Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)
N
nonchai Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
N
Clearly this is a work in progress but I note that none of the typical context-menu options for a chord change are present in the plugin. Presumably. this will eventually be available via the plugin as I think ( and especially since in the VST3 version. the window can be resized to be very big ) with time - once people begin to use this plugin in-anger in studio productions the need to be able to do more and more of what standalone can do - or EVERYTHING - will become desirable,.

And given most of the actual work is done in the BB4 engine and the plugin acts as a client - I imagine its only a matter of time.

But now we finally have a BIAB plugin for DAWs - I really would ike to spend ALL my time in the DAW + plugin and not standalone unless I'm doing something like renting off scores and charts, or practicing

Big Sur, Mac Mini i7 2018, 64GB RAM 2TB SSD
Yamaha PSR SX 900, Cubase, Ableton, UNIFY, OPUS ORCHESTRATOR, MASCHINE, Vienna Ensemble Pro ,Audiofuse, L6 HELI, KOMPLETE, Komplete Kontrol 88
Lockdown beard, podgy face, beer belly, bald patch ... yadda yadda
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
It is good the Biab Plugin is simple for DAW ONLY users that have never used Biab or didn't want to use it because of the steep learning curve.
I think it would be best kept simple and if you need all the functions of the main app then adding Rewire would be a better way to go and you would be getting your 3-4 secs generate times, so it would have an option as it does now to be "Always On Top" in DAW Plugin mode in the Rewire mode.

N
nonchai Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
N
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
It is good the Biab Plugin is simple for DAW ONLY users that have never used Biab or didn't want to use it because of the steep learning curve.
I think it would be best kept simple and if you need all the functions of the main app then adding Rewire would be a better way to go and you would be getting your 3-4 secs generate times, so it would have an option as it does now to be "Always On Top" in DAW Plugin mode in the Rewire mode.

Is rewire on the cards for the Mac version?

Its s shame that Apple is deprecating IAA on iOS - and thus will almost certainly never see the day in OSX - because even though for many uses its better ( on iOS ) to be moving to AUv3 plugin for most iOS music apps.
I actually thought IAA on OSX would be great as an Apple form of Rewire ( ink essence ) to link BIAB to a DAW.

On iOS there's a RAM limit currently for ASUv3 ( I think around 250MB ). Don't know what the RAM limit is for VST3 on Mac. But if you say the reason is due to disk streaming then maybe it would be good in the long run of an option to generate into RAM was also available in the plugin.

Workflow is all. And shortening waits is a big part of that.

Last edited by nonchai; 09/19/19 12:30 PM.

Yamaha PSR SX 900, Cubase, Ableton, UNIFY, OPUS ORCHESTRATOR, MASCHINE, Vienna Ensemble Pro ,Audiofuse, L6 HELI, KOMPLETE, Komplete Kontrol 88
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=377577#Post377577

I suggested having the BBW4/BB4 generate to RAM and stream to the Plugin.
Though it would need to have a decimal point tempo map capability same for Rewire.

Last edited by Pipeline; 09/19/19 01:09 PM.
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I'm not on the Mac at the moment and I haven't tried the RewireVST with the new version http://energy-xt.com/rewire-vst.html
just load it in a midi track and slave one of you rewire DAWs.
The issue was the audio was crackling coming from the DAW into Biab.
You can also try it in https://jstuff.wordpress.com/pluginflipflop/ if you have JBridgeM

N
nonchai Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
N
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=377577#Post377577

I suggested having the BBW4/BB4 generate to RAM and stream to the Plugin.
Though it would need to have a decimal point tempo map capability same for Rewire.

THANKS ! smile

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I suggested that way back with the first beta.
I will re post more here from your wishlist for other users:

Biab can generate up 7 tracks into RAM but you have 21 tracks in the Biab Plugin.
I suppose it could generate up the 7 style tracks into RAM but then if you want the extra tracks like multiriffs it would have to open another instance of BBW4/BB4 ?
As mentioned before, maybe the Biab Plugin could read the RAM that BBW4/BB4 writes directly, that way the BBW4/BB4 could be modified to write more tracks to another section of RAM using the same instance.

LOL But I think they have enough on their ToDoList at the moment to keep em going til 2030 smile

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,347
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213