You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#589639 - 04/04/20 07:33 AM [User Showcase] May we Grow Love - a prayer for these difficult times
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hello All

Well, suddenly things get real. My music partner and wonderful guitarist, Lebz, father has passed as a result of Covid-19. I am so devasted for him.

Liz Petty wrote these lyrics and also, this time gave me the music. Just a simple backing of drums, bass and piano. No harmonies. Just one lead vocal.

Liz sent me the lovely photographs which are just perfect for the song.

Comments are welcome:

Lyrics
(C) (C/B) (Am) (C/G) (F) (G)
may we (C) know (C/B) (Am) closeness (C/G) with (F) distance
and (G) kindness with our (C) love
may we (C) know (C/B) (Am) comfort (C/G) with (F) quiet
and (G) know when faith is (C) enough

(C) may we know (C/B) (Am) (C/G) may we (G) find
may we (F) share humanli(C)ty
may we (F) grow (C) love may we (G) grow (C) love

may we (C) find (C/B) (Am) courage (C/G) for (F) questions
and (G) answers for (C) strength
may we (C) find (C/B) (Am) hunger (C/G) for (F) beauty
and (G) truth joy hope and (C) grace

may we (C) share (C/B) (Am) wonders (C/G) of (F) silence
and (G) power of our (C) dreams
may we (C) share (C/B) (Am) sweetness (C/G) of (F) passion
and (G) share in the prayers of (C) peace

#589656 - 04/04/20 10:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: May we Grow Love - a prayer for these difficult times [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
So sorry, Joanne, Lebz and all. This is so very sad. Love the lyrics with all the contrast. "may we know closeness wit distance" Such beautiful words throughout.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 9

#589678 - 04/04/20 12:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: May we Grow Love - a prayer for these difficult times [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Beautiful song and tribute.
My condolences to those who will miss him.

Sadly, many will following.

Thanks for sharing.

I also need to give you thanks for helping me discover BIAB.
I had no idea what it was or how to use it.
I watched one of your vids and subsequently put it on my Xmas wish list last December.

Moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#589692 - 04/04/20 01:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: May we Grow Love - a prayer for these difficult times [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Beautiful, Joanne.

#589716 - 04/04/20 02:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: May we Grow Love - a prayer for these difficult times [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Absolutely a beautiful tribute to a loved one that was sung by a fantastic singer. I could hear your pain in this song.

Unfortunately her father is one of many that will pass this year. Our condolences to all whom have lost a loved one.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#589740 - 04/04/20 03:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: May we Grow Love - a prayer for these difficult times [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Expert

Loc: Central Ohio
What a wonderful tribute. Your voice is so beautiful.
Sincere condolences to the family. This COVID is a terrible thing.
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --

#589778 - 04/04/20 05:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: May we Grow Love - a prayer for these difficult times [Re: JoanneCooper]
Robertkc Online   content
Veteran

A beautiful and moving tribute, Joanne.

Robert

#589806 - 04/04/20 08:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: May we Grow Love - a prayer for these difficult times [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Wonderful tribute sung beautifully.

#589820 - 04/04/20 09:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: May we Grow Love - a prayer for these difficult times [Re: JoanneCooper]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Lovely. The story behind it is so sad but only makes the song move beautiful.

#589880 - 04/05/20 07:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: May we Grow Love - a prayer for these difficult times [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Nice song.

Condolences.

fj

#590226 - 04/06/20 05:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: May we Grow Love - a prayer for these difficult times [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Pretty song Joanne! I have been lucky enough to not know any victims of this terrible pandemic, but my time will probably come. It is tragic. Thanks for sharing this sweet song!! Take care. Greg

PG Music News
How to: Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our Tips & Tricks videos are great for quickly learning a feature within Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you know you can you can associate song files so that they open up directly in Band-in-a-Box®? Chantelle explains how in one of our latest videos, Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

The Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Ends Sunday, July 31st!

There's still some time left to save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Sunday, July 31, 2022!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

Learn more about the new features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Review

A 5-STAR reveiew - wow!

Read what Sound-Guy (Dennis) has to say about Band-in-a-Box® 2022 with their latest review, Review: Band-in-a-Box 2022.

"Band in a Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to compose, arrange and mix songs."
-Dennis J Wilkins

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is eXtra Ready!

We've made Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows eXtra Ready!

Thinking of adding the new XPro Styles PAK 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 to your Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Download the latest program update, which adds support for these new Add-ons!

Oh, and the XPro Styles PAKs and Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until July 31st... save up to 40%!

Learn more, listen to demos, and purchase:
XPro Styles PAKs
Xtra Styles PAKs

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac - Special EXTENDED to July 31st!

Great news! We've extended our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac special until July 31st!

Order during our special and save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK!

Purchase your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our special and add over 50 new features and a FREE Bonus PAK! We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Bonus RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar, Instrumental Studies Set 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing, Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocal Volume 2, RealDrums Stems Set 2, and Look Ma! More MIDI 8) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in these packages, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

How to: Connect a MIDI Keyboard and Change Patches in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our team has put together a video that covers how to connect a MIDI keyboard to Band-in-a-Box, record, and change MIDI patches.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: How to connect a MIDI keyboard and change patches

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac - Time is Running Out to Save Up To 50%

Save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Friday, July 15, 2022!

Purchase your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our special and add over 50 new features and a FREE Bonus PAK! We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Bonus RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar, Instrumental Studies Set 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing, Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocal Volume 2, RealDrums Stems Set 2, and Look Ma! More MIDI 8) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in these packages, and listen to demos here.

Forum Stats
36358 Members
64 Forums
75241 Topics
661448 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
williamsantos30@, Chimble, silentsmith, IMMusic, bobpage

36358 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 176
AudioTrack 165