You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#598256 - 05/20/20 07:10 AM [User Showcase] Washi - Children's hygene tune
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Expert

Hi Folks.
So much cool music in Showcase! At least there are some positive and creative things  happening during our little home sitting. Speaking of home sitting and little ones.  How do you explain situation to kids without spooking them, but at the same time to be cautious...? I wrote this short kids "hygiene"  tune to be sung by a kid. Unfortunately, my son refused to sing it. I have to pinch my throat with pliers to sing that high, so I found a way out, and asked my wife to record vocals. Mix is a bit hot as I do not usually mix vocals other than my own. Constructive feedback is ALWAYS welcomed.
Thank you for listening!

Washi

Lyrics:
Whenever I am outside, building mud castles
or hiding like a spider in the secret places...
But when mommy calls me - lets face it
I know I have to wash my hands.

And when I play with friends at a birthday party,
I washi-wash my hands before departing
and when I come home, and even after potty
I know I have to wash my hands.

I let water run, right from the faucet
until it gets warm  and cozy
I take some soap and I do a little rub-a-dubba
for twenty seconds.

And if you hunting fossils inside nose
or you shook a hand of a jolly Santa Clause
STOP, take a pause and go wash your hands

And before you eat your lunch,  or even candy munching
Don't play silly, give those germs some punching
Everybody knows - Just wash your hands!

I let water run, right from the faucet
until it gets warm  and cozy
I take some soap and I do a little rub-a-dubba
for twenty seconds.

Tech stuff:
BIAB
916:Bass, Acoustic, Rumba Ev 110
3377:Mandolin, BackgroundSoloist OldTimeBonfireAndy Ev16 110
3216:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm CampfireEven Ev 120
1220:Vibes, Soloist BossaSteve Ev 140
2364:Synth, ElectroFlutes, Rhythm Pop Ev 085
3423:Jaw Harp, Rhythm Folk16thsMed Ev16 110
RealDrums BossaBrushesPerc

Synths of Halion, Recorded in Cakewalk
Lyrics/arrangement- me / Vocals- Katya.

#598302 - 05/20/20 03:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved this Misha. Lovely vocal. Very cute lyrics. Well done

#598314 - 05/20/20 05:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

VERY cool.
Is it possible to do a 2nd version replacing "faucet" with "tap" so I can distribute the link to my teacher colleagues?
Excellent melody and message.
You're a classic.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#598328 - 05/20/20 10:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Misha ...

That is just so danged good! Perfect for the little ones. This would be a great PSA! You are one of the most creative people on the forum. Loved this! And your wife did a wonderful vocal! She should sing for us more often! Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#598346 - 05/21/20 02:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi Misha,

Very clever! And very creative as per usual. Perfect kids song.

Lots of great lines, especially like "hunting fossils inside nose",

also

"And before you eat your lunch, or even candy munching
Don't play silly, give those germs some punching"

Tip of the hat to Katya also for the vocal.

Blue Attitude Website

#598434 - 05/21/20 03:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Misha,
Sesame Street songs were never as cool as this! I like everything about it;wonderful just silly enough lyrics, happy playful vocal and a magical backtrack.
I have a new Pandemic favourite song.

Robert

ps more contributions from the family would be most welcome.

#598442 - 05/21/20 04:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
This is just plain brilliant!

This should be played as a commercial during cartoons and other kids programs.

Brilliant write, catchy lyrics, good backing tracks and an excellent vocal, your wife has an excellent voice.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#598462 - 05/21/20 07:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Excellent tune. Great vocals by the Mrs. I'd put it up on Youtube. Great message for kids.

#598464 - 05/21/20 07:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Expert

Scott,
Thank you for listening and your kind comments!
---
Ray,
Thank you for your support! Hmmm, "Tap".. have to think about that a little. I want Katya to re-record vocals with a better mic one day. If I figure "tap" line I will ask her to try it smile
---
Dave,
Thank you for listening and kind words!
will convey your msg. to Katya.
---
Robert,
thank you for support! Yeah, Katya saved the day, otherwise my version of it would sound like a dark side of Sesame Street smile
---
Mario,
Thank you or kind words! Will forward your compliments to my better half. Maybe it will convince her to participate more in my projects smile

Misha.

#598472 - 05/22/20 12:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Misha,
"tap" is UK/Australian/NZealand and many other former Brit colony's word for fawcet/faucet. Water that's not bottled or filtered is referred to as tap water. We fill the jug or kettle from the tap. The hose attaches to the tap etc. I assume because it "taps" into the water supply.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#598505 - 05/22/20 07:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Misha and Katya,

Great job. A very cute "kid's song" with a wonderful message - done in a playful way.

Everything about it "works" for the genre - melody, instrumentation... delightful vocal (wonderful expression).

Nice.

fj

#598524 - 05/22/20 09:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Very sweet. I'll have to take back everything I said about you not being able to write a song about a puppy. While there is no puppy in this, there is a genuine sweetness. Your wife's voice is wonderful and the little hits of harmonies work so well. The melody itself is easy on the ears (and I suspect would be easy in the mouths) of kids. The arrangement is light and playful. I had my daughter listen on the phones and I could tell when the jaw harp started by the look on her face. That's a sound she's never heard. Big smile. From her and from me.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#598527 - 05/22/20 09:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Very nice feel good song. Funny lyrics and Katya sings wonderfully. I like the arrangement, it has such a sweet tone, like played in a children's TV program. I think I haven't heard the jaw harp RT used before - it fits the mood perfectly.

