#607282 - 07/20/20 06:55 PM
[Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)]
Band-in-a-Box 2020 Mac Build 414 Update with DAW Plugin build 2.10.9 (July 20)
PG Music Staff
Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac build 414 is available.
This includes a DAW Plugin Update to 2.10.9https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_mac_update_build414.pkg==================================
Summary of changes for build 414 (July 20):
DAW Plugin Update to 2.10.9 (July 20)
- Attempting to select a different font for Bar Based Lyrics in the Notation window options did not do anything.
- Chord Sheet videos were not in sync with "Include 2 bar lead-in" audio render setting.
- Chord Sheet videos were not in sync with "Delay at start (seconds)" audio render setting.
- Attempting to step-advance with the Guitar or Big Piano windows would not work for the the Piano track, displaying flash message "Piano track is empty, cannot step advance".
- The Audio track should be recovered if choosing not to save song after choosing Kill Audio.
- Edit > Redo Kill Audio did not work.
- Band-in-a-Box might crash when demoing styles with user chords in StylePicker.
- DAW Plugin: MIDI audio was sometimes being mixed into rendered RealTracks.
- "Insert" and "Delete" options in chord sheet context menu (right-click)
- Tempo/time sig was sometimes appearing on first bar.
- DAW playback bar highlighting was not accurate for tempo with decimal
- Bars in chord sheet were not highlighting on shift-click
- Chord sheet right-click was resetting highlighted bars
- Changed shortcut for deleting bars from "REMOVE" to "DELETE"
- Inserting/Deleting bars not working correctly in chord sheet
- Undo/Redo not working in chord sheet
- Text in track table not resizing automatically
- Minor resizing inconsistencies for chord sheet
- Pushes not working if note is lower case (ie: ^a, ^^d, etc.)
- Tags should disappear for 1 chorus and reappear for multiple choruses and not be set when not active
- Playback progress bar is not accurate if tags exist
- Zoom in chord sheet should preserve viewed area
- Plugin should check if rendered files exist and reset "generate status" upon change
- "Generate Needed" should flash anytime tracks are not generated/up to date
- Generating master track after other tracks does not individual tracks
- Crash after entering tempo with decimal (only allow integer or round to int)
- Placement of chord sheet visuals should not overlap and fit in the space given
- Plugin showing irrelevant messages when bb app cannot be found
- Changing total choruses during playback did not trigger "Generate Needed"
- "Selected Host" in Preferences said "Unknown" if DAW not in list
Summary of changes for build 412 (June 25):
DAW Plugin Update to 2.9.41 (June 25)
- Fixed: Program crash if auditioning a style demo that contained a % in the name.
- Fixed: Drag and drop render will unfreeze tracks.
- Fixed: Bar Based lyrics layer might contain unwanted line breaks which is apparent when pressing down arrow key.
- Fixed: [#] filter menus did not work in localized versions.
- Fixed: The Xtra Styles filter list did not include set 9.
- Fixed: If using Italian keyboard layout, the # symbol could not be typed into the chord sheet using the dedicated option+à key combination.
- Fixed: The RealDrums button should open the RealDrums Picker if holding [shift] key, and RealDrums Preferences if holding [ctrl] key.
- Fixed: Looping bars by typing L into the chordsheet did not work if the number contained a 3 (eg looping 13 bars).
- Fixed: Audio Edit page should not automatically scroll during playback if user is dragging mouse.
- Improved: Serial number entry is improved for convenience.
- Improved: Crash reports will contain more detailed information.
- Fixed: A number of RealStyles and Demos have fixes to correct minor playback problems, key, feel, and song memos.
