You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#608486 - 07/29/20 10:03 AM [RealBand] Problem loading Amplitube
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

When BIAB first introduced Amplitube, I was totally smitten by the product. I bought the whole package including a bunch of the extra gear. And for a while, it worked in Real Band which is where I do most of my work.

Then one day it stopped working, and I don't know why. Now when I try to load it into the effects bin, I get the message VPA PLUGIN REJECTS VPA HOST. Here's a link to a video showing the error:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iudpe58a88eqzgy/amplitube_BIAB%20problem.mp4?dl=0

This remains true on all of the computers where I have BIAB installed, and the BIAB version is different on each computer. Also true of Power Tracks.

In case the DLL got corrupted, I re-downloaded it and reinstalled it and re-authorized it. Same results.

The original DLL was 32 bit; but just in case what I downloaded is now 64 bit, I made sure JBRIDGE was installed... (that didn't change anything.)

I haven't been on the forum in a long time, so maybe something has changed with Amplitube.. but I notice the version of BIAB I just installed still has Amplitube styles... so I would assume that SOME version of Amplitube still works with PGMusic products

I have too much money tied up in Amplitube to walk away... anybody have an idea that might help or at least give me a new starting point?

#608507 - 07/29/20 12:32 PM [RealBand] Re: Problem loading Amplitube [Re: Pat Marr]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Pat,

RealBand is still a 32 bit application. Are you downloading Amplitude from your Band-in-a-Box account or from IKMultimedia's website? What version of Amplitude are you using?
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#608676 - 07/30/20 08:18 AM [RealBand] Re: Problem loading Amplitube [Re: Jim Fogle]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Pat,

RealBand is still a 32 bit application. Are you downloading Amplitude from your Band-in-a-Box account or from IKMultimedia's website? What version of Amplitude are you using?

Hey Jim, thanks for taking time to help me dig for information.
I'm using Amplitube 3.0 which, when I originally bought it was a 32 bit app. I downloaded it from IKMULTIMEDIA's site, in the MY FILES section, where they let you get what you've already bought, and provide the serial numbers. I'm guessing I downloaded what I bought originally.. most companies wouldn't let me download the new version I never paid for.

In the past I've installed the version that comes with BIAB and also re-downloaded and installed the version from IKMultimedia. None of them work for me anymore, not on my original computer that has been through multiple installs, or on newer computers that have only had one version installed and authorized.

Maybe I need to ask IKMultimedia, since the error message says its the plugin that is rejecting the host.
But... if other people are using AmpliTube successfully with PGMusic products, that doesn't make sense.

#608684 - 07/30/20 09:00 AM [RealBand] Re: Problem loading Amplitube [Re: Pat Marr]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

I reported it to IKMultimedia, but I notice that in their dialog box for choosing the host DAW, none of the PGMusic programs were in the list of supported DAWs... which has me wondering if they have dropped support for BIAB.

This prompts me to wonder if anyone is successfully using Amplitube with Real Band, BIAB or Power Tracks.

#608731 - 07/30/20 03:09 PM [RealBand] Re: Problem loading Amplitube [Re: Pat Marr]
Loc: Mi., USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

I don't think Izoptope ever listed PGMusic in the list.

#608793 - 07/31/20 02:40 AM [RealBand] Re: Problem loading Amplitube [Re: Pat Marr]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
I can verify that Amplitube 3 does load and work (at least in RealBand 2020 and in BIAB 2020).

As long as I have already loaded Amplitube 3 to the list of available VST's in BIAB, it will autoload Amplitube on the tracks that use Amplitube (based on the style); however, it seems that if I select an Amplitube style in RealBand, it will not autoload the Amplitube plugin on the track. But I can manually load it, if I wish, and it works.

In BIAB, it has to be Amplitube 3; Amplitube 4 does not autoload for Amplitube based styles.

Amplitube 3 originally was 32-bit only, but later updates include both the 32-bit and 64-bit version. When you install Amplitube, however, you have to make sure you specify different folders for each one, otherwise, the 64-bit plugin overwrites the 32-bit plugin.

I don't know about older versions of RB or PTPA, but it definitely will load in RB 2020 and BIAB 2020.

LaptopBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB
AudioBeast ASUS Win10Pro64 16GB
VideoBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB

BB-RB2020/UMC404HD/Casio Kbds/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NIKomplete/Halion/Garritan/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com

#608854 - 07/31/20 10:47 AM [RealBand] Re: Problem loading Amplitube [Re: Pat Marr]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

thanks John. You've answered some of my questions.

Since trying to get my music stuff working again, I have managed to get Amplitube 3 working with RB on one of my computers where it had never been installed before. As I sort through all of my various plugins and licenses, I see that multiple versions of amplitube have been installed on my main music computer in order to fix the problem, and now I'm wondering if that hasn't made it worse. Today I'll uninstall all installations of Amplitube on that computer and start fresh. I am encouraged by the good results on my other computer where it was a fresh install.

#608895 - 07/31/20 03:33 PM [RealBand] Re: Problem loading Amplitube [Re: Pat Marr]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Remember to squeeze in a reboot between the uninstalls and the reinstall.
Can save aggravation sometimes ..

Edited by rharv (07/31/20 03:34 PM)

#609586 - 08/05/20 07:48 PM [RealBand] Re: Problem loading Amplitube [Re: rharv]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rharv
Remember to squeeze in a reboot between the uninstalls and the reinstall.
Can save aggravation sometimes ..

sounds like heard-earned wisdom to me!
Thanks!

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в "Band-in-a-Box®" 50 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 новых стиля RealTracks (что в два раза больше 101 стиля, которые мы часто выпускали в прошлом), новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), транскрипции для стилей RealDrums и др.!

КУПИТЬ/ОБНОВИТЬ И ЗАГРУЗИТЬ!

Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Forum Stats
32639 Members
68 Forums
65589 Topics
556174 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Bern5432, dixi6, ST56, Ivan2020, HowardWow1997

32638 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 144
Janice & Bud 124