Janne

#598615 - 05/22/20 09:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
Absolutely charming! A winner!

#598864 - 05/24/20 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very clever and very timely!! Crazy days!! Great job with this!! Take care. Greg

#599091 - 05/26/20 05:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
I love it! Your wife was perfect and what an endearing total package.
I'm sending a link to my niece and nephew for them to play for their
children. It's so good to hear a happy song related to this situation
we all find ourselves in.

Bud wanted me to comment on the high quality of the production
and how cool it is to hear a jaw's harp. We didn't realize there was
such an RT.

Enjoyed it!
Janice

#599154 - 05/26/20 01:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Misha,

What funny song you made and what nice of your wife to do the singing just to avoid you doing it. Covid-19 really can do strange things to humans too (beside the nasty ones)!
I liked very much what you made. It's a pitty I have no one to sent it to. We do not (yet) have grandchildren or friends who do.
But tell me, how did you manage to let your wife does the singing? Here, it is an impassable road and perilous for me.
Well done, Misha!

Hans
BTW: The mix was great

#600513 - 06/04/20 06:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Expert

Ray,
Have to figure out a right rhyme for TaP.
Russian word is "kran" (Pronounced kraan and originated from Dutch word) Engish-crane.. Could possibly be that because faucet/tap in old days was long, as "crane's beak" they called it that? I will leave the mystery to linguists smile
---

FJ,
Thank you for listening and kind words! One day I will have to re-record it with a kid, so it is more "authentic" smile

---
Tangmo,
Thank you for beta testing on a kid! Jaw harps are super fun. I got one, but if I do not practice for some time, there is a real chance I will break my teeth smile I do not have a Puppy song yet as I am not too familiar with these creatures, I grew up with cats. I do have a cat song. Thank you for your support!
---
Janne,
Thank you for listening and your feedback!

---
TuneMonger,
Thank you!

----
Greg,
Thank you for listening and your comments!

----

J&B
Thank you for your support! I hope your niece likes it smile
Yeah, I was surprised too to find jaw's harp RT! I wish we would have more unusual instruments, that play nicely with standard ones. I am gathering a wish list for RT's smile
---

Hans,
Thank you for kind words!
It is was almost easy. If Katya likes the tune, she would sing it. If it doesn't talk to her, it would not happen, even if I beg smile

#600558 - 06/05/20 01:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Texas, United States
TexasFrets Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Texas, United States
I love it. Fun song.

#600737 - 06/05/20 05:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Washi - Children's hygene tune [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Oh yeah, this is great, I agree with previous comments, it would be a super PSA song. Well done Misha

PG Music News
RealBand® Turns 12!

RealBand® for Windows® is your all-in-one audio workstation and accompaniment program, and if you've purchased a copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows in the last decade, it's been included in your purchase!

We released RealBand in July 2008, along with Band-in-a-Box® 2008.5.

"RealBand brings a new level of ease and flexibility to anyone creating recordings. Record your own tracks, type in the chords, pick a style, and then add any MIDI or audio (Real) tracks to follow your chords - all in a single program. For example, type in chords to your song, generate a RealDrums track, record in your guitar and vocal parts. Then put on your 'arranger' hat and have some fun automatically adding RealTracks - maybe a guitar solo, or pedal steel background for the bridge."

We hope everyone enjoys using RealBand, which combines some great features from our PowerTracks Pro Audio program with the powerful accompaniment features from Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Spanish for Windows is Here!

¡Hay más de 50 nuevas características en Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Hay mejoras en RealTracks (RealTracks Vocal de Sonido más Suave, RealTracks Engrosamiento, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" y MultiRiffs). La mayoría de los RealDrums ahora tienen RealCharts (con notación de batería precisa). Hay un nuevo navegador de Artistas RealTracks para encontrar información / biografías / enlaces / listas de RealTracks en todos los artistas. Un nuevo Navegador de Funciones permite al usuario nuevo u "olvidadizo" encontrar y usar fácilmente la mayoría de las funciones / teclas de acceso rápido / documentos desde una sola ventana. Ecualizar Tempo permite cambiar una canción de rubato grabada a un tempo fijo. Tiempo de audio mejorado / estiramiento de tono (Elastique) incluido. Hay mejoras en el Selector de Canciones, Bajo/Batería o Batería solo Auto-Intros, 3.400 títulos añadidos, mejoras MusicXML, guitarra para "Zurdos" y "Vista de estudiante", mejoras de Arrastrar y Soltar, Ventana Múltiple del Mago del Acorde de Audio y mucho más!

COMPRE/ACTUALIZE Y DESCARGUE YA!

Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Forum Stats
32473 Members
68 Forums
65164 Topics
552138 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
genecgp, tal, LuisPa, Slaterk, jsig000

32472 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 184
Jim Fogle 152