Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Exactly. Also this came out today:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-was-most-prepared-country-in-the-world-for-pandemics-johns-hopkins-study-found-in-2019

The US was the most prepared country in the world for a pandemic? All I've read is how crappy we've been including here. I'm getting a little tired of it guys.

This is a serious situation, keep politics out of it.

Bob

Doesn't matter how prepared you are if the leader ignores the threat and goes golfing. And it is NOT about politics. But amusing you quote the ultimate politically biased "news" source!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Bob

A super big +1

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
hmmm is that what I said? Go reread what I typed please (typo’s and all if needed - my typing sucks, so be it)

I never “typed” or said (yet) it was a "Chinese" virus. I did type “…CHINA CAUSED EVENT…” (anyone not know what an ellipsis is?):

1) It originated in China (no fault of theirs, at least no proof anyway), and

2) China (i.e., the communist gov’t thereof) hid it from world for at least 2-3 weeks if not a full month or more. See the supplied links, I include them again so no one has to scroll back up. This thread has been sort of reduced to links to “the truth” – to web pages that never lie, are never altered in anyway, EVER, by anyone -(honest trust me I 'd never....) and all those links only include pure, unadulterated, and universal objective truth and it is as solid as the Ten Commandments, as given Moses on stone tables and written by the finger of the Almighty Himself! (how many PC infractions did I just incur? I don't care) Hence, my links are as good as the stone tables as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2019%E2%80%9320_coronavirus_pandemic_in_November_2019_%E2%80%93_January_2020#17_November_2019

https://www.businessinsider.com/5-million-left-wuhan-before-coronavirus-quarantine-2020-1

Having beat that dead horse some more, I must beat it a few more strokes. For context I said it before, I’ll say it again: no horse is ever so dead it can’t be beat some more.

After reading links and other sources (be my guest do more Googling) - do we reasonably agree it originated in China or not? Unless, of course, you have proof of other origins and patient zero locations. Maybe Mongolia, Vietnam (China and Vietnam are not really very friendly), Nepal, Canada (they never get credit for a good spy program)...?

Or maybe it is true, maybe the tin hat folks are right: it was created by USAMRIID or other U.S. Gov’t Lab maybe even evil BIG PHARMA (to cash in on the cures?) developed this strain and then Rambo, or Bourne or other black program operative or simply a lowly U.S. Army SOF operator(s), out of say of CENTCOM, went to wine & dine as a cover in Wuhan and sprinkled it around. Tell you what, I'll come out of retirement and I’ll personally look into all the unacknowledged codeword programs and get back to you on that one.

We are finally at the “dead horse beating" part: If it originated in China then by definition, and general English word construction, that really does make it a “Chinese” virus.

Compare English usage to other similar references: It’s not a “Japan” restaurant it is a “Japanese” restaurant; it’s not a “Turkey” restaurant (unless all they serve is turkey meat or they only serve meals to turkeys - LOL) it’s a “Turkish” restaurant; it’s not a “China” restaurant (unless we are in China or they only serve china plates, bowls, cups etc. – again LOL) it’s a “Chinese” restaurant.

Finally, one earlier viewer admonished me that I didn't need to visit this thread if I didn't find it useful, OK he was and is right! So I will see most of you on other posts here at the PG MUSIC forums, assuming you don't block me, but not here (have fun I guess)

To all be safe, be well, be healthy and go live life (or is that GET A LIFE).

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 03/24/20 01:15 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I knew you or someone would say that about Fox JJJ! I've been prepared and waiting!

Check this out! It's the actual study! On the Johns Hopkins website!

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/02/27/trump-johns-hopkins-study-pandemic-coronaviruscovid-19-649-em0-art1-dtd-health/

Bob!

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

I don't think there's any doubt the virus started in China.

The trouble with calling it the "Chinese Virus" is that it gives racists just another excuse to assault and harass Asians of all backgrounds for something they have nothing to do with.

I'm sure they are just as scared as the rest of us about this whole mess.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 03/24/20 03:11 PM.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Thanks, Noel, for reminding "us" about the obvious. I love your even temper and measured response.

There's a deeply ingrained hubris in the American psyche that assumes every gathering is led by us. The US seems to have rather purposefully given up a role of leadership in the world, but not every American netizen has received the memo. Thanks for your forbearance as "we" deal with this character flaw.

