You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#566118 - 11/24/19 05:46 PM [User Showcase] Your Kiss (feat. Sierra)
Loc: Chicago and Twin Cities
Bob P Offline
Enthusiast

Your Kiss (feat. Sierra)

I thought I would post this new version with a new women singer. I also changed with a few lyrics. Trying to do something positive tonight since I lost a lot of my work including this working file in Logic Pro.

If any of you use iCloud to store music projects please see my warning in the Apple Mac forum--Logic Pro isn't compatible with iCloud so don't save projects there without another backup. I learned the hard way and lost five years of song ideas.

BIAB RealTracks included
RealTracks in style: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in style: ~364:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 065
RealTracks in style: ~368:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1593:Fiddle, Background Pop16ths Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 2691:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBalladBrentSimple Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1167:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockBalladBrent Ev 065
RealDrums in Style: NashvilleEven16^5-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Lyrics:

Your Kiss Changed Everything

Verse (1)
I stopped believing in love
It’s like some fool just made it up
I built my walls as tall as heaven
Didn’t think I needed anyone

Chorus
But I found you in my lonely place
When I thought there was no way
I could ever love
You stole my heart, you were a thief that I needed
Oh I’ll never be the same
Cause your kiss changed everything

Verse (2)
We sat for hours in your truck
Until that morning sun came up
You were everything I wanted
It took one look and I was in love

Chorus
I could ever love

Bridge:
Against all odds
Against all my fears
You healed my heart
You dried my tears

Chorus
I could ever love

© 2019 Robert M Poznanovich, BMI

#566159 - 11/24/19 08:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Bob P]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Bob,
Lovely work.
There's some "cracks" or clips at the beginning of some phrases in the vocal - the very 1st syllable is a clear example. Could be the compressor kicking in, a touch of plosive or a little too hot for the recording level.
Easy fix - either by resetting the comp or my manual reduction in the pre fx volume envelope.
Lovely story and backing - wonderfully emotive singing too.
I did find the guitar solo a little thin, aggressive and lacking the warmth of the rest of the song. That may be a simple matter of EQing some back in or using a gentle saturator.
Top stuff.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#566176 - 11/25/19 12:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Bob P]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Sensational. I had to immediately turn the volume up further. This song needs every bit of attention possible.

The vocals and harmonies are outstanding. Absolutely everything is outstanding.

This is absolutely worthy of airplay.

Work in progress? Ha, who are you kidding?
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#566290 - 11/25/19 10:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Bob P]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Beautiful song!! Really well done in every way! Vocals are wonderful.....where did you find her? As much as I love Brent, I think that guitar is a bit too heavy for this tune. Great job!!! Take care. Greg

#566344 - 11/25/19 01:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Bob P]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Lovely vocal. Super back track. Well done

#566464 - 11/25/19 09:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Bob P]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! One of the best things I've heard here on the Showcase. Great work.

#566604 - 11/26/19 07:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Bob P]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a lovely tune smile A truly gorgeous song. Your vocals are super sweet on this one, and it flows beautifully well. Those harmonies are seriously top notch, and the mixing work on this is stunning too. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if I heard this on the radio.

Thanks for sharing!

#566642 - 11/26/19 10:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Bob P]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Its been a while...
So I'm glad to see a post from you...
Another nice one from you...
I also like that line "you were a thief that I needed"...
Perhaps it could possibly be a more descriptive title for your song...

#566721 - 11/26/19 12:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Bob P]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Loved that intro and the way the song builds. Your instrumentation is spot on for this song. Your vocal is very strong but those lyrics are exceptional. So don't change a thing.

This is one of the best on this forum.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#566777 - 11/26/19 05:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Bob P]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The versus and chorus are all equally powerful. Thanks for sharing!

#566791 - 11/26/19 06:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Jim]
Bob P Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback. This is the non mastered version. I recently lost the Logic Pro project files to this song so I need to recreate everything again including all the original piano and the edits to BIAB. I do have 2 of the 3 BIAB songs that were pieced into the song and the vocals.

I was really upset with myself for not having checked my backups to insure they were good.

I needed this push of confidence to start working on this again which you’re comments have provided me.

Edited by Bob P (11/26/19 06:13 PM)

#566909 - 11/27/19 06:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Bob P]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi Bob,

that's a classic and classy ballad - very nice from A-Z.
The lady sings extremely beautifully, great backing track.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Cheers,

Stefan

Edited by Crossroads (11/27/19 06:14 AM)

#569436 - 12/08/19 09:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Your Kiss (feat. Sierra) [Re: Bob P]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Bob,

I've just had a listen to this version of "Your Kiss".

It's excellent. Everything sits so well together and the singer really does a fine, fine job with your lyrics and melody.

This is wonderful listening.

Regards,
Noel

PG Music News
The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Video - How to Transpose a Region of a Band-in-a-Box® Song

Want to learn how to transpose just one chorus of your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Check out our latest video, shared to the I want a video that shows me how to... forum: https://youtu.be/XiMrgtQ7u14

Forum Stats
33062 Members
68 Forums
66597 Topics
566583 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
pagodadogs, Juan romero, Gpredator, John Evans, donklein

33061 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Janice & Bud 146
Planobilly 134