You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#559137 - 10/14/19 07:19 AM [User Showcase] Here's To You
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

This is more of a traditional style blues than what we have been doing lately.

Here's To You

The Band:

RealTracks in song: ~572:Bass, Electric, Blues BB Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2905:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BrightBluesyPopColin Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 2906:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm BluesyPopMike Ev 100
RealDrums in song:FunkHalfNoteSync: a: Snare, Kickb: Busy Kick

I'm playing the guitar leads and the rhythm guitar panned hard left during the bridge/chorus. I built the rhythm guitar track panned hard right using the UJAM VG-IRON VSTi.

Production Notes:

Mixed with Reaper and mastered using the vintage modules in Ozone 9

I used CLA Drums on the drum track, and CLA Unplugged on the piano.
Guitar is a strat through S-Gear and CLA Unplugged.
Vocals are processed with Nectar 3 and Waves Vocal rider, and sent to a separate reverb bus which uses the reverb section of Nectar 2

Here’s to you (2019 Christiane Spruit)

I hear your footsteps
And the way you‘re dragging yourself up
the second floor of the house seems far , too far to reach
But I know what you've been up to
All night long

You look in my eyes
and tell me, you are not cheating
getting lost more and more in lies and alibis
But I know That you have been gone
All night long

Stone - cold, the glass is waiting sober
whole damn life has been another "hard days over"
Here's to you

When I look in your eyes
I can taste pain and sorrow
my whole damn life, I cannot get a grip on me
all that's left to lose for me
Is you

Stone - cold, the glass is waiting sober
whole damn life another "hard days over"
all that's left to lose for me
Is you

As always we welcome any comments!

Blue Attitude Website

#559140 - 10/14/19 08:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Dave & Chris,

Y'all knock ANOTHER one outta the park. This is so good!

Chris is writing very interesting blues-rock lyrics/storylines. Unique and original and never sounding "forced". And singing them so well. Dave, the vocal processing you are using fits so naturally into the mix. A gorgeous combination - the in front of the mic and behind the mic...

Your guitar work is extraordinary. Your fills and solos elevate an already stellar track to new heights. Tasty. Supportive. And Essential. The hard panned section - awesome rhythm tracks...

And once again, you drums and bass sound GREAT. I don't think I've ever even noticed the FunkHalfNoteSync drum track. Great choice.

This sounds like it came from a top studio.

fj

#559143 - 10/14/19 08:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

What a sound !!.

Guitars are stunning , vocals are Brilliant and the overall mix amazing.

You always give me the Fleetwood mac vibe.

Thanks
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

#559148 - 10/14/19 09:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
Good job! I like it. Christiane's voice sounds amazing and the guitar solos are top notch. Love the punch this song packs and delivers, both in the writing and the performance of it - well done!!!

#559161 - 10/14/19 12:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Great bluesy song with strong story. The reverb matches exactly the night mood of the lyrics and Chris's emotional voice. Enjoyable chording, has some Gary Moore and some modern Dave smile Your guitar playing is fantastic, I could listen to it all day and night. The band works, I especially like that right-panned rhythm guitar, gives the song even more edge.

Janne

#559178 - 10/14/19 01:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Hey Dave! Really enjoyed this with the Virtual Guitarist parts added. The start of the song reminded me of Witchy Woman from the Eagles. Between your guitars and the virtual ones they all mixed together real well. Still love Chris's voice on everything I hear too. Great work to you both, loved it!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2020, Pro Tools 2019, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#559179 - 10/14/19 01:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave & Chris

That was some track. Loved the vocal, lyric and overall feel, a really nice blues all round.

Some stellar playing (great tone) and interesting production touches.

All the elements of the song work and it was a great listen.

Peter

#559185 - 10/14/19 02:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
Great song, lyrics are much better than the typical blues. "All I've got left to lose is you," I'm gonna remember that line! Good ax work as always.

#559212 - 10/14/19 08:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Dave
Wonderful song. Immaculate guitar work, great lyrics and excellent vocal. No need for comparisons with a voice like hers, but Chris reminds me a little of Margot Timmins in spots on this track. I agree with Floyd that this sounds totally professional.
Regards,
Leon

#559217 - 10/14/19 09:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Dave

Engaging sound out of the gate—Petty like to me—which immediately pulls at the ear . . . and then that lovely vocal kicks in, and the song goes to a whole new level Love the guitar work throughout, both the rhythm and lead. Nice harmonies as well. Lovely production—stitched together artfully. Killer stuff!

