Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

That really swings!

Excellent vocal and delivery - I love the rapid fire vocal line - very effective.

As always, your mixes are the best!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Should be a hit by my reckoning, gotta get you more exposure somehow. You did this in 30 minutes? It takes me hours/days to write my lyrics, then I got the whole rest of the song to do as well. Pretty amazing, dude.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
"you line 'em up
just for the fun of knockin' 'em down"
Is that it, Floyd? You have a way with a phrase, you know that?

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
When you gonna meet some nice women? smile

Strong song. Sounds very good on my phones at a bit over mid-volume. The kick is very powerful. Nice production. I liked the way the lead tucks back into the mix after it's turn and just pokes the coals till the end.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd.... IMHO.... One of the best things you've done in a while.

It's got Brooks and Dunn imbedded in it's soul.

Solid job all the way around. It checks all the boxes. Into the chorus in under a minute, close to 3 minute run time, lyrics are fun, nice uptempo groove, and a fat mix. What's not to like about it?

I could hear this ON a B&D stage.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
"She makes it look easy"; "She's tried everything" and in the end, you still tell her to "Wait Her Turn". Is she steadily working her way to "You Really Did It This Time"? wink

Great song, strong write, arrangement and production. Fun to listen to -- over and over

Enjoyed my listen.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd ...

My time is very limited for a while but when I saw you had a new one up ... I carved out some space in my daily schedule for a few listens ... didn't want to miss anything you you post. I listened to one of my favorite B & D songs last night as I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner ... Neon Moon. You sure did capture their sound quite nicely. Thanks for the smile on my face ... my ears are smiling, too! Best to you & yours ...

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 02/18/20 04:09 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
30 minutes, three hours or three days...it's a heckuva song and
certainly lets one envision long necks and line dancing. And there
ain't nuthin' wrong with that.

We hate to use the word "pro" because, well, you are a pro...but, man,
the production value of this is just sky high.

A showcase for the use of RT's/RD's on the showcase forum smile

Take the above, throw in the always excellent mr jane vocals and lyrics
and you've absolutely nailed that B&D thang!

Superbly well done,

J&B

User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Very, very well done! You always shine when you publish your songs, because they are so well-produced and naturally born as ear-hangers. Absolutely love it!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Wow! A tour de force! Really driving and what a Kick (drum)!

And a great lyrical hook!!!

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
I really enjoy your song. The guitar sounds AWESOME !!! Lyrics and music hang together nicely, and your vocals are spot on for the country feel. Great mix, harmonies, and backing tracks all work.

Nice job.

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

MarioD #581581 02/19/20 05:48 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Floyd, you are one of the best lyricists and musicians we have in these forums. Everything you post is radio ready and in fact better than most of what is being played on the radio today.

I wish I had your talent!

Mario - I always like to hear that! - Well...not that you wish you had my talent 'cause then I'd be left with little more than a room full of stuff I couldn't use - and besides, you've got your OWN talent!!... but the rest of it.. smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,
I think you saved the best lyrics for the last verse with that list!
There`s so much in the details I enjoy on songs like this you make with such ease - the sweetly placed doubled vocal, that little twang in your phrasing, the amazing punch of the drums...its all top shelf, sir!

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
The day after Valentine's day; I hop on the forums and this is waiting? The stars aligned when the meteor missed us! It's a great day!

What a cool song. Definitely hear B and D! Seems easy enough to do, until you try it. Because they and you make it look effortless.

RD is one of my fav singers, and you are right up there. There was a point a point I thought I heard a little Roy Orbinson sound going on. And as I type this, I am remembering RD himself does that on occasion. Impressive!

Your lyrics are never missing. Great use of the names. VERY fun to hear.

The song just sounds like it sound. It's clever, well delivered, and I feel is a great mix of the 90's and 20's country. I know younger kids would think this song is pretty cool! I think it's a really well delivered universal theme.

Well placed breaks too! That really ads to the lyric, doesn't it? I loves me a good break.

So, you did it again Ronnie. Another great song.

RD is an incredible singer! Have you heard his new solo record "Re-Dunn"? It all covers - and shows how versatile his voice can be - fitting in to a number of different genres...

Thanks for so many nice comments about the song and the production!

Breaks!... HAHAHA... I get it smile wink (chuckling still...)

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Another smooth one from you, Floyd.
Very nice

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
fj,
This one kicks on from the 1st beat.
An assured vocal performance with just the right twang to match the instrumentation.
As usual there's a story worth following and a melody that has hooks galore.
Your mix is terrific.

ray - thanks for all the nice comments... I am always interested in hearing if you catch anything "off"...

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi floyd,

Good song as usual!

Love the hook, very memorable.

And your mixes are always right on the money, pure perfection.

Enjoyed the listen, I'm a fan smile

Thanks, Dave! I am a fan of your work, as well...

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Wow. You do amazing things with a little inspiration. Way to take it from a germ to a gem, man. This is great. Great hook, great harmony, catchy rhythm, perfect production, and such a great story idea.

Thanks for all of that, Marty...

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Good driving beat, those rhythm guitars really rock. Catchy chorus. The difference between the word rhythm in verses distracts a bit, because only the first verse melody sounds somehow familiar, interesting effect.

Janne

janne - thanks for listening. I haven't any sense of the verses being much different melodically, myself. They fall fairly naturally for my ear... thanks for the note, though...

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ,
Nice, well though out tune. Easy to follow lyrics. Everything is crisp. Guitar work is A+!
One spot at 2:49. "your turn" phrase dives into a little. I would not have mentioned this, but since it is the theme of your song, and YOU said that it would NOT break your heart I will smile Otherwise, cool catchy song done masterfully. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks, Misha. You are right..."turn" sort of disappears at the spot...I hadn't notice that before... I'll fix it for the greatest hits album smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Great bar dancing (not pole dancing) song!

Clean mix. Great vocal, as usual. Good lyrical and musical hook.

EZ - Thanks...

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Sweet clean sound on a super tune Floyd! Your harmony is spot on in this! What a catchy tune! You really handled your mix in great fashion considering all those smokin guitar parts going on in there! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks, Torrey...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Classic man! Sounds like a hit to me. You are killer with those catchy hooks dude!

cool

Note: I am taking a different approach to getting re-involved and stay involved with the forum after a business-related absence. I listen to the forum in the background while I am writing and working, just to enjoy all the songs. Then, I will go to each one on a separate occasion and post the equivalent of a “Love It”—my version of a like. That is why all my comments might come at the same time, though I could have listened days ago.
This is the best way I know to stay caught up. If I feel I have to listen one song at a time and then offer a critique it makes my brain shut down. I just want to enjoy them—like I am listening to the radio.
If I post any new songs in the future, it will just be as a “radio” post—hope you enjoy it. If you do, that is cool. There is no need to post a lengthy comment.
I have been listening in my absence and all the new stuff sounds great. This will be attached to all my messages for a few weeks or a month until my new method is understood. Thanks!!

smile

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Floyd,

Well I just blasted the whole street out with this fantastic track. Damn this is good country. smile

And I so envy your mixing and mastering skills. As someone said previously, it's a broadcast quality mix.

You gotta get this to someone, this is a hit.

Martin. smile smile

Music is what feelings sound like.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,639
Posts735,351
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182
DC Ron 98
dcuny 89
rsdean 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.