Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#581873 - 02/22/20 05:23 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: My thoughts regarding the future [Re: Roland S]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

How it is now using the BB .SGU format it only stores tempo for each bar not for each beat and it rounds the tempo to a whole number, it has not got real time signatures other than 3/4 4/4 and only 255 bars. RealBand has real time signatures and decimal tempo maps and it's own file format .SEQ and more than 255 bars.
It needs fixing to be able to play back the already generated tracks to the tempo map so if the tempo is changed in the DAW then it will play back the already generated tracks to that change so if you are using ACID render that will automatically fit the DAW track when dragged in, if you are not using ACID in you DAW then you can re-generate to the new tempo map. Once the play from RAM is implemented this will be a lot easier and quicker.

#582020 - 02/23/20 06:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: My thoughts regarding the future [Re: Jim Fogle]
nonchai Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle

"The future of PG Music is the DAW Plugin "

Over time the DAW plugin will draw in traditional DAW users including professional studios and audio/video production houses. The DAW plugin will develop into a plugin that does not have to rely on background tasks and helper apps. The plugin will continue to have a limited feature set as compared to the Band-in-a-Box program. The DAW plugin will continue to be part of the Band-in-a-Box packages.
This is because it needs PG Music content to be very useful

Amen.

And it seems to me PG resources aren't enough even to just pro out a proper plugin as desired let alone work on a full DAW.
Why on earth reinvent the wheel? Plus it has to be mentioned that PG musics ability to come up with respectable and modern user interfaces is questionable.

Leave stuff that DAWs , notnstion programs and Pro tools can do much better to DAWs and pro tools.

A better tactic would be to make the plugin for as seamlessly as possible in a DAW - similar to how Melodyne is becoming.
Arturia Audiofuse, L6 HX Stomp, MASCHINE JAM, Komplete Kontrol MkII 88
podgy face, beer belly, bald patch .... yadda yadda

#582021 - 02/23/20 06:10 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: My thoughts regarding the future [Re: LtKojak]
nonchai Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: LtKojak
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
where RB/PTPA fit in the DAW landscape

Rob, BIAB is NOT a DAW. Never has been, never will be.

The way of the future, as I see it, is to better develop BIAB as a plug-in, teaming up with Cakewalk by BandLab, Presonus Studio One and Reaper, maybe adding/developing features exclusive to each one's workflows of those three.

Presonus' Studio One would make more sense, as they already have the "Chord Track" feature, which could be developed further to blend with BIAB's Real Track and Styles features, turning it into the most advanced DAW/Composing/Songwriting combo on the market, in which BIAB VST could be offered as an paying add-on for the Prime (free) version, the Artist (limited)version and the Pro (full-fledged) version, making it compatible with their new add-on business model.

I note you totally excluded the major DAWs Cubase and Logic. Nor Digital Performer. Cubase in particular has chord track features and what better than to be able to match it up with parts from BIAB via the plugin?.

So when it comes to teaming up - Steinberg would make a lot of sense.

The three *old* mainstream DAWs are also used extensively by composers working for tv, media, games and film - and to have a tool which offers instant session musicians will help a lot of those dudes get work out the door when fast turnaround is required. Whether for mockups or final versions.
Arturia Audiofuse, L6 HX Stomp, MASCHINE JAM, Komplete Kontrol MkII 88
podgy face, beer belly, bald patch .... yadda yadda

#582037 - 02/23/20 08:56 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: My thoughts regarding the future [Re: Rob Helms]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

The issue with "working seamlessly with all DAWs" is each DAW has it's own method for communicating with plugins. So a simple goal reveals a complex issue.

An even larger issue is PG Music has not clearly defined the plugin set of features. What capability does PG Music expect the plugin to deliver? What does agreeing with the Band-in-a-Box Lite nickname mean in terms of PG Music expectations and the plugin feature set?

Once the plugin feature set is defined, what is required to work seamlessly becomes much clearer.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 1909, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#582068 - 02/23/20 02:57 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: My thoughts regarding the future [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Teunis Offline
Expert

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
The issue with "working seamlessly with all DAWs" is each DAW has it's own method for communicating with plugins. So a simple goal reveals a complex issue.

An even larger issue is PG Music has not clearly defined the plugin set of features. What capability does PG Music expect the plugin to deliver? What does agreeing with the Band-in-a-Box Lite nickname mean in terms of PG Music expectations and the plugin feature set?

Once the plugin feature set is defined, what is required to work seamlessly becomes much clearer.

In the world of data and voice communications they standardised a model for how the different protocols fit together. For example, how one Ethernet card speaks to another. They did not say how the card should be made but how the signal enters the card and how it must leave.

I thought that is what the VST implementation was about. If a plugin uses the term VST it should comply to a set of rules. DAWs should also comply if they are “VST Compliant”. Maybe a Standards organisation is required in a similar vein to the IEEE lot that look after Electronic Communications. That way one can be sure if the have a VST it will work in your DAW.

My thoughts
Tony

#582080 - 02/23/20 03:35 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: My thoughts regarding the future [Re: Teunis]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: Teunis
In the world of data and voice communications they standardised a model for how the different protocols fit together. For example, how one Ethernet card speaks to another. They did not say how the card should be made but how the signal enters the card and how it must leave.

