Options
Index
#553929 - 09/09/19 06:44 PM [User Showcase] Parts and Places
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Online   content
Expert

Parts and Places

As I am nearing the end of my middle-aged years, I never know when I open my mouth in front of the mic, if it will come out butterscotch and cream, or burrs and thistles -- I think there is a song there -- especially during my allergy seasons of spring, summer, and fall. It was a struggle, but here it is, a little country-flavored, melodic verselet.

RT:
RT 684 Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync
RealDrums-NashvilleEven8^5-HiHat,Rid
RT 2719 Guitar, Nylon, Fingerpicking
RT 405 Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming
RC3321 Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist RnBPopDblBrent

Mixed on Reaper, Nectar 3 Vocals, Ozone 8 Mastering

I hit the road
Left you behind
I didn’t know
You’d never leave my mind

Pavement pounding feet
Nothing left to eat
Singing in the street

There’s a part of you
In every single song
There’s a place in my heart
Where you always belong

My lonesome days
Sleeping without dreams
Counting faded ways
Of woman loving schemes

Pavement pounding feet
Nothing left to eat
Singing in the street

There’s a part of you
In every single song
There’s a place in my heart
Where you always belong

#553944 - 09/09/19 08:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Mark K Offline
Apprentice

Enjoyable listen. The chosen instrumentation is well matched to your vocal timbre. I liked the guitar fill after "Singing in the street". Simple lyrics with deep meaning. Well mixed and produced.

#553969 - 09/10/19 02:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Good song! I really like your vocal, seems like the struggle paid off smile

Enjoyed the listen!

#553991 - 09/10/19 06:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nicely done! I thought your vocals were fantastic on this, I wouldn't have known of the struggle at all. It matches the instrumentation perfectly, and I found the tune to be nice and easy on the ears. Pleasantly catchy, and the tones are velvety and sweet.

Thanks for sharing smile

#554035 - 09/10/19 09:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Ezekiel, you made a very nice folksong.
I like the way you sing in this song.
Almost as if I was the one who has 'nothing left to eat and singing in the street'
Luckely that was a dream.
So nice job!

Hans

#554036 - 09/10/19 09:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
I love the sound of this... Great song and perfect vocal. Outstanding mix as well.

Much enjoyed!

Bob

#554062 - 09/10/19 12:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

You came out on the good side of the struggle...the very good side.

Nice take on the "wandering minstrel" both with the lyrics and the sincerity of the vocal.

The RT/RD selection supports it all well. Nice little guitar fills here and there.

Well done!!!

J&B

#554065 - 09/10/19 12:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Gently rolling pop rhythm is quite catchy. Nice chord progression. Great vocals clearly mixed. Simple but effective lyrics. The acoustic solo guitarist works perfectly in the mood.

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#554116 - 09/10/19 05:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Ezekiel's Storm Online   content
Expert

MArk, Dave, Derek, Hans, Bob, J&B, and Janne:

Thanks for listening and the comments. Because of the wonders of the digital age, I was able to capture the better elements of the vocal, but when I listen I still hear my strain and struggle, which now lie on the metaphorical editing floor.

Scott

#554127 - 09/10/19 06:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

“...the metaphorical editing floor.” smile

J&B

#554165 - 09/10/19 10:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Nice melody, solid arrangement, tasty licks, good vocals.

Digital editing is a wondrous thing - the vocal sounds good to me! laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#554171 - 09/11/19 01:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Scott,

This sounds terrific! Seriously. You've done a great job.

I love the clarity of the mix... it's vibrant, resonating with life and showcases your excellent vocals really, really well. I wouldn't change a thing.

I totally enjoyed listening!
Noel

#554216 - 09/11/19 07:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Scott,

A very nice "troubadour snapshot".

That vocals and harmonies are well done. The BAND does a good job of providing just the right setting.

The mix is tight. Well done.

At one point, it occurred to me that Peter, Paul & Mary would have taken this right to the top of the charts...

fj

#554217 - 09/11/19 08:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Expert

Loc: Central Ohio
Enjoyed that, Scott.
Reaper/Audacity
TASCAM DP 03 SD|Digital deck

#554332 - 09/11/19 09:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Ezekiel,

Nice smooth sound to this one—the vocal fits it like a glove; some cool, subtle harmonies going on here that really resonate. Like how that acoustic guitar jumps out in the breaks. Pretty tune—nicely done.

Best regards,

Deej

#554349 - 09/11/19 11:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
'Ezekiel's Storm'...

I play very, very close attention to so-called 'love' songs because, since the word has so few rhymes (above, dove, glove, shove -- that's about it, isn't it ???), it forces a songwriter to be very creative, very imaginative in finding other words that could describe what 'love' means to him/her.

