Options
Index
#602955 - 06/21/20 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Meet Me in My Dreams
Strummer911 Offline
Enthusiast

Meet Me in My Dreams
by Steve Andrews

https://soundcloud.com/strummer911/meet-me-in-my-dreams

All tracks generated by Band in a Box and mixed using Mixcraft.

Style is =PUSHY.STY (Pushy Ac Bass Medium Pop Push)

MIDI SuperTracks in style: 3316:Bass, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1262:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 3361:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BritClassicRock70sHeld Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 1259:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRockA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 3398:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SingerSongwriterGrooveSync Ev 115
RealTracks in song: ~407:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 3064:Vocal Oohs, Rhythm Pop3-part Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleEven16^5-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Soloist: Piano, Sol CountryJohn Ev120 (2026)

#603116 - 06/22/20 03:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Strummer911]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Hello Steve,
You are aware that there's a ying n yang thing to forums like this aren't you?
The arrangement is good but it's not very dynamic.
This is exacerbated by the sameness of the vocal delivery across the song.
It's a long song when the dynamics don't provide a lift or relief.
You could, easily insert a key change/modulation in BIAB to assist with that.
You could do some double tracking or some backing vocals to give the vocal some ooomph.
Additionally a little pitch adjustment would help in a few spots.
I can't sing at all and have to rely on ReaTune to get me within coo-ee of the desired note.
Good song, in need of a little cosmetic surgery I'd say.
Oh, the ying n yang thing...you'll come to folk's attention if they read your words related to their posts.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#603129 - 06/22/20 05:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: rayc]
Strummer911 Offline
Enthusiast

Ray, thanks so much for the constructive criticism. I'll take another shot at the song. About the ying yang thing, I'm not sure I get your point. Is this that I should be commenting on other posts more? I didn't think I was qualified yet to do so.

#603142 - 06/22/20 05:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Strummer911]
rayc Offline
Veteran

It wouldn't take much to add the dynamics... as I mentioned a key or even tempo change is easily achieved within BIAb before exporting the tracks to your DAW.
The minor pitch issues are easily achieved as well - most DAWs have a variant of Autotune which can be employed for one note or an entire song.
Additionally i don't think it would take much for you to simple retrack those phrases.
Qualification? None needed. A simple I liked x and how did you do y? That's sounds like fun, that reminds me of etc.- are all well received. In fact most folk are after a nod and a thumbs up more than anything else.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#603261 - 06/22/20 03:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Strummer911]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Steve, this is my first listen to your material. I think you did a great job constructing that backtrack. Your mix between the instruments sounds pretty good! I like the vocal processing. The tempo may be a tad fast( just my preference). Welcome to the forum and I look forward to more of your stuff! Thanks, Torrey

#603305 - 06/22/20 07:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Strummer911]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Steve,
I thought you did a good job on this tune. Solid backing and vocal delivery. I can make out most of lyrics, but I wish you would included them in this post. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. I took a random listen to a couple of your tunes on SC .... Are you uploading mp3s or WAVs to soundcloud. I have a feeling that your tunes sound better (fuller) than "uploaded" versions. Soundcloud had(has?) a tendency of chewing up quality, if uploaded material was not of high bit rate.

#603339 - 06/23/20 05:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Strummer911 Offline
Enthusiast

Hey Misha thanks for the feedback. I have been uploading MP3 files. You think I should be uploading WAVs instead?

#603340 - 06/23/20 05:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Strummer911 Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Torrey. I did struggle with the tempo, maybe I will try slowing it down a bit.

#603342 - 06/23/20 05:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Strummer911]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Try to upload the same song in WAV, check side by side. I think soundcloud is killing your dynamics. It definitely used to do that to me (and most of people smile ) last year when MP3's of less than 320k were loaded.

#603368 - 06/23/20 08:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Strummer911]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Cool vocal and lyric. Excellent chord progression in the song. Loved the guitar. Well done

#603394 - 06/23/20 11:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Strummer911 Offline
Enthusiast

Great advice Misha, thanks so much

#603395 - 06/23/20 11:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Scott C]
Strummer911 Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Scott I appreciate that

#603408 - 06/23/20 12:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Strummer911]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hello ...

Enjoyed your song. The backing tracks are well placed and mixed. As far as the vocal, I'm a mediocre vocalist at best and have a few pitchy problems along the way. I sometimes use some variation of auto-tune or, more often, TC-Helicon built into my vocal processor. Id I can't get it exactly how I want it, I just deal with it. I'm 73 years old and don't anticipate my vocals are gonna get any better!

Ray mentioned the possibility of a key modulation around mid-song. I would agree with him on that. Key modulations always bring a new sense of freshness into a song, if needed.

Just some thoughts for your consideration. But, I enjoyed this is as. Good to have you with us on the Forum!

Wishing you the best. be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#603416 - 06/23/20 12:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Al-David]
Strummer911 Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Alan, I appreciate the comments and the encouragement. I thought I had a degree of pitch correction built into my vocal processor, but I guess not enough. I hesitate to apply too much correction not being a fan of the autotune sound but I will play around with it some more. Is key modulation the same as a key change?

#603426 - 06/23/20 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Strummer911]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Yes, a key modulation is simply a key change, such from E to F or A to Bb. I do agree with you that too much vocal tuning can actually diminish the quality of the vocal sound, rather than enhance it. It's pretty much a personal choice.

Regardless of all that, I did enjoy your song very much. I really like your lyric.

Wishing you the best...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#603428 - 06/23/20 01:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Strummer911]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Online   content
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I liked the chord progression, and especially the little solo phrase. Please include your lyric so we can follow along!

#603525 - 06/24/20 06:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Meet Me in My Dreams [Re: Tano Music]
Strummer911 Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks I will next time!

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32854 Members
68 Forums
66163 Topics
561858 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
deirdreflint, chief, xhosa, JohnDoe, hkh

32854 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 168
VideoTrack 145