Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#594385 - 04/26/20 03:09 PM [User Showcase] Book Of Days ( Spirit Level)
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

A new song from Scott/Robert.
This one started with a bluesy shuffle from Scott I nudged towards folk rock.
To sum up the lyrics: "go West not so young man,even if its the last thing you do".
Our newly minted Spirit Level survived a test here due to Scott`s unflappable nature and generous forgiveness of the late changes I threw at him: thanks pardner!!

Book Of Days

Style is _RIDER.STY (Rider Americana Shuffle)

RealTracks in style: 1583:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130
RealTracks in style: 3106:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaFolkShuffleSyncHighBrent Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 3105:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaFolkShuffleSyncLowBrent Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 3126:Mandola, Rhythm AmericanaFolkShuffleSyncAndy Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 3129:Mandola, Background AmericanaFolkShuffleSyncAndy Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 3145:Fiddle, 5-string, Background Folk68ChopsAndy Sw 060
RealDrums [in style:BluesRockShuffle^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Open HiHat
Scott`s Guitars:
Les Paul R9 and Gretsch Duojet
Effects Eventide H9 and JRocket Archer
Amp Marshall 1974x

Book Of Days

there`s a house with no fence around blissful
in three sleeps on the rise of a hill
Annie shall know it always was closest
to things the Ordainer wills

I grew old you pretended not to notice
taking you down dead end dirt roads
please find enclosed it sticks in my throat
my request not that I`m owed

carry me always westering
the river carries the sky
read me a page from the book of days
in a child`s dewdrop eyes
my love beyond all parting
I`m satisfied

all is prepared for your reception
I hear footsteps running room to room
axle creaks rise above these defeats
you`ll greet that Oregon dawn

I`m satisfied

chisel my wish in stone
wind take this song from my bones

I`m satisfied

© Robert Cordrey April 2020

#594401 - 04/26/20 06:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Robert & Scott,

A very enjoyable song. Interesting lyrics, a really interesting melody.

A super cool sounding BAND. Very original sounding. And Scott's guitar fits in perfectly. Some of your best guitar work, I think.

A nice vocal, too. And a good mix. Cool song.

I like it.

fj

#594414 - 04/27/20 01:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Very good guys, you have developed your own signature sound I think.

You haven't done a song yet that I didn't like, keep them coming!

Blue Attitude Website

#594428 - 04/27/20 05:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Very nice! I really like the lyrics, they paint a nice vivid picture.(I grew old, you pretended not to notice...)

I agree with Floyd, really nice guitar work. Love the intro. And your vocals sound great.

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve

#594437 - 04/27/20 06:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
BabuMusic Offline
Journeyman

A wonderful song with interesting story in the lyrics, and well sung, Robert. Man, Scott really lifts the whole production to a very polished level.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box & Cakewalk

#594444 - 04/27/20 06:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Evocative lyrics bouncing along to that very homey beat. Definitely a 60's 70's light rock vibe to my ears. I really enjoyed this.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#594498 - 04/27/20 12:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Steve Young]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert & Scott,

A very enjoyable song. Interesting lyrics, a really interesting melody.

A super cool sounding BAND. Very original sounding. And Scott's guitar fits in perfectly. Some of your best guitar work, I think.

A nice vocal, too. And a good mix. Cool song.

I like it.

fj

Thanks Floyd; this is a nice Biab style to begin with, though I take the credit for adding the fiddle chops... and give Scott all honours for delivering such cool solos and support guitars.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Very good guys, you have developed your own signature sound I think.

You haven't done a song yet that I didn't like, keep them coming!

Dave,
This lockdown has been quite productive for writing and focusing on music; we do have more coming!

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Very nice! I really like the lyrics, they paint a nice vivid picture.(I grew old, you pretended not to notice...)

I agree with Floyd, really nice guitar work. Love the intro. And your vocals sound great.

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve

I`m glad you got the story, Steve;thanks for your comments.

Robert

#594622 - 04/28/20 03:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Spirit Level

Nice work all round, lyric, vocal, guitar (nice whammy) and overall production.
Really nice melody on the chorus, and I enjoyed those harmonies.

Very strong work.

Peter

#594742 - 04/28/20 06:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Tangmo]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
A wonderful song with interesting story in the lyrics, and well sung, Robert. Man, Scott really lifts the whole production to a very polished level.

Marty,
I thank you for that and agree- Scott came through (twice really as mentioned in the intro), blazing on this.

