You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#587274 - 03/23/20 11:50 AM [User Showcase] New Blues song TRYING
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I have been listening to Joe Bonnamassa a lot here recently. Innovative blues to say the least. So Brandon McLean sent me an idea and this is what came out of it.

TRYING (V2)

The band is totally BB/RB

Bass 1592
B3 873
Guitars 3436 & 3437
Lead 3438
Drums Northern rock
Ohhs and ahhhs 2976 x2

One lead vocal track

Lyrics

TRYING

I've found that the puzzle is always harder then it looks
I've found there's things, you just can't learn, from any book
I found I sometimes ....I sometimes make mistakes
I found that there's always one more rule to break

The rules of the game, keep changing day by day.
I'd like to win it just one time but it seems there is no way
It's like a game of luck.... that you can never win.
You can't give up, you can't walk out, gotta give it one more spin

I'll keep trying, trying, trying to survive,
I'll keep trying, trying, trying to stay alive
I'll keep trying, trying, one day I realized
I can't lay down and die, So I'm not done trying,

solo

You can lead or follow but don't get in my way
I won't wait until tomorrow, I'm gonna live my life today
I won't let no body, no body bring me down
Stand in line and take your turn I'm gonna get up off the ground

Enjoy

Edited by Guitarhacker (03/25/20 07:40 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#587277 - 03/23/20 12:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Gosh Guitarhacker! Outstanding song and production. Thanks.

Mike B.

#587292 - 03/23/20 01:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Herb

Nicely done - impressive use of the guitar realtracks, and a strong vocal.

Enjoyed it.

Peter

#587346 - 03/23/20 07:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hey Herb ...

You outdid yourself on this one ... terrific song!

This is my favorite of yours that I heard. The lead guitar is perfect. And your vocal is so strong and oozes a powerful surge. This is one of my very favorite listens over the past couple of days. Wishing you the very best...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#587427 - 03/24/20 06:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: cubanpete]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Gosh Guitarhacker! Outstanding song and production. Thanks.

Mike B.

Thanks... glad you liked this. I probably spent more time on the ooooh/ahhhh tracks than anything else. Some copy/paste and lots of enveloping.

#587428 - 03/24/20 06:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: PeterF]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Herb

Nicely done - impressive use of the guitar realtracks, and a strong vocal.

Enjoyed it.

Peter

I was torn between sticking with the nice track for guitar that Real band handed me, or playing my own. I opted to be lazy since I have a number of projects and limited time.... I do think the track was pretty nicely played by RB. On the vocal.... just belt it out. Thanks

#587429 - 03/24/20 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Al-David]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Herb ...

You outdid yourself on this one ... terrific song!

This is my favorite of yours that I heard. The lead guitar is perfect. And your vocal is so strong and oozes a powerful surge. This is one of my very favorite listens over the past couple of days. Wishing you the very best...

Alan

Good to hear I'm still outdoing myself in your opinion. THanks.

#587433 - 03/24/20 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi guitarhacker,

oh, yes, Bonnamassa - unelievable. Another great 'new' blues guy you might enjoy: Mark Kerr. Check out 'Thick Side' (https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtk39). The corresponding album is great, too.

Speakung about 'great' - I do love TRYING a lot - great lyrics, very good vocals (I'm a fan of your singing anyway')and it's got that spoecial blues feeling.Didn't look it up, but I'm pretty sure that wild guitar solo is being played by Brent Mason, right?

Stay healthy,

Stefan

#587438 - 03/24/20 06:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Excellent! Only thing missing is a guitar track from you, although the realtrack is perfect for the song.

I'm really into Joe Bonamassa also, he is the best thing that happened to blues since SRV. Seen him in concert a couple of times, last year at Red Rocks in Colorado was the most recent time (bucket list item).

Great stuff, Herb, enjoyed!

Blue Attitude Website

#587445 - 03/24/20 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

HolyMoly that is loud! After listening the the James/Deej song this nearly blew my speakers set at the same level.

A good overall sound to this. That RT lead is super. The bass and drums are at a good level.

A good vocal with heart. Tucked in well. It has an over-driven sound to it that sometimes sounds like the mic is being hit too hard and red-lining. Do you have a saturation plugin on that? It works well to get the vocal in the mix at the right place (but in a few places it is a tiny bit overdone).

A good listen.

#587452 - 03/24/20 08:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
Elliott Kayne Offline
Apprentice

Great blues tune, nice energy, good production ... just a tip: back off on the volume a bit and add some eq to roll off the top end a bit to smooth out tone. Great job!

http://www.KayneMusic.com
My Posts:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=12285
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/ekayne

#587458 - 03/24/20 08:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Strong message and delivery, I like how first two verses are about obstacles and the last one more positive with fighting spirit. And the chorus ties it together: "I can't lay down and die, so I'm not done trying", powerful. Very emotional singing and the lead guitar is well alive.

Janne

#587471 - 03/24/20 09:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Nice song - good production and performance.

But it comes across on my speakers as harsh, like the high frequencies are hyped and overdriven.

Then again, it could just be my allergies messing with me. Ah, springtime!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#587533 - 03/24/20 03:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
HolyMoly that is loud! After listening the the James/Deej song this nearly blew my speakers set at the same level.

A good overall sound to this. That RT lead is super. The bass and drums are at a good level.

A good vocal with heart. Tucked in well. It has an over-driven sound to it that sometimes sounds like the mic is being hit too hard and red-lining. Do you have a saturation plugin on that? It works well to get the vocal in the mix at the right place (but in a few places it is a tiny bit overdone).

A good listen.

Agreed!! An excellent listen!! But sometimes the saturation (or effect) is a bit too much. Really dig everything about the tune!! Finally got to hear one of yours.....Soundcloud. Take care. Greg

#587630 - 03/25/20 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

NOTE: remixed and reposted.

Version 2 3-25-20

TRYING

Fixes....

BGV lowered bt several dB
Guitar rolled off and smashed.
Vox.... yep I had a saturation plug that I had played with and forgot to remove it. It's gone now.
Vox rolled off the bottom with a high pass shelf
Whole mix, rolled off

See what ye think now

Edited by Guitarhacker (03/25/20 07:45 AM)

#587636 - 03/25/20 08:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
BabuMusic Online   content
Journeyman

Well done on the remix! The guitar is awesome. I thought at first it was you, but looked it up. The ooz and oz are subtle and well used. Man, I wish God gave me a bit a your vocal range. Really strong. Quite an enjoyable tune.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box & Cakewalk

#587642 - 03/25/20 08:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
I can't lay down and die, So I'm not done trying...

What a nice line, Guitarhacker
And what a cool song you made! Your vocals are very strong in it.
At the first notes of your song, just when you start singing, it sounded as if it was a song from Jimy Hendrix.
Soon after that, this feeling disappeared, but that wasn't a pity at all. How you performed in this song is very good. The band is also very good. So I was pleasantly surprised listening to this!

I agree I still had to turn the volume knob down after your adjustments, but I liked what I heard. So you done trying it the good way!

Hans

#587676 - 03/25/20 10:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Blues song TRYING [Re: Guitarhacker]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

Hi herb great vocal lyrics and mix someone said you weren't playing the solo I though it was you I say that because I like your guitarwork thanks for sharing stay safe eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

PG Music News
Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32612 Members
68 Forums
65541 Topics
555706 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Elwood, qbpremier321, Mtsac, Wavd, marshrush

32611 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 185