Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#586982 - 03/21/20 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song)
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Because it's the right thing to do...

LET'S STAY IN

you've always been one
who enjoyed the spotlight
you love partying with friends
deep into the night
but lately things have gotten crazy
feels like we might drown
maybe we consider
slowing it down
let's go a different way
we can stay right here girl
what do you say

let's stay in
   seems like the best thing we can do
   baby let's stay in
   you take care of me
   i'll take care of you
   let's stay in

i know your friends play
fast and loose with the truth
believe it not
no one's bulletproof
so sooner or later
they'll be caught off guard
laugh all they want
it'll bring them down hard
so let's go a different way
what do you say

let's stay in
   baby let's stay in
   you take care of me
   i'll take care of you
   let's stay in

let's go a different way
what do you say

let's stay in
   baby let's stay in
   you take care of me
   i'll take care of you
   let's stay in
   let's stay in
   let's stay in
   wait for the fade
   let's stay in...

The BAND...
RealTracks in song: ~387:Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 085
RealTracks in song: ~2505:Piano, Electric, HeldChords 085
RealTracks in song: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 3437:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BritPsycPopBalladHighDelay Ev 065
(with a S1 groove delay added)
RealTracks in song: 2745:Synth, Rhythm AltHipHopPadHeld Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: ~2267:Synth, BellPad, Rhythm 80sPopPads Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 3201:Guitar, Electric, Soloist LaidBackBluesyBrent Ev 100
Royalty Free Loops
MIDI tracks Created in Studio One Professional
I played an acoustic guitar track
Some harmonies are created using RealBand

You might as well comment. What else ya got to do?

Stay safe, y'all
Stay well.

fj

#586984 - 03/21/20 07:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Floyd ...

Musically, quite a bit different than what you usually do. But I like it!

As always, your track selection and mix is spot on. The lyric says it all. But I think your chorus, in it's simplicity and very appropriate message really captures the heart of the song. Well done and the best advice possible. When a song is well conceived, well constructed, well delivered, and says something worthwhile ... you can't do much better. Just my thoughts.

Take care and be safe.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#586985 - 03/21/20 07:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice .... Quick listen. I'll be back.

Really nice work. Positive and uplifting and throw in a love story ..... nice work

Edited by Guitarhacker (03/22/20 07:09 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#587020 - 03/22/20 04:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man!

You really moved me with this one, floyd, and I think that's all that needs to be said!

Just what I needed to hear this morning smile

Blue Attitude Website

#587034 - 03/22/20 07:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Expert

FJ,
raising a bar in turbulent times takes skill and will. Excellent supportive song! You really got a hang of using contemporary sounds and still have a traditional Country feel of your tunes. Listens very smooth. When I try to do something like this, it either sounds too banal or too weird, you on the other hand found a solid middle ground fusing styles. Mix & vocals are A+ (I would not expect less smile )
Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#587037 - 03/22/20 07:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
BabuMusic Offline
Journeyman

Man, you are the master, floyd. You make me wanna kneel on the floor raising my arms up and down while bending my head low. Whenever I hear one of your productions, I always feel, "Yeah, that's what I want to be able to do." Well done! Well said!

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box & Cakewalk

#587044 - 03/22/20 07:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Dear Floyd,

WOW - I wouldn't be surprised if this song would break the charts...

Thanks a lot for chosing the subject, and thanks a lot for working it out with such a heck of a tune. Top-notch lyrics, fantastic melody (and what a chorus...), a great backing track and your vocals are simply gorgeous and very convincing.

Good, good, good....

Stay healthy, silverback !!!

Stefan

#587047 - 03/22/20 08:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Good song. Nice production. Outstanding use of BIAB. I like it.

#587057 - 03/22/20 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
1st verse...aw, a love song.
Chorus-See, this is nice
2nd verse-those people are idiots and they get what's coming to them. (Exaggeration) lol
Chorus to End-See, this is nice

Great section builds in this. Just the perfect song for current events. I hope it makes some people on both sides of the fence think!

What a cool song!

So, I responded and am now left with nothing to do. I guess I'll just sit here and wait until you post your next song later this morning. wink

Edited by HearToLearn (03/23/20 08:37 AM)
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#587074 - 03/22/20 10:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: Al-David]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd ...

Musically, quite a bit different than what you usually do. But I like it!

As always, your track selection and mix is spot on. The lyric says it all. But I think your chorus, in it's simplicity and very appropriate message really captures the heart of the song. Well done and the best advice possible. When a song is well conceived, well constructed, well delivered, and says something worthwhile ... you can't do much better. Just my thoughts.

Take care and be safe.

Alan

Alan - glad to see you drop in. Thanks. I hope you are both staying in and staying well!!

Make some music. It's good for the soul.

smile

#587079 - 03/22/20 10:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: WV, USA
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
Very well done Floyd!

#587091 - 03/22/20 12:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
This song captures the moment perfectly Floyd.

Yes, let's all hope people do just that.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#587097 - 03/22/20 12:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
That's the way it's done. laugh

It's got the plausible deniability of appearing to be "just" a love song, with the specifics being vague enough to apply to just about any relationship.

Of course, well written, sung, and produced. Pop and fun to listen to - loved the claps and other loops.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#587106 - 03/22/20 01:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Ronnie Fields Offline
Apprentice

Wow, what a wonderful song.I love it, that sounds like it is so professional!!

#587153 - 03/22/20 05:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: Ronnie Fields]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Floyd you knocked it out of the park again!

A great message here.

This should be on the radio ASAP.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#587161 - 03/22/20 06:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
Great message plus love all the little touches in this that made it distinctive and come alive. We need a campaign to get this on the radio!!

#587176 - 03/22/20 07:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd

Sublime use of all the elements used in making this song.
Wonderful melody, arrangement & vocal. Loved the ending.

Excellent, song writing at it's best!

Peter

#587203 - 03/23/20 03:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
That's cool - a U2 style ballad in the backing and an fj style narrative & melody on top. Works wonderfully well.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#587254 - 03/23/20 09:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This song will be around and relevant as a great song long after Covid-19. The lyrics are as appropriate to general 'love' as they may pertain to the virus.

Instrumentally and lyrically you've written a song that's as pertinent to life after Covid-19 as it is to our current circumstances. Every now and then a song comes along that touches us. You've hit on every now and on every then. You sure pulled it off with this one. It makes my list of favorite Floyd Jane songs...

Enjoyed my listen.

Edited by Charlie Fogle (03/23/20 05:25 PM)
Edit Reason: Improved Clarity

#587288 - 03/23/20 12:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Stay In - (A COVID-19 Song) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
Well, I loved this. Beautiful song, beautifully sung, beautiful lyrics ... and yes, a very important message, too. You're an incredible musician, floyd jane. Bravo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9 Overview & Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes 200 NEW RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Folk & Beyond!

There are 50 new RealStyles for each genre, with MultiStyles included in each genre too!

Learn more about loading and using Xtra Styles PAK 9 in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for the 200 new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 9 with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9: Overview & Demos.

Add Xtra Styles PAK 9 to your band for just $29 until June 30th! Order here.

Windows user? Click here for Windows purchase links and details.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Updated!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 has been updated with a small Free Update Patch that can be downloaded here.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 is packed with 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles, including new gospel & folk categories!

Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info!

See how easy it is to load and use these Loops in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for these new Loops & Styles when you watch our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos.

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac user? Click here for Mac purchase links and details.

NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2!

We're delighted to be adding 200 GROUNDBREAKING RealStyles to the Band-in-a-Box® collection with Xtra Styles PAK 9!

Our new Rock-Pop additions include neo soul with vocals, classic ska with a horn section, a psychedelic sixties pop ballad, heavier action-scene cinematic metal, post-punk folk rock, six-substyle gospel pop MultiStyle with vocals, and more!

With the latest Jazz Xtra Styles, we've added everything from quarter-feel jazz blues to New Orleans Gospel to jazzy disco funk and gentle bossa folk pop, and more! We've also included a brand-new (huge!) ten-substyle "changes" jazz swing MultiStyle with three different soloist options!

The newest Country RealTracks are a real treat! We've fused folk and Americana instruments with the country sounds you know and love: ethereal and songwriter country ballads, a country rock march, country pop with layered cellos, a country soul groove, and much, much more! The included six-substyle summertime country pop MultiStyle will help you create your perfect summertime hit!

Plus, we've added to our Folk & Beyond collection with our Xtra Styles PAK 9 release! There are 50 fresh new styles, including a Cajun jaw harp boogie, cinematic folk with strings, a modern Celtic folk reel, a gentle three-guitar folk ballad, delta blues with shaker - the list goes on! Add Folk & Beyond 2 and you'll also receive a brand-new eight-part mountain folk MultiStyle!

There are 50 new RealStyles in each genre - get them ALL for only $29 until June 30th! Learn more, listen to demos and order here.

But wait... there's MORE!

We've also rolled out 50 NEW Styles and 100 NEW Loops in Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info! Genres include Electronic, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World, plus we're introducing two new genre categories - Gospel and Folk!

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac User? Click here for Mac details and purchase links.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

We never stop! The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 9 (on sale until June 30th - learn more here)!

Update to build 721 and you'll see that we've improved the step-advancing notes display, updated the key command criteria for looping bars from the chordsheet, fixed email client integration, and more.

If you are a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows user, you'll definitely want to update to the latest free patch update!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 721 for Windows and download it here.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box Finds!

I don't know about everyone here, but now that I've settled in to our "new normal" I've taken to rearranging and dusting off many things in order to keep busy and productive!

I'm picking up old hobbies, picking up clutter around the house, and as it turns out - finding forgotten picks!

We snagged these gems many, many, many years ago after The NAMM Show one winter. Check out the old Band-in-a-Box logo! Click here...

Have any of you come across something nostalgic like this these days? Let's see it!
(remember the first Audiophile version?!)

-Callie
Team Marketing

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Dr. Dave" Walker (Dr. Dave On Music) recently received Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac, and he absolutely loves it!

He's written his thoughts in detail, which can (and definitely should) be read here: Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Band-in-a-Box 2020 is a huge advance over even BB2019, with easier to use, more powerful features that give you more information while creating more musical results. You have never had more control of more features which are now much easier to find. The move forward with this version is astonishing. Again … WOW!

My very highest recommendation. Just upgrade! Or if for some strange reason you don’t have it yet, BUY THIS ONE! It will change your musical life!"
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you for the review, Dr. Dave!

Forum Stats
32175 Members
65 Forums
64365 Topics
545634 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
TheJawoo, Amra, luck god, willipeter, nvtmusic

32175 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)