You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#604428 - 06/29/20 08:10 PM [Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ] StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Loc: Victoria, BC
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.

It is important for the plugin to know the correct location of your Band-in-a-Box folder, or else it won't work properly. Press the [File] button and select Preferences. Scroll down to the Folder Locations section. Usually the plugin can determine the correct folders automatically, however there are exceptions. For example perhaps you have the basic Band-in-a-Box program installed on your internal drive, but you normally use a Band-in-a-Box UltraPAK hard drive with all the available RealTracks and styles. You will want to make sure that the plugin is pointing to external volume (UltraPAK).

If you have Band-in-a-Box installed on your internal drive, the "Path for Band-in-a-Box" will usually be "/Applications/Band-in-a-Box". In addition, the Paths for RealTracks and Drums will usually be /Applications/Band-in-a-Box/RealTracks/ and /Applications/Band-in-a-Box/Drums/ respectively, unless you are using a custom location for RealTracks and Drums. If the folder path text is red, then that tells you instantly that there is a problem, for example Band-in-a-Box hasn't been found in the selected folder.

Once you have set the folder paths correctly, the plugin should see the exact same number of Styles as the full Band-in-a-Box program.

#607622 - 07/23/20 07:00 AM [Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ] Re: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A. [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Crunchy Offline

I've set up the custom allocation correctly and the real tracks still don't appear except for a bunch on piano tracks?

#607623 - 07/23/20 07:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ] Re: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A. [Re: Crunchy]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Hello Crunchy,

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box.

This section of the forum is rarely visited as the intent is for PG Music support to document solutions to common questions support receives.

Your post may receive more views and have a better chance of receiving a response by posting your question in the Band-in-a-Box for Mac forum section +++ HERE +++
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#607664 - 07/23/20 11:29 AM [Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ] Re: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A. [Re: Crunchy]
PG Music Staff

Quote:
I've set up the custom allocation correctly and the real tracks still don't appear except for a bunch on piano tracks?

Could you describe how you have Band-in-a-Box installed? Are you using an external hard drive, etc. Also, what is the approximate size of your Band-in-a-Box folder (Right-click | Get Info).

#607731 - 07/24/20 02:24 AM [Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ] Re: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A. [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Crunchy Offline

The BIAB application is located in the Applications folder on my system SSD drive. The styles are located on a separate SSD drive. I have set the folder paths correctly. The N/A styles are actually there as they play ... I discovered this after I posted. However I am also getting messages that I am missing styles completely. I have the Ultra pack.

The BIAB application folder without Real drums/Real tracks is about 2.8 gig. The complete application folder including the BIAB folder is about 101 gig

Edited by Crunchy (07/24/20 10:30 AM)

#607791 - 07/24/20 09:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ] Re: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A. [Re: Crunchy]
PG Music Staff

Edit: After re-reading your message, make sure you have

(1) Downloaded the latest update patch for Band-in-a-Box, which is in a sticky post on the forum:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=39&page=1

(2) Pressed Rebuild in the StylePicker. Earlier builds of the Plugin might have required a rebuild with each new session when using custom folders.

------------
If that's not what the issue is, then take a look at where you have installed files:

There are only two folders that you can locate in a separate folder from the main Band-in-a-Box folder. They are "RealTracks" and "Drums". It sounds like you installed all of the RealTracks files into a Band-in-a-Box folder on the external drive, but installed the main program file to the internal drive. If that's the case there are two ways to fix (you don't need to "reinstall"). Either:

(A) copy the contents of the Band-in-a-Box folder on the internal drive, into your Band-in-a-Box folder on the external drive, and run Band-in-a-Box entirely from the external drive. Or,
(B) copy all of the contents of the Band-in-a-Box folder on the external drive EXCEPT the RealTracks and Drums folder to the Band-in-a-Box folder on the internal drive. This will add about 20 GB.

Important - when copying in Finder, you want to choose the option to MERGE the folders.

