You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#559137 - 10/14/19 07:19 AM [User Showcase] Here's To You
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

This is more of a traditional style blues than what we have been doing lately.

Here's To You

The Band:

RealTracks in song: ~572:Bass, Electric, Blues BB Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2905:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BrightBluesyPopColin Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 2906:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm BluesyPopMike Ev 100
RealDrums in song:FunkHalfNoteSync: a: Snare, Kickb: Busy Kick

I'm playing the guitar leads and the rhythm guitar panned hard left during the bridge/chorus. I built the rhythm guitar track panned hard right using the UJAM VG-IRON VSTi.

Production Notes:

Mixed with Reaper and mastered using the vintage modules in Ozone 9

I used CLA Drums on the drum track, and CLA Unplugged on the piano.
Guitar is a strat through S-Gear and CLA Unplugged.
Vocals are processed with Nectar 3 and Waves Vocal rider, and sent to a separate reverb bus which uses the reverb section of Nectar 2

Here’s to you (2019 Christiane Spruit)

I hear your footsteps
And the way you‘re dragging yourself up
the second floor of the house seems far , too far to reach
But I know what you've been up to
All night long

You look in my eyes
and tell me, you are not cheating
getting lost more and more in lies and alibis
But I know That you have been gone
All night long

Stone - cold, the glass is waiting sober
whole damn life has been another "hard days over"
Here's to you

When I look in your eyes
I can taste pain and sorrow
my whole damn life, I cannot get a grip on me
all that's left to lose for me
Is you

Stone - cold, the glass is waiting sober
whole damn life another "hard days over"
all that's left to lose for me
Is you

As always we welcome any comments!

Blue Attitude Website

#559140 - 10/14/19 08:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Dave & Chris,

Y'all knock ANOTHER one outta the park. This is so good!

Chris is writing very interesting blues-rock lyrics/storylines. Unique and original and never sounding "forced". And singing them so well. Dave, the vocal processing you are using fits so naturally into the mix. A gorgeous combination - the in front of the mic and behind the mic...

Your guitar work is extraordinary. Your fills and solos elevate an already stellar track to new heights. Tasty. Supportive. And Essential. The hard panned section - awesome rhythm tracks...

And once again, you drums and bass sound GREAT. I don't think I've ever even noticed the FunkHalfNoteSync drum track. Great choice.

This sounds like it came from a top studio.

fj

#559143 - 10/14/19 08:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

What a sound !!.

Guitars are stunning , vocals are Brilliant and the overall mix amazing.

You always give me the Fleetwood mac vibe.

Thanks
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

#559148 - 10/14/19 09:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
Good job! I like it. Christiane's voice sounds amazing and the guitar solos are top notch. Love the punch this song packs and delivers, both in the writing and the performance of it - well done!!!

#559161 - 10/14/19 12:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Great bluesy song with strong story. The reverb matches exactly the night mood of the lyrics and Chris's emotional voice. Enjoyable chording, has some Gary Moore and some modern Dave smile Your guitar playing is fantastic, I could listen to it all day and night. The band works, I especially like that right-panned rhythm guitar, gives the song even more edge.

Janne

#559178 - 10/14/19 01:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Hey Dave! Really enjoyed this with the Virtual Guitarist parts added. The start of the song reminded me of Witchy Woman from the Eagles. Between your guitars and the virtual ones they all mixed together real well. Still love Chris's voice on everything I hear too. Great work to you both, loved it!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2020, Pro Tools 2019, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#559179 - 10/14/19 01:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave & Chris

That was some track. Loved the vocal, lyric and overall feel, a really nice blues all round.

Some stellar playing (great tone) and interesting production touches.

All the elements of the song work and it was a great listen.

Peter

#559185 - 10/14/19 02:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
Great song, lyrics are much better than the typical blues. "All I've got left to lose is you," I'm gonna remember that line! Good ax work as always.

