Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#605154 - 07/04/20 02:45 PM [User Showcase] Time Passes (Peter on guitar)
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Time Passes
(c) 2020 B. Merritt/J. Merritt/P. Fulham

Decades ago one of Bud's bandmates was fond of saying “time passes and things change.” This is a bit of a tribute to him.

Thanks to Peter for the great guitar tracks!

Your time to listen and comment is much appreciated.

Be safe.

Janice: Vocals, melody and arrangement
Rodes NT1 > Scarlett 212 > Logic Pro X > Nectar 2 / BGV Waves CLA Vocals

Peter: Guitars - acoustic Intro/fills & electric solos

Bud: engineering, mixing, mastering, lyric, photo, etc.

Drums: RD NashvilleBrushesCountryPop
Waves CLA Drums

Bass: RT 2877 Acoustic, AmericanaSlow
Waves Bass Rider > Neutron 3

Piano:
MIDI SuperTrack 1809 Piano, Rhythm CountryBalladJohn
MIDI SuperTrack 2099 Piano, Rhythm PopModernGrooveHeld
Logic Pro X Steinway Grand > Waves CLA Unplugged

Rhythm Guitar:
RT 1680 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking
RT 1680 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking Held
Waves CLA Unplugged

Mastering: Ozone 9 EQ > Ozone 9 Imager > Ozone 9 Maximizer
> Logic Pro X Loudness Meter > Ozone 9 Tonal Balance

Lyric on SC

#605158 - 07/04/20 03:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
I signed in for a very short time; but gave this a listen. It's strange to have a certain expectation, when you see the names that are listed, and think "Well, this will be great." The reason it's strange for me is, I have an expectation; yet it's a new take on that expectation. Every song a familiar place I have never been before. smile

MANY more accolades are deserving. You know me, I would right a book. I have time for a sentence today. Sorry for that.

Thanks for sharing this! I hope all is well with all of you!
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#605172 - 07/04/20 04:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
A wonderful listen!!! Listening to Peter's guitar and Janice's voice, it's hard not to be impressed and moved!! Really lovely stuff!! I'm getting to the age where I wish time would pass a little more slowly! Take care. Greg

#605173 - 07/04/20 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
J&B/Peter, this song for some reason has a much different feel than much of your other work! Janice's vocal brings it back into familiar territory but the backtrack has almost almost a Southern rock ballad sound to it! Especially when you factor in Peters guitar sound with a dryer tone than usual which suits this well! His solo puts me in me of some early Rod Stewart work (You Wear It Well). Great write and production! Thanks, T

#605215 - 07/05/20 05:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: HearToLearn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I signed in for a very short time; but gave this a listen. It's strange to have a certain expectation, when you see the names that are listed, and think "Well, this will be great." The reason it's strange for me is, I have an expectation; yet it's a new take on that expectation. Every song a familiar place I have never been before. smile

MANY more accolades are deserving. You know me, I would right a book. I have time for a sentence today. Sorry for that.

Thanks for sharing this! I hope all is well with all of you!

Great to hear from you and we hope you and family are well.

Thank you for the kind words.

“ Every song a familiar place I have never been before. :)”

Now that’s worthy of being a song line. Hmmmmm....

Be safe!

J&B

#605266 - 07/05/20 04:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Canberra, Australia
A lovely, reflective song, with a great vocal by Janice, as always. Peter's fills and solo fit the mood perfectly. Another fine job by all.
Regards,
Leon

#605292 - 07/05/20 08:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Your unique and highly anticipated signature shines again through this ballad.

I particularly liked the vocal harmonies and backing vocals, really enjoyable, and gave depth.

Well done.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#605330 - 07/06/20 05:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter,

A beautiful song in all its facets; the composition, lyrics, vocals and band. But you are most likely, used to those qualifications.
All your songs are. But this song is so more personal and that is what you (I) hear in the way you sing it and play it.
'Time passes, things change', I rewrote it a bit: Time may pass, but you stay!
That's all I can say (rhymes too, but doesn't belong to theformer line). Nice song, nice thoughts and well brought.
Maybe, just maybe... a tiny pedal steel in it?

