Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#568839 - 12/05/19 11:32 AM [User Showcase] There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Here is another Christmas song I'd like to share ...
A story about the year when there was no Christmas...
Its different from my usual country songs...
And I hope you enjoy it.

There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes

Well there won't be no Christmas this year
No there won't be no Christmas this year
Santa got mugged by the LA cops
Twenty of them really roughed him up
So there won't be no Christmas this year

He was stopped somewhere they say in East LA
Both tail lights were out on his sleigh
They say his horses were so dead stoned
It must have been the junk that he kept them on
They had mutated ears and they thought they could fly away

Well I saw the tape some one made of the incident
But unnecessary force wasn't evident
When he was brought down by the one who made the stop
He moved his head so they wised him up
Until he resisted no more on the cold cement

So there won't be no Christmas this year
No there won't be no Christmas this year
Santa and his gang are now in jail
Since they ain't crooked no one pays their bail
And there won't be no Christmas this year
Only bass & some drums remain...
The rest was scored with Music Printer Plus (Temporal Acuity Products)

#568846 - 12/05/19 11:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hey Jim,

Man, talk about pushing the sides of the envelope!!

This is so different from what I'm used to hearing from you, I had no idea you had a rock side!

Love that riff, drums are cool too, great vocal!

I love this, well done!

#568847 - 12/05/19 11:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Jim, this is a masterpiece. The lyrics are inspired and the music is hard-hitting. Well done.

My music on Amazing Radio USA

#568859 - 12/05/19 01:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Much enjoyed Jim,
Like the lyrics and the music.
Somewhat surreal and very well done.
Cheers.

#568873 - 12/05/19 03:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
LMAO, funniest thing I've heard in a long time!! Great work, this should be in rotation on any radio station that plays all-Christmas. Way to go!

#568943 - 12/06/19 12:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Dystopian Christmas - sounds like an Australian Mob - The Beasts of Bourbon.
Very good fun and lots going on.
My hearing suggests there's more treble happening on the left.
Your vocals are the stand out feature - cooool.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#569005 - 12/06/19 11:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
That was really something completely different smile Not just from you but on the forum. Really made me smile, good to have some humorous Christmas tune for a while. Enjoyable heavy rock instrumentation and your vocal fits like beard on Santa. Thanks Jim for your Holiday surprise!

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#569016 - 12/06/19 12:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hey Jim,

This is so different from what I'm used to hearing from you, I had no idea you had a rock side!

I love this, well done!

Had to quote Dave on this. Nail on the head.

This is AWESOME!

This is ONE song I wouldn't mind hearing many Christmases in a row...

Truly Original.

fj

#569073 - 12/06/19 07:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Jim Offline
Expert

Quote:

BlueAttitude

I love this, well done!

Thanks
Dave
Even though you’re making me blush…
Your comments & support are always appreciated.

Quote:

musician17
Jim, this is a masterpiece. The lyrics are inspired and the music is hard-hitting. Well done.

Thanks
James
Wow … Hard hitting music & inspired lyrics… Awesome words,,,

Quote:

RichMac
Much enjoyed Jim,
Like the lyrics and the music.
Somewhat surreal and very well done.
Cheers.

Thanks
Richard
“Somewhat surreal and very well done”…
Those comments & your support are greatly appreciated.

#569305 - 12/08/19 04:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Wow loved this. I too loved the riff in the song. Maybe a touch of Nirvana. Wowser.

#569349 - 12/08/19 11:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Jim,
Thank you for surprising me with that Christmas gut punch!!
Really good/bad attitude comes through on the vocals and the lyrics are the best darkly funny Christmas song I`ve heard in a long time.
Way to go for letting us hear this side of your music.

Robert

#569423 - 12/08/19 07:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Jim

Excellent work - quite a different Christmas feel!

Clever and entertaining.

Peter

#569455 - 12/09/19 02:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Dear Jim,

I don't know where to begin, because everything about this song is so incredibly good.

I'm not that much into Christmas songs, I must admit, but I must agree with Floyd: I'd really like to hear more of that style !

What an intro - I simply wouldn't trust my ears and had to make sure I had not accidentally clicked another song - BRILLIANT !

The lyrics are amazing - yes, funny at first sight, even very funny. But I'm more than sure that this is a bitter parabel on incidents that sadly enough happen to be real. And if that is so, I think there's far mor Christian expressiveness in your lines than in most of those Christmas tunes that are tootling in the malls this time of the year.

And BTW, it is exactly the way I love serious issues to be approached - it's 'Hats off' simply for those lyrics.

Your Vocal is just perfect for that song, the arrangement si stunning !

Jim, old cowboy that I thought you were: If I may utter a request: Please write and perform more, many more songs of that genre - you're simply too good in that to deny us the fruits of that talent.

You see: I'm stunned, excited and mostz impressed by this one.

Thanks for posting that gem. Oh yes: I really enjoud that really corresponding vide - nice job on this one, too!