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (07/24/20 09:41 AM)

#607807 - 07/24/20 10:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ] Re: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A. [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Crunchy Offline

Tried running everything from an external drive but still missing a lot of tracks. My Realtracks folder is approx 86 gigabytes?? I have the Ultra pack and I downloaded everything but this seems too small! Maybe I'll just have to check I've got everything installed. My Realdrums folder is approx 4.5 gigabytes.

Edited by Crunchy (07/24/20 11:03 AM)

#608063 - 07/26/20 07:50 AM [Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ] Re: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A. [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Loc: Chicago and Twin Cities
ChicagoBob Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Chicago and Twin Cities
not working for me either. The RT are there and play but show as N/A and i have to rebuild the styles and real tracks every instance of BIAB

Edited by Bob P (07/26/20 07:51 AM)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Windows® ist hier!
Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - New Intro Options!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro!

Within Band-in-a-Box, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available:
-All Instruments
-Drums only
-Bass and Drums
-NEW! Bass only
-NEW! Bass then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Drums then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Piano Only
-NEW! Guitar Only
-NEW! Strings Only
-NEW! Custom - you pick!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Update Available!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to enhance Big Sur and M1 capabilities, improve the notation window, resolve AIFF rendering errors, as well as addressing a few other user-reported issues.

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac? Update for free today.

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021!

Already purchased PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021? Make sure you update it for free today!

Our development team has been listening to user feedback, and applied some updates to address user-reported program concerns.

Learn more...

Band-in-a-Box® Guitar Features!

Today* is Get Out Your Guitar Day!

Band-in-a-Box® has many features for guitarists, whether you're learning or on your way to being a pro, or you are a pro!

Are you using an UltraPAK+ or own the Songs & Lessons PAK? Lessons from our Master Solos Series can be accessed right in the Practice Window! (Alt Shift L)

Use the resizable Guitar Window to follow-along with the on-screen fretboard, which is customizable to displays alternate guitar tunings, notes are highlighted as the song plays, and includes many more useful features for to help you learn!

The Woodshedding feature is perfect to help you progress while learning a song along with Band-in-a-Box®! This feature speeds up the song every time the song loops to the beginning, and you can also choose to loop a highlighted section within the song to really focus on the you could use a little more practice with.

Most of our guitar RealTracks include RealCharts so that you can see the notation and tab, allowing you to see exactly what the pros are playing!

A Band-in-a-Box® 2021 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition includes over 1,400 guitar RealTracks contributed by more than 50 different REAL musicians!

There are so many things a guitarist can do with Band-in-a-Box® - what's your favorite guitar feature? Do you have a "go-to" RealTracks Guitarist Artist you use for most of your songs?

*February 11, 2021

Big Sur & M1 Compatibility Added to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac today!

Here at PG Music, development never stops! If you're using the 2020 version of Band-in-a-Box® for Mac with your Big Sur or a Mac M1 computer, download the latest update which adds support for macOS Big Sur, and is compatible with Apple Silicon (M1) Macs!

This update will also resolve any color display issues within the program, resize the windows without unexpectedly closing the program, add notation enhancements, and resolve a few other user-reported issues!

Download & learn more about the updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for Free!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows? Download the latest free update today!

With this latest update, notation display in Japanese has been enhanced, improvements have been applied to Bar and Song Settings, the MIDI volume change events will now be included in exported MIDI files, you can now import the lyrics with your MIDI files, export Utility Tracks notation as video, and we've resolved additional user-reported issues.

Make sure you download your latest Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows update today!

Tip: Head to Help | Check for Update... to put a checkmark beside "Automatically check for updates every..." and choose your day count to always stay up-to-date with your installation of Band-in-a-Box®!

Forum Stats
33972 Members
67 Forums
68366 Topics
586146 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
RFairchild, dbpetit, hippias, Wes37, Testo Prime

33971 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 224
dcuny 186