You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#351109 - 05/24/16 04:17 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Where to find *MGU files of famous songs?
Asian Sun Offline
Enthusiast

Where can we find MGU files of famous songs that we can use to make our own tracks or versions?

#351110 - 05/24/16 04:39 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: Asian Sun
Where can we find MGU files of famous songs that we can use to make our own tracks or versions?

Some here
Biab files 1

Biab files 2

Use at your own risk!
Virus check all downloaded files first
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#351111 - 05/24/16 04:42 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
there is a band in a box group on YahooGroups, and they have a very large collection of files that can be downloaded. You have to join the groups individually to access the files.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files/info

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files2/info

The files used to contain melody and lyrics, but a few years ago whoever manages the site removed anything that is protected by copyright.

#351238 - 05/24/16 08:22 PM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

#523490 - 02/09/19 07:36 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
guichard Offline
Enthusiast

#593030 - 04/19/20 04:18 PM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Yendog Offline
Enthusiast

I constantly am astonished that there is not a vibrant forum for trading BIAB files SOMEWHERE. It's SO weird. The yahoo groups above are dead.

There's the regular same links to the same pages as always.

I'm surprised that the forums here dont have a dedicated "Trade your .sgu .mgu creations" that is more vibrant.

Also I'm sure theres some folks that are brilliant in building up a song that very much represents particular recording with voicings/hits/vibe/etc... I'm pretty good at it but I'd really imaging there would be a market for such a thing from someone who was really good and fast at it.

Basically:

"Send me the track you want reproduced in BIAB and i'll create it and send you the .sgu or .mgu"

I guarantee folks would pay for that.. but i've never seen it (ps.. I don't want this job) :-)

But I'm always shocked when i'll do a search for some very VERY well known tune and somehow NO WHERE is it out there to get... when I know theres probalby been hundreds if not thousands of people that have already built it.

Am I missing some killer forum somewhere and can someone send me the link if so? :-)

#593124 - 04/20/20 06:36 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
There are some on my website. They don’t have the Melody

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/guitar-backing-tracks

#593190 - 04/20/20 12:44 PM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Yendog]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: Yendog
I constantly am astonished that there is not a vibrant forum for trading BIAB files SOMEWHERE. It's SO weird. The yahoo groups above are dead.

I'm surprised that the forums here dont have a dedicated "Trade your .sgu .mgu creations" that is more vibrant.

Also I'm sure theres some folks that are brilliant in building up a song that very much represents particular recording with voicings/hits/vibe/etc... I'm pretty good at it but I'd really imaging there would be a market for such a thing from someone who was really good and fast at it.

Basically:

"Send me the track you want reproduced in BIAB and i'll create it and send you the .sgu or .mgu"

I guarantee folks would pay for that.. but i've never seen it (ps.. I don't want this job) :-)

But I'm always shocked when i'll do a search for some very VERY well known tune and somehow NO WHERE is it out there to get... when I know theres probalby been hundreds if not thousands of people that have already built it.

Am I missing some killer forum somewhere and can someone send me the link if so? :-)

The internet use to have many websites filled with midi song interpretations. Those interpretations were deemed to be infringing on copyrights and sites were told to pay royalties, close or be sued out of existence.

Distribution of MGU or SGU song files face the same issue. It's just not worth the hassle. The websites that offer midi files pay royalties or risk being sued out of existence. Evidently there is not enough demand for Band-in-a-Box MGU or SGU song files to make creating and offering them for sale profitable.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 1909, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#593937 - 04/24/20 02:43 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

Loc: UK
there are karaoke midi files available on a pay basis. here's just one
https://www.midi.com.au/genres/midi-karaoke/

for 'clones' of particualr tracks, these will open fine in RealBand with any distinctive riffs or instrumental breaks reproducd as close as midi can get them.

BIAB is not the program for 'cloning' commercial tracks. you could put in the chords for satisfaction by the rolling stones and you'd still have to record the guitar riff and the bass part wouldn't be what Bill Wyman played either.

with a karaoke track opened in RealBand you'll get as close to the recording as posible.

#594196 - 04/25/20 10:58 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Bob Calver]
Loc: Northern Virginia and Cochella...
Budmanvet Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Northern Virginia and Cochella...
I use with great success Norton Music, owner is Notes Norton!
Google Norton Music and have a look!

