Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#584264 03/07/20 06:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This morning was the first in 2 weeks that I didn't wake up coughing etc., so here is my only song about the flu. Many years ago I wanted to write a simple rock-n-roll blues tunes in Db, and the words "my baby don't" started creeping in, so I welcomed them. But what don't my baby do? The verses started saying she might be a little wacky, but then the chorus suggests the reason for the singer's point of view. The lyrics were written with a nod to the John Lennon school of writing, In His Own Words.

My Baby Don't on SoundClound
My Baby Don't video on YouTube

They key was changed to A for this version, not to accommodate my guitar playing friends, but to accommodate my aging voice. The vocal is a bit off, but I was never good at that part.

Thanks for listening and ALL comments are welcome. Stay well!!

RealTracks in song: 1563:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm BritBluesInvasionJohn Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~~1025:Guitar, Electric, Strumming CleanOpen Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1363:Fiddle, Soloist GypsyJazzFast Sw 220
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleEven8^8-a:Snare, HiHat Open , b:Snare, Ride
I played bass and sang.

Thanks to Ed Shaw in an old post that informed me NOT to use artists' names when uploading these songs.

My Baby Don't

My baby she don't know me like she thinks.
My baby she don't know me like she thinks.
She tells the tailor to untighten my tie because she drinks, and that stinks.

My baby she don't think me like she knows.
My baby she don't think me like she knows.
She takes the time to turn out every light before she goes, and that blows.

CH: My baby don't, no, my baby don't like anyone with the flu.
My baby don't, no, my baby don't like you so boo hoo.
But then my baby don't like me like you do. And that's true.
SOLO

My baby she don't like me like she loves.
My baby she don't like me like she loves.
She tries to tell me that the tinker's toy has got no fuzz, but it does.

CH

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
BabuMusic #584287 03/07/20 09:39 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,
Fun lyrics your aging voice carries off well. Rollicking backing works ( not sure about the fiddle break... but then the gal may love it more than I do!).
I trust you have banished that flu with this very enjoyable song.

Robert

BabuMusic #584289 03/07/20 09:43 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hahahaha - LOVED it!!! So, so much fun ... a simple blues sequence, but so well done that it had me tapping my feet in time with it throughout. A special nod to that fiddle solo, too!!! Well done :-)

BabuMusic #584299 03/07/20 12:07 PM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Fun song. I really like your vocals on this. Good mix all around and I enjoyed my listen. Good rock and roll...

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
BabuMusic #584311 03/07/20 12:48 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very topical. Wasn't expecting the fiddle solo (which works well).

Good rollicking tune, and the vocals are strong.

Enjoyable.

Peter

BabuMusic #584376 03/08/20 02:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Fun song, Marty! Love the lyrics. Also really like your vocal, I think you are your own worst critic when it comes to your vocal ability.

Not mad about the fiddle solo to be honest, a little too manic for my tastes. But loved everything else about the track.

BabuMusic #584380 03/08/20 02:48 AM
User Showcase
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J
Hi Marty,

Nice vocal delivery...The lyrics are up to date with the current worldwide COVID 19 spread. Regarding fiddle, I don't mind the instrument in the song for the solo, but it does seem a bit off on the feel/tempo being rushed. Maybe you could play around with the multi-tracks to get a solo to fit the groove a bit more.

Thanks for sharing.

-James

BabuMusic #584386 03/08/20 03:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,

Great! Love the song, vocal and mix. A fun tune delivered perfectly.

Bob

Robertkc #584405 03/08/20 05:03 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Marty,
( not sure about the fiddle break... but then the gal may love it more than I do!).
I trust you have banished that flu with this very enjoyable song.

Robert

Thanks, Robert. The fiddle is kinda supposed to be irritating like my baby who don't. The flu is dormant, but not entirely banished.

Originally Posted By: musician17
Hahahaha - LOVED it!!! So, so much fun ... A special nod to that fiddle solo, too!!! Well done :-)

Thanks for your comment, musician17. Glad you caught the the feel and not the flu!

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Fun song. I really like your vocals on this. Good mix all around and I enjoyed my listen. Good rock and roll...

Thanks, Charlie. I really appreciate your kind words.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Very topical. Wasn't expecting the fiddle solo (which works well).

Good rollicking tune, and the vocals are strong.

Enjoyable.

Peter

Thanks, Peter! Haha. Yeah, the fiddle solo was kinda the cough of the tune.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Fun song, Marty! Love the lyrics. Also really like your vocal, I think you are your own worst critic when it comes to your vocal ability.

Not mad about the fiddle solo to be honest, a little too manic for my tastes. But loved everything else about the track.

Haha. Thanks, Dave. Manic is a good word for that solo; it's supposed to be the irritating part of both the flue and my baby who don't. In a few months our new place should be ready to move into, and I hope then to get some of my friends in to do the important parts. Can I tap you for some of your sweet sounds then?

