What I really wish for is for each RealTrack instrument (doesn't matter which one - guitar, piano, fiddle, trumpet, trombone, organ, whatever) come in the following "feelings" that I can pick.

Straight Feel and Swing Feel

Then within each feeling, I should at least get both a 4/4 and a 3/4 time signature (and maybe even 2/4, 6/8, and 12/8).

Then within each time signature, I would like to select multiple appropriate tempos starting at least as low as 60 bpm and working up to 200. I think at the slower tempos, they need to be closer to each other (to avoid the warbling effect we notice when we have to select a tempo that's close, but not exact). So maybe 60, 66, 72, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 140, 160, 180, 200, 240.

Defaults could be picked up based on the settings in the song (for example, if the current style is a waltz - the select 3/4 time, if tempo is 120 - select 120, if current feel is straight - select straight feel). But these could be over-ridden depending upon where you are using them in the song, or whether you are using RealBand versus Band-In-A-Box. Over-rides could be selected by radio buttons or some other way of selecting an attribute. That way you wouldn't need a list with hundreds of instruments. You would just select the instrument, and then select the attributes you want.

Just a thought.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com