There have been some features added to the DAW plugin since version 2.8. Here is a video tutorial that describes these changes:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KY4-VTk-ks&feature=youtu.be
- Added: "Send MIDI Data to DAW for playing MIDI tracks" option in Preferences. **Note: When not enabled, the plugin will send the rendered audio for MIDI tracks if available
- Added: Grey "track type" name in description area if track is empty
- Added: Daw tempo under tempo if not the same
- Added: Context menu option in track table to generate selection for MultiRiffs
- Added: Global sync to host button for non standalone plugin types
- Added: Mute and solo buttons
- Added: Mute and solo options in track context menu
- Added: Labels for pages in track table
- Added: Preferences options for "Default Sync"
- Added: Context menu in chord sheet
- Added: Default settings button in preferences dialog
- Added: Red MIDI channel icon next next to track description
- Added: Chord sheet auto resizes to fit length of song
- Added: Spacebar starts/stops playback in standalone plugin only
- Changed: WAVE, MIDI, and CHART button redesign
- Changed: Update stereo/mono indicators to be abbreviations
- Changed: Moved demo (play) button to style info area
- Fixed: Changed default setting for "Auto Generate Songs" to false
- Fixed: Problems generating a RealDrums track on page two
- Fixed: Removing custom MIDISuperTrack from page one replaced description with MST number
- Fixed: Track table auto scrolling to track with name change
- Fixed: Cannot bring pickers to front when first opening bb app
- Fixed: Scroll bar jumping between pages while scrolling
- Fixed: MIDI notes stay on when playback is stopped
- Fixed: Improved syncing between plugin and DAW
- Fixed: Moved demo (play) button to style info area
- Fixed: Bug when initializing Band-in-a-Box while tracks are playing or synced
- Fixed: Chord sheet highlighting should loop back to beginning if past 256 bars
- Fixed: Loading m_FEDORA.STY displays first chord as Gb instead of F#
- Fixed: Plugin focus is lost when generation starts
- Fixed: Update stereo/mono to be abbreviations
- Fixed: Rename "Special" to "Extra" for tracks on the second page
- Fixed: "Transpose" button resets when closing/opening
- Fixed: Track scrolling is reverse on windows
- Fixed: Ending repeat symbol is off screen
- Fixed: 'ALL' icon should show on midi only gen of midi style
- Fixed: 'ALL' icon should drag primary tracks (midi and audio)
- Fixed: Enable right-click for menu buttons (File, Select, Generate Options)
- Fixed: Custom RDs not generating in style
- Fixed: MultiRiffs are not generating with 4 bar ending
- Fixed: MultiRiffs are not generating all choruses
- Fixed: Harmonies are not working
- Fixed: Default for all render settings is now false
- Fixed: Bar number gets cutoff when window height is large and width is small
- Fixed: Issues selecting bars in the chord sheet
- Fixed: Some songs in "Recents" menu were missing the file name
- Fixed: Unfold should copy everything (time sig and tempo markers)
- Fixed: Issues generating custom track on style page
- Fixed: Local playback should be disabled during DAW playback
- Fixed: Increase track font size for large plugin window
- Fixed: Tip for Generate button was identical to Generate Options
- Fixed: Plugin should not be able to overwrite song demo
- Fixed: Riffs of selected region is not working in context menu
- Fixed: P hotkey should keep the same bar selected
- Fixed: Improved chord sheet zooming to snap to row
- Fixed: Auto scrolling chordsheet during playback should move in pages
- Fixed: Change "Master" track label to "Style Mix"
- Fixed: Tag end should be removed if tag start and tag jump are removed
- Fixed: Issues adding tempo/time signature changes in the chord sheet
- Fixed: RT on Melody track does not get generated
- Fixed: Bar highlighting sometimes flickers when local playback has finished
- Fixed: Flashing highlighted bar at the end of play.
- Added: Space bar can now be used to start playback in standalone version.
Summary of changes for build 410 (April 15, 2020):
DAW Plugin 2.5.25
- Added: A new StyleMaker has been added for editing existing styles, or making new ones.
- Fixed: Crash if closing the Song Titles dialog immediately after opening it.
- Fixed: Magenta color in splash screen if using macOS 10.12 or 10.13.
- Fixed: Song title was not being saved properly in certain cases.
- Fixed: Opening plugin when the DAW has altered tempo shows sync tempo indicator despite the match
- Fixed: typing roman numerals in Normal display makes them show as superscripts
- Fixed: Dragging tracks not working properly
- Fixed: Changing track does not delete old file (if not dragged).
- Fixed: Selected Host shows duplicates in the list
- Fixed: Double clicking on empty track should not launch a picker
- Fixed: Generate state should reset when all tracks are replaced
Summary of changes for build 407 (April 2, 2020):
DAW Plugin 2.5.18
- Fixed: RealDrums Quick List was empty if launched from main toolbar.
- Improved: Bootup time is faster.
- Fixed: It is not possible to type ^ (caret symbol for pushes) in chordsheet if using an Italian keyboard layout.
- Fixed: Opening songs from older versions might misinterpret song title as ?.
- Fixed: Buttons in Custom toolbar are not draggable.
- Fixed: The time signature button on the main toolbar did not do anything.
- Fixed: A maximum of 1990 MIDI events are loaded from a song file into the Melody or Soloist track.
- Fixed: RealDrums Quick List menu item did not do anything.
- Fixed: Find a Sub for RealDrums menu item did not do anything.
- Fixed: Various problems with localized versions.
- Fixed: Some style demos for the newest RealTracks would not play.
- Fixed: Song title will be changed to ? when re-saving if it previously contained international characters like é or ©.
