Go To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
Brian is ARA 2 out now and is that what Presonus uses? Never mind dumb question I remember now it was released about two years ago with version 4.

Last edited by Rob Helms; 12/26/19 02:25 AM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have found this discussion very interesting and have thought about it allot. My 2 cents. I will say that one of the things I value about this forum is the user base has passion for the product.

User Base - Younger musicians today are faced with so many choices. I can remember when I started I had Cakewalk DOS and could make 3 note music and thought that was great. When BIAB came along I was amazed as I am with the DAW market and available features today. I work in a company that is tech based and whether we like it or not have heard the 20 to 30 crowd make the comment that if the interface doesn't meet their modern ideas they feel it is sketchy and not a real product. User interfaces matter to them.

DAW Development - If I was PG I probably wouldn't pursue building out a DAW. It is a saturated market with some big players. When a company like BandLab gives Cakewalk away for free and it competes with many of the other players you have to have something really special to have any margin in the product. That is why the plug-in makes so much sense as a path forward. BIAB really excels in high quality arrangement and production of songs whether covers or originals. That is their value add to the marketplace in my opinion.

Music Today - It does seem like on Social Media EDM is king. Try looking up music apps on Youtube. A large percentage of the folks are using Ableton because of it's ability to use loops, clips and other tools that EDM folks use. It's midi implementation is just nuts. In the Worship scene for churches Worship leaders use it because the can control the music, the lights the words for presentation, etc. all from one application. What I find interesting however it that this year at our Christmas party we had a DJ. The young people didn't want to hear EDM, instead they like to stand around in a group and dance and sing songs from the 70's and 80's. This generation has the most eclectic and diverse taste in music I can remember in my brief time on earth. (Ok over half a century but in the scope of eternity a short time)

Path Forward - I would like to see focus on the Plug-in and continued feature development to allow even more integration with the major DAW's I find Cubase especially interesting because they already have a chord track that allows you to create accompaniment though not nearly as easily as BIAB. I don't think I have seen anyone say this but I would like to see PG develop an iOS app that could be used as at least a starting place and then import into BIAB. I can't tell you how many times on an airplane or in a hotel I wished I could pull up a simple version of BIAB on my iPad and work on a song. They already have the MAC version of BIAB so I have to believe the have the capability. Android would be nice too, however that doesn't seem to be as mature of a music platform.

I guess only PG really knows what their strategic plans are for the future. I just hope that Peter has a good transition plan for the company when it is his time to pass the torch. There is still a lot of potential in the concept and software.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Terry

TerryB

Windows 10, Dell 8700 XPS i7, 12MB Ram.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
TerryB,
I enjoyed reading your post.
Very balanced.

The single thing, that I see keeps echoing from one forum thread to another is "EDM"...
Terry, you are correct, kids like GOOD vintage music. I take my son to rollerskating rink every week, and young kids (7-12) skate with the same enthusiasm to modern EDMesque music as they do to Pop / Rock / R&B of 1960s-90s. And not even ONCE I heard anything negative about vintage tunes from them.

Good music is good music. I am strongly against BIAB (or plugin) to have certain "inclinations" targeting particular audience. You can add elephant load worth of loops and beats on demand, which are much easier to gather than finding talented musicians that can play acoustic instruments. In my opinion, the main thing is to make program & GUI snappy and appealing to people who will try it for the first time smile

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
My take on EDM and loop based music is that I see no point in PGmusic creating loops. Why? Because out there are many companies that sell sample packs for a very long time. And recently a few big players have started doing business with a subscription model.

So IMHO there isn't much to win for PGmusic with original content. OTOH making it easier to integrate loops is another thing. Yet another is having useful means to add a drum groove based on one-shot samples. Basically all that is missing is a sample player pre-configured to react on MIDI GM-2 notes. Perhaps an integratipon with Spice et al makes sense [1].

But to be honest, I don't think any EDM producer will consider BiaB unless he or she already knows their craft and seek for a way to break away from reusing samples, but get a jazzy piano riff or a short sax solo, etc tailored for their song.

