Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#608968 - 07/31/20 11:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
You three always raise the bar here and this I believe is your best to date. The perfect background was set for Janice's, as usual, outstanding vocal. Peter's guitar is icing on the cake.

Appreciate the kind words Mario.
Peter

#608998 - 08/01/20 06:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi there again, J&B + Peter.

You can't beat a good twelve-bar and this one really takes some beating!
A fabulous groove right from the off and a perfect vehicle for both Janice
and Peter to shine through.

A brilliant performance from Janice, even by her usual high standard and probably
the best guitar I've ever heard Peter play.

Can't fault the mix - totally pro throughout.

Loved it.

ROG.

#609015 - 08/01/20 07:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Love when you guys play the blues. Very cool vocal Janice. Peters guitar was awesome. Loved the bakc track and production. Should be on the radio. Well done

#609029 - 08/01/20 09:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi guys and gals most excellent song and vocal love the arrangement perfect guitar chops in the right place so sweet thanks eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#609040 - 08/01/20 12:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Pure perfection!

The stripped down arrangement allows both Janice and Peter to shine, excellent performance from both!

Mix sounds great though both the 'phones and the KRK's.

Love the fake ending!

Nice one you three, enjoyed.

Thanks Dave and we appreciate you mentioning the fake ending. Janice and I were watching an episode of Live at Daryl's where a band used something like that so we decided to try it. Peter very much helped embellish it!

J&B

#609076 - 08/01/20 07:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Al-David]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Greetings To All Three Of You ..

An excellent song any way you want to slice and dice it. Yes ... simplicity can be elegant. A wonderful arrangement and superb performance by all three of you. If you folks keep raising the bar like this, I'm gonna need an oxygen mask just to see it.

Sweet!!!!!!!

Wishing all of you the best. Please be safe ...

Alan

Thanks Alan
Peter

#609112 - 08/02/20 06:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Queensland, Australia
mkg50 (Mike G) Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Queensland, Australia
This is four minutes and eight seconds of BLISS!
Janice's vocals, Bud's production, the PG Music band and Peter's tasty guitar work are top-shelf.
Thanks guys,
Mike

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172

#609170 - 08/02/20 05:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
AWESOME!!! Between Janice's vocal, a fine arrangement, and some tasty guitar from Peter, you guys have delivered as soulful a version as I imagine has ever been done!!! A REAL TREAT!!! Take care. Greg

#609216 - 08/02/20 10:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: rayc]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
It works so well when sign is sung in a sigh.
Excellent ensemble piece.
Great parts and greater than them too.
That voice!

Thanks Ray.
Peter

#609271 - 08/03/20 11:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Online   content
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Wow! THAT note on the second "rock and roll" ... WOW!!! And the ACCENT on the first "rock" :-)

What singing. Janice excels here, she really does. The colour in her voice ... the accents (another one on the word "awful" !!!). The band, too, is absolutely tight rhythmically ... a joy to listen to. Hats off, everyone involved.

Wish I was a fly on the wall when these things get produced ... I always used to dream, when younger, of being "part of the band" or something when top artists recorded (I'd be the conductor, haha!) - and THIS makes me wish I could have been part of it, somehow. Again, hats off to the ground.

#609287 - 08/03/20 01:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Good work on all sides.

You guys have that blues thing together.

I enjoyed it.

Thanks for listening Herb. Lawd knows we do try!

J&B

#609311 - 08/03/20 04:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
J&B and Peter; I'm not known for big words and eloquence, so I'm just going to say...what a job! Nothing less than a masterpiece to be expected from you guys.

Mike B.

#609339 - 08/03/20 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Janice & Bud,

Really soulful blues accentuated by a great vocal. Love the subdued backing on this song, letting Janice’s vocal really shine. Just the right measured touch on the lead guitar. Terrific tune . . . real smooth, real professional. Outstanding!

All my best,

Deej

#609354 - 08/03/20 08:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Cool song. I like how you traced the roots back. Great arrangement. Love that electric guitar. Full, rich vocals. Nice job to all.

#609404 - 08/04/20 10:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Ronnie Fields Offline
Apprentice

Wow, outstanding song. Love the vibe, and the guitar. Vocals are superb. What kind of guitar is used in the solo?

#609409 - 08/04/20 10:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
Thanks so much for the background info for this song.

I have to say this ranks as one of my favorites from you guys (or youz guys if you're from Michigan's U.P.

Peter: awesome guitar...adds the right amount of spice to the song without being overpowering.

Singing is flawless.

#609428 - 08/04/20 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Will Josef]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Wow, this is just a very good song. And the mix - and especially the balance between the vocal and the rest of the band - is outstanding well done.

I really enjoyed this song!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Thanks Will and we appreciate you mentioning the mix.

J&B

#609490 - 08/05/20 04:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
P,B &J, this is a fine example of a modern take on roots influences. The vocal and the guitar are perfectly executed. The mix is clear crisp and separated. The write is in the pocket without getting in the way of itself. I seriously cannot think of one thing that would make this better. As good as it gets, Tom

#609501 - 08/05/20 06:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Janice and Bud,

Well... I can't beat the others with all their nice compliments. I can only admit you fully earned them!
You made a wonderful 'simple' song with such interesting lyrics (and the way you put them together in this song).

I had to smile when reading these lines:
"Well Mister Satan he got real mad
That ole devil got awful mad
Missed those souls he thought he had..."

I only want to lift out one thing; the vocals. Janice, you sang wonderful!

Stay safe,
Hans

#609515 - 08/05/20 07:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Fire The Next Time (feat: Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Expert

J&B+P
Excellent rendition of spirituals. I guess some of the best blues is derived from spirituals. It feels as you put a lot in this one! Solid teamwork. Janice is A+!

P.S. “...home in that rock” may reference “honey in the rock” - interesting.

Thank you for sharing!
Misha.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в "Band-in-a-Box®" 50 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 новых стиля RealTracks (что в два раза больше 101 стиля, которые мы часто выпускали в прошлом), новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), транскрипции для стилей RealDrums и др.!

КУПИТЬ/ОБНОВИТЬ И ЗАГРУЗИТЬ!

Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Forum Stats
32639 Members
68 Forums
65589 Topics
556181 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Bern5432, dixi6, ST56, Ivan2020, HowardWow1997

32638 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 144
Janice & Bud 127