#598407 - 05/21/20 12:05 PM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Pat Marr]
etcjoe Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
there is a band in a box group on YahooGroups, and they have a very large collection of files that can be downloaded. You have to join the groups individually to access the files.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files/info

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files2/info

The files used to contain melody and lyrics, but a few years ago whoever manages the site removed anything that is protected by copyright.

The yahoo groups no longer exist as yahoo stopped hosting groups.

You have to go to groups.io, look for the Band In A Box Independent User Group. Join and have access to a whole lot of files including mgu files of standards, pop, rock, italian, latin just about any song you want.

#598410 - 05/21/20 12:11 PM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Yendog]
etcjoe Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Yendog

Basically:

The users group for Yahoo migrated to Groups.io when Yahoo stopped hosting groups a while back. The group is called Band In A Box Independent User Group. You have to have a Groups.io account, free, and then join the group. Plenty of files still available there.

PG Music News
The Xtra Styles PAK & Loops-with-Style PAK Special ENDS TODAY!

It's the last day to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

ORDER NOW! OUR SPECIAL ENDS TODAY!

Save more than 50% when you order Xtra Styles PAKs & Loops-with-Style PAKs for Band-in-a-Box®!

Add 200 Groundbreaking NEW RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9 for $29 (reg. $49) and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for just $19 (reg. $29)! Or, add all 1,400+ RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 1-9 for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more:
Xtra Styles PAKs
Loops-with-Style PAKs

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

Changing Languages in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows #TipTuesday

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows translations are now available in 8 different languages!

Adding a "language patch" is easy - simply head to the language forum of your choice, and look for a pinned post announcing the new version. Requests can also be sent to sales@pgmusic.com.

Once you've installed the language patch, simply open the program and voilà - translated!

To switch back to the English version of Band-in-a-Box, in the program you would select Options | Language Selection... choose USA English, then restart the program.

Learn more about the Options menu in Band-in-a-Box® here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows translated versions currently available:
Danish
Dutch
French
German
Polish
Italian
Spanish
Swedish

Add-ons Special ENDING! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still A LITTLE time left to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

ORDER NOW! OUR SPECIAL ENDS JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

RealBand® Turns 12!

RealBand® for Windows® is your all-in-one audio workstation and accompaniment program, and if you've purchased a copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows in the last decade, it's been included in your purchase!

We released RealBand in July 2008, along with Band-in-a-Box® 2008.5.

"RealBand brings a new level of ease and flexibility to anyone creating recordings. Record your own tracks, type in the chords, pick a style, and then add any MIDI or audio (Real) tracks to follow your chords - all in a single program. For example, type in chords to your song, generate a RealDrums track, record in your guitar and vocal parts. Then put on your 'arranger' hat and have some fun automatically adding RealTracks - maybe a guitar solo, or pedal steel background for the bridge."

We hope everyone enjoys using RealBand, which combines some great features from our PowerTracks Pro Audio program with the powerful accompaniment features from Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Spanish for Windows is Here!

¡Hay más de 50 nuevas características en Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Hay mejoras en RealTracks (RealTracks Vocal de Sonido más Suave, RealTracks Engrosamiento, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" y MultiRiffs). La mayoría de los RealDrums ahora tienen RealCharts (con notación de batería precisa). Hay un nuevo navegador de Artistas RealTracks para encontrar información / biografías / enlaces / listas de RealTracks en todos los artistas. Un nuevo Navegador de Funciones permite al usuario nuevo u "olvidadizo" encontrar y usar fácilmente la mayoría de las funciones / teclas de acceso rápido / documentos desde una sola ventana. Ecualizar Tempo permite cambiar una canción de rubato grabada a un tempo fijo. Tiempo de audio mejorado / estiramiento de tono (Elastique) incluido. Hay mejoras en el Selector de Canciones, Bajo/Batería o Batería solo Auto-Intros, 3.400 títulos añadidos, mejoras MusicXML, guitarra para "Zurdos" y "Vista de estudiante", mejoras de Arrastrar y Soltar, Ventana Múltiple del Mago del Acorde de Audio y mucho más!

COMPRE/ACTUALIZE Y DESCARGUE YA!

Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Forum Stats
32497 Members
68 Forums
65220 Topics
552667 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
BeaverStudio, jameslee, maukka, Micky Rai, Chris Potter

32496 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 176
Jim Fogle 159