicXML file that has a specific guitar fretboard defined that matches one of our fretboards, the guitar tablature type will now be set for the notation.
Fixed: Ability to load in .MXL (compresssed musicXML file) as well as ability to load normal noncompressed musicXML file with the new .musicxml extension instead of just .XML.
Fixed: Hammer ons, pull offs, and slides are now being saved to MusicXML files.
Fixed: Exceptionally jittery timing indicator in the notation window during playback compared to older versions of RealBand.
Fixed: If the start of a generated section of a song didn't have a chord entered at the beginning of the section, then it could default to a C major chord instead of the most recent chord prior to the section.
Fixed: Potential access violation if song has micro-pegs and multiple notes on a peg.
Fixed: Accidental element that specified whether a note was displayed as sharp/flat wasn't eing saved to XML, even though the correct pitch of the note itself was saved.

RealBand 2019 Build 5 Update Available!

All RealBand 2019 for Windows customers can download the latest FREE patch update (build 5) here.

Summary of Changes in Build 5 (Oct 10)
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.

Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for macOS Catalina

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac we added Drum Notation Support, and we didn't stop there! Other Notation Enhancements added in this new version are:

-A new track type (Drums) is available for the Melody and Soloist tracks.
-Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on it.
-Holding down the control key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
-In the Notation Window Options dialog, the clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
-Notation is much clearer, not jagged, on retina screens.
-The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
-The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
-There is a keystroke entry mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, M to enter a third note, up/down cursor to change the pitch of the highlighted note, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
-You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

Read more about the Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac here. Watch this feature 'in action' with our new features video - jump to this topic when you click here.

...and don't forget - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac upgrades are ON SALE until October 15th, up to 50% off! Order now!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - Special Ends October 15th!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special is almost over! The special ends on October 15th - until then, save UP TO 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade... and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

It's a GREAT time to order your upgrade to Band-in-a-Box 2019 for Mac, which is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our packages page for all the purchase options available.

Forum Stats
30231 Members
62 Forums
60219 Topics
508171 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
TheHoffs, briart, Joe Kingston, r3g1na15, TSK

30230 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 180
Noel96 148