And sad but true the whole UI is probably turning away lots of middle-ages users. It will IMHO turn away 99,99% of all youngsters out there. Personally I don't freak out because of it (old-fashioned graphic design but ok to use), but I'm a huge fan of a stream-lined consistent UI and BiaB is lacking in that regard all over the place. All of the dialogs are a mess! In contrast to what Rustyspoon wrote they have no appeal whatever. I grant that the veterans have lived with them perhaps for decades now and don't mind.

The only chance for this audience is a decent DAW integration with the plugin or a completely new UI for BiaB.

Masi

PS: A friend of mine who is in his fifties has started to play sax a couple of years ago. In terms of his taste (Jazz) and needs BiaB would be great for him. But he's not computery savvy, so I cannot recommend BiaB for him. He would be completely lost. The plugin wouldn't be of much help either. Only chance would be a version as if developed by Apple wink

[1] https://theedmguide.com/best-splice-sounds-alternatives

Band-in-a-Box, BiaB-plugin, Reaper, Win10 64bit, i7-8565U, 24GB RAM (always latest versions)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Getting back to ARA, here's the answer from Adar a few days ago in the Biab VST thread:

ARA provides some great functionality when it comes to communication between the plugin and host, however it is not very helpful in our case since audio files are statically generated by the plugins helper app (bbw4). This may change in the future but as of now we cannot fully utilize the ARA extension.

Another one of those things that sounds good but ain't happening because as has been said gazillions of times before Biab is not a DAW and it's not like any other music production app. At least we got a response from the developer this time, so many times we discuss stuff to death and never hear a peep from anybody.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
Rob,

Exactly, 2,000% agree!!!!!!

Realband should be a daw, fully compatible with biab!!!!

It's not hard to catch up.

RB WITH BIAB, will overtake any DAW bec of its primary unique feature: realracks

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
Originally Posted By: acidbent
Realband should be a daw, fully compatible with biab!!!!

It's not hard to catch up.

Catch up with which program? One of those?

Pro Tools 2019
Logic Pro X
Digital Performer 10
Ableton Live 10.1
Nuendo 10
Cubase 10
WaveLab 9.5
Main Stage 3
Garage Band 10
Audition 12
Premiere Pro 13
Final Cut Pro X
Studio One Professional 4
Media Composer 2019
FL Studio 20
REAPER 5
Reason 11
Maschine 2
Komplete Kontrol 2
Bitwig Studio 3
Cakewalk by BandLab 2019
Samplitude Pro X4
Sequoia 14
Pyramix 11

FYI: that's the list of hosts Waves tests its plugins with. Realband isn't on the list.

What I want to say is that the market is completely saturated. Actually I wonder why there are still so many out there. I even wonder more about Studio One. It has got so much traction in so short time. Seems the product has been backed with a big team and much money.

So no, IMHO it's not easy to catch up.

Originally Posted By: acidbent
RB WITH BIAB, will overtake any DAW bec of its primary unique feature: realracks

I don't think anyone would change their DAW because of realtracks. A DAW is all about supporting a personal workflow for a specific task.

BTW, for me realtracks offer a quick way to have instantly satisfying sound. But I don't think that you can make a serious production with the drums (you need multi-tracks for that) and guitars without DI tracks. I'd wich PGmusic would ship all the realtracks with a MIDI version so I can switch the souud if I wish to later on.

Masi

Band-in-a-Box, BiaB-plugin, Reaper, Win10 64bit, i7-8565U, 24GB RAM (always latest versions)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
The Biab Plugin will work in just about all those DAWs listed above.
We have DI guitars, we have the RealChart midi for most tracks though it's not recorded at the same time as the audio like the piano RealChart midi on the Yamaha digital piano PG uses, maybe if they used something like the Fishman TriplePlay when they record guitars would get a more accurate midi. The RealDrums should be Multi Stems soon hopefully. Also 48khz/24bit tracks is on the cards.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Masi

But I don't think that you can make a serious production with the drums (you need multi-tracks for that) and guitars without DI tracks.
Masi

