You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#602719 - 06/19/20 08:08 AM [User Showcase] Just Let Me Breathe
Justin P Offline

"Just Let Me Breathe" offers a conversation about injustice that many are feeling and hope to be heard. One's personal experience may relate it to discrimination, racism, abuse, inequality, being bullied, relationship, or other. It was written with heartfelt compassion to recognize and support the need for change and question the actions of others.

I used a combination of POLRDAY and FREEFLO but changed the bass from synth to real. The only non-biab track is the acoustic guitar.

I did the vocals and harmony. My DAW is Samplitude Studio x5.
Using Apollo twin and UAD plugins.

Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/justin-thomas-199/just-let-me-breathe

Thanks for listening! This is my first post here. smile
Justin

JUST LET ME BREATHE
(c) 2020 by Justin Thomas

It wasn’t like I tried, To disappear into the night
You held me down so long, And I didn’t even fight
I told you that it hurt, But you wouldn’t listen
You kept on pushin’, When all I said was

Just let me breathe
Give me some room
I don’t want to feel like
You’re taking my life away
There isn’t much time
I keep telling you
Why do you have to
treat me this way

Why can’t you understand, I just want to live a happy life
What you inflict on me, It just cuts me like a knife
When will you ever change, When will you listen
This time I’ve had enough, of these conditions

Just let me breathe
Give me some room
There isn’t much time
I keep telling you
Why do you have to
treat me this way

It ain’t right to put this pain on me, When all I want is some civility

Just let me breathe
Give me some room
There isn’t much time
I keep telling you
Why do you have to
treat me this way

There isn’t much time
I keep telling you
Why do you have to
treat me this way

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (08/21/20 02:55 PM)

#602724 - 06/19/20 08:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Justin P]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

Justin,
seems a lot of emotion and craftsmanship went into making this tune. Sounds very good. A+ for arrangement and vocals.
Nice video! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#602815 - 06/20/20 03:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Justin P]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Excellent arrangement. well captured vocal (harmonies included) - good melody.
All terrific
though I'm not keen on the lines...

"I don’t want to feel like
You’re taking my life away"

The use of "feel" seems incongruous to my reading of the lyric...almost as if it's a "I'd better have a deflection to heart broke ballad just in case" thing.
I know that's not the case but i found the lines unconvincing.
The rest...TRES BONN.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#602820 - 06/20/20 04:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Justin P]
Loc: SA, Australia
Ghostgum Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: SA, Australia
Seems like a very well-crafted, professional production to me. The lyrics and music mesh well together and the vocal performance is excellent.

#602835 - 06/20/20 07:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Justin P]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Justin,

A really good sound. Nice opening. Excellent mix.

You have a terrific voice - "radio ready". Really well recorded and perfectly processed.

Enjoyed the listen. Welcome to the Showcase...

fj

#602960 - 06/21/20 07:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Justin P]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Sounds great

#602981 - 06/21/20 08:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Justin P]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Really well-done. Timely but not too on-the-nose preachy. That's a fine line to walk and runs the risks of being unsettled by the listeners...but risks are necessary. Anyway...professionally presented and heartfelt. "Radio ready" indeed.
BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#602986 - 06/21/20 09:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Tangmo]
Justin P Offline

Thanks for all the comments and listens! Indeed it is impossible to please everyone, but in a nutshell... I just wanted to write a song that, in a peaceful way, voices someone's *feeling* of being mistreated - no matter what it is. I think we all just want to live our lives that way? If the song helps just one person on this planet, I did my job! smile

#603767 - 06/25/20 02:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Justin P]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Man, great vocal, Justin. This is a really good song, and so well mixed. Oh, and I like the video, too. Perfect all around.

Edited by BabuMusic (06/25/20 02:17 PM)

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#603805 - 06/25/20 08:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Justin P]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Unbelievable. Great song, beautiful lyrics, great voice and great production in my humble opinion. Congratulations.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#603850 - 06/26/20 06:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Justin P]
Loc: Wauconda, Il.
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda, Il.
Ya, the lyrics and vocals are pro quality. Good for you mate. Thanks for sharing.

SoundCloud

#603855 - 06/26/20 06:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Justin P]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Oh my goodness. This absolutely delivers some of the best quality we've seen around here.

Fantastic song, fantastic story told with the lyrics, and all wrapped up in a masterfully delivered video clip.

It's a multiple 'Yes' from me.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#603901 - 06/26/20 03:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Just Let Me Breathe [Re: Justin P]
Loc: Chicago, IL
EdZ314 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chicago, IL
Yes - this is a pro-level production, radio ready vocals. Top notch quality all around - polished, smooth, and well mixed. It's really impressive that you were able to achieve this with almost all BIAB tracks. You've demonstrated that in the right hands, the sky is the limit for what you can create using BIAB + some extras. I hope your song gets lots of plays and streams. Looking forward to hearing more.

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
34997 Members
66 Forums
71253 Topics
617971 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
ged1200, apexel, PROJECT M, Alice Dawson, CAFA

34997 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 302