My best to you,

Deej

#559242 - 10/15/19 03:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
This rides with BB King's feel to Garry Moore's tone.
The breathy vocals are spot on as is the narrative.
I'm not 100% on the accent guitar's distortion as it's a bit fizzy.
Excellent stuff.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#559245 - 10/15/19 04:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Dave and Chris,

You made a very, very nice Blues together.
The whole time I felt some sort of 'withheld tension' in the melody and the singing of Chris.
I expected her to go 'out of the roof' at the end, or subtle revenge because of that villain, but none of that happened cry
But never the less, I really like this song, the sologuitar and -of course- the singing of Chris. Very well done!

Hans

#559248 - 10/15/19 05:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Expert

Dave & Chris.
Sweet! Opening is catchy and almost whimsical, clever move to open up ears smile
Flows like honey. Another excellent work from one of my favorite teams here. Critical comments-none, it shines! Enjoyed this a lot.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#559260 - 10/15/19 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nicely done! It's like a throwback to the 70's - really catchy, and I loved the guitar work here. Thanks for sharing smile

#559270 - 10/15/19 07:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: floyd jane]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris,

Y'all knock ANOTHER one outta the park. This is so good!

Chris is writing very interesting blues-rock lyrics/storylines. Unique and original and never sounding "forced". And singing them so well. Dave, the vocal processing you are using fits so naturally into the mix. A gorgeous combination - the in front of the mic and behind the mic...

Your guitar work is extraordinary. Your fills and solos elevate an already stellar track to new heights. Tasty. Supportive. And Essential. The hard panned section - awesome rhythm tracks...

And once again, you drums and bass sound GREAT. I don't think I've ever even noticed the FunkHalfNoteSync drum track. Great choice.

This sounds like it came from a top studio.

fj

Wow, thanks, floyd!

The thing that first stuck me about Chris when we first started working together four years ago is that she has no preconceived notions on how blues lyrics should be written. She is not hung up on the old formula; sing a line, repeat the line, then resolve the line. Not that there is anything wrong with doing that, but I think her approach, also the way she sings, makes an old music style sound fresh. To my ears anyway!

I just stumbled across those drums by accident, they must have been part of a style I was auditioning. I think I ended up keeping the drums but swapped out all the other instruments.

And of course thanks for the comments on the guitar work and the production, means a lot! smile

Blue Attitude Website

#559296 - 10/15/19 10:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
And here's to you!

For us this is the best of the best.

Not much to say other than it's an over the top great production.
Chris's vocal, Chris's write, your guitar, the RT/RD's, the arrangement, the mix and the mastering are all sublime.

I rather listen more than write.

Amazing.

J&B

PS Janice just mentioned Steely Dan smile

#559361 - 10/15/19 06:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Yep - it's all good.

Well, actually all excellent. smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#559362 - 10/15/19 07:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Impressive on so many levels. Very professional.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#559378 - 10/16/19 12:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Dave,

Gosh, you and Chris turn out masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece. Moreover, with each production you seem to raise the bar higher and higher.

If ever there was a contender for the best of the best, this is it. It's outstanding writing and presenting and equally outstanding listening. Not only is this song very professional sounding, but Chris's writing and singing and your guitar work are like gold-plating. The 3 minutes and 42 seconds disappeared in very quickly.

I could hear every word that Chris sang and I totally enjoyed the story she told.

As I mentioned in my last post, you two are a pretty powerful songwriting team.

All the best,
Noel

#559392 - 10/16/19 02:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: beatmaster]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
What a sound !!.

Guitars are stunning , vocals are Brilliant and the overall mix amazing.

You always give me the Fleetwood mac vibe.

Thanks

Thanks for the listen and comments!

