Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#554225 - 09/11/19 08:41 AM [Beginners Forum] Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker
buster31 Offline

Using the StylePicker, I get a "Not Found" message when I try to 'Load Song Demo' of any MIDI style. Yet, if I look up the style demo file in my computer folders and double click, it does load & play. Although the program will usually become unresponsive after stopping the demo.
And if I load the (midi) style into the main screen and then use the "Load Song Demo for this Style" option, sometimes it loads and sometimes gives a "Not Found" message.
Any explanations for this type of behavior?
Am using the current version (632) of 64 bit Band In A Box 2019 (UltraPAK+) on a Windows 10 PC.
Thanks.

#554271 - 09/11/19 02:48 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi buster,

Welcome to the forums.

Just to clarify...

When you mention the "Style demo file", are you talking about an SGU or MGU file (i.e. a BIAB song file), or do you mean an audio file such as mp3 or wav, etc?

Also, when you installed BIAB, which of the four options did you choose? For example, did you choose to run everything from your computer's internal hard drive, or did you choose to run Realtracks and Realdrums from the USB drive, etc?

Regards,
Noel

#554425 - 09/12/19 08:47 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
buster31 Offline

The installation was with everything on the computer's internal hard drive.
I'm referring to the SGU or MGU files that reside in C:\bb\Demos\MIDI Style Demos.

#554506 - 09/12/19 10:47 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

I just tried midi styles and their demos with BIAB 2019 (632) 64-bit and they worked for me.

See if this helps...

1. Enter into Stylepicker

2. Down the bottom of the window, there's a button called "Rebuild" - select that

3. Select "Slow Rebuild"

Does this help in any way?

Regards,
Noel

#554611 - 09/13/19 01:13 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
buster31 Offline

No, after a Slow Rebuild, the StylePicker still displays 'Not Found' for loading the MIDI Style Song Demo.

As a cross-check, I get the same result on a second computer with the same installation of BIAB.
The second computer shows the same behavior.
Computer #1 is a Dell xps8700 and compute #2 is a Rain Solstice. Both with 64bit Windows 10.

Edited by buster31 (09/13/19 01:21 PM)

#554614 - 09/13/19 02:00 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
This might be a long shot, but 'Return To Factory Settings' may be worth a try. It's from the Options drop-down menu.
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#554632 - 09/13/19 03:10 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
buster31 Offline

First, thanks for the responses.

I did try the 'Return to Factory Settings' suggestion, but the MIDI Styles I had been trying to load the demo songs for, still registered 'Not Found'.

Out of frustration, I filtered the StylePicker to include just the MIDI Styles and started to attempt to load the song demo's one at a time. The first 4 styles failed, but the 5 style loaded as expected. The weird part is they were all from the same style set. Continuing down the list, it seems totally random on which will load the demo songs and which won't.

I do appreciate the help, but at this point I'm going to give it a rest. I get the feeling that something this random is going to be impossible to track down.

#554639 - 09/13/19 03:44 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi again, Buster.

Can you please give me the name of one or two of the MIDI styles that are creating problems for you?

I'd like to check them out on my computer to see what happens. When I tested the MIDI styles, I just chose random ones and they worked. It might be that the ones you have chosen do have problems.

Regards,
Noel

#554760 - 09/14/19 09:10 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Hi buster31,

I never listen to the MIDI demos. I always listen to a MIDI style using my own song. This way I get a true feeling if the style will work for me. Just be sure to uncheck the 4 bar preview.

Attachments
StylePicker  .jpg

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#554900 - 09/15/19 05:42 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: Noel96]
buster31 Offline

Style Set #40. Out of the 22 styles, only RB_BARB and RB_FRANK loaded the demo via the 'Load Song Demo' button in the StylePicker. All the the rest generated a 'Not Found' message.

#554916 - 09/15/19 06:54 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: MarioD]
buster31 Offline

Thanks for your input, MarioD. I understand that 99% of BIAB users would have no desire or reason to load a midi demo song because of the improvements in the sound schemes of the software and the skill of many of the musicians that use it..
BUT, if it is supposed to be capable of accomplishing this task and doesn't, then there's an issue somewhere.
If it is something I have control over, I'd like to resolve it.

#554927 - 09/15/19 07:24 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Buster,

Thanks for the extra information. I tried half-a-dozen random selections of MIDI set #40 (Rhythm and Blues) and all of them loaded the demo song chord progressions onto the chord sheet -- which is what the "Load Song Demo" button does.

I note that you have tried the following...

1. Return to factory settings.

2. Rebuild stylepicker.

3. You have build 432 installed

I suggest trying the following...

A) Go to the URL below.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

B) Download BIAB build 632 again and re-install it. This might help. There was a case recently in the forums where this did the trick for a user experiencing problems.

Also, I have occasionally had unusual program behaviour after installing an update. When that has happened, I have tried going back to an earlier build. That has sometimes solved the problem. This might be worth a try. The earlier builds are also available at the above URL... just scroll down a bit.

Regards,
Noel

#554935 - 09/15/19 07:39 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
Loc: Cornwall UK
Mike Head Offline
Expert

Loc: Cornwall UK
HI All

No prob with demo songs here from set 40 as well, all load into chord sheet and all play demo in style picker.
Not much help to you but thought you should know.

Mike

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#555079 - 09/16/19 09:55 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: Noel96]
buster31 Offline

Thanks for the suggestion, Noel.
I will give it a try and report.
If it doesn't impact the issue, I will resign myself to locating the file on the computer and double-clicking it to see the chord chart in the main screen.
It's a small glitch I can live with.

#555083 - 09/16/19 11:17 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: buster31
Thanks for the suggestion, Noel.
I will give it a try and report.
If it doesn't impact the issue, I will resign myself to locating the file on the computer and double-clicking it to see the chord chart in the main screen.
It's a small glitch I can live with.

You don't have to find the style and double click it if you use the process that I use and mentioned in my previous message. The window I showed in that message is on the style picker page.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#555094 - 09/16/19 02:34 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
buster31 Offline

Mario, in your screen capture, it's the rectangular "Load Song Demo" button that gives me a 'Not Found' message for a given midi style.
Sorry for the confusion.

Noel, going to previous versions didn't change anything.

Edited by buster31 (09/16/19 02:36 PM)

#555104 - 09/16/19 03:43 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi again, buster.

I'm not sure which of the Ultrapak installation files contains all the styles and also sets BIAB to locate those styles.

It would be worthwhile sending an email to support@pgmusic.com and asking them how to solve this problem. Also, send the URL of this thread in the email.

Here is a last thought from me that sometimes works when all else fails...

1. Under the "Options" menu there is an option to save your current setup... do this. This will give you a backup of your setup if you need to return to it.

(The reason I mention this is because the below process will effectively delete all your setup and force BIAB to go back to the beginning. This is the ultimate in factory reset.)

2. Exit BIAB

3. Go to \bb\preferences and renamne "intrface.bbw" and "mysetup.dk" to "intrface.bbw.old" and "mysetup.dk.old".

4. Restart BIAB. All preferences will now be rebuilt as if it was your first installation of the software.

You may need to rebuild Stylepicker after this.

Does this help?

Regards,
Noel

#555106 - 09/16/19 03:52 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: buster31
Mario, in your screen capture, it's the rectangular "Load Song Demo" button that gives me a 'Not Found' message for a given midi style.
Sorry for the confusion.

Noel, going to previous versions didn't change anything.

I confused you, sorry. Make sure the 4 bar preview is unchecked and then just click play. The MIDI style will play using your chord structure. If you like it then click OK. If not then click stop and try another style.

I hope this clears up any confusion that I may have caused.

#555406 - 09/18/19 04:14 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: Noel96]
buster31 Offline

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi again, buster.

I'm not sure which of the Ultrapak installation files contains all the styles and also sets BIAB to locate those styles.

It would be worthwhile sending an email to support@pgmusic.com and asking them how to solve this problem. Also, send the URL of this thread in the email.

Here is a last thought from me that sometimes works when all else fails...

1. Under the "Options" menu there is an option to save your current setup... do this. This will give you a backup of your setup if you need to return to it.

(The reason I mention this is because the below process will effectively delete all your setup and force BIAB to go back to the beginning. This is the ultimate in factory reset.)

2. Exit BIAB

3. Go to \bb\preferences and renamne "intrface.bbw" and "mysetup.dk" to "intrface.bbw.old" and "mysetup.dk.old".

4. Restart BIAB. All preferences will now be rebuilt as if it was your first installation of the software.

You may need to rebuild Stylepicker after this.

Does this help?

Regards,
Noel

Noel,
After doing this 'ultimate' reset the results were the same.
Rather than bog down this forum, I will try support at pgmusic.
Thanks.

#555410 - 09/18/19 04:31 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Midi Style Demo Song "Not Found" in StylePicker [Re: buster31]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

I have no more ideas springing to mind. Support is definitely the way to go. If you send them an email, include the URL of this thread so that they can see what you've tried.

All the best. If you get a chance, please let us know what the solution was.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Drum Features!

Today is National Drummer Day!
(not to be confused with National Hug a Drummer Day, which is October 10th)

Band-in-a-Box® is a great resource for drummers! Practice with an on-demand back-up band, learn from the Pro's with RealDrums notation (RealCharts, new with version 2019), MIDI drums notation, or play in the Drum Kit Window!

Not a drummer? Add drums to your Band-in-a-Box® project with RealDrums! Whether you're looking for Bluegrass, Blues, Bossa, Country, Dance, Dixieland, Folk, Funk, HipHop, Jazz, Latin, Metal, Pop, RnB, Rock, Soul, Techno, Traditional, Waltz, or World (and variations within) - you'll definitely find what you're looking for in our RealDrums library - there are over 500 available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 315 Update Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac users - a new FREE patch update (build 315) is available!
Review details and download here

Summary of changes for build 315 (Nov 15, 2019):

Fixed: Exporting MusicXML files was not working.
Fixed: When using "Auto-Hand split Piano track" feature, exported MIDI files contain wrong note durations on the Piano track.
Fixed: Note-based lyrics were not included when exporting MIDI files.
Fixed: User should be prompted to save their song when exiting, if they had added or removed plugins.
Fixed: The Record Audio dialog always says “Track type is Stereo” even if the track type is mono.
Fixed: The [Audio Options…] button in the Record Audio dialog was launching the Audio Devices dialog instead of the Audio Settings dialog.
Fixed: Loops dialog title bar displays wrong track name.
Fixed: Large patch map files are not completely loaded (were limited to 1985 patches).
Fixed: Notation context menu > Edit Section Text… did not do anything.
Fixed: Notation context menu > Insert Section Text… did not do anything.

My Favorite Things - Nudge Chords in Band-in-a-Box®

Love this time saving feature.

Ever fill in the chordsheet fully or for part of song, and then discover you want to add or take away an extra beat or more somewhere in the chordsheet.

Nudge chords (melody) from the Edit Menu is your friend here, the dialog will give you all the options either to remove or add beats where its needed.

Love it.
-musiclover

To learn more about this feature, read the "Advanced Chord Entry and Editing Features" topic when you click here.

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial & Demo - Rodney Gene Junior

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Rodney Gene Junior has shared his latest User Testimonial and Demo with us, and we LOVE it! Not only does Rodney share with the viewer his enthusiasm for our program, he also shares a few examples of how he uses Band-in-a-Box® too - make sure you check it out!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Testimonial Video - Peter Torpey

Check out our latest Band-in-a-Box video testimonial, which takes using the program to a whole new level! Peter Torpey is a long time program user who has developed a way to work with the program, even though he's visually impaired - and he wants to make sure that others can too!
Click here to watch!

Learn more about Peter here.

View all our video testimonials here.

Want to make your own Testimonial? We'd love to see it! There's information on our Video Testimonials offer here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade & Full Manuals Available!
Happy National Saxophone Day!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have 35 different RealTracks Sets available for Band-in-a-Box® that include Saxophone RealTracks !

RealTracks Set 304: Blues Shuffle Horn Section
RealTracks Set 294: Big Band "Crooner Shout" Soloist!
RealTracks Set 266: Jazz & Funk Potpourri
RealTracks Set 265: Crooner Ballad Big Band!
RealTracks Set 264: Crooner Bossa Big Band!
RealTracks Set 244: Jazz Background Horns with Jack Stafford
RealTracks Set 236: Cocktail Jazz Horns!
RealTracks Set 220: Flute and Saxes with Jack Stafford
RealTracks Set 217: Jazz Pollwinners 8 – Jazz Waltz Sax Solos
RealTracks Set 216: Jazz Pollwinners 7 – Swingin' Sax & Guitar Soloing
RealTracks Set 215: Jazz Pollwinners 6 – Sax & Guitar Soloing, Ballads & Bossas
RealTracks Set 209: Rockin' Blues Baritone Sax with Gary Smulyan
RealTracks Set 207: Funky Horns
RealTracks Set 194: Jazz Pollwinners 1: Great Saxes: Phil Woods & Gary
RealTracks Set 189: Blues Baritone Sax with Gary Smulyan
RealTracks Set 188: Slow Background Pop Horn Section
RealTracks Set 183: Country Soloists: Sax and More!
RealTracks Set 176: R&B Horns
RealTracks Set 175: Texas Blues-Rock: Smokin' Blues Sax
RealTracks Set 160: Jazz-Funk Movin'
RealTracks Set 145: Jazz-Funk Breezy
RealTracks Set 127: Groovin' Jazz Funk
RealTracks Set 91: Smooth Jazz - Sax Soloing
RealTracks Set 58: Jazz and Pop Waltzes
RealTracks Set 57: Jazz Swing, Laid Back
RealTracks Set 55: Fast Bebop Jazz
RealTracks Set 54: Slow Jazz Ballad
RealTracks Set 52: Fast Samba
RealTracks Set 51: Slow Bossas and More