I thought that is what the VST implementation was about. If a plugin uses the term VST it should comply to a set of rules. DAWs should also comply if they are “VST Compliant”. Maybe a Standards organisation is required in a similar vein to the IEEE lot that look after Electronic Communications. That way one can be sure if the have a VST it will work in your DAW.

My thoughts
Tony

I absolutely agree 100%.
Standards and consistency are the most vital factors when individual systems need to interact - seamlessly.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#582084 - 02/23/20 04:39 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: My thoughts regarding the future [Re: Rob Helms]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Tony,

I don't disagree with you. But the VST specification is not a standard, the specification is proprietary. The VST specification was created and released by Steinburg in 1996 to encourage the development of third party effects for use in Cubase. Steinburg can decide to charge a license fee or quit support any time they desire.

Steinburg released the first VST3 specification in 2008 and discontinued VST2 support in 2013. However many programs, including Band-in-a-Box, do not support the use of VST3 since there are so many VST2 effects and developers continue to release new VST2 effects.

People gravitate to what they are familiar with and comfortable using. VST has mass acceptance and momentum similar to MP3.

Interesting reading: +++ Virtual Studio Technology on Wikipedia +++
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 1909, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#582374 - 02/25/20 11:50 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: My thoughts regarding the future [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Vienna, Austria
Masi Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Vienna, Austria
However many programs, including Band-in-a-Box, do not support the use of VST3 since there are so many VST2 effects and developers continue to release new VST2 effects.

I can only speculate why hosts offer no support for VST3, but what I know is that you cannot get the VST2 SDK any more.

This means only developers who have already an SDK can continue to create no VST2 plugins. Everybody else is forced to create VST3 plugins.

Masi

#582612 - 02/27/20 02:01 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: My thoughts regarding the future [Re: Masi]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Free Plugin Chainer Element + BB VST3 Support + More Midi Tracks Win\Mac
and in the future..
https://discourse.ardour.org/t/pg-musics-realband/102739
You could easily add RealDrums to it also for Linux users like you do with PowerTracks as there is no Linux Biab unless Ardour or a Linux Biab Plugin could communicate with a BBW4 in a WineBottle ?

See the amount of users:
https://community.ardour.org/ping_stats

Code:
Current Status

Version	Linux   OS X    Windows
4.0	6678	1050	0
4.1	6118	711	191
4.2	6279	843	363
4.4	7053	1288	409
4.6	3521	655	248
4.7	13547	2040	579
5.0	2029	679	2095
5.1	576	73	118
5.2	7	1	0
5.3	3963	488	844
5.4	2816	1104	2322
5.5	5702	1087	2725
5.6	1256	276	524
5.8	7845	958	2106
5.9	1660	308	828
5.10	2907	622	1644
5.11	1223	372	1025
5.12	25537	7438	25899

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

PG Music News
RealBand® Turns 12!

RealBand® for Windows® is your all-in-one audio workstation and accompaniment program, and if you've purchased a copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows in the last decade, it's been included in your purchase!

We released RealBand in July 2008, along with Band-in-a-Box® 2008.5.

"RealBand brings a new level of ease and flexibility to anyone creating recordings. Record your own tracks, type in the chords, pick a style, and then add any MIDI or audio (Real) tracks to follow your chords - all in a single program. For example, type in chords to your song, generate a RealDrums track, record in your guitar and vocal parts. Then put on your 'arranger' hat and have some fun automatically adding RealTracks - maybe a guitar solo, or pedal steel background for the bridge."

We hope everyone enjoys using RealBand, which combines some great features from our PowerTracks Pro Audio program with the powerful accompaniment features from Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Spanish for Windows is Here!

¡Hay más de 50 nuevas características en Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Hay mejoras en RealTracks (RealTracks Vocal de Sonido más Suave, RealTracks Engrosamiento, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" y MultiRiffs). La mayoría de los RealDrums ahora tienen RealCharts (con notación de batería precisa). Hay un nuevo navegador de Artistas RealTracks para encontrar información / biografías / enlaces / listas de RealTracks en todos los artistas. Un nuevo Navegador de Funciones permite al usuario nuevo u "olvidadizo" encontrar y usar fácilmente la mayoría de las funciones / teclas de acceso rápido / documentos desde una sola ventana. Ecualizar Tempo permite cambiar una canción de rubato grabada a un tempo fijo. Tiempo de audio mejorado / estiramiento de tono (Elastique) incluido. Hay mejoras en el Selector de Canciones, Bajo/Batería o Batería solo Auto-Intros, 3.400 títulos añadidos, mejoras MusicXML, guitarra para "Zurdos" y "Vista de estudiante", mejoras de Arrastrar y Soltar, Ventana Múltiple del Mago del Acorde de Audio y mucho más!

COMPRE/ACTUALIZE Y DESCARGUE YA!

Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Forum Stats
32465 Members
68 Forums
65136 Topics
551909 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
GamesBx2020, Auntiejack56, netbird, theblogportal, kikiko23

32465 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 185
Jim Fogle 145