I disagree regarding RealDrums - it's an absolute pain in the backside to get the stereo file right but it can be done as evidenced in this track...
https://soundcloud.com/rayc/mst-construction-paper-heart-pygmy-beat
The drums took quite an effort to pull off but I think they sound right for the track.
Multitrack options would be fabulous but I know from experience that mixing multi tracked drums is about the hardest task when mixing a song - the awful results that usually come with Easydrummer etc as also testament to this.
The guitars - I completely agree - most of the rock ones are over processed, (& often over played). DI files, or at least files with no pedals, unless indicated, and a clear indication of amp type and mic placement as well as nomenclature indicating type of guitar would be useful. I don't use RT guitars as I can always find a guitar player or do them myself and I'm not a fan of amp sims - no matter how expensive and GUI overdosed they are.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
To all: A great discussion. I offer a quick profile of my DAW/BBW use history and supporting hardware/instruments. I started with BBW 2004 and currently use BBW 2020. I'm primarily a guitarist, but also play keyboard/piano, and other instruments. In the early days I started with Cakewalk Home Studio, then Cubase (lower end version); updated to higher level Cubase, but gave it away due to the dongle shackle (I seldom do anything on line with my music PC) and the "phone home or you can't use the software" angle is completely unacceptable. Imagine you can't use the SW because the internet is down, or the dongle failed, or the company was sold or out of business and you bought a new PC and can’t transfer the software. I tried Abelton live (one-dimensional, awkward interface…recent versions have the same look and feel). I then used Digital Performer (DP) on a friends MAC. I didn’t want to buy a MAC (although in recent years DP became available on both PC/MAC). Then I bought Cakewalk Dimension Pro and SONAR 5 Studio edition (2005) that included other soft-synths. Really liked SONAR 5 and it was stable. A friend of mine showed me his Pro Tools (PT) setup. PT required PT’s proprietary Hardware...a deal breaker. Pro Tools then, and now costs more than I will spend for a DAW.

In 2012 I upgraded to SONAR X1 (some issues at first but subsequent patches cleared most issues for me). And don't laugh… I still use my Presonus Fire-Wire for my home studio audio/midi with Presonus drivers. I use an Edirol Fire-wire unit for my portable rack setup and therefore don’t need ASIO-for-All. My setups are plenty fast for my needs and don’t have to deal with USB bus congestion. I have the free version of Presonus Studio One 4, and it's actually pretty good. I only use it to help a few friends who have the higher level(s) Studio One.

In BBW when I can't get a solution musically I will do that part on guitar/keyboard. When a soft-synth doesn't cut it, I'll use one of my synth-enabled guitars or Yamaha Motif keyboard or Yamaha ES rack and record both MIDI and Audio from the instruments.

Creating notation in BBW isn’t for me, so I use Notion, Guitar-Pro, and an old version of Finale, or MuseScore depending on the situation. The same holds true for printing notation or Chord Charts. BBW recent MXL export improvements have helped when exporting to other applications.

For me, BB is a pallet upon which I take concepts/ideas and use the available BBW features as a first/second cut. Then into my DAW where I refine, rebuild, augment and hopefully achieve my original goal. I take advantage of what BBW has to offer, and fill in the blanks where it doesn't. Additionally, there are areas where I want complete control of the music composition process.

Given the various discussions on software development/maintenance/staffing topics, I'd offer my perspective and background. I'm in my 70's. I am now happily retired from my 50-plus career years in software/hardware development, system design/development and program management that goes back to the teletype and core-memory days (for you old-timer computer types). I've developed and managed development efforts in the low thousands to 100 million dollar range (high-end Super Computing), so I have a solid grasp of what companies/organizations face including Cost, Schedule, and Performance aspects. Typically, a system/application envisioned doing everything often results in some things performing well, others poorly or not at all, or worse, never making it to implementation or production.

Several excellent points and suggestions have been expressed (not just in this thread, but historically) and PGM has responded to and implemented several of them.
So, here's my suggestion to us users and recommendation to PGM.

USERS:
1. Consider refining the scope of suggestions/desired features/functions (user requirements) to what is practical (from the PGM's perspective as well).
2. If you need DAW capabilities, more robust/feature laden notation capabilities, consider obtaining those separately (and as others have said, some are free).
3. Consider the scope of BBW in identifying your needs and prioritize them.
PGM:
1. Assess the suggestions in this forum and wish lists to form an initial baseline of potential new features/functions (requirements) and feasibility thereof for the next major or subsequent release(s), or Roadmap. Understandably, some companies prefer not to produce product roadmaps, but it is useful and usually welcome to the customer/user base. For important features to users, consider giving the users a reasonable time frame (viz., major release).
2. Create a user focused survey based on this and related threads and BB wish lists. Yes, I know some hate surveys, but when conceived with users in mind surveys benefit both parties.

Respectfully Submitted,

Richard

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
1+

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
Many sequencer's are customizable. You can decide how to color various aspects of your work flow. Cakewalk for instance in X1 removed that features, and the fans screamed about it so they brought it back in x3. But with Biab you have over 50 video's explaining how to do different things with that program. Even at the oldest video's the features are still there. Maybe they get moved to different menus in later versions but 95% of the original product in Biab is there. It's like for example I own Pixarra Twisted Brush, which I think is a great program for digital painting. There is also a program called Corel Painter which has more formal videos made for it. (You have to subscribe to streaming services like VTC.com which every so often offer a $90 fee for a lifetime access to all their video courses well up to 2018. ) But you can only join at that fee by searching and finding a coupon for them. Virtual Training Network. There is also Safari Books online (now O'Reily books which has tons of video courses as well as books for every software, although some of them stop at a few versions back for example Reason 7 but they have courses on everything--except for Cakewalk--they used to but when Sonar was closed. They got rid of those books. but I study tutorials for other programs I don't have and look for the features on my particular software. (Again look for coupons to find Safari at 1/2 price which is well worth it. I wouldn't be able to subscribe to any of these services at full price!! Biab falls into a nitch but PG does a good job with their ecosystem, so I keep learning new things about it every day. and as far as Liberal education libraries the only one I know about is Questia. They cover no tech stuff but all the other subjects like Cival rights, philosophy, psychology math as a discussion, not teaching math! and logic, science how ceretain instruments evolved the mind of people. So I have that for everything that is non tech.

I'll continue it differently in the next blog

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
Interfaces are run by highlighting and Shortcut keys. Change the shortcut keys and you change the workflow. Workspaces are also modeled differently within genre's and (you could look at Reason for ideas' of how to do tricks from their instrument setups.) But the best way I think of is to work through the tutorials PG music provides. Stop at each point and practice it. There are different sections that require you to use several programs too. For example Screen Grabber software will let you make an Mp3 from your music steaming service which you can then plug into Biab Chord wizard and other software will hopefully print parts out in a midi format. I haven't got that far, but I'm sure these programs like tape recorders. deCoda and so forth will do that. I'm not sure PG music will separate out a vocal track. It will give you possibilities you wouldn't have though up by yourself though. Which is creativity. Most people don't want to bake from scratch! They would rather use a mix. and that is what Biab 's music is

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+++ Groove3.com +++ has the best audio technology video tutorials I've seen. They offer both subscription and buy to own options.

The video series are well organized, professionally produced and taught by by knowledgeable instructors.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
The single thing, that I see keeps echoing from one forum thread to another is "EDM"...

Terry, you are correct, kids like GOOD vintage music. I take my son to rollerskating rink every week, and young kids (7-12) skate with the same enthusiasm to modern EDMesque music as they do to Pop / Rock / R&B of 1960s-90s. And not even ONCE I heard anything negative about vintage tunes from them.

Sorry, Rusty but this means absolutely nothing. Are they streaming classic rock? Are they buying Beatles or Santana albums as digital downloads? Of course not. They hear that stuff and they think it's ok, they don't hate it or anything.

