OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RayL
Nice, Floyd. Very creative.

Ray - good of you to drop by...

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Brave Man ..Although you do have a wild streak in your work at times.

But this time you went wild, I enjoyed it and found it to be educational and experimentally refreshing, the vocals on the chorus are good and prove to a certain degree, IT CAN BE DONE IN BIAB.

I think you have proved a point Floyd , Enjoyed it .

But not as well as I have enjoyed your past posts/songs.

Although it was a fun listen !!.
Thanks

Last edited by beatmaster; 01/31/20 01:09 PM.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Ghostgum #578936 02/01/20 04:16 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Floyd, this is one of your best. You make every tool available to you sound so great. You are a master of songwriting and creating the perfect backing tracks, regardless if they are loops, RTs, RDs and/or MIDI. You are a very talented individual!

Mario - you are too kind. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Awesome. Brilliantly conceived. A work of creative genius. Faultless (construction method, the lyrics, vocals, production). I love it. smile

Brian - thanks for such a fine review...

User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
There's a lot of nifty cool experimentation on the forun these days...
And I love it!
Good job Floyd...
I think you have broken the mold...
And have truly written a "modern" country song using Biab!

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
floyd,

Nice song!
The melody is very catchy.
It's amazing that you didn't make me feel that you made it only with loops.
A good song is a good song regardless of how it is made.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Floyd,

Some really impressive production touches on this . . . but let’s start first with the song: Really engaging . . . that clap really gets the toe tapping. And your vocal is so soft and smooth on this—reminds me of an 80’s ballad. But that chorus production is really cool . . . not sure if that’s delay, multiple tracks or a combination of the two, but a slick sound. And love the ending. Cool tune!

Kind regards,

Deej

RichMac #579123 02/02/20 05:25 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ,
That was totally unexpected and amazing! Really cool vocal track.
Arrangement is very delicious! Great job all around. Enjoyed this a lot. Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thanks, Misha...

Originally Posted By: RichMac

Hi Floyd.
Refreshing and fun sound.
Much enjoyed. Cheers.

Thanks, Richard...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hi Floyd,

That is wonderful track. There is absolutely nothing wrong in using loops if you manage to do it as tasteful as you did it here.

I can see from the comments that many people like your voices in the chorus... to be honest I thought the part from around 1:00 to 1:15 was the weakest part of your track... it sounded a bit "muddy" compared with the rest.

But still... it was a pleasure to listen to this... and it is great that you try out different styles of music!

Take care,
Will

Will - thanks for the thoughtful review. I can understand that that segment (from 1:00 to 1:15 - and the others like it) could sound somewhat "muddy". It might depaend on the speakers one is listening on, but it is, in fact,...dense. A bit more complex than most of what we do. In headphone or earbuds, it seems less so (in my opinion). And.... this is a bit experimental for me...

PeterF #579298 02/03/20 10:19 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Clever hardly describes that. A really nice catchy tune, adds to the technical aspects of this treat.

Enjoyed it, impressed by the creativity and loved the innovative approach.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, this is different from your usual stuff, but it's good stuff!

Imaginative. Complex. Memorable.

Vocal is smooooooooth!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That's a reggae tune my friend! You turned it out in nice fashion! VERY clever use of background vocal tricks in the chorus! Great job Floyd! Thanks, Torrey.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
First time I've heard you sing something other than country, it was great! Wouldn't mind at all hearing more like this. And of course the acronymic tribute was a sentiment I'm sure we all share!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
dcuny #579346 02/03/20 04:00 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Yep yep yep yep yep!
I like like like like like like!

Loops are fun, and this song was a lot of fun to listen to.

Super clever, but as usual, you've crafted it by adding an emotional core.

Thanks for the peek behind the curtain as well! smile

Floyd,
What David said covers it- the vocal on verses is very connected to a good feeling. Not entirely sure about the processing on chorus vocals but looking forward to digging into how you created the loops.

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow. Your skill developing your songs just amazes me. Vocal and lyric were excellent. The capabilities of this software is pretty mind blowing as well

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Tangmo #579418 02/04/20 07:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Wow, this was a really cool process to hear and see! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Ember!

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Thematically, this goes in the great tradition of musicians and bands writing "about" the music in one way or another, but framing it for listener appeal. As an "insider" this is so sweet on both levels of text and subtext.

That said, this is very well put-together. It pops along comfortably, and has enough ebb and flow to keep interest from bar to bar to the end. In short, I liked this a whole lot.

Tangmo - I always enjoy reading your comments on a song and the effect it has as you see it... thanks for the interesting comments!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, man! This is wild, Floyd. Amazing what one can do with just loops --well, not everyone. Great explanation, too. Really cool song. Thanks for making this place a better place to learn.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - what a refreshing take on things smile Thanks for the insight on your process - I found it really interesting, and the finish product is really good as well. Loved the groove and found it nicely catchy as well.

Thanks for sharing!

Deryk - glad you got a kick outta this one...

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
VERY Cool!!! So different from what I am accustomed to hearing from you, but that's a good thing. It's good to stretch our creative muscles every now and then. And with your abilities, your creative muscles would pretty much make you Mr. Universe. I'm going to start calling you Arnold!

Great job!

Steve

HAHAHA! I'll be baaack!!!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Enjoying this a lot. Liking you singing a bit into your higher range vocally.

I took a course in writing modern music several years ago that was very useful and informative. The course went pretty deep into how artists captured audio snippets from pre-recorded commercial releases to create 'new' sounds and build a song around it.

It's similar to what you've done here. I've done a few for practice using BIAB songs from the User Showcase even though I could easily and probably easier make loops from RealTracks and Midi like you've done here.

My point being that with my version of BIAB, there's more than 3,100 hours of recorded music using 7,422 Styles and greater than 2,926 RealTrack instruments. That's an awful lot of raw material for any artist of pretty much any genre from any era to create proper, unique and original works and accurate covers if they wish.

You did a truly good job here.

Charlie - I thought that this might appeal to you. You have always seen the potential for BIAB to play a role in this type production... thanks for having a listen...

(and thanks for the comments in the Dangerous thread, too!..)

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd,

looks like 'floydish' doesn't really apply to this killer production - I'm still undecided which one does, but right now I tend to either 'floopish', 'fleative' or possibly 'flexperimental'...

After 'Dangerous' showed me (Ok, I haven't known you as long as others have) a side of yours I had not known this one really knocked me off my feet.

Very, very flool, eh, cool - liked it a lot.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Floyd,

You keep surprising me. First a bunch of whiskey songs and now a rum drenched reggealike song.
And only made with loops!
Very very nice. The only thing that I would have added if it was my song is a steel band in some places. There is one in BB.
But without that it still is a good song :-)

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,466
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195