You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#576178 - 01/15/20 02:13 AM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] how to import BB "ONLY real track file" without midi tracks 1-8 showing up in RB track window
Loc: Denmark
stratos Offline
Apprentice

Is that possible?
TIA

Edited by stratos (01/15/20 02:17 AM)

#576301 - 01/15/20 03:53 PM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Re: how to import BB "ONLY real track file" without midi tracks 1-8 showing up in RB track window [Re: stratos]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Just taking a guess, but are you opening a BiaB song in RB that has only RTs when this issue occurs?
If so check Options-Preferences-Song Generation
Make sure the box for generating Realcharts is unchecked.
This option creates a related MIDI track for any RT that it can.
Otherwise provide more detail on how you are trying it and what you want to happen.

If you just want to open a given RT in RB by itself, simply open a new file, select a track and go to
Generate-Select and generate Realtrack
This lets you generate desired RTs to your hearts content.
If you want to try a bunch of variations try Select Multiriff.

RT = Realtrack
in case of language difference

Edited by rharv (01/15/20 03:54 PM)

#576513 - 01/17/20 01:55 AM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Re: how to import BB "ONLY real track file" without midi tracks 1-8 showing up in RB track window [Re: stratos]
stratos Offline
Apprentice

Thanks, rharv.
Yes I open or import an "all and only" RT song saved from BB
I tried your suggestion , but it didn´t change. Still those midi tracks 1-9 on top of the track window.
BUT I can live with it :-)

#577166 - 01/20/20 05:18 PM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Re: how to import BB "ONLY real track file" without midi tracks 1-8 showing up in RB track window [Re: stratos]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Maybe try right-click - Track - Make all BB tracks regular tracks .. at least they become available again for whatever you want. However, all tracks will now behave differntly; they will only generate the highlighted section of any selected track(s). They no longer behave like BiaB and generate all .. you have to tell it to do that now (intentionally).
They start behaving like regular RB SEQ file tracks.

You have to Save As a seq file for this to stick, though (I think).

If you want to go the extra step you can then select all 8 of these tracks, then again right click - Tracks - remove tracks.
This deletes those tracks and moves the remaining tracks up .. freeing up the MIDI tracks you don't want, and making them available again as the last 8 blank tracks in the 48 available.

Image 1 - import BB file
Image 2 - Make Tracks regular tracks
Image 3 Remove Tracks option
Image 4 - all done
Hope that helps

Attachments
RB-OpenBBFile.jpg

RB-OpenBBFile_Make TracksRegTracks.jpg

RB_RemoveTracks.jpg

RB_AfterRemoveTracks.jpg

Edited by rharv (01/20/20 05:39 PM)

#577207 - 01/21/20 12:29 AM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Re: how to import BB "ONLY real track file" without midi tracks 1-8 showing up in RB track window [Re: stratos]
stratos Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Rharv
The only thing is that I have to remove 1 track at a time, all though I highlight all 9 tracks.
But the convert to normal tracks is a very nice feature I didn´t knew.

Edited by stratos (01/21/20 12:29 AM)

#577293 - 01/21/20 04:01 PM [RealBand for Windows FAQ] Re: how to import BB "ONLY real track file" without midi tracks 1-8 showing up in RB track window [Re: stratos]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Are you sure you are using 'Remove tracks' in the way I described?
I've always been able to remove multiple tracks this way as long as I have all the ones I want to remove selected (as shown in my images).
I literally did this last night and took those screen shots.
Even though it says 'upward direction by one row' if I do 8-9 tracks at a time everything moves up that far.

Weird thing is, now that I think about it more, a friend of mine is in the habit of doing them one at a time also, so I wonder if it is a weird system specific thing, or a workflow thing where you and he have accidentally deselected the multiple tracks somehow before committing the change.

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
#MusicMonday - Share your Latest Band-in-a-Box® Song!