#559212 - 10/14/19 08:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Dave
Wonderful song. Immaculate guitar work, great lyrics and excellent vocal. No need for comparisons with a voice like hers, but Chris reminds me a little of Margot Timmins in spots on this track. I agree with Floyd that this sounds totally professional.
Regards,
Leon

#559217 - 10/14/19 09:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Dave

Engaging sound out of the gate—Petty like to me—which immediately pulls at the ear . . . and then that lovely vocal kicks in, and the song goes to a whole new level Love the guitar work throughout, both the rhythm and lead. Nice harmonies as well. Lovely production—stitched together artfully. Killer stuff!

My best to you,

Deej

#559242 - 10/15/19 03:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
This rides with BB King's feel to Garry Moore's tone.
The breathy vocals are spot on as is the narrative.
I'm not 100% on the accent guitar's distortion as it's a bit fizzy.
Excellent stuff.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#559245 - 10/15/19 04:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Dave and Chris,

You made a very, very nice Blues together.
The whole time I felt some sort of 'withheld tension' in the melody and the singing of Chris.
I expected her to go 'out of the roof' at the end, or subtle revenge because of that villain, but none of that happened cry
But never the less, I really like this song, the sologuitar and -of course- the singing of Chris. Very well done!

Hans

#559248 - 10/15/19 05:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Expert

Dave & Chris.
Sweet! Opening is catchy and almost whimsical, clever move to open up ears smile
Flows like honey. Another excellent work from one of my favorite teams here. Critical comments-none, it shines! Enjoyed this a lot.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#559260 - 10/15/19 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nicely done! It's like a throwback to the 70's - really catchy, and I loved the guitar work here. Thanks for sharing smile

#559270 - 10/15/19 07:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: floyd jane]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris,

Y'all knock ANOTHER one outta the park. This is so good!

Chris is writing very interesting blues-rock lyrics/storylines. Unique and original and never sounding "forced". And singing them so well. Dave, the vocal processing you are using fits so naturally into the mix. A gorgeous combination - the in front of the mic and behind the mic...

Your guitar work is extraordinary. Your fills and solos elevate an already stellar track to new heights. Tasty. Supportive. And Essential. The hard panned section - awesome rhythm tracks...

And once again, you drums and bass sound GREAT. I don't think I've ever even noticed the FunkHalfNoteSync drum track. Great choice.

This sounds like it came from a top studio.

fj

Wow, thanks, floyd!

The thing that first stuck me about Chris when we first started working together four years ago is that she has no preconceived notions on how blues lyrics should be written. She is not hung up on the old formula; sing a line, repeat the line, then resolve the line. Not that there is anything wrong with doing that, but I think her approach, also the way she sings, makes an old music style sound fresh. To my ears anyway!

I just stumbled across those drums by accident, they must have been part of a style I was auditioning. I think I ended up keeping the drums but swapped out all the other instruments.

And of course thanks for the comments on the guitar work and the production, means a lot! smile

Blue Attitude Website

#559296 - 10/15/19 10:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
And here's to you!

For us this is the best of the best.

Not much to say other than it's an over the top great production.
Chris's vocal, Chris's write, your guitar, the RT/RD's, the arrangement, the mix and the mastering are all sublime.

I rather listen more than write.

Amazing.

J&B

PS Janice just mentioned Steely Dan smile
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#559361 - 10/15/19 06:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Yep - it's all good.

Well, actually all excellent. smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#559362 - 10/15/19 07:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Impressive on so many levels. Very professional.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#559378 - 10/16/19 12:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Dave,

Gosh, you and Chris turn out masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece. Moreover, with each production you seem to raise the bar higher and higher.

If ever there was a contender for the best of the best, this is it. It's outstanding writing and presenting and equally outstanding listening. Not only is this song very professional sounding, but Chris's writing and singing and your guitar work are like gold-plating. The 3 minutes and 42 seconds disappeared in very quickly.

I could hear every word that Chris sang and I totally enjoyed the story she told.

As I mentioned in my last post, you two are a pretty powerful songwriting team.

All the best,
Noel

#559392 - 10/16/19 02:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: beatmaster]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
What a sound !!.

Guitars are stunning , vocals are Brilliant and the overall mix amazing.

You always give me the Fleetwood mac vibe.

Thanks

Thanks for the listen and comments!

Blue Attitude Website

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
"Find-a-Sub" RealTracks Feature - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Freshen up your arrangements using the "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks feature added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows! This feature will help you find replacement RealTracks to use that are the most similar in sound, feel, tempo, and time signature for your song, sorted from best-to-worst!

Watch the explanation of this new feature when you jump to the subject in our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 New Features Video - click here to watch.

Or, read a detailed explanation of this new feature here.

Find the Perfect Style for Your Song with the Song Titles Browser Feature! #TipTuesday

Use the Song Titles Browser within the StylePicker if you're wanting to create a song in the feel of your favorite tune!

Give it a try - there are OVER 10,000 titles available to search with this feature!

If you've searched for a song, and no Style is suggested, click on the [Add...] button, you'll be able to post a request to add that title here!

Learn more about this feature within the "Style suggestion" topic here.

Share your Latest Band-in-a-Box® Song! #MusicMonday

Let's hear your latest Band-in-a-Box® song! Don't be shy - post it as a reply, or head to our User Showcase Forum to share it there!

New to Band-in-a-Box® and unsure of how to get started? We have a few resources to help you out!

Forums - packed with helpful program users!
Online Manual - specifically "Chapter 2: QuickStart" (Mac users, click here.)
Support Videos - sorted for easy searching! All of these are also shared on our YouTube Channel.

Of course, you can always reach out to our team directly too! www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

The Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" Mode! #TBT

Did you know... the "Plug-in" mode was first launched with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows!

With the 2010 "Plug-in" mode, Band-in-a-Box® opened as a small always-on-top window, and acted as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you could Drag-and-drop MIDI and audio (WAV) tracks from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer. You could work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer’s track at the desired track and bar location.

To learn more about the new features that were launched with Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows, check out Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" mode feature highlighted in our Band-in-a-Box® 2010 New Features Video at 10:50!

The "Plug-in" mode development didn't stop there - With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 we introduced the "Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin" which now works DIRECTLY INSIDE YOUR DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, PreSonus, etc.). Learn more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - No Sound with MIDI?

Have you ever experienced a No Sound issue when you're working with MIDI in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac?

We have an online tutorial that can walk you through some troubleshooting to resolve this, but why not check out our newest YouTube video instead?

Click here to watch...

Of course, you can always reach out to us directly if you're in need of assistance with the program!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Feature Browser! #TipTuesday

Don't underestimate the power of the Feature Browser added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020! This is a GREAT resource when you "know that you knew a feature" but just can't quite remember how to find it!

Simply click on the [?] at the top of the program (near the Mixer on the right) to launch this feature. From there, simply type in your query, or choose from the long list that appears in the Feature Browser window. If you're typing it in, you'll see that list change to only show the results that could fit your search - once you find what you're looking for, you can read more about it when you choose [Manual], if there's a video for the feature you can choose [Video] to view it, OR - if you don't need to read about the feature and just want to USE it, choose [Do it] and you're all set!

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video:

10:19 - New Feature - Feature Browser

Give the Gift of Music with Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you wait too long to purchase flowers, a card, or book a restaurant for Valentine's Day? Or, maybe material gifts just aren't your thing?

Why not whip together a song in Band-in-a-Box? It's as easy as typing in some chords, choosing a style, and pressing play!

Or, take it a step further with the help of the Audio Chord Wizard and our StylePicker Song Titles Browser feature!
How???
-Use the Audio Chord Wizard to analyze their favorite song and provide you with the chord progression
-Take that chord progression and start a new project in Band-in-a-Box (choose "Erase the Audio WAV file in BB" | Enable style)
-Head to the StylePicker window, search for a style for that song using the "Song Titles Browser" Feature (top right)
-Choose from the list provided
-Press Play!

Like what you hear? Save it, and viola!

Forum Stats
31260 Members
63 Forums
62551 Topics
529327 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Sajj, PhoenixPhyre, DThor, aldosax, Ice Box

31260 Registered Users