Blue Attitude Website

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017

Three years ago we were just rounding up our BETA testers to help finish up the testing of our Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

With that version, we redesigned the main screen GUI, added support for popular .SFZ sound format as well as PG Music’s Hi-Q sounds (sforzando SFZ Synth.), added Natural Arrangements options and Hi-Q Guitar RealCharts, applied many, many, many enhancements to the existing powerful program features, and more! Read all about Band-in-a-Box® 2017 here.

Now, three years later, we're thrilled to say that we're already done BETA testing, and weeks into the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac release! Of course, that means we're having a SALE on Upgrade packages, but only until April 30th!

Band-in-a-Box® - Trombone RealTracks!

Happy National Trombone Players Day!

To all the trombone players out there - this is a day to celebrate you (no joke...)! Not a trombone player? Good news - if you have the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition, you have a two AMAZING trombone players in your band already!

Dennis Esson:
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland – Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists

Ian McDougall:
RealTracks Set 13: Older Jazz Swing Soloists
RealTracks Set 15: Mainstream Swing
RealTracks Set 17: Bossa
RealTracks Set 19: Jazz Ballad

Welcome to the Team David!

We are thrilled to say that we've added David to our Customer Service Team here at PG Music!

You may have already noticed him - he's already made his appearance here on the Forums, chiming in with assistance and User Showcase Song Feedback.

Welcome to the team David!

Updated Song Titles Browser in Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

If you're looking for a Band-in-a-Box® Style in the feel of a familiar/popular song title, then the Song Titles Browser option in the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker is the perfect feature for you!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we’ve added 3,400 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now 14,000 titles to search from!

Just type in a familiar song title or artist name - once you have found the song, press the [OK - Find Matching Styles] button. This will take you to the StylePicker window with styles that best match the tempo, feel, and genre of the selected song title.

Didn't find the song you were searching for? Post your title request to our Wishlist forum: Songs to add to Band-in-a-Box Titles database - we think that the 3,400 new titles added with Version 2020 is proof that we're paying attention!

Learn more about the different features of the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker here.

SongPicker Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker has been enhanced with our newest 2020 version!

The SongPicker now builds faster for large song lists (>30K and up to 60,000 songs). The [Song] button (or the [Open] button) now has 3 additional menu items to launch the SongPicker.

- Open SongPicker in Current Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the current folder of the last loaded song.
- Open SongPicker in Home Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the home folder, which is Applications/Band-in-a-Box/MySongs or as set in the SongPicker.
- Open SongPicker in Favorite Folder: This launches the Favorite Folder dialog which allows you to choose any previously used folder where a song was loaded from, and then open the SongPicker in that folder.

In the SongPicker, there is a new “Open in Home” option. If this is enabled, the SongPicker will always open in the home folder instead of the current folder when you press the default [Song] button to open the SongPicker.

Searching for songs matching a chord progression or melody has been enhanced. There are three new checkboxes: "Key must match exactly," "Chord Extension must match exactly", and "Time Signature must match."

Click here to jump to the SongPicker subject in our New Features video to learn more. (32:11)

(read more about this feature in our Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac Online Upgrade Manual.)

We Have a $0 Down Easy Payment Plan!

Did you know... you don't have to pay for your Band-in-a-Box® (or other PG Music Inc. products) purchase right away? We offer an Easy Payment Plan! With our $0 down payment option, purchase today and don't pay for 30 days! The total of your invoice will be split equally, and charged every 30 days for 4 months after the initial purchase date. You can enjoy your software, with four convenient monthly payments for Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, with no added interest charges or service fees!

To choose this option, add your purchase to the Shopping Cart, and begin the checkout process. Step 3 of this process allows you to choose between:
[]Pay full amount now.
[]Easy Payment Plan. Pay $0 now, and four monthly payments, starting one month from now.

If you choose the Easy Payment Plan, simply agree to the RECURRING BILLING / EASY PAYMENT PLAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS and your order will be processed right away! That's right - choosing this payment option won't delay you receiving your order - even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - there's no need to wait!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box Video Score (Win/Mac)

Check out a great tip Pipeline shared for creating a video score!

Have a tip of your own to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum!

Thanks for sharing, Pipeline!

Forum Stats
31565 Members
65 Forums
63301 Topics
535716 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
oktay, hirussellsmith, AxioMusic, jwpeng, stroxel58

31564 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 225