Take care,

Stefan

PS: Of course I couldn't help remebering one of my favorite Arlo Guthrie tunes which was very funny, too, but also transported a cause:

The Pause of Mr Claus

Edited by Crossroads (12/09/19 02:16 AM)

#569546 - 12/09/19 12:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Jim Offline
Expert

Quote:

TuneMonger
LMAO, funniest thing I've heard in a long time!! Great work, this should be in rotation on any radio station that plays all-Christmas. Way to go!

Thanks
Bob
Where can we find that station wink?
Still your comments & support are always appreciated.

#569553 - 12/09/19 12:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Jim Offline
Expert

Quote:

rayc
Dystopian Christmas - sounds like an Australian Mob - The Beasts of Bourbon.
Very good fun and lots going on.
My hearing suggests there's more treble happening on the left.
Your vocals are the stand out feature - cooool.

Thanks
Ray
Dystopian Christmas smile
A good song title…
But I think its been done…

I checked out The Beasts of Bourbon…
Pretty cool…
Maybe someday I’ll steal from them smile

Thanks again…

BTW…
About the treble...
You may be correct...
I can’t hear out of my right ear right now…
Everything seems to be mono in my left ear wink .

#569571 - 12/09/19 01:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
This is not a traditional Christmas song; but could become a new tradition! I suggest reposting it next year again.

Cool song that I didn't see coming. A lot of fun. I think I hurt my neck headbanging. You really should have a disclaimer for that kind of thing.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#569586 - 12/09/19 03:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Queensland, Australia
mkg50 (Mike G) Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Queensland, Australia
This is the surprise packet of the season - Big Bad Jim getting down and dirty, turning Christmas music on its head.
Jim, this is inspired. Your voice, the riff, the sound and arrangement just work together to make a great song. Loved the vid too.
Thanks for sharing this and brightening our Christmas.
Scary Christmas grin ,
Mike

Edited by mkg50 (Mike G) (12/09/19 03:20 PM)

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172

#569769 - 12/10/19 03:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
WOW, quite a departure for you Jim!! Kind of a dark weird punk rock thing........But it works great!! I think you nailed it!! Take care. Greg

#569963 - 12/11/19 01:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Jim, this is awesome!!! I was expecting something different for sure coming from you...perhaps something with a country flavor! If this a had a couple of distorted guitars in it, it would be an Alice Cooper tune...yes you heard right Alice Cooper!! That is a compliment btw! It's strangely beautiful and something that just leads you on...hard to turn away from! Thoroughly enjoyed by me...great to hear something in a different genre from you! Thanks, Torrey

#570003 - 12/11/19 04:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes [Re: Jim]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
What a wild ride, Jim. Love the instrumentation! Top-notch lyrics. Ha!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Feature: Utility Tracks

Have you ever wanted to use more than 5 tracks when creating your Band-in-a-Box® song? Great news.... with the new Utility Tracks added in Band-in-a-Box® 2021, there are 16 more tracks!

These can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks to the Utility Tracks where you can listen to AND edit them and view the RealCharts as MIDI. You can also record to these tracks (MIDI or audio), and import your audio for further editing or to harmonize it.

We explain all the great ways to use the Utility Tracks in this video.

Read more about this feature: Windows | Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Review – Users' Dreams Come True

Read all about what "Dr. Dave" Walker thinks of his latest copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with his review, Band-in-a-Box for Mac 2021 – Users' Dreams Come True.

"2021 is a big leap forward to the best Band-in-a-Box for Mac yet! If you have been putting off upgrading, or even if not, NOW is the time to upgrade! And if you haven't got it yet, you owe it to yourself to get Band-in-a-Box 2021.

Maybe the most important point from all the talk about this version is that PG Music is listening to you, their customers. So if you have a feature that you really want in the program, write to them or chat from their web site. Let them know and yours just might be the next feature added."
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thanks again Dr. Dave for your enthusiastic feedback, we're thrilled that you love what we've done with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Mac ist hier!

Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 umd 11, und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Mac Special - ENDS TODAY (July 15th)

It's the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac special!

Save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT TODAY (July 15, 2021)!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac at: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

The FREE Bonus PAK & 49-PAK are packed with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2021 packages, but for even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you have any questions, contact us -we're here to help!

Xtra Styles PAK 11 - Special Ends on Thursday!

Our Xtra Styles PAKs Special ENDS at 11:59pm PDT on July 15th!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

Order during our special and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special (ending July 15th), all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until July 15th, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Special - Ends Thursday!

It's almost over! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac special ends this Thursday (July 15th)!

Save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Thursday (July 15, 2021)!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac at: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

The FREE Bonus PAK & 49-PAK are packed with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2021 packages, but for even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you have any questions, contact us -we're here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 59 of Your Problems Solved!

Are you wondering what's new with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows?

Watch our latest video, which presents a list of the 59 of Your Problems Solved with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

For a written Q&A list, visit our 59 of Your Problems Solved page for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

Forum Stats
34664 Members
66 Forums
70163 Topics
605333 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
willrobinson, Percy Butler, Philby, RRR1955, Peter King

34663 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 128
Pipeline 125