You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#351109 - 05/24/16 04:17 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Where to find *MGU files of famous songs?
Asian Sun Offline
Enthusiast

Where can we find MGU files of famous songs that we can use to make our own tracks or versions?

#351110 - 05/24/16 04:39 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: Asian Sun
Where can we find MGU files of famous songs that we can use to make our own tracks or versions?

Some here
Biab files 1

Biab files 2

Use at your own risk!
Virus check all downloaded files first
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#351111 - 05/24/16 04:42 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
there is a band in a box group on YahooGroups, and they have a very large collection of files that can be downloaded. You have to join the groups individually to access the files.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files/info

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files2/info

The files used to contain melody and lyrics, but a few years ago whoever manages the site removed anything that is protected by copyright.

#351238 - 05/24/16 08:22 PM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

#523490 - 02/09/19 07:36 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
guichard Offline
Enthusiast

#593030 - 04/19/20 04:18 PM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Yendog Offline
Enthusiast

I constantly am astonished that there is not a vibrant forum for trading BIAB files SOMEWHERE. It's SO weird. The yahoo groups above are dead.

There's the regular same links to the same pages as always.

I'm surprised that the forums here dont have a dedicated "Trade your .sgu .mgu creations" that is more vibrant.

Also I'm sure theres some folks that are brilliant in building up a song that very much represents particular recording with voicings/hits/vibe/etc... I'm pretty good at it but I'd really imaging there would be a market for such a thing from someone who was really good and fast at it.

Basically:

"Send me the track you want reproduced in BIAB and i'll create it and send you the .sgu or .mgu"

I guarantee folks would pay for that.. but i've never seen it (ps.. I don't want this job) :-)

But I'm always shocked when i'll do a search for some very VERY well known tune and somehow NO WHERE is it out there to get... when I know theres probalby been hundreds if not thousands of people that have already built it.

Am I missing some killer forum somewhere and can someone send me the link if so? :-)

#593124 - 04/20/20 06:36 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
There are some on my website. They don’t have the Melody

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/guitar-backing-tracks

#593190 - 04/20/20 12:44 PM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Yendog]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Originally Posted By: Yendog
I constantly am astonished that there is not a vibrant forum for trading BIAB files SOMEWHERE. It's SO weird. The yahoo groups above are dead.

I'm surprised that the forums here dont have a dedicated "Trade your .sgu .mgu creations" that is more vibrant.

Also I'm sure theres some folks that are brilliant in building up a song that very much represents particular recording with voicings/hits/vibe/etc... I'm pretty good at it but I'd really imaging there would be a market for such a thing from someone who was really good and fast at it.

Basically:

"Send me the track you want reproduced in BIAB and i'll create it and send you the .sgu or .mgu"

I guarantee folks would pay for that.. but i've never seen it (ps.. I don't want this job) :-)

But I'm always shocked when i'll do a search for some very VERY well known tune and somehow NO WHERE is it out there to get... when I know theres probalby been hundreds if not thousands of people that have already built it.

Am I missing some killer forum somewhere and can someone send me the link if so? :-)

The internet use to have many websites filled with midi song interpretations. Those interpretations were deemed to be infringing on copyrights and sites were told to pay royalties, close or be sued out of existence.

Distribution of MGU or SGU song files face the same issue. It's just not worth the hassle. The websites that offer midi files pay royalties or risk being sued out of existence. Evidently there is not enough demand for Band-in-a-Box MGU or SGU song files to make creating and offering them for sale profitable.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#593937 - 04/24/20 02:43 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Asian Sun]
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

Loc: UK
there are karaoke midi files available on a pay basis. here's just one
https://www.midi.com.au/genres/midi-karaoke/

for 'clones' of particualr tracks, these will open fine in RealBand with any distinctive riffs or instrumental breaks reproducd as close as midi can get them.

BIAB is not the program for 'cloning' commercial tracks. you could put in the chords for satisfaction by the rolling stones and you'd still have to record the guitar riff and the bass part wouldn't be what Bill Wyman played either.

with a karaoke track opened in RealBand you'll get as close to the recording as posible.

#594196 - 04/25/20 10:58 AM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Bob Calver]
Loc: Northern Virginia and Cochella...
Budmanvet Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Northern Virginia and Cochella...
I use with great success Norton Music, owner is Notes Norton!
Google Norton Music and have a look!

#598407 - 05/21/20 12:05 PM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Pat Marr]
Loc: Florida
etcjoe Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
there is a band in a box group on YahooGroups, and they have a very large collection of files that can be downloaded. You have to join the groups individually to access the files.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files/info

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files2/info

The files used to contain melody and lyrics, but a few years ago whoever manages the site removed anything that is protected by copyright.

The yahoo groups no longer exist as yahoo stopped hosting groups.

You have to go to groups.io, look for the Band In A Box Independent User Group. Join and have access to a whole lot of files including mgu files of standards, pop, rock, italian, latin just about any song you want.

#598410 - 05/21/20 12:11 PM [Woodshedding - Learning to Play!] Re: Where to find *MGU files of famous songs? [Re: Yendog]
etcjoe Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Yendog

Basically:

The users group for Yahoo migrated to Groups.io when Yahoo stopped hosting groups a while back. The group is called Band In A Box Independent User Group. You have to have a Groups.io account, free, and then join the group. Plenty of files still available there.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Update Announcement!

Download the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows update to resolve possible issues when playing demos from the StylePicker or other dialogs, enhance the included VST Plugin, display chord pushes in the Audio Edit window, and more!

Learn more about this free Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows update and download it here.

A Look Back - Xtra Styles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®

We were so excited to release the very first Xtra Styles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® just four years ago, and we're thrilled that they have been such a hit!

Xtra Styles PAK 1 was released in August 2016, starting with: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer-Songwriter! Check out our first Xtra Styles PAK video highlighting these newer Add-ons: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=-7aJCe4-0x0

We've been releasing Xtra Styles PAKs a couple times a year ever since! We now have 9 Xtra Styles PAKs packed with 1,400+ RealStyles, so there's definitely something you'll love - check out our complete Xtra Styles PAKs selection here.

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific links

Accessing Your Band-in-a-Box® Order Online

If you've ordered Band-in-a-Box® on our website, you can access your download links (even if you selected a shipping option) from your Account | My Products page.

Band-in-a-Box® users who purchased their copy elsewhere can also add their purchase to their Account | My Products page. This is a convenient way to register your purchase and access the installation files if you ever need them for future re-installation reasons. To do this, visit www.pgmusic.com/redeem and create your account, then click on My Products and enter your 24-digit Band-in-a-Box® serial number.

Learning with Band-in-a-Box® - Chords & Games

Want to hear what a chord sounds like? Type the chord, then press SHIFT enter. The chord will play as it is entered on to the chord sheet!

You can also familiarize yourself with how different chords sound using the Chord Builder feature of the program, which will audition different chords for you, based on your input.

Want more? Challenge yourself with some ear training with the included Pitch Invasion and Music Replay programs, accessible in the Practice Window!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above, and Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

Pitch Invasion & Music Replay can also be accessed within the bb\Songs and Lessons\Ear Training folder for the program.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в "Band-in-a-Box®" 50 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 новых стиля RealTracks (что в два раза больше 101 стиля, которые мы часто выпускали в прошлом), новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), транскрипции для стилей RealDrums и др.!

КУПИТЬ/ОБНОВИТЬ И ЗАГРУЗИТЬ!

Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

Forum Stats
32657 Members
68 Forums
65648 Topics
556643 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
StuartAberdein, doubleH, Gavin B, NickU, EdwardsjMusic

32656 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 151