#603777 - 06/25/20 03:58 PM
[Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh]
Band-in-a-Box 2020 Mac Build 412 Update (June 25)
PG Music Staff
Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac build 412 is available.
This includes a DAW Plugin Update to 2.9.41
, which has some major fixes and enhancements to the DAW plugin, including a more intuitive GUI, mute/solo buttons, and sync to host options.https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_mac_update_build412.pkg==================================
Summary of changes for build 412 (June 25):
DAW Plugin Update to 2.9.41 (June 25)
- Fixed: Program crash if auditioning a style demo that contained a % in the name.
- Fixed: Drag and drop render will unfreeze tracks.
- Fixed: Bar Based lyrics layer might contain unwanted line breaks which is apparent when pressing down arrow key.
- Fixed: [#] filter menus did not work in localized versions.
- Fixed: The Xtra Styles filter list did not include set 9.
- Fixed: If using Italian keyboard layout, the # symbol could not be typed into the chord sheet using the dedicated option+à key combination.
- Fixed: The RealDrums button should open the RealDrums Picker if holding [shift] key, and RealDrums Preferences if holding [ctrl] key.
- Fixed: Looping bars by typing L into the chordsheet did not work if the number contained a 3 (eg looping 13 bars).
- Fixed: Audio Edit page should not automatically scroll during playback if user is dragging mouse.
- Improved: Serial number entry is improved for convenience.
- Improved: Crash reports will contain more detailed information.
- Fixed: A number of RealStyles and Demos have fixes to correct minor playback problems, key, feel, and song memos.
There have been some features added to the DAW plugin since version 2.8. Here is a video tutorial that describes these changes:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KY4-VTk-ks&feature=youtu.be
- Added: "Send MIDI Data to DAW for playing MIDI tracks" option in Preferences. **Note: When not enabled, the plugin will send the rendered audio for MIDI tracks if available
- Added: Grey "track type" name in description area if track is empty
- Added: Daw tempo under tempo if not the same
- Added: Context menu option in track table to generate selection for MultiRiffs
- Added: Global sync to host button for non standalone plugin types
- Added: Mute and solo buttons
- Added: Mute and solo options in track context menu
- Added: Labels for pages in track table
- Added: Preferences options for "Default Sync"
- Added: Context menu in chord sheet
- Added: Default settings button in preferences dialog
- Added: Red MIDI channel icon next next to track description
- Added: Chord sheet auto resizes to fit length of song
- Added: Spacebar starts/stops playback in standalone plugin only
- Changed: WAVE, MIDI, and CHART button redesign
- Changed: Update stereo/mono indicators to be abbreviations
- Changed: Moved demo (play) button to style info area
- Fixed: Changed default setting for "Auto Generate Songs" to false
- Fixed: Problems generating a RealDrums track on page two
- Fixed: Removing custom MIDISuperTrack from page one replaced description with MST number
- Fixed: Track table auto scrolling to track with name change
- Fixed: Cannot bring pickers to front when first opening bb app
- Fixed: Scroll bar jumping between pages while scrolling
- Fixed: MIDI notes stay on when playback is stopped
- Fixed: Improved syncing between plugin and DAW
- Fixed: Moved demo (play) button to style info area
- Fixed: Bug when initializing Band-in-a-Box while tracks are playing or synced
- Fixed: Chord sheet highlighting should loop back to beginning if past 256 bars
- Fixed: Loading m_FEDORA.STY displays first chord as Gb instead of F#
- Fixed: Plugin focus is lost when generation starts
- Fixed: Update stereo/mono to be abbreviations
- Fixed: Rename "Special" to "Extra" for tracks on the second page
- Fixed: "Transpose" button resets when closing/opening
- Fixed: Track scrolling is reverse on windows
- Fixed: Ending repeat symbol is off screen
- Fixed: 'ALL' icon should show on midi only gen of midi style
- Fixed: 'ALL' icon should drag primary tracks (midi and audio)
- Fixed: Enable right-click for menu buttons (File, Select, Generate Options)
- Fixed: Custom RDs not generating in style
- Fixed: MultiRiffs are not generating with 4 bar ending
- Fixed: MultiRiffs are not generating all choruses
- Fixed: Harmonies are not working
- Fixed: Default for all render settings is now false
- Fixed: Bar number gets cutoff when window height is large and width is small
- Fixed: Issues selecting bars in the chord sheet
- Fixed: Some songs in "Recents" menu were missing the file name
- Fixed: Unfold should copy everything (time sig and tempo markers)
- Fixed: Issues generating custom track on style page
- Fixed: Local playback should be disabled during DAW playback
- Fixed: Increase track font size for large plugin window
- Fixed: Tip for Generate button was identical to Generate Options
- Fixed: Plugin should not be able to overwrite song demo
- Fixed: Riffs of selected region is not working in context menu
- Fixed: P hotkey should keep the same bar selected
- Fixed: Improved chord sheet zooming to snap to row
- Fixed: Auto scrolling chordsheet during playback should move in pages
- Fixed: Change "Master" track label to "Style Mix"
- Fixed: Tag end should be removed if tag start and tag jump are removed
- Fixed: Issues adding tempo/time signature changes in the chord sheet
- Fixed: RT on Melody track does not get generated
- Fixed: Bar highlighting sometimes flickers when local playback has finished
- Fixed: Flashing highlighted bar at the end of play.