- Fixed: "Open Recent" opened file chooser dialog
- Fixed: Unfold feature not working with some songs
- Fixed: Choruses not resetting when playback is stopped in DAW
- Fixed: Chord superscripts
- Fixed: Clicking zoom many times will crash standalone plugin
- Fixed: Undo removes all chords after opening a song
- Fixed: Buzzing sound in Studio One
- Fixed: Plugin determining chord accidentals now matches main program
- Fixed: Removed alert menu when sync playing tracks that are not up-to-date (generated).
- Fixed: Cancelling generate made song lose "dirty" state
- Fixed: All selected tracks should drag from the plugin
- Fixed: Shortcut file feature not working always working. Support was also added for pgshortc.txt files
- Fixed: Double clicking grey area in chord sheet started playback
- Fixed: Bar highlighting skipped last chorus when the start bar is greater than 1
- Fixed: Right-click on bar should first launch popup menu
- Fixed: Double clicking anywhere on a track should open its picker
- Added: About to File Menu
- Added: "year" to plugin name
- Fixed: remove sync tempo button if already synced
- Fixed: improve 2 finger scroll (too fast)
Summary of changes for build 403 (Mar 17, 2020):
- Fixed: Clicking on Print Chords from the chord sheet context menu causes application to crash.
- Fixed: Feature Browser button is missing from the big toolbar.
- Fixed: Event List window is using wrong colors.
- Fixed: Some song titles are blank in the Song Titles dialog.
- Fixed: Possible Crashes
PG Music Inc.
Band-in-a-Box® Resource: Installing Your RealTracks
Properly installing your RealTracks and setting up the directory should be done before you try to create a song with Band-in-a-Box®.
During the setup process, make sure you note the location you've installed these to when you're looking at the "Select Destination Location" window (typically this is your C:\bb folder). Then, when you're in Band-in-a-Box, visit the RealTracks Preferences (settings) window and double check the "Custom RealTracks folder" location to confirm it's the same as your installed location. If not, simply place a checkmark next to "Use a customer folder location..." and update the path.
The next time you open the RealTracks Picker, choose [Rebuild and Fix] button, and you'll see the entire list of your installed RealTracks... don't forget to [Rebuild] your StylePicker too!
Note: the same steps apply to the RealDrums.
The Band-in-a-Box® 2021 49-PAK for Windows!
Don't forget to boost your Band-in-a-Box® purchase with the 2021 49-PAK for only $49!
What will you get when you add the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 order?
-40 Bonus Unreleased RealTracks
-Instrumental Studies 14: Country Rock Blues Shuffle Soloing
-Look Ma! More MIDI 6
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 33: More Bass
-14 Bonus RealDrums "Singles"
-Artist Performance Set 10: More Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-MultiStyles PAK 1
-"Rediscovered" RealTracks Styles
-Instrumental Studies 15: Minor Jazz Blues Guitar Soloing
-Look Ma! More MIDI 5
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 32: Jazz, New Age and Gospel Keys
-RealCharts for all existing and new RealDrums
The 2021 49-PAK is now included in the 2021 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition!
Watch the video summarizing the 2021-49PAK.
Visit the product page.
Band-in-a-Box® Resource: Downloading Your Purchase
Did you know... when you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you will receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!
You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.
Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.
RealBand 2021 Includes 64-bit PG DX Plugins Presets!
Download the latest update for RealBand 2021 to addpresets for 64-bit PG DX plugins!
Release notes (build 3c, Jan 7 2021):
-Fixed: Running 32-bit realband.exe (Version 2020) is now supported.
-Added: Presets for 64-bit PG DX plugins.
The Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® Special ENDS January 15th!
IT'S YOUR LAST WEEKEND TO SAVE UP TO 50% ON YOUR BAND-IN-A-BOX® UPGRADE!
We've extended our SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until January 15, 2021, so there is still a little time left to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!
Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, plus the 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, the 2021 Free Bonus PAK, and 2021 49-PAK!
We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.
Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.
Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows
If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!
Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 - Special Extended to January 15th!
NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - and we've extended our Xtra Styles PAK and MultiStyles PAK Special until January 15th!
Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!
Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!
And they're ON SALE until January 15th!
Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac
Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)!
Windows user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Today!
We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows version to address a few user-reported program issues and requests. Band-in-a-Box® 2021 users can update for free here.
Have you been using your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase and not applied any patch updates yet? Make sure you download the latest free patch update to access some great Bonus "Half-time" and "Double-time" RealStyles!
Total of new styles is:
-111 new RealStyles
-80 new RealTracks variations.
-27 new RealDrums variations.
-variations of existing 16th-based bluegrass.
-variations of existing celtic and train beat styles.
-new styles with both 8th-based and 16th variations.
-16th-based samba variations.
Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM