Index
#562828 - 11/06/19 04:32 PM [User Showcase] Time by Jubilee Reed
Loc: Windsor, Ontario
Marty Ricciotti Offline
Apprentice

Time

Time by Jubilee Reed
A Valentine’s Day gift to her (at the time) boy friend (and now) husband.
Double tracked the vocals. Two separate takes panned left and right.
All harmonies by Jubilee.
All guitar tracks by Jubilee
Her Husband Mark plays bass on this song (not as many notes as the original BIAB player but not too shabby at all!)
On the little guitar riff sections Jubile is also singing melody and harmony “oo’s”!

Time
Jubilee Reed

Don’t think about the things you could have done
Let the sun shine on our backs, take some time to relax
How many hours have we been sitting here?
People with their dogs pass by, thinking we’re just wasting time

But time is never wasted
My time is never wasted with you

How can I start to say how much it means to me
That you are willing to tell me what you’re feeling?
Your heart is beautiful, I hope you know
It’s drawing me close to you like it’s supposed to do

My time is never wasted

I hope you know
You made me realize how much I love you
Oh, I’ll let you know
You made me realize that I love you
Oh, I hope you know
You made me realize how much I love you
Oh, I’ll let you know
You made me realize that I love you

My time is never wasted
My time is never wasted, no
My time is never wasted

***** Song Summary *************
Title: Time
Key=C , Tempo 128, Length (m:s)=3:48
Style is _SOFTROK.STY (Dreamy Soft Rock)
We used all the tracks at first then gradually removed some as we went along.

RealTracks in style: 1262:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningHeld Ev 120
RealDrums in style: RockSoftEven8^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare Ride

Actual instruments.
Finger style acoustic guitar and strummed acoustic guitar throughout (they play alone during the last chorus) and swap sides left to right too here
Octave higher acoustic picking from Verse 2 to last chorus.
3 midi keyboard tracks from 2nd chorus to bridge

#562919 - 11/07/19 07:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nicely done smile I really enjoyed the vocals on this, and it has a delightful modern sound. It almost reminds of certain songs by Neko Case. It flows really well, and I found the mix profession and concise.

Thanks for sharing!

#563013 - 11/07/19 03:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
sslechta Offline
Veteran

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Loved how the vocals were double tracked. She did a good job keeping them fairly alike and they give a nice stereo effect panning them hard left/right.

No noise or pops that I can find on this one, LOL. Keep up the good work!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#563085 - 11/08/19 12:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
I like this one the best among the ones you've posted with Jubilee. This one really connects with me melodically. Radio quality iMHO.

#563088 - 11/08/19 12:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi Marty,

this is very nice in every respect: Great composition, good backing-track (only remark: I think there are RealDrums that would fit the song more smoothly), and the vocals are amazing.

Really cool stuff, like it a lot.

Cheers,

Stefan

#563104 - 11/08/19 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Marty Ricciotti Offline
Apprentice

Hi Steve: yes we were getting much better at recording by the time we got to this song.
We Started about a year ago with a goal of releasing a 4 song EP in Nov this year. Lots of learning as we went along.

Hey Stefan...Interesting comment about the drums. Jubilee often said she thought the drums had too many "random" fills. She was after me to remove some of them.
But I thought they were ok and never did anything about it.

But now you have my curiosity bug on high alert to review the drums....

I guess this mixing business is never done and one can always think of something to do better.

Thanks so much to all.

#563182 - 11/08/19 11:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
This is really beautiful!! She has a great voice....beautiful tone and tons of emotion!! I LOVE THIS!!!! Take care. Greg

#563212 - 11/08/19 03:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Outstanding, every single part.

Jubilee is masterful, and shines with her beautiful vocal skills.

The mix doesn't get in the way of anything.

Everything about this is quality, quality, quality.
BIAB & RB2022 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#563250 - 11/08/19 09:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Gulf Coast
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Loc: Gulf Coast
Great song! Love it. My fav of the ones I've heard so far. I'm listening on headphones and I had to get used to the left/right panning - more used to a center vox with left/right doubles on sides instead of just harmony coming in on center. So I had trouble making out all the lyrics. The second time I listened (not surprised and focused on the panning) I read the lyrics as the song was playing and I liked the "different" sound. Still, I'm wondering if you couldn't get that same ethereal feeling with a more standard doubles panning approach but production is such a personal choice. If whatever genre she's going for uses this technique then I'd keep it, if not I might rethink it. One thing for sure, I'm a fan of her voice and songwriting.

#563270 - 11/08/19 11:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Online   content
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Mr. Marty,

Has a very R.E.M. type sound to this song; nice harmonies, and strong vocal. Part of me was looking for maybe a bit of a change up in the latter choruses or maybe bridge . . but as it is it works very well. Terrific listen!

Best regards,

Deej

#563275 - 11/09/19 01:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Veteran

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Nice job, Marty
I listened on a non-technical basis lol and enjoyed it.
Great song, great mix and great voice.
Thanks for posting
Ian
Remember a Mix is never finished, it is simply abandoned. smile

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1

#603675 - 06/25/20 04:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time by Jubilee Reed [Re: Marty Ricciotti]
Marty Ricciotti Offline
Apprentice

Dear all who took the time to comment on these songs.
Thanks you so much.
Great support from the PG forum!
and today June 26 2020, Jubilee Reed has released her EP Time to the world on a all music platforms.

PG Music News
How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Gabriel Mark Hasselbach

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by Endorsing Artist Gabriel Mark Hasselbach: https://youtu.be/86DOXpAbf7I

"I have been using Band-in-a-Box since my Atari days and the program has grown and blossomed like a hothouse flower! My history of 10 Billboard hits, 14 albums, Juno awards, Album of the Year Award, and JazzWeek charting has all been interwoven with Band in the Box. A great tool for songwriting, arranging, preproduction, and even finished projects. Visionary work PG Music!"
- Gabriel Mark Hasselbach

Learn more about Gabriel Mark Hasselbach.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Deutsch für Macintosh ist verfügbar!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Deutsch für Macintosh
Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks (20 mehr als in früheren Versionen), neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Künstler Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, neue "wiedergebbare RealTracks" Hi-Q Sounds, 2 Sets von "RealDrums Stems" und mehr!

Paket | Was ist neu?

Forum Stats
36532 Members
64 Forums
75682 Topics
666902 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Ricky100, WilliamE, Joresar84, Radioly, John Simons

36532 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 163