so she'll have to be the one to say goodbye

she'll have to be the one...

The BAND:
RealTracks in style: ~701:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~2051:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 365 Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 912:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothPoppy Ev16 090
RealDrums in style: NashvillePop16^4-a:SideStick, HiHat , b:Snare, Hihat

ME: Vocals, harmonies, acoustic guitar, strings, words & music, production, mixing, mastering, a bottle of red, a bottle of white...

The strings are from Spitfire's BBC Symphony Orchestra
(played using my old Yamaha SY-55 synth for the MIDI controller).
Recently, there was a thread in the Recording section of the forum about them.
...which you can download for free (thanks, Hugh2):
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=600192#Post600192
(I've only used the violins here. There is a bunch more to it!)
You gotta be crazy! to not take advantage of this offer.

Hope you have some time to listen.
Comments welcome.

fj

#600413 - 06/04/20 07:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Another awesome tune Floyd. Such a cool story in the lyric. Loved the instrument selection and backtrack. Beautiful song Well done

#600415 - 06/04/20 08:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Floyd,

Another great song and a great BIG sound which hangs together well when played up LOUD.
The strings are stellar and the drums really powerful. That kick drum nearly brought my
sub off the wall. I listened to this with my wife, who's really a "Northern Soul" girl and
even she said it was good!

Your vocals, which are always good, were particularly impressive this time out.
Lots of textures in the arrangement and an excellent mix.

Maybe a backward step (after last time) with the solo, but I won't mention that...

Always very professional.

Cheers,
ROG

#600449 - 06/04/20 12:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Derochette Offline
Apprentice

Hello Floyd Jane,

Captivating composition based on a joyful and nostalgic text at the same time. You have a superb voice which gives a real cachet to your song.

Friendly Dero13

#600450 - 06/04/20 12:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Floyd,

Another great tune—they keep coming! Vocal is stellar on this—lots of depth and emotion—sits perfectly in that mix, superb. Wonderfully done!

Oh, and thanks for the link to the free strings download—I’ll have to check that out!

Hope all is good with you,

Deej

#600464 - 06/04/20 12:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Floyd,

This sounds great!

Man, I was stunned to hear you playing guitar last time. That was awesome.

But I had NO idea you could play violin like this! Wow! Man. It sounds almost like the BBC Orchestra!

smile

Remarkable!

Oh, wait that was the BBC orchestra. Never mind. Still love the song though. You know I ain't right Floyd.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#600479 - 06/04/20 02:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Sad but beautiful song. There's this beautiful tinge of melancholy in your voice, despite the major key, etc., which - for me - carries this song the extra mile. You sing it like you mean it, too - which is another "extra mile" feature of this song. Simple but to the point, too. Well done.

#600481 - 06/04/20 02:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Another great job. Excellent write.

I personally found the strings to be a bit too dominate. But it's a matter of taste I reckon.

All in all, well done.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#600491 - 06/04/20 04:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
You are one awesome story teller. One winner after another. Your mixes are always so good, as are your vocals.

Another winner.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#600516 - 06/04/20 07:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd

Nice engaging song, beautifully performed and written.
Excellent job on the strings - they sound very nice in the mix.

Another top quality production.

Peter

#600542 - 06/05/20 12:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
A deft touch in the use of strings.
That electric piano is aggressive on the attack at the beginning of phrases.
Lovely song and arrangement.
It has a Jimmy Webb sung by Glen Campbell quality to it.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#600547 - 06/05/20 12:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Floyd.
Another excellent song, beautifully sung.
The old break-up ballad really is a bottomless well!
Regards,
Leon

#600552 - 06/05/20 12:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Floyd ...

Your musical magic never takes a break! Simply put ... it's awesome. Thanks for a really wonderful listen.

Let's see, for country songwwriting greats there's, Tom T., Harlan Howard, and then Floyd Jane. And I guess you could throw Jeffrey Steele in there, too. Regardless, the Floyd Jane name, in my book, is a very comfortable fit in that select group.

Best to you & yours. be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#600559 - 06/05/20 01:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Texas, United States
TexasFrets Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Texas, United States
Lovely song. Great arrangement and beautiful vocals.

#600592 - 06/05/20 04:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man, I love your vocal on this! You are doing something different with the processing I think than you normally use? Sounds fabulous.

Drums sound great, the kick is right where it should be, toms and snare too; you get more out of realdrums than most.

I also like the strings, cool that you did that via midi controller. I really need to learn about midi one of these days wink

And of course great writing too!

Really enjoyed this one, floyd, listened a few times.

#600608 - 06/05/20 05:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi floyd,

I haven't been into the forum for a while.

What a song to come back to! This is stunning. The melody flows along so beautifully and your vocals carry this musical journey with the sound of authenticity that is only possessed by those who have spent decades practising and refining their talent. In addition, your 'band' is the perfect backing ensemble.

To my ears, this song sounded like it belongs in a stage show. In my head, the male protagonist is singing to a picture of his girlfriend/wife and making a commitment to himself that he will travel whatever road this love of his takes him. Moreover, he is reaffirming that he is 100% committed to his partner unconditionally. (The world would certainly be a much better place if we could all learn how to love one another unconditionally.)

From start to end, you kept me travelling along with a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart.

I sincerely appreciated listening to you sing this excellent composition.

All the best,
Noel

#600617 - 06/05/20 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Floyd,

Something different here! A ballad with very strong vocals and very nice strings in it.
Very nice composition and arrangement!

And the way you did this all was intriguing: bottle of red, bottle of white...
Good days must be coming soon, after this sound!

A nice day,
Hans

#600638 - 06/05/20 07:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: ROG]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Another awesome tune Floyd. Such a cool story in the lyric. Loved the instrument selection and backtrack. Beautiful song Well done

Thanks, Scott...

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd,

Another great song and a great BIG sound which hangs together well when played up LOUD.
The strings are stellar and the drums really powerful. That kick drum nearly brought my
sub off the wall. I listened to this with my wife, who's really a "Northern Soul" girl and
even she said it was good!

Your vocals, which are always good, were particularly impressive this time out.
Lots of textures in the arrangement and an excellent mix.

Maybe a backward step (after last time) with the solo, but I won't mention that...

Always very professional.

Cheers,
ROG

Thanks, ROG - and thanks to your wife smile - I had look up "Northern Soul" - the term was new to me - how could you not love that stuff!!...

Thanks for mentioning the strings. That was a main part of why I chose to do this song...

#600670 - 06/05/20 09:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Floyd,
A simply beautiful write; direct and heartfelt with those nice details of the first verse drawing in to big chorus declarations.
The strings work for me- thanks for putting up the link.
I agree with other listeners reminded of great pop and country balladeers; your vocal communicates that well.

Robert

#600783 - 06/06/20 06:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: She'll Have To Be The One [Re: Derochette]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Dero13
Hello Floyd Jane,

Captivating composition based on a joyful and nostalgic text at the same time. You have a superb voice which gives a real cachet to your song.

Friendly Dero13

Dero - thanks for the nice review...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we added 202 new RealTracks! There are brand-new RealTracks for Jazz, Blues, Funk, Latin, Pop, Rock, World, Country, Americana & Celtic, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 353-375 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2020 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks Sets 1-375 collection with over 3,100 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® - 202 New RealTracks Overview, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

We've just released some amazing new Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Adding the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase? No need to buy this separately, MultiStyles PAK 1 is included with it! www.pgmusic.com/addons.multistyles.php?os=win

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Forum Stats
33292 Members
67 Forums
66451 Topics
569311 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
jobi777, Chauthu.forex, BuddyHolly, thienminhforex, Ademir Pacheco

33292 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 265
Pipeline 259