Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#602784 - 06/19/20 06:44 PM [User Showcase] Geography Blues
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Hi Folks.
Here is my latest tune about some "common" perceptions and stereotypes of different places of the world. A word of warning to those who suffer from acute political correctness syndrome... This is just a satire, which is not targeted to diminish any of the amazing and beautiful countries mentioned.  Thank you for listening!

Geography Blues

America-mighty dollar, Australia way to far,
 North pole is where Santa is chillin in icy spa
Italy-Pizza party, Germany-sausage fest,
 Russia is where bears laying their spotted eggs    
Paris is peculiar, probably full of bogs,
as people like  eating there  slippery warty frogs.

China- that's where stuff "Made In", Guinea breeding pigs,
Machu Picchu is a pokemon hero or a state in the northern east.
Egypt is where mummy, Spain always fights the bull,
Switzerland full of money, Tokyo way too cool.
Sweden delicious meatballs, UK is covered in fog,
Romania Draculicious, Canada  chopping  logs

Africa - diamond mining and wondering lion king,
If you want a roasted duck, you better fly to Peking
Mexico hot burrito, romantic mariachi bands,
Malaysia is big on rubber...probably makes rubber bands.
Cuba - fine rolled tobacco, Ireland playing it's harp,
Coffee grows  in sunny Tobago, Singapore hunting sharks.

Tech stuff:
1434:Bass, Electric, JazzFunkPoppy Ev16 110
2636:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBluesRock Ev 110
2913:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryTrainBeatBrent12-key Ev16 090
1154:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Reggae Ev16 100
2431:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm NewOrleansMardiGrasKevin Ev16 085
377:Guitar, Resonator, Background Trav Ev 088
RealDrums:CountryShuffle68^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Lyrics, vocals: me.
Recorded & Mixed in Cakewalk.

#602788 - 06/19/20 07:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
LOVE it Misha, unusual, but great fun song to listen to. It took me a couple of lines to get into the swing of it, but it's brilliant, just what we need these days. Thanks

#602796 - 06/19/20 09:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Very cool. Well written. Great vocals too. I really like the vocals during the breaks. They are very effective Nice.

#602801 - 06/20/20 01:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
chromator Offline

Haha, such fun lyrics. What time signature is that?

#602807 - 06/20/20 03:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi Misha,

As always your music is so creative and unique!

Man, what you are doing with the vocal starting at 3:20 or so .... wild!

Loved this one.

One word summary: Brilliant!

#602808 - 06/20/20 03:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
FUN.
Great arrangement, infectious melody and terrific vocal performance.
Classic Rustyspoonerisms.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#602836 - 06/20/20 07:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Misha,

A clever trip around the world.

The Xabarovskiy Krai sound is becoming quite recognizable. Original, innovative, enjoyable.

Always worth several listens.

fj

#602876 - 06/20/20 10:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Misha ...

I've done a lot of traveling in my years and fins everywhere I've been interesting in one way or another. And the perceptions will always remain, whether or not they're accurate.

I enjoyed your creative mash-up! Quite a few or them made me laugh or smile. Cool song in many ways! I enjoyed my listen very much!

Wishing you the best. Be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#602888 - 06/20/20 12:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Misha,

You're quite busy with your funny and very nice songs! This one is no exception on the funny lyrics you write.
But, I must say they are not only funny, but in the first place, clever made. How you play with the words, amazing, man!

The song/melody is very nice. A cool swing and the instruments all sound so bright. Hat off!

Nice day,
Hans

#602899 - 06/20/20 03:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Misha

Loved it - lyrics vocal arrangement -t the lot.

A great fun, engaging listen.

Peter

#602914 - 06/20/20 05:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Scatolocious. Surprises around every bar. I think you've displayed more geographic knowledge than a lot of people I know and have known...maybe even a teacher or two. The coolest of backings and multi-vocals. I had a great time listening.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#603017 - 06/21/20 02:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Misha,
A fun musical whirl around the world in your zany head. Great ad libs and growly vocal surprises... some educational ones too ( spotted bear eggs in Russia? Canadians who still know how to chop logs?).
I nominate this as lighten up music to be played at UN soirees.

Robert

#603071 - 06/21/20 08:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Graham,
Thank you for listening and kind words! It took me some time to get into the swing too smile
---
jptjptjpt,
Thank you for your support

---
chromator,
Thank you for listening. it is 4/4 but because of different "feels" and offbeat rhythm it seems like something else.

---
Dave,
Thank you for listening and your support! I was very tempted to ask you to play some parts, but decided to wait out for something more serious.

---
Ray,
Ha ha funny! Rustyspoonerism sounds like some kind of chronic illness smile Thank you for listening!

---
FJ,
Thank you for tuning in and your supportive comments!
---
Alan,
Thank you for listening and your feedback! True, there so many interesting places. Even our neighbor, Canada is sooo different.

---
Hans,
Thank you for warm comments! Actually this one came "easy" and fast so there was no painful struggles. You just got to awake the child inside of yourself...lyrics become simpler, but more fun to work with smile

---
Peter,
Thank you for kind words!

---
Tangmo,
Thank you for listening and fun comments. "Geographic knowledge" ha ha, that is a good one. I can totally picture gray haired teacher explaining the politics of Sweden in terms of meatballs smile

---
Robert,
Thank you for your kind feedback.
Actually black bears do make nests, not sure about grizzlies or the eggs part.

Misha.

#603362 - 06/23/20 07:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool tune Misha. I got a chuckle from some of your references. Loved the chopping logs. Some serious lumberjacks here is BC and Alberta. Very creative an some very cool vocal effects. Well done

#603411 - 06/23/20 12:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Your satire is certainly equal opportunity!

"I nominate this as lighten up music to be played at UN soirees."

Robert nailed it!

That hint of reggae really makes the rhythm distinctive...great use of RTs.

Cool vocals and fx indeed.

Your creativity sets a high bar with this one. We could sit for hours of google sessions
and never come close to this from a geographic and satirical perspective.

Mega fun!

J&B

#603433 - 06/23/20 02:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Online   content
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
You put a big smile on my face Misha! So creative. I think I may have said this once before--if you're a native speaker of a language, you probably can't get past the normal constructs of how to string words together to arrive at something like this. The lyric-writer part of me is jealous of your creative linking of words and ideas. Besides that, the music itself is fun, well-done, and your personality is injected into it to make it even more enjoyable. Great contribution and I'm going to take some inspiration from your creativity.

#603460 - 06/23/20 06:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Misha
Love it. While the lyrics are clever and fun, what really made me smile were the 'scat' passages - one minute sounding a bit like a Russian folk song, the next more like Louis Armstrong. Fabulous.
Regards from 'Australia way too far',
Leon

#603564 - 06/24/20 12:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
F.M.M. Online   content
Expert

hi misha yes very creative interesting peace love it thanks for sharing eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#603917 - 06/26/20 05:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Witty and clever Misha! What a gift you have for this sort of thing! Great job putting this together! Thanks, Torrey

#603953 - 06/27/20 04:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Geography Blues [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Misha,

Loved it!

Shades of Warren Zevon in there, I think.

Never know what to expect from you, but always seem to like it.

Cleverly done and extremely entertaining.

ROG.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Forum Stats
33065 Members
68 Forums
66602 Topics
566643 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Babu Joseph, Dama, popo55, Evert, pagodadogs

33065 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Janice & Bud 146
Planobilly 136