Stay safe there,
Hans

#605350 - 07/06/20 08:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
What a lovely song and message in the lyric. Beautiful vocal Janice. Peters guitar in the background was so delicate and complimentary. I am so glad you included the equipment specifications Bud uses to mix and produce your songs. I taking a deep diving into the mixing world and this is very useful for me. Your mixes as always so clear and so easy to pick out each individual instrument in the song but blended so tastefully.

#605371 - 07/06/20 10:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Beautiful! Simply beautiful. Just the right amount of melancholy, just the right amount of hope within that melancholic sound, too. Wistful and a masterful achievement. I loved it - thank you.

#605448 - 07/06/20 11:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
This gives me a sense of the Rita Coolidge and other stuff happening around the Mad Dog's tour...not the swirling in the centre but the calm, gentle pretty stuff that ached for Woodstock's forest cabins and searched for Bonnie & Delaney's spirit.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#605470 - 07/07/20 05:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Heard this when you first uploaded to SC a while back. Loved it then and love it now!

Everything about this works, from Peters guitar work (perfect) to Janice's vocal (especially like what she did for the BG vox) to the write, the arrangement, and the mix.

This is right up there with your best and is very, very good indeed!

#605547 - 07/07/20 07:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
A wonderful listen!!! Listening to Peter's guitar and Janice's voice, it's hard not to be impressed and moved!! Really lovely stuff!! I'm getting to the age where I wish time would pass a little more slowly! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg it's always a pleasure to be invited in on these songs.

Peter

#605587 - 07/08/20 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Thanks Greg, I (Bud) feel that Peter and Janice work together well also. We appreciate you listening and commenting.

J&B

#605597 - 07/08/20 07:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Offline
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Beautiful and stately, in a melancholy way. Fantastic vocal and arrangement. ++Guitar work. Loved it!

#605619 - 07/08/20 11:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: rayc]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: rayc
This gives me a sense of the Rita Coolidge and other stuff happening around the Mad Dog's tour...not the swirling in the centre but the calm, gentle pretty stuff that ached for Woodstock's forest cabins and searched for Bonnie & Delaney's spirit.

I dig ray's comment on this! Nail-on-the-head.

Excellence abounds.

A good write - lyric and melody. It has the comforting sound and message that a good "graveside song" has. A musical eulogy.

The BAND sounds great (of course). Peter's guitar fits perfectly (of course).

Janice sings like an angel (of course).

Excellent mix (of course).

Of course.

smile

fj

#605659 - 07/08/20 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B/Peter, this song for some reason has a much different feel than much of your other work! Janice's vocal brings it back into familiar territory but the backtrack has almost almost a Southern rock ballad sound to it! Especially when you factor in Peters guitar sound with a dryer tone than usual which suits this well! His solo puts me in me of some early Rod Stewart work (You Wear It Well). Great write and production! Thanks, T

Thanks Torrey. Yes, it was somewhat experimental and we are happy you like it!

J&B

#605666 - 07/08/20 07:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Lovely ballad, touching sentiments. Great vocals and lyrics. Electric guitar sounds wonderful. The band isn't too bad either. Good one.

#605689 - 07/09/20 05:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
For me, this is simply one of your best. I like everything about it. Peter's guitar is tasteful and the perfect tone for the song. Vocals, harmonies are spot on. And Bud, you must have been watching the perfect sunset while writing the lyrics.... whatever set the mood, it worked... Enjoyed this from start to finish. Great write, performance, arrangement and production.

#605759 - 07/09/20 11:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Leon1]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Leon1
A lovely, reflective song, with a great vocal by Janice, as always. Peter's fills and solo fit the mood perfectly. Another fine job by all.
Regards,
Leon

Thank you Leon. Peter did a fine job with guitar tracks indeed.

J&B

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Forum Stats
33068 Members
68 Forums
66606 Topics
566697 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
glenn miner, Babu Joseph, Dama, dickertl, popo55

33067 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Planobilly 138
Janice & Bud 138