#572434 12/25/19 07:21 AM
Beginners Forum
J
Jochim Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Merry Christmas everyone

Have a small problem, which I hope you can help me sort out:

Using BiaB 2019 for Mac, I have loaded the style _GENTLE (Gentle Even Acoustic Pop w/Cello) the guitar should be strummed, but it's not - it is held!? Anyone know why?

Best regards
Jochim

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I give it a listen. You are right, a held single strum in general on each chord. Why do you feel this not what it is supposed to sound like? I suspect it is as recorded.

However, If you want a more rhythmic strumming pattern try RT 362 guitar, acoustic, Strumming Ev 085. I have another strum pattern with some palm muting, I really like but can't think of it right now. So look in the RealTrack Picker for "strumming" and you should find some nice options.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Jochim,

Welcome to the forums.

There definitely seems to be a problem here. I agree with you. The guitar plays as a held, single strum. In the Memo description, though, we are told that it should be: "The acoustic guitar is being played by Brent Mason who is strumming a palm muted even eights rhythm."

To see what's causing this problem, do the following....

1. Load the style _GENTLE

2. Select "Realtracks | Realtrack Picker Dialog" (#1 and #2 on the top image below). If your desktop view is different from mine, press CTRL+T to toggle between views.

3. Now select the Realtrack that contains the Guitar. (#3 on the lower image below)

You can see that this has "[Style: Held]" listed in its name. Which is saying the the "Held" setting has been set in the style and this would seem to be a mistake.

I will report this to the developers and it will be corrected.

In the meantime, to solve this problem, all that you need do is put Realtrack 2780 on the 'Piano' track.

To do this...

4. Select the Piano track (#4 on the bottom image).

5. Type 2780 in the "Filter by" found at the bottom of Realtrack Picker.

6. Select RT 2780 to put #2780 on the empty track and then click on "Close" at the bottom of Realtrack Picker.

The mixer should now show that 2780 is on the track immediately under the Bass as well as on the original faulty track.

7. Turn the volume down on the faulty track (if you set the volume to zero rather than mute, it will save with the song).

8. Generate the song and it should now play properly.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
realtracks picker 2020.JPG (41.45 KB, 78 downloads)
assigning realtrack to empty slot.JPG (53.65 KB, 78 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Pure genius Noel. I had the file still open and looked closer and followed your lead. This little lesson opened up my eyes to how the RT Styles are being developed behind the scenes. I knew by ear it was "held" but did not see where this was coded. The real clue to me should have been the lack of musicality to the held chords - something was indeed wrong. But you nailed it.

Can't we remove the "held" and "simple" when it is used? Or is the only way this little work around by placing the RT back into the song?

And final question - where the heck did you learn all this? grin

And finally... Jochim, hope it don't look like I stole your tread. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dan,

I hope you're having a good Christmas smile

That's a great question and its solution is worth adding to the thread.

Yes it's possible to enter into Stylemaker and remove the "Held" setting.

To see this setting, return to Realtrack Picker with _GENTLY loaded and you'll see, on the upper far right where the various RT options are located, that the "Held" option is ticked. It is grayed out, though, and cannot be accessed. This means that it was set in the style.

The problem with editing the style is that next time, an update arrives, it's possible that the update will overwrite the changed style unless it's renamed to a non-BIAB-style name.

Of course renaming and saving a new style is easy enough to do... say _GENTLY9 <--- this would mean that it will still appear near "_GENTLY" in Stylepicker and it's unlikely that PG Music will use a 9 at the end of the style (also, there are only 8 characters to work with in the name).

If you are curious how to do this... read on...

1. Enter into Stylemaker -- "File | Stylemaker | Edit current style"

2. Use "Save As" to save the current style as a new style. (Top image below.)

3. As shown on the middle image, now select "Misc" (#1) and then a second window will pop up from which you can select "More".

4. Now, as shown on the bottom image, select RT 2780 (#1) and then remove the checkmark from "Held" (#2).

5. Exit back to the original Stylemaker window and save the style.

6. Exit back to BIAB's chord sheet.

You now have a new style that has the correct setting.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. I just pick up this stuff as I try understand a little more about BIAB. For me, it all begins with watching the PG Music videos found at...

https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
removing held from style 1.JPG (52.44 KB, 70 downloads)
removing held from style 2.JPG (80.02 KB, 70 downloads)
removing held from style 3.JPG (82.08 KB, 70 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I hope our newest member, Jochim, appreciates that he just woke up and walked into a masterclass lesson in RealStyles. No extra charge grin

And then just between us long timers.

This perfectly illustrates the Yin and the Yang of BIAB. Or is it the Pain and the Passion. I have tended in recent times to get frustrated with the depth of this program when I feel things should just be like I think they should be. Easy to just assume bugs in the code and shut it down. And in this case we do feel a code change should be done. But it is also clear now that the tools are all there for us to get the job done (making music) completely.

For me this is a kind of wonderful little Christmas tale here in our quite forum on this blessed day. Appreciate what we have been given, Use what we have to its fullest, and make a joyful sound unto the world.

Merry Christmas to you and yours Noel from me and mine.

Dan

Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: Jochim
Merry Christmas everyone

Have a small problem, which I hope you can help me sort out:

Using BiaB 2019 for Mac, I have loaded the style _GENTLE (Gentle Even Acoustic Pop w/Cello) the guitar should be strummed, but it's not - it is held!? Anyone know why?

Best regards
Jochim

Thank you for reporting this. The style is from Xtra Styles PAK 4: Folk and Beyond 1, and will be updated in a future patch.

Also, Noel96 has provided an excellent tutorial on the StyleMaker. Thank you for providing a workaround in the interim.

Jareth
PG Music Inc.
Beginners Forum
J
Jochim Offline OP
OP Offline
J
WOW - I am blown away by your generous approach and willingness to help :-)

Thanks so much - I am up and running

Have a blessed day all over the world.

Jochim

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,635
Posts735,286
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181