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Evocative lyrics bouncing along to that very homey beat. Definitely a 60's 70's light rock vibe to my ears. I really enjoyed this.

My inspiration for the band sound came from a couple of celtic folk rock bands - The Waterboys & Runrig.I hope we captured a little of that feel.
Thanks for your positive comments.

Robert

#595023 - 04/30/20 12:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Thanks everyone for checking out the song. Really glad everyone has enjoyed it.

#595035 - 04/30/20 01:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Sounds great guys!

Love the vocals. Awesome guitar as usual. Super lyrics.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#595214 - 05/01/20 05:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: David Snyder]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Spirit Level

Nice work all round, lyric, vocal, guitar (nice whammy) and overall production.
Really nice melody on the chorus, and I enjoyed those harmonies.

Very strong work.

Peter

Thanks for that Peter- I like the whammy thing Scott throws in too!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Sounds great guys!

Love the vocals. Awesome guitar as usual. Super lyrics.

David,
I`m still not quite there with how to process vocals for the rock numbers, but I appreciate your likes on this.

Robert

#595346 - 05/02/20 07:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Illinois
That's certainly different.

Kinda draws you in wanting to hear where it's going.

#595360 - 05/02/20 09:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

This is a very fine tune. The lyrics read like poetry. Beautiful vocals. I love the electric guitar. A well played electric guitar is my favorite instrument and this meets that definition.

#595365 - 05/03/20 12:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
I really love this. Beautiful lyrics, understated but brilliant music and performance. Started my morning the right way with this - thanks!

#595367 - 05/03/20 01:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Robbert and Scott,

This is a really nice song!
Very nice vocals and a gorgeous lead guitar.
Like it very much and 'I`m satisfied'!

Hans

#595424 - 05/03/20 07:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Thanks again everyone for the awesome comments.

#595500 - 05/03/20 01:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"This one started with a bluesy shuffle from Scott I nudged towards folk rock. "

Yep, and a bit toward a melding of Jefferson Airplane and the Dead to our ears.
Airplane in ambiance and the Dead with that bounce in the rhythm.

We really liked the write and particularly:

"I grew old you pretended not to notice taking you down dead end dirt roads please find enclosed it sticks in my throat my request not that I`m owed"

Your vocal delivers the whole feel very effectively and, man, that guitar is wonderful.

You guys have found a great niche on the showcase!

Enjoyed it.

J&B

#595517 - 05/03/20 03:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Birchwood]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
That's certainly different.

Kinda draws you in wanting to hear where it's going.

Thanks Captain!

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
This is a very fine tune. The lyrics read like poetry. Beautiful vocals. I love the electric guitar. A well played electric guitar is my favorite instrument and this meets that definition.

Thank you for that- much appreciated!

Originally Posted By: musician17
I really love this. Beautiful lyrics, understated but brilliant music and performance. Started my morning the right way with this - thanks!

Beginning your day with our sunset song and saying such nice things- thank you!

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Robbert and Scott,

This is a really nice song!
Very nice vocals and a gorgeous lead guitar.
Like it very much and 'I`m satisfied'!

Hans

Hans,
We aim to please; thanks for your listen.

Robert

#595609 - 05/04/20 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Book Of Days ( Spirit Level) [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Very enjoyable shuffle, the chorus is really nice and catchy, the solo is very beautiful. I can really feel the Celtic influences you mentioned and also I can hear Thin Lizzy, especially in Scott's guitar sound and playing. You have found your own style, I'm just amazed how much creative and very productive collaboration there's on this forum. I'm already waiting for your new songs smile

Janne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Add-ons Special Almost Over! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

An Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is Here!

The latest Band-in-a-Box 2020 update announcement is HUGE!

With this updated version, easily find your (purchased) Xtra Styles PAK 9 RealStyles in the updated StylePicker window, [ctrl] and [shift] shortcut keys will allow you to open your RealDrums picker and preferences windows with one 'click', there are improvements to Bar Based Lyric entry, stable playback of style demos, the UPDATED DAW Plugin is included, and more!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more!

We've made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Watch it...

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac b412 and download here.

Forum Stats
32458 Members
68 Forums
65111 Topics
551657 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
rod_house, RichOnStage, Budgeman, JohnyBlacks, Bruce K.

32457 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 178
MusicStudent 143
Matt Finley 139
Jim Fogle 135
MarioD 106
Rustyspoon# 105
rayc 101
Janice & Bud 100
Pipeline 100
floyd jane 96