As for the President? I am with most of the rest of the world in saying that he holds no active place in my mind and daily thoughts. I like it that way. That's the way I've lived most of my life--without a single thought about Donald Trump. Neither "yeah" nor "nay". Just absence. Beyond that, when prompted to have a thought he occupies, he gave up access to my soul long before he was elected. How I long for those happy days again.

Do the best you can, everybody. You don't need me to tell you that, because you will.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Two steps forward and one step back;

"Trump says there will be 'suicides by the thousands' if the US coronavirus shutdown continues"

"As countries around the world lock down to prevent the spread of the virus, President Donald Trump is pushing for Americans to return to work.

"We have to put the country to work," he said on Fox News Tuesday, warning that if the economy suffers, there will be "suicides by the thousands."

During a Monday evening press briefing, Trump said that deaths caused by a poor economy "definitely would be in far greater numbers than the numbers that we're talking about with regard to the virus."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-suicides-thousands-us-183713796.html

And some people wonder why Trump is getting called out by so many Americans. This is appalling.

Calling criticism of him "politics" is BS folks. He is fumbling his way through so many things that affect the survival of millions and the only thing he cares about is how everything affects him.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 03/24/20 08:00 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Why Trump's call to restart the economy in April is being derided as 'totally nuts'

The virtual shutdown of the U.S. economy is barely a week old, yet the debate over when to restart is already in full swing — even as coronavirus cases surge.

The coronavirus pandemic has infected nearly 400,000 people worldwide. With over a dozen U.S. states ordering citizens to remain indoors and shutting down establishments deemed non-essential, economists think the world’s largest economy has already been thrust into a deep recession.

The nearly $2 trillion stimulus package being hammered out in Washington is meant to help stave off the mounting economic carnage, but millions of jobs are still expected to be lost in the coming weeks.

The damage — both economic and political — has stoked a widening debate over when the U.S. can return to a semblance of normalcy. With his re-election chances likely to be defined by a recovery from the crisis, President Donald Trump on Tuesday called for the economy to be restarted by April 12.

“You’re basically turning off the country…that’s never been done before,” Trump told a Fox News town hall.

“Its been very painful for our country. It’s been very destabilizing for our country…but we have to go back to work,” the president added.

‘Totally nuts’
Yet public health experts and Wall Street economists are pushing back against the suggestion that the U.S. economy can restart in a matter of weeks, warning about the risks posed if infections continue to surge. There are now nearly 50,000 domestic COVID-19 cases, with New York considered an epicenter of new infections.

“The experience with China has been you shut down everything for 2-3 months, the number of [new] cases goes to zero, and then you restore economic activity gradually, and that’s the right thing to do,” economist Nouriel “Dr. Doom” Roubini told Yahoo Finance in an interview on Tuesday.

However, Roubini warned that accelerating that timetable would be a recipe for disaster — arguing that the U.S.’s caseload could easily top 500,000 within a month given the rapidly accelerating infection rate.

“This idea we’re going to restart everything soon enough in a week or so is totally nuts,” the famed economist said. “It’s the worst thing you can do, it’s going to be a nightmare and it’s going to imply that [the U.S.] ends up into a depression.”

He added: “Think about what’s going to happen to this economy if you don’t shut down everything for a month or two, whatever it takes, to stop this contagion.”

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why-trump-to-restart-the-economy-in-april-is-being-derided-as-totally-nuts-190129407.html

People need to speak up now to stop this lunatic from savaging our country with 10's of thousands of Americans dead.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 03/24/20 06:59 PM.
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Well here in South Africa we are now entering a 21 day lockdown from Friday. Only Supermarkets/pharmacies/healthcare will remain open.

People are going nuts. They are panic buying, standing/shopping shoulder to shoulder! They seem to think if they don't look you in the eye then then they won't get it or give it...

It is actually surrealistic ...

Our infection rate is now starting to spike..

I think its going to get worse before it will get better.

It feels like War of the World's Red Weed that is spreading. I wonder where the Aliens actually landed first , Wuhan?

I'm doing allright for Country Trash ....

I used to care, but things have changed (Bob Dylan)

BIAB 2022W + RB
M-Audio FastTrack C600, Rode NT2-A
Digitech VoiceLive 4

Epiphone Sheraton, Ibanez 12str, Washburn 6str, Cort 6Str Nylon
Yanagisawa Tenor Sax

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
8ujNg6H.jpg (40.86 KB, 153 downloads)

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
EXACTLY Steve!