All you have to do is have a nice, friendly discussion with them and DO NOT even say the words "Good music is good music". They'll shut you right out in a polite way. No, tell them you've listened to some modern dance music and you're curious who their favorite artists are. Do they like the DJ's or the rappers better? What vocalists do they like? Name drop, ask what they think about Skillrex or Ed Sheeran or Drake. Once they open up and they know you're not going to make fun of their taste in music, they'll tell you. Highly unlikely you'll find any classic rockers in their list.

For the over 18 ones, ask what concerts they've gone to last year, what dance clubs do they go to and what kind of a dance club is it. I doubt they've gone to a AC/DC concert or a classic rock club. It's all DJ's, EDM, Rap and some R & B vocals. No, not Motown or Al Green, modern R & B which sucks to our ears.

If you have no idea who those people are (They're making millions) and maybe tried to watch the Grammies last year but turned it off after 10 minutes then you have no clue what's going on. If you are like me and do watch the Grammies, listen to some modern stuff, watch YouTube vids about all this, great. I'm not saying I like it, I'm saying I told myself 50 years ago I would not grow old with a brain frozen in concrete and living in a 40 year old time warp. I will know what's happening in the music biz.

I'm a fairly busy gigging keyboard player. It's 90% classic rock and 10% jazz but 20 years ago it was 50/50. Jazz is dead except for special occasion shows like a classical orchestra or string quartet would do. Classic rock is next.

I just finished three gigs over New Years including playing NYE at a funky old bar called the Marlin Club on Catalina Island. Loud classic rock. A few young people were there and they liked it but I doubt they're actually buying any of it from any source and that's all that counts. Follow the money. It's baby boomers like us who keep the Stones, Journey, Aerosmith etc concerts going. We're gone, they're done. And some of them are leaving before we are like Elton John just did.

I'm 74 now, will I be gigging in 10 years? Who knows but if I can, I will but I'm not stupid. If I'm either dead or out of it, I'm not caring about all the classic rock RT's inside Biab. The question would be then, who will?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,
I do not agree with most what you said. I am sorry. Simple reason we are talking about completely different animals here. It seems you are specifically interested in this:
"I will know what's happening in the music biz" You talk about "trends", and I am talking about the vibe. It takes one talented artist/band to break the mold you theorize on. These "trends" are changing with the blow of the wind. Vibe remains mainly unaffected (through centuries)

Jazz is not dead, silly! It is everywhere, just taking different forms. "Matter is neither created nor destroyed." smile

But most importantly, you as a musician should focus on what is in your head/feelings instead of chasing the tail of the Dragon (that might taste pretty awful, even if you catch it). Unless.. you play only specific set of covers (not originals) to specific group of people in specific region. Then, it is more like meditation / Yoga.

Bob, good (quality) music is not for everyone. It never was. Most folks are OK with general FM. Good music has almost NOTHING to do with musical business. I am sure you are aware of this. I guess it's time to turn back to the topic.

I believe PG has a very special strata in music arranging/recording. In it's own way is
very far ahead of most competitors. I rather skip a year of RT's in exchange for major software cleanup/tune-up. I am couple of years in and I only explored about 25% of what is in the BOX. Content is huge!

My "future" and present request is related to modernizing and tightening the software, GUI and adding several big MUST HAVE features that had been discussed in great detail in "Wishlists", so it is enjoyable to discover and do interesting things with all the content that is already in place.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
I rather skip a year of RT's in exchange for major software cleanup/tune-up.

Me too.

Masi

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Masi
I rather skip a year of RT's in exchange for major software cleanup/tune-up.

Me too.

Masi

Another me too.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Absolutely, I've said that every year for like, forever? Forget the 50 new features, and clean up all the old stuff. Clean up the menu system, add more than 4 chords per bar, get rid of the 255 bar limit, add better time sig support, improving the notation printing, these very old requests go on and on. Make all this the new features. That was my biggest gripe about the VST too. It's a good concept but the time and resources developing that could have been put to a much better use then do the VST. Look at the creating a new video thing from two years ago. Who uses that?

This all goes back to my guess, because I really have no information about it, that none of those things are possible without a completely rewritten brand new version of the source code. They're not willing or unable to go that far so here we are. Still a great program and I use it a lot.

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,306
Posts731,340
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213