Let's hear your latest Band-in-a-Box® song! Don't be shy - post it as a reply, or head to our User Showcase Forum to share it there!

New to Band-in-a-Box® and unsure of how to get started? We have a few resources to help you out!

Forums - packed with helpful program users!
Online Manual - specifically "Chapter 2: QuickStart" (Mac users, click here.)
Support Videos - sorted for easy searching! All of these are also shared on our YouTube Channel.

Of course, you can always reach out to our team directly too! www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

#TBT The Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" Mode!

Did you know... the "Plug-in" mode was first launched with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows!

With the 2010 "Plug-in" mode, Band-in-a-Box® opened as a small always-on-top window, and acted as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you could Drag-and-drop MIDI and audio (WAV) tracks from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer. You could work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer’s track at the desired track and bar location.

To learn more about the new features that were launched with Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows, check out Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" mode feature highlighted in our Band-in-a-Box® 2010 New Features Video at 10:50!

The "Plug-in" mode development didn't stop there - With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 we introduced the "Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin" which now works DIRECTLY INSIDE YOUR DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, PreSonus, etc.). Learn more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - No Sound with MIDI?

Have you ever experienced a No Sound issue when you're working with MIDI in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac?

We have an online tutorial that can walk you through some troubleshooting to resolve this, but why not check out our newest YouTube video instead?

Click here to watch...

Of course, you can always reach out to us directly if you're in need of assistance with the program!

#TipTuesday - The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Feature Browser!

Don't underestimate the power of the Feature Browser added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020! This is a GREAT resource when you "know that you knew a feature" but just can't quite remember how to find it!

Simply click on the [?] at the top of the program (near the Mixer on the right) to launch this feature. From there, simply type in your query, or choose from the long list that appears in the Feature Browser window. If you're typing it in, you'll see that list change to only show the results that could fit your search - once you find what you're looking for, you can read more about it when you choose [Manual], if there's a video for the feature you can choose [Video] to view it, OR - if you don't need to read about the feature and just want to USE it, choose [Do it] and you're all set!

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video:

10:19 - New Feature - Feature Browser

Give the Gift of Music with Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you wait too long to purchase flowers, a card, or book a restaurant for Valentine's Day? Or, maybe material gifts just aren't your thing?

Why not whip together a song in Band-in-a-Box? It's as easy as typing in some chords, choosing a style, and pressing play!

Or, take it a step further with the help of the Audio Chord Wizard and our StylePicker Song Titles Browser feature!
How???
-Use the Audio Chord Wizard to analyze their favorite song and provide you with the chord progression
-Take that chord progression and start a new project in Band-in-a-Box (choose "Erase the Audio WAV file in BB" | Enable style)
-Head to the StylePicker window, search for a style for that song using the "Song Titles Browser" Feature (top right)
-Choose from the list provided
-Press Play!

Like what you hear? Save it, and viola!

Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 17)

Monday, February 17th is Family Day!

Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 18th.

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Get Out Your Guitar with Band-in-a-Box®!

Today is Get Out Your Guitar Day! To celebrate, "they" recommend gathering up a few friends with guitars to ROCK!

But, what if you're unable to round up your crew? That's where Band-in-a-Box® comes in!

There are more than 1,100 Guitar RealTracks available in Sets 1-352 by over 50 RealTracks Artists! Jam along with any of them when you create your own song using Guitar RealTracks, or play one of the demo songs for any Guitar you choose in the RealTracks picker dialog - simply choose your Guitar and click on the [Song Demo...] button within that window.

OR take it even farther when you head to the Soloist within Band-in-a-Box® and choose "Trade" when generating a Guitar Soloist track - choose between 2, 4, or 8 bars!

Learn more about the Trade option within Band-in-a-Box in Chapter 9 | "The Soloist" of our Online Manual.

Forum Stats
31234 Members
63 Forums
62491 Topics
528751 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
dBirch, Ery, peterindc, eligilbertbanjo, Ray170644

31234 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 138
Pipeline 134