What makes trolls annoying is if you ignore them they get more demanding for your attention.

If you give them any attention, they get more demanding for your attention.

Now back to people not changing their minds...

Last edited by HearToLearn; 03/25/20 07:29 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Bob

A super big +1

+2

I was enjoying the tread in the beginning out of concern for the people here.

Now it's become the most political "NOT POLITICAL!!!!!!!" post I have seen.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob, just stop it. Please?

The question when to put everybody back to work is the 800 pound gorilla. What is the timeline? What should it be? What could it be? "The cure is worse than the disease" is a legitimate point to raise.

This is a real debate that is going on right now. This 2T stimulus package is designed to cover a portion of workers paychecks for 4 months. In addition to that $1,200 to each individual making less than 75K. All that does is move this thing from being a total catastrophe to a mere standard disaster.

People are being trained to be very careful now, we all can see it. The behavior is slowly being ingrained into everybody, some more than others. I'm in LA and do taxes. I work from home and the office. The building is only open to tenants with electronic security cards. Swipe to open the door and again to use the elevator. In the office we're all staying apart, lots of sanitizer and wipes. I use fresh paper towels from the mens room to open the door to anywhere then wash my hands all the time.

I'm pretty sure everybody in the country is doing the same thing now. Give it a few more weeks for this safety training to become even more ingrained and I think it will be safe enough for everyone to get back to work. Imagine an office with say 50 people in cubicles and a few are sloppy with this. Trust me the others will come down on them hard and if they don't they'll get sent home.

When I say "safe enough" I'm not saying as safe as it was before, I mean the risk while still there is manageable. Obviously we're not there yet but another 3 to 5 weeks we could be.

Bottom line we can probably agree next week is too soon and year end is too long because if we stay in lockdown until Christmas that would be an economic catastrophe this country has never seen before. Any nation's national security is based on it's economy. The question then is at what time between next week and Christmas do we get back to work?

Don't ridicule the President for talking about that.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

We're obviously coming at this from different viewpoints, and that is perfectly okay.

It appears that you have some confidence in Trump to try to do the right thing. That must be a pretty good feeling.

I have absolutely NO confidence in Trump to even try to the right thing. That's not a good feeling. I honestly believe the only person he cares about is himself. Everything else is just a political calculation about what might help him get re-elected.

I'm not naive enough to believe that politicians don't make calculations like that all the time. This the only time I've ever even suspected that a sitting president couldn't possibly care less about this country and its people beyond what they could do for him.

I won't be quiet about that.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"The cure is worse than the disease" is a legitimate point to raise.

Legitmate point?? It's a stinking platitude! Which is the most offensive ignorant misinformed piece of crap platitude I have ever heard. Period. It's disgusting mentally ill fascist talk from an ignoramus and cohorts who values money and adoration over all else and are more concerned about an upcoming election than public health. Makes me want to puke.

The disease being referred to in this case is literally DEATH - there is nothing worse than death where death can be preventable. This is not just an old people's problem. 48% of the deaths in this country are people under fifty.

This is not about a senseless outrageous slogan a politician made up. The only legitimate point is life and death.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance

Legitmate point?? It's a stinking platitude! Which is the most offensive ignorant misinformed piece of crap platitude I have ever heard. Period. It's disgusting mentally ill fascist talk from an ignoramus and cohorts who values money and adoration over all else and are more concerned about an upcoming election than public health. Makes me want to puke.

The disease being referred to in this case is literally DEATH - there is nothing worse than death where death can be preventable. This is not just an old people's problem. 48% of the deaths in this country are people under fifty.

This is not about a senseless outrageous slogan a politician made up. The only legitimate point is life and death.

Its good to hear from you Sundance. Take care and be safe.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Sundance

Well said Sundance!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm talking the big picture. Everybody understands medical triage. I'm talking about economic triage.

Are you willing to throw this country's and the entire world's economy's into total ruin over a virus that has a better than a 99% survival rate? Just like in an ER, sometimes difficult decisions must be made and some will die including me because I'm 74. That doesn't change the calculation. Doesn't matter if anyone believes Trumps motives, the question about how long to stay locked down remains.

Doesn't matter who's in power.

Bob

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

The economy will recover.

Dead people won't.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,549
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173