Originally Posted By: jamestoffee
Hi Marty,

Nice vocal delivery...The lyrics are up to date with the current worldwide COVID 19 spread. Regarding fiddle, I don't mind the instrument in the song for the solo, but it does seem a bit off on the feel/tempo being rushed. Maybe you could play around with the multi-tracks to get a solo to fit the groove a bit more.

Thanks for sharing.

-James

Thanks for your kind words and your suggestion, James. You're right about the mismatch. I've used the multi riff thing before, but...

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Marty,

Great! Love the song, vocal and mix. A fun tune delivered perfectly.

Bob

Thanks, Bob. Stay healthy!

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

BabuMusic #584408 03/08/20 05:14 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,

ROCKIN'!

Fun song. Excellent BAND. The fiddle would not have been my choice, but I've heard bands that include that kind of a maniac-fiddle-guy and that is pretty much how they sound.

Your vocals are EXCELLENT. I'd be quite pleased if I could sing Rock tunes that well... (stop berating that singer, man!!). And they are REALLY well mixed. They sit in the overall mix perfectly (a bunch of people could learn something from you along those lines..)

Well done.

Sick, man! (HA!)

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Marty,

ROCKIN'!

Fun song. Excellent BAND. The fiddle would not have been my choice, but I've heard bands that include that kind of a maniac-fiddle-guy and that is pretty much how they sound.

Your vocals are EXCELLENT. I'd be quite pleased if I could sing Rock tunes that well... (stop berating that singer, man!!). And they are REALLY well mixed. They sit in the overall mix perfectly (a bunch of people could learn something from you along those lines..)

Well done.

Sick, man! (HA!)

fj

Hahaha. Thanks so much for your encouraging comments, floyd. Man, thanks. Like you, I love helping cuz it's a great way to learn, right?

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

BabuMusic #584421 03/08/20 06:58 AM
User Showcase
E
Journeyman
Journeyman
E
Man this came out of the gate like a horse on fire. I knew from the first note that I was going to like this and it got even better from there. Vocals are great and well suited to the style and the song, and they really tell the story, which is the key.

Fantastic work, super fun, and great rockin' blues!

Ed Z

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

BabuMusic #584452 03/08/20 10:52 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great rocking and rolling rock'n'roll smile Very enjoyable vocals with some John and Paul vibes. And I like the crazy fiddle player.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

BabuMusic #584463 03/08/20 11:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Marty,
Head banging flu tune. Definitely approved by rusty spoon. Quite contagious...having the fiddle on the break was strange and courageous. I like it! Gives it hot western twist, probably makes some "classic" rockers furious and pissed. Glad your affair with Ms.F. is over, time to find a healthy "lover". Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

BabuMusic #584527 03/08/20 05:34 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The fiddle wasn't amazing enough to replace expectations - nice idea though.
Good, fun song it is.
Your vocal is cool but most lines end on an esssss and it is quite sibilant. If you edited the end of lines so that the ess was just long enough to make the necessary sound for sense I reckon it'd be killer.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
BabuMusic #584557 03/09/20 12:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Marty,

At school we learned it is 'my baby doesn't', but that won't fit in this cheerful rocker!
The lyrics are fun and so is the song! Must be also fun singing it.
There is one minor thing; I would like your voice more upfront!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
EdZ314 #584598 03/09/20 04:18 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: EdZ314

Fantastic work, super fun, and great rockin' blues!

Thanks, Ed. Glad you enjoyed the ride!

Originally Posted By: jannesan
And I like the crazy fiddle player.

Janne

Thanks, Janne. Sometimes a bit of a mismatch on the soloist tempo seems appropriate, but I've had fiddle players tell me this is a bit of a stretch.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Marty,
Head banging flu tune. Definitely approved by rusty spoon. Quite contagious...
Misha.

Haha. Thanks, Misha! As catchy as the Booggie Woogie Flu. hehe

Originally Posted By: rayc
The fiddle wasn't amazing enough to replace expectations - nice idea though.
Good, fun song it is.
Your vocal is cool but most lines end on an esssss and it is quite sibilant. If you edited the end of lines so that the ess was just long enough to make the necessary sound for sense I reckon it'd be killer.

Thanks, rayc. I always look forward to what you have to say. Thank you so much for your support.

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Marty,

At school we learned it is 'my baby doesn't', but that won't fit in this cheerful rocker!
The lyrics are fun and so is the song! Must be also fun singing it.
There is one minor thing; I would like your voice more upfront!

Hans

Thanks, Hans. Rock 'n' Roll was always the anti-school thing, I guess. But you're right, I am usually quite pedantic, although in 2 different songs I even use a double negative. Cringe!! When I mix others' vocals they are usually more out front; mine not so much. I have a tendency for mixing my bass too loud though.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,514
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195