Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#568394 - 12/03/19 11:41 AM [User Showcase] Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A duet.
With the usual suspects.

EVERY LITTLE PIECE OF MY HEART

that first look
the way your eyes lingered
i couldn't catch my breath
i took that long fall
i won't deny it
i'm wrapped around your finger
i won't lie, boy
you could have it all

every little piece of my heart is yours for the taking
   you know i surrendered right from the start
   the touch of your lips leaves me trembling and shaking
   deep down in to every little piece of my heart

a miracle each morning
you're the first thing i see
your mystery, your magic
mesmerizing me
you whisper "i love you"
i hear angels sing
nothing i wouldn't do
to be your everything

every little piece of my heart is yours for the taking
   you know i surrendered right from the start
   the touch of your lips leaves me trembling and shaking
   deep down in to every little piece of my heart

Duet Partner: Janice Merritt

The BAND:
RealTracks in style: ~904:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothCool Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: 2202:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryCrossoverBrent Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: 1825:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveHeld Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 1684:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPromiseCrispHeld Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: 636:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RootsRockDirty Ev 100 (A:held)
RealTracks in song: 1000:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzyHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2585:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PunkHeldPlus Ev 165
Royalty Free Loops

Thanks, Sis! You. Are. The. Best.
Thanks, Bud, for recording Janice's vocal...

Hope y'all enjoy it.
Comments encouraged.

fj

#568406 - 12/03/19 12:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Excellent, yep, excellent.
the only nit that stuck out was the bass tone in the intro - it's a bit aggressive/toppy when that naked though it sits perfectly for the rest of the song.
The outro is wonderful.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#568408 - 12/03/19 01:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I knew I was going to love this before I even pressed play, the duets you do with Janice are always just so good!

A little different feel wise than what I'm used to from you, but, I like it.

Nice build, I always like hearing that in a song.

Janice sounds awesome! And your vocal sounds great too, a little more reverb than you normally use? And then when both voices come together ... just such a perfect blend. Love the tradeoffs too.

Band sounds great and killer mix as usual.

It seemed much shorter than 3:22, and that's a good thing I guess!

Excellent floyd and Janice, really enjoyed this one!

Blue Attitude Website

#568438 - 12/03/19 03:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
What an intro Floyd (very creative)! I like Janice's approach to the vocal on this (sounds a little different for her but excellent...maybe a little more of a pop sound than country). Great harmony with each other in this! As usual the production is flawless to my ears! Not to mention that this is a great tune! The fade out work very well!! Thanks, Torrey

#568451 - 12/03/19 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Floyd & Janice,
Its great when a duet makes you wait for the duet part and then its even better than expected!
Such a good build to the arrangementand the long fade works too.
I enjoyed the romantic swing side of your partnership!

Robert

Edited by Robertkc (12/03/19 04:02 PM)

#568464 - 12/03/19 04:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

This was pretty cool. I enjoyed hearing Janice getting out of the blues track and doing something different. Nicely done.

I don't think the guitar solo fit as well as it should have. Tone was a factor.
Trading off on the verses was cool and expected. I was waiting for the diet part. The chorus Harmony was good and sounded nice after the solo verses.

All in all it was a pleasure listening.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#568472 - 12/03/19 06:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Great performance and band choice.
Congrats to all involved. Rob4580

#568473 - 12/03/19 06:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I knew I was going to love this before I even pressed play, the duets you do with Janice are always just so good!

A little different feel wise than what I'm used to from you, but, I like it.

Nice build, I always like hearing that in a song.

Janice sounds awesome! And your vocal sounds great too, a little more reverb than you normally use? And then when both voices come together ... just such a perfect blend. Love the tradeoffs too.

Band sounds great and killer mix as usual.

It seemed much shorter than 3:22, and that's a good thing I guess!

Excellent floyd and Janice, really enjoyed this one!

Thank you Dave! Bud and I are always excited when floyd invites us in on a project.

Janice

#568477 - 12/03/19 06:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Floyd and Janice
A duet featuring you two was never going to disappoint, and it sure didn't. You sound SO good together.
Regards,
Leon

#568502 - 12/03/19 08:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The lyrics really blew me away, and the use of RealTracks in this song were just phenomenal. Thanks for sharing!

#568507 - 12/03/19 09:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Floyd and Janice—

Well, as usual, the usual suspects are guilty . . . of turning out another terrific tune. Two outstanding vocals—really crisp and complimentary. Has a sentimental 70s type sound, but still fresh and new. So sweetly and expertly done.

Hope you are both well!

Regards,

Deej

#568522 - 12/03/19 10:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
This is perfect. Just perfect. Janice's voice is at its classic best and, when floyd comes in ... wow. The tune is so laid back (love it that it's so melodic and relaxed) and the lyrics are a dream to listen to. Whatever you guys are having for breakfast that produces such amazing talent and end results - I want some :-) Well done!

#568525 - 12/03/19 10:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
The melody took some interesting turns that my ear really appreciated. And then the way you both put such a nice skipping effect on "every little piece of my heart" made it a super hook. Of course, the singing was as good as it gets, and the production was primo.

#568536 - 12/04/19 01:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Floyd, Janice and Bud,

This is another very nice song where the three of you are involved in!
The melody lingered in my head, long after the song ended.
I saw that originally the song was made for a man to sing, but Janices' voice is a great addition to it.
and it only asked for a changing of one word (girl - boy). But in this duet both voices sound perfect!