With that in mind, I believe you met that challenge very sensitively, and powerfully, in the lyrics you wrote for your song, 'Parts and Places', a title which in and of itself suggests a strong sense of dislocation, of being scattered, not whole anymore. I think you painted a stingingly vivid word picture of a man whose heart is sinking so deeply into a world of regret that he is on the verge of being literally incapacitated by it:

"...Sleeping without dreams..." (a chilling image)
"...Pavement pounding feet, nothing left to eat, singing in the street..."

He is utterly, irreversibly lost without 'her', and what's worse, even, is that he did it to himself. It's as though as a result of his actions, his soul has become homeless.

The plaintive quality of your fine singing voice accompanied by the yearning quality of the music heightens the sense of stunned sorrow in the lyrics. The emotion comes through, direct and inescapable.

- bluage -

#554366 - 09/12/19 12:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

I've never known when I opened my mouth what was to come out. Chalk it up to just another puberty.

Loved your chord changes here. The change under "singing in the street" is especially sweet as it not only surprises, but leaves the listener hanging a bit. Given the lyric, it's a great choice to my ears.

Vocals worked well with the backing. Backing worked well with the lyric. An extra-fine package.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#554438 - 09/12/19 10:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really nicely done Scott!! I think there could be a little more verb on the vocal and acoustic guitar. Really pretty song, and a VERY GOOD vocal! And, we never reach the end of middle age.....we just stay there until we die.....that's how I'm trying to look at it. Really like this!! Take care. Greg

#554480 - 09/12/19 04:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Liked it all, but especially the guitar fills. Good lyrics that fit well.

#554488 - 09/12/19 06:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Parts and Places [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

Ezekiel's Storm,
Clean write. Everything is in its own space. Bright & clear vocals. No signs of allergy! Enjoyed it.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Video - How to Transpose a Region of a Band-in-a-Box® Song

Want to learn how to transpose just one chorus of your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Check out our latest video, shared to the I want a video that shows me how to... forum: https://youtu.be/XiMrgtQ7u14

Band-in-a-Box® - What People Are Saying...

Wow, check out the latest feedback from Band-in-a-Box® users!

"I have one song I've been torturing over to get the sound right for quite some time and I merely keyed in the chords and what BB generated is awesome. Just what I hoped that song would sound like. What had taken me months to get right (and couldn't), the program could do in about an hour - AMAZING!"

"Great Ear Training Exercises! And I love that that you can set the tempo to whatever you choose. It's great for learning a tune!"

"A very good and easy to use musical program!"

"It's amazingly easy to use! Write a song? No problem! Add background sound track to a video? No problem! Put notes on a staff and have BB make up a chord progression and tell what key you are in? No problem! Start with a chord progression and have BB make a melody line? No problem!"

"Still the best practice tool I have found, great for running lines, improvising over and really helpful for working on song writing ideas as well! Good for beginners, and the more musical skill and knowledge you have the more you will get out of the software."

"I create demo songs with Band-in-a-Box, it helps me to get my ideas across to my engineer!"

"Been using Band-in-a-Box for years. Outstanding product from a great company!"

"It's like buying a Musical History Jukebox. It comes with probably 3000 styles and is like hiring session musicians to play rhythm with you, they even have soloists! It introduces you to so many types of rhythms that you other wise would know nothing about. "

"Paul McCartney said you gotta have a great band behind you. Well, Band-in-a-Box is my band."

"It's as easy as typing in the chords, choosing your style, instruments, etc., and off you go! Learning the tune? You can slow it down while you work on it then speed it up. My favorite analogy is a good chess program, which will play at your speed and level and is eternally patient!"

"I love my Band in a box, it does so much! Besides all the RealTracks and song ideas, it's a great tool to stay sharp with your licks. Social distancing got you down? Can't jam with friends? Pick out any song and go to the mixer button, there you can mute any instrument that's playing so you can jump right in and play along!"

"I love it. I'm a drummer, and Band-in-a-Box really keeps me on my toes!"

"The DAW plugin is really great. Trust me on this. I use it with Studio One.

"This is how I've been able to gig solo for the past 20 years. Band-in-a-Box is the great equalizer for us none rhythm players."

"Wouldn't want to be without it! One of the best things I bought in my life. Simple as that."

"As a songwriter I really love to work with Band-in-a-Box. The only limitation is your own creativity."

"I've used Band-in-a-Box for 25 years and thanks to this program and the advice of PG Music staff I've written over 100 songs. It's great software and amazing help to me as a musician. CONGRATS!!!"

Thank you for all the amazing feedback!

Forum Stats
33056 Members
68 Forums
66583 Topics
566374 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Marilyn12, EEB, Karuso, Yabby, blueswanabe

33055 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Janice & Bud 149