- Added: Space bar can now be used to start playback in standalone version.
Summary of changes for build 410 (April 15, 2020):
DAW Plugin 2.5.25
- Added: A new StyleMaker has been added for editing existing styles, or making new ones.
- Fixed: Crash if closing the Song Titles dialog immediately after opening it.
- Fixed: Magenta color in splash screen if using macOS 10.12 or 10.13.
- Fixed: Song title was not being saved properly in certain cases.
- Fixed: Opening plugin when the DAW has altered tempo shows sync tempo indicator despite the match
- Fixed: typing roman numerals in Normal display makes them show as superscripts
- Fixed: Dragging tracks not working properly
- Fixed: Changing track does not delete old file (if not dragged).
- Fixed: Selected Host shows duplicates in the list
- Fixed: Double clicking on empty track should not launch a picker
- Fixed: Generate state should reset when all tracks are replaced
Summary of changes for build 407 (April 2, 2020):
DAW Plugin 2.5.18
- Fixed: RealDrums Quick List was empty if launched from main toolbar.
- Improved: Bootup time is faster.
- Fixed: It is not possible to type ^ (caret symbol for pushes) in chordsheet if using an Italian keyboard layout.
- Fixed: Opening songs from older versions might misinterpret song title as ?.
- Fixed: Buttons in Custom toolbar are not draggable.
- Fixed: The time signature button on the main toolbar did not do anything.
- Fixed: A maximum of 1990 MIDI events are loaded from a song file into the Melody or Soloist track.
- Fixed: RealDrums Quick List menu item did not do anything.
- Fixed: Find a Sub for RealDrums menu item did not do anything.
- Fixed: Various problems with localized versions.
- Fixed: Some style demos for the newest RealTracks would not play.
- Fixed: Song title will be changed to ? when re-saving if it previously contained international characters like é or ©.
- Fixed: "Open Recent" opened file chooser dialog
- Fixed: Unfold feature not working with some songs
- Fixed: Choruses not resetting when playback is stopped in DAW
- Fixed: Chord superscripts
- Fixed: Clicking zoom many times will crash standalone plugin
- Fixed: Undo removes all chords after opening a song
- Fixed: Buzzing sound in Studio One
- Fixed: Plugin determining chord accidentals now matches main program
- Fixed: Removed alert menu when sync playing tracks that are not up-to-date (generated).
- Fixed: Cancelling generate made song lose "dirty" state
- Fixed: All selected tracks should drag from the plugin
- Fixed: Shortcut file feature not working always working. Support was also added for pgshortc.txt files
- Fixed: Double clicking grey area in chord sheet started playback
- Fixed: Bar highlighting skipped last chorus when the start bar is greater than 1
- Fixed: Right-click on bar should first launch popup menu
- Fixed: Double clicking anywhere on a track should open its picker
- Added: About to File Menu
- Added: "year" to plugin name
- Fixed: remove sync tempo button if already synced
- Fixed: improve 2 finger scroll (too fast)
Summary of changes for build 403 (Mar 17, 2020):
- Fixed: Clicking on Print Chords from the chord sheet context menu causes application to crash.
- Fixed: Feature Browser button is missing from the big toolbar.
- Fixed: Event List window is using wrong colors.
- Fixed: Some song titles are blank in the Song Titles dialog.
- Fixed: Possible Crashes
PG Music Inc.
Rock Dojo... Top 5 Reasons Why Band-in-a-Box® Rocks!
Check out this nice review from Rock Dojo, Top Five Reasons Why Band-in-a-Box® Rocks!.
Brian, the founder of Rock Dojo, is a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac user, and couldn't be happier with the program.
It doesn't matter whether you're a guitar teacher or a student guitarist, Band-in-a-Box (BIAB) is must-have software to take your teaching practice or your playing to the next level!
Thanks for the great feedback Brian!
Band-in-a-Box® Delivery Explained...
When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows or Mac directly from PG Music Inc., you can choose to download your order, ship your order, or BOTH!
Having your Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK shipped? Choose between DVD installation or flash drive installation during the checkout process. Purchasing the UltraPAK or UltraPAK+? These ship pre-installed on a USB 3.0 hard drive!
Don't forget, just because you're order is shipping doesn't mean you can't download it while you wait - you can locate your online order records in your pgmusic.com account, within the "My Products" section.
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!
Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.
You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!
Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.
Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!
Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!
While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!
Happy International Country Music Day!!!
You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!
See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.
Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !
ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!
Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!
There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?
Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.
I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!
To access this feature:
Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.
Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!
I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Give it a try!
The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)
Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM