You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#580592 - 02/12/20 05:04 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Anyone using PsrSX900 with BIAB, I need help.
Loc: Australia
rikkisbears Offline
Apprentice

Hi ,
Just wondering if anyone is using either. Pr Sx900 or sx 700 Biab.

My drums keep defaulting to piano, or violin.

I think I loaded the XG .dk etc correctly, but I must be doing something wrong.

Wondering if there is something weird about the SX, because I’m pretty sure my psr1500 used to work.

My last 3 korgs worked perfectly.

So if anyone has managed to set an sx up with biab, love to know.

BIAB 2020
Yamaha sx900

#580594 - 02/12/20 05:21 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Anyone using PsrSX900 with BIAB, I need help. [Re: rikkisbears]
Loc: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Loc: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
You need the proper patch map. Go to the support page
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php

#580611 - 02/12/20 08:00 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Anyone using PsrSX900 with BIAB, I need help. [Re: silvertones]
rikkisbears Offline
Apprentice

Thank you John.
Couldn’t see one for the SX900, the keyboard is too new, and I doubt anyone would bother creating one, let’s face it most people would use Real Tracks in preference to midi tracks.

Good news is, I at least got it working with a GS setting, ? I pressed a wrong button and all of a sudden it worked. Haha .I had drums instead of a piano playing the drum track.
It brings up the GS sounds in the keyboard and the midi drums are playing correctly.

I only want it for saving as a midifile for the keyboard, I can revoice it in the keyboard itself with some of the factory voices

So it will do.

For MP3’s I’ll go back to using SampleTank and the Real tracks.

Thank you.

BIAB 2020
Yamaha sx900

#580635 - 02/13/20 06:11 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Anyone using PsrSX900 with BIAB, I need help. [Re: rikkisbears]
Loc: Cornwall UK
Mike Head Offline
Expert

Loc: Cornwall UK
HI
Yes a pat file would help for selecting the higher bank voices/ patches, including the panel ones.
Providing when you chose your voice for the track you use the option select from pat file.
If you can find a Cakewalk ins file on the net, for your keyboard you can convert this to a Pat file in Biab.

BIAB needs to know if it is dealing with a Yamaha in my experience.

In any case you should at least use a basic Yamaha XG pat, for one thing the drums on Yamaha need a msb of 127 and can then be used on any ch not only ch 10

By what you say about getting piano or violins means the track is not being treated as a drum kit and is playing the equivalent drum kit number as a basic midi voice.

Kit one standard kit would sound piano kit 33 jazz kit would sound a bass etc.
In other words it is being read a Gm voice number not a drum kit.

I must say that normal practice is to treat anything on ch 10 as a drum kit so should happen automatically when using gm as you say it does in fact (I think).
Have fun
Mike

Edited by Mike Head (02/14/20 01:42 PM)

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#580716 - 02/13/20 04:45 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Anyone using PsrSX900 with BIAB, I need help. [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline
Apprentice

Hi Mike,
Thank you. I have synth set to XG generic.
And I’ve tried AutoSend xg mode on start up.
Even tried patch maps for Tyros an psr3000.

In the end doing autosend gs mode on startup , at least brought up gs drum kits, so I have drums instead of piano, or violins. Haha.

If I eventually work it out, so that drums pop up, I could probably edit one of the xg instrument patch maps to suit the sx. Did one for the pa800 years ago, just not sure I can be bothered.

I was mainly trying to find out if it was just me doing something dumb, or whether there’s a quirk in the keyboard. ( probably just me. Haha)

BIAB 2020
Yamaha sx900

#581853 - 02/22/20 01:44 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Anyone using PsrSX900 with BIAB, I need help. [Re: rikkisbears]
Loc: Port Orchard, WA 98366
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Loc: Port Orchard, WA 98366
Rikki,
Still have my trusty PA800 sitting next to me, and from everything I've seen on the SX900, I'd rather keep the PA800. Okay, let's be honest, I want a PA4x 76, but I can't afford one, even used. I'd be happy with with a PA-1000, too! LOL

Do you ever watch Jeremy See on YouTube. He's an Asian piano and keyboard instructor and does a lot of keyboard review videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfPlLw1DMOQ

Just my two cents on this, but I tend to agree with Jeremy on this one.

Personally, I would take a couple of hours and sit down and write the .pat file. Yeah, it seems a waste of time, but I so love having my .pat file for the PA800, since I really CAN get the sounds I want. Just makes it easier over the long run.

On top of that, there may be someone else who is newer to BIAB who is going to want it and might not know how to make one

#621972 - 11/06/20 09:21 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Anyone using PsrSX900 with BIAB, I need help. [Re: rikkisbears]
RoyReddy Offline

Hello Mike & Mike;
This topic is perfect for my friend's situation. I am working online with a BIAB user in Washington state, USA. She has a PSR S900 and uses BIAB. We would love to have a great Pat file for the S900 using the higher bank instrument sounds.

We worked with a Cakewalk instrument file
Cakewalk yamaha_kbds_1.22 instrument file

and converted it following the BIAB instructions.
How to convert a PowerTracks or RealBand .ini file, or Cakewalk .ins file, to a Band-in-a-Box® patch map (.pat file)

We started from a Cakewalk file named 'yamaha_kbds_1.22.ins' that appeared to have a rich definition of the S900. There are 5 Yamaha keyboard models in the INS file.
This process yielded a .PAT file that we named yamaha psr s900v2.PAT
We find that some of the Higher Banks are correct many are quite wrong.
We have Not sent it to PgMusic for the Patch page as we found it to have several anomalies.

I'm Happy to share this .PAT file for some diagnostics
Yamaha PSR s900 v2 PAT file share for diagnostics

Any input & suggestions on the Pat file and this process are welcomed.
a) I suppose the original cakewalk instrument file was flawed
b) the conversion may not be complete
c) Certainly it might be on this side of the keys(ME), I may have messed something in the process.

I dont understand your statement >"gs mode on startup". Is that a Keyboard activity?

thanks Roy in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Mike,
Thank you. I have synth set to XG generic.
And I’ve tried AutoSend xg mode on start up.
Even tried patch maps for Tyros an psr3000.

In the end doing autosend gs mode on startup , at least brought up gs drum kits, so I have drums instead of piano, or violins. Haha.

If I eventually work it out, so that drums pop up, I could probably edit one of the xg instrument patch maps to suit the sx. Did one for the pa800 years ago, just not sure I can be bothered.

I was mainly trying to find out if it was just me doing something dumb, or whether there’s a quirk in the keyboard. ( probably just me. Haha)

PG Music News
LAST DAY TO SAVE UP TO 50%!

It's HERE! The FINAL day of our Band-in-a-Box 2021 Windows special, which also includes additional savings on Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm PST TODAY! (January 15th) Plus, we'll include a Bonus PAK loaded with some amazing Add-ons! Add even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) when you upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

Our Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1 sale is ending too... Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special!

Purchase the brand-new MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Learn more about MultiStyles...

Mac user? Xtra Styles PAKs & MultiStyles PAKs are on sale for you too! Click here for your OS specific announcement.

TWO DAYS LEFT TO SAVE UP TO 50%!

Wow, it's already January 14th! That means there's just two days left of our Band-in-a-Box 2021 Windows special, which also includes additional savings on Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm PST on Friday, January 15th! Plus, we'll include a Bonus PAK loaded with some amazing Add-ons! Add even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) when you upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows.

Our Xtra Styles PAKs and MultiStyles PAK 1 sale is ending too... Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special!

Purchase the brand-new MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Learn more about MultiStyles...

Mac user? Xtra Styles PAKs & MultiStyles PAKs are on sale for you too! Click here for your OS specific announcement.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® Special ENDS on Friday!

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON TO SAVE UP TO 50% ON YOUR BAND-IN-A-BOX® UPGRADE - OUR SPECIAL ENDS FRIDAY!

There is still a little time left to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm PDF on Friday, January 15th!

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, plus the 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, the 2021 Free Bonus PAK, and 2021 49-PAK!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

RealBand 2021 Includes 64-bit PG DX Plugins Presets!

Download the latest update for RealBand 2021 to addpresets for 64-bit PG DX plugins!

Release notes (build 3c, Jan 7 2021):
-Fixed: Running 32-bit realband.exe (Version 2020) is now supported.
-Added: Presets for 64-bit PG DX plugins.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® Special ENDS January 15th!

IT'S YOUR LAST WEEKEND TO SAVE UP TO 50% ON YOUR BAND-IN-A-BOX® UPGRADE!

We've extended our SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until January 15, 2021, so there is still a little time left to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, plus the 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, the 2021 Free Bonus PAK, and 2021 49-PAK!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 - Special Extended to January 15th!

NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - and we've extended our Xtra Styles PAK and MultiStyles PAK Special until January 15th!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE until January 15th!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Windows user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Today!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows version to address a few user-reported program issues and requests. Band-in-a-Box® 2021 users can update for free here.

Have you been using your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase and not applied any patch updates yet? Make sure you download the latest free patch update to access some great Bonus "Half-time" and "Double-time" RealStyles!

Total of new styles is:
-111 new RealStyles
-80 new RealTracks variations.
-27 new RealDrums variations.

This includes:
-variations of existing 16th-based bluegrass.
-variations of existing celtic and train beat styles.
-new styles with both 8th-based and 16th variations.
-16th-based samba variations.

Forum Stats
33675 Members
67 Forums
67602 Topics
578531 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
123223, JGDC73, towako, MightyMike, ized

33674 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 317