Also the instruments are well chosen for this type of song. But they sound so very bright (in my headphone). almost as if I was standing next to them. How did you do that?

Hans

#568570 - 12/04/19 05:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
What an intro Floyd (very creative)! I like Janice's approach to the vocal on this (sounds a little different for her but excellent...maybe a little more of a pop sound than country). Great harmony with each other in this! As usual the production is flawless to my ears! Not to mention that this is a great tune! The fade out work very well!! Thanks, Torrey

I appreciate that Torrey. Bud says I couldn’t go pop even if you put a firecracker in my mouth! We first heard Randy Travis say that smile

J&B

#568593 - 12/04/19 08:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Nice work on this - I like how poppy it is, definitely not the usual from Janice but it works fantastically well. Love the harmonies here, and thought the production was top notch.

Thanks for sharing smile

#568666 - 12/04/19 02:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: Robertkc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd & Janice,
Its great when a duet makes you wait for the duet part and then its even better than expected!
Such a good build to the arrangementand the long fade works too.
I enjoyed the romantic swing side of your partnership!

Robert

Thank you Robert! floyd's great production and arrangement got mine and Bud's attention right from the beginning.

Janice

#568670 - 12/04/19 03:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
This is one of those songs that I can't tell you where it places with me; all I know is I really like it. I don't mean places, as in 1st, 2nd...but more along the lines of genre. Honestly, I don't care. Great is great.

I could almost have seen this being a Stevie Nicks/Tom Petty song. Again, it's not necessarily in their genres; but they went for great and this song has it.

That being said, you two sound fantastic on it! Which is a REAL testament to all THREE of you! It's very easy to listen to this and completely forget that the two of you aren't actually singing together OR even on the exact same equipment! That shows a certain recording prowess that says it all.

The arrangement it subtly doing so many things to keep you engaged without being obnoxious...or probably even obvious. But it is SO there! I can't tell you the appreciation I have for that!

The mood hits me perfectly. Great melodic and supporting choices. I really love the grove and how it's played with. To sing with groove is something that is often over looked AND rather difficult to do. The builds with tension and releases from not only the harmonic content but the choice of what when is so great to hear.

...and it's now stuck in my head! It's a happy stuck though. wink

You three are retired? When's the tour? smile

Edited by HearToLearn (12/04/19 03:30 PM)
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#568681 - 12/04/19 04:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
This was very different from your other song in a good way. Vocals were awesome and loved the guitar. Really engaging piece of music. Well done

#568695 - 12/04/19 06:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Every Little Piece Of My Heart - Duet w/ Janice Merritt [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Chicago, IL
EdZ314 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Chicago, IL
This is very good song, and very good performance. Nice vocals, great lyrics and a pleasant blend in the duet portion. This song has some legs, I'm telling you.

If you wanted to put a bit more swing in there and some more aggressive arranging and instrumentation, it could also work really well in that style too. I think its great as it stands, no need to change it, but a really good song can have several excellent variations and still cut it.

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Add-ons Special ENDING! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still A LITTLE time left to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

ORDER NOW! OUR SPECIAL ENDS JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

RealBand® Turns 12!

RealBand® for Windows® is your all-in-one audio workstation and accompaniment program, and if you've purchased a copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows in the last decade, it's been included in your purchase!

We released RealBand in July 2008, along with Band-in-a-Box® 2008.5.

"RealBand brings a new level of ease and flexibility to anyone creating recordings. Record your own tracks, type in the chords, pick a style, and then add any MIDI or audio (Real) tracks to follow your chords - all in a single program. For example, type in chords to your song, generate a RealDrums track, record in your guitar and vocal parts. Then put on your 'arranger' hat and have some fun automatically adding RealTracks - maybe a guitar solo, or pedal steel background for the bridge."

We hope everyone enjoys using RealBand, which combines some great features from our PowerTracks Pro Audio program with the powerful accompaniment features from Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Spanish for Windows is Here!

¡Hay más de 50 nuevas características en Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Hay mejoras en RealTracks (RealTracks Vocal de Sonido más Suave, RealTracks Engrosamiento, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" y MultiRiffs). La mayoría de los RealDrums ahora tienen RealCharts (con notación de batería precisa). Hay un nuevo navegador de Artistas RealTracks para encontrar información / biografías / enlaces / listas de RealTracks en todos los artistas. Un nuevo Navegador de Funciones permite al usuario nuevo u "olvidadizo" encontrar y usar fácilmente la mayoría de las funciones / teclas de acceso rápido / documentos desde una sola ventana. Ecualizar Tempo permite cambiar una canción de rubato grabada a un tempo fijo. Tiempo de audio mejorado / estiramiento de tono (Elastique) incluido. Hay mejoras en el Selector de Canciones, Bajo/Batería o Batería solo Auto-Intros, 3.400 títulos añadidos, mejoras MusicXML, guitarra para "Zurdos" y "Vista de estudiante", mejoras de Arrastrar y Soltar, Ventana Múltiple del Mago del Acorde de Audio y mucho más!

COMPRE/ACTUALIZE Y DESCARGUE YA!

Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

Forum Stats
32478 Members
68 Forums
65176 Topics
552259 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
balayzell, Martasss, mmccarrell, Beanpole, Lou S